Pop Up Designs Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend Pop Up Designs

About Pop Up Designs: In 2015 we started designing and selling our first pop up cards, the first one was for a gift for pupils at Gordonstoun School in Scotland to take home in their luggage~! It was A4 sized and made to last. We sold so many that month that we designed a few more raising £2000 to support two projects we were involved with ( Both are managed by Compassion Uk, one was in India and the other in Equador). The business grew and our retirement plan of making a hundred cards a week from the shed in the garden, changed rapidly after winning the best new Product award at the Scottish Gift Trade show in 2016. We now have a workshop with ten laser cutters and can make about 120 wood gifts an hour, we hope to raise much money for other projects. In 2017 we helped with a project in Kenya (funding a woodworking skills vocational course with tools and a teacher for 30 a year to get a chance of a future vocation) and in 2018 we helped with a project for cooking and woodwork in Tanzania, and supplying energy to projects in Togo Africa. We partnered with Adopt-A-Child (based in Inverness) in 2018 to fund projects they do for child sponsorship in Albania and Guatemala, and hope to visit Guatemala later in the Autumn. We have funded the giving of chickens and cows to families out there, food for the old widows and medical, dental work in Albania. Buying some beds & wheel chairs, a four wheel truck to deliver much needed supplies and even paying for one young lady to have a back operation so she can now walk! This has made all the hard work feel very worthwhile.
There are four of us working now most of the week to make, to package and distribute our cards to over 400 shops in the UK. We export to a few countries as well. The cards have got smaller and more detailed as we have got better at design and making, and are now made in Italian Poplar. Andy and Fiona Pop Up Cox, were joined by Gabrielle Pretto for two years until November 2018. From January 2019 Nathan Savory joined the team to help in the workshop and Lynda Charleston joined in May to help with the packing. With 10 laser cutters cutting up to 120 wooden gifts an hour, we hope to make, package and sell 100 000 in 2018-9!
Our range of unique laser cut wooden Pop Up postcards and gift cards designed and made in Scotland featuring designs for Scottish Animals, Scottish Heritage, Fun/Novelty, Christmas, Occassions, Boxsilhouettes, mini Cards, Birds, Transport, Wee hints of colour, Charles Rennie Mackintosh..... Wales..... the list just keeps growing!.

info@popupdesigns.co.uk

3 St. Peters Road, Duffus

Tell us how Pop Up Designs made you happy

Bernadette T
"Excellent all round communication, service and product. Our card made a special occasion more memorable, especially as our daughter had to put it together without any instructions, although they were provided, we felt she may enjoy a challenge. Special keepsake."
Gina P
"I ordered an assortment of over 50 different popups for table favours for my sons wedding earlier this year. Just to let you know they were a big hit with everyone and a great 'ice-breaker' especially as there were so many different designs for everyone to share."
Andrea F
"From the moment I initially made my first order, I was impressed! Impressive service, delivery to Australia and most of all the quality of the wooden cards and items. They custom made some Pirate disks for the Yeppoon Choral Society’s production of The Pirates of Penzance. Every member of the cast and crew were overwhelmed and amazed. Thoroughly recommend Pop Up Designs!!! A Friend 🇦🇺"
"Good fun good value good service excellent originality"
"Bought some Scottish pop ups as part of my sons birthday and he loved them. I would recommend and I will use this company again."
"Great gift idea, quick delivery and friendly service"
"Fantastic, unique, pop up cards. Arrived quickly and look fab!"
"Love these cards, they are fun to give and a good keepsake if you use a bit of glue on them."
Thank you for enjoying our cards and giving them away! We do glue all the shop models for display so they last a bit longer and I am sure a few others must glue on broken bits. So glad you like them.
"The response to my order was extremely quick and I was kept updated throughout the order process. The product has been well received by the recipients and they enjoyed the intricacies of putting it together. Thank you"
Thank you very much for you review, we are glad the recipients enjoyed the making . We try to be quick and keep all updated! Very kind.
"Great products and excellent service!"
Thank you for your kind review of our wee business! I wish all our products were great! we have 2000 but sell on line about 300 good ones!
"Loved the wide selection of designs. Ordering from overseas was easy enough. The anticipated delivery arrived in perfect order and was very popular amongst the recipients."
Thank you for your kind review, we have not always found shipping overseas easy and have stopped selling through Amazon abroad as a result! Very glad the delivery got to you and the recipients were happy!
"Just about the most original designs for greeting cards that I’ve come across. Well worth buying. The quality is exceptional and the customer service rates as five star."
Thank you for your lovely review! We love the fact that you original, we do try! exceptional quality and great customer service is too much! Very kind.
"Ordering was an easy process, and I was contacted by email to inform me my order had been shipped. All in all I'm very happy with the service provided, weel done to all involved."
Thank you for your kind review and supporting our charity aimed business.
"Great product for all the family! Quick response with fast postage!"
Thank you Terry for your review, excited to find out how your Dad gets on with his Christmas Present. Hope he will love it!
"Really unusual birthday card gift."
Thank you for your review, we do try to be unusual and a bit different from the normal products!
"No-one could have been more helpful and such original designs! Absolutely 5*** for this company."
Thank you for your kind review, we do try to be helpful and original. So kind you think we are 5 star, i always felt as a teacher I was a disast...star!
"These are fun to assemble, the doll's house inhabitants are excited by their new furniture."
Thank you for your review, glad you had fun putting them together Helen. The doll's house inhabitants hopefully will treat them like part of the furniture soon!
"Excellent service. Very helpful on the phone and arrived quickly Thankyou"
Thank you for your kind thoughts on our service, help on the phone and quick response. We try to do good. Thank you for supporting our charity aimed business.
"Bought 6 in total - 3 in a shop then 3 more by mail order. I was disappointed that the highland coo I first bought in a shop was not coloured as they're Xmas gifts for children and it was the same price! I wasn't aware of the coloured ones till I looked online but they are all very cute and ideal stocking fillers or to send as a small gift with cards."
Thank you for taking the time to review us and your thoughts. The non coloured ones should be retailed as under £5, and the coloured products are usually £6. We do try to give a free wood gift card with all internet orders. Quite proud of the coloured range, all new this year and expanding.
"Brilliant idea, well executed and efficiently dispatched"
Thank you for your kind review. I wish all our ideas were brilliant, 2000 designs and about 300 make it!
"I was so impressed with pop up designs. From the very first phone call till the delivery of the card, the service was just brilliant. Staff were so friendly and efficient. I had emails to let me know where my order was at and again to say it had been posted. Other companies could learn a lot from this company. Thank you"
What a fab review, it is very kind of you to take the time for us. Thank you.
"Wonderful products with a fascinating range of interests covered and excellent customer service."
Thank you very much for your kind review. We try to be excellent with our customer service and hopefully do well most of the time! Too many products really! still trying to do more, coloured ones in particular this year are selling well!
"Love the unique novelty value"
Thank you for your review, we are certainly quite unique and novelty! Hopefully good value for quality laser cutting.
Pop Up Designs is rated 4.98 based on 85 reviews