Portable Universe Reviews

25% of reviewers recommend Portable Universe

How would you rate Portable Universe ?

"I recently purchased my first MacBook through portable universe and although a refurb its in great working order, the staff were extremely helpful in terms of product knowledge and also keeping me updated on my order."
"Like other reviewers I have had the same experience. Not fit for purpose laptop. The manager is really confident in telling me that after 28 days there isnt any chance of a refund."
"Do I have to give them even 1 star? They are complete con artists. Do NOT pay them for anything - they will keep your money for nothing. Look at all the reviews around the web carefully."
"Warning, do not use this company. As I run a business from home I need a reliable system, and when my trusty 20" iMac failed (graphics card) after five years of excellent service I went to Portable Universe for an urgent replacement and upgrade. I decided on a 27" "refurbished" iMac from them, for £760, with fast delivery. I was happy with the speed of delivery, but less impressed by the way it arrived with no box, just packaged in a plastic crate with padding around it. I was also not impressed with the obvious dirt on the underside and back, nor the clear dust in the fan intake - this is not what someone should expect to see with a "refurbished" iMac. However, I was willing to overlook this, given that I desperately needed a replacement system to work on. A little dirt and cleaning is no problem. Less than two weeks later the screen failed, turning itself off, repeatedly. This became an impossible situation and I contacted them to discuss a replacement or repair. With initial contact made - blunt and entirely unapologetic - we arranged for it to be collected. They asked about the packaging, and I made it clear how it was delivered to me, no reply was forthcoming. I emailed again, called both their contact numbers several times, no answer. The iMac was collected from me and returned to them. Again, I attempted to contact them about the system to discover whether the fault was repairable, or whether a replacement was possible. No reply. As of this time, I have attempted to make contact with them more than ten times either by phone or by email, and they are simply ignoring me completely. I have now filed a case with my card issuer and I'm seeking a full refund. Buyer beware."
Portable Universe is rated 2.00 based on 4 reviews