Pong Cheese Reviews

07AM
7AM

Popular Questions:

Delivery

How does Pong Cheese deliver?

How can I contact Pong Cheese?

About Pong Cheese: Pong was created to bring customers in the UK some of the very best cheeses produced by the leading independent and artisan producers, complimented with some classics from Europe.<br /> <br /> At Pong we believe cheese is the greatest gift of all. We sell a large sel?

hello@pongcheese.co.uk

17 Prospect Place, Camden Road

Category:
Food & Drink

Click Here

Tell us how Pong Cheese made you happy

"Lovely unusual cheeses - we had a problem in that the courier squashed our first box through our letterbox and Pong immediately sent us a wonderful replacement box which we really appreciate. Also ordered a box for my brother who lives in Switzerland and it was delivered really speedily."
Are you Pong Cheese? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"I don't often leave reviews but after the amazing service I received today it is only fair I do so. I had got my dates wrong on my cheese delivery and organised a get-together on said wrong dates. I called Pong and spoke with their customer service and they expedited my order a week early at no extra cost to myself. Correspondence was great over the phone and via email - I really felt like they went out their way to make this happen for me. Every previous delivery has been successful, every cheese delicious. We're over the moon to be honest! Thank You PONG"
"I don't often post reviews but I felt the poor reviews on this site do Pong a disservice. I was gifted the monthly cheese boxes and they have all been excellent choices of cheese. I had no problem with delivery at all and the one time a cheese did go off (after I had had it for several weeks but within use by date) I contacted customer service and they replied the next day and replaced my cheese."
"Used a number of times, always great service, would recommend."
"I received my Pong selection as a Christmas present & for 5 months after so I cannot comment on price. The delivery driver was prompt, always on the day specified & being retired always found me at home. He was also polite. Most of the cheeses were nice to very nice(Kaltbach Creamy was so nice I could eat it on its own) There were two/three that did disappoint but overall a good selection."
"I signed up for the 'Cheese Club' and clicked the 'NoGoatsCheese' option, I then decided to up it to the 'Premium Box' at an extra cost not realising at the time that it meant my previous 'NoGoatsCheese' choices would be cancelled and were essentially pointless, I received the box and the first cheese I see is 'Goats Cheese' and all the other cheeses were all the same type (Soft Cheese) which didn't reflect the many kinds of cheeses the website advertises, I contacted them 3 times over 2 weeks about my order and was told they would call me back but no one did, After another call, I was told a manager would call me but instead, I received an email from customer services suggesting I order a different box next time, Pong Cheese Club So I ended up paying extra money to receive the very thing I did not want and the selections in the box were basically all the same, I'm really disappointed with the company and won't be using them again. (but should point out the cheese arrived in decent packaging and was of a decent quality)"
"Poor customer services"
"Ordered £29 box monthly subscription. Cheese included were worth less than £12 retail value. Packaging inappropriate, some of the cheese had taken a gooey consistency and the harder cheese had gone sweaty, due to the incompetant packaging. The date on the cheeses had very short shelf life, one had less than a week to consume. Would in no way recommend this company."
This is a duplication of the previous entry
"I purchased the £29 monthly box subscription. I wasn't expecting to want to write a review but I'm so disappointed, here it is, 1The total retil value of the cheeses received was less than half this, approximately £12. The packaging the cheese were sent in was entitrely inappropriate. A standard non insulated box with a few cool packs that had completely defrosted in transist. One of the cheeses, a type of brie had turned to a gooey mess, the remaining cheeses looked sweaty and unappealing because of the temperature. This is completely unacceptable, and avoidable. My final gripe that would otherwise be a non-issue had the cheese been ok is that there was an absurd amount of junk mail included in the package."
We've only just received your email telling us that your Premium box sustained damage in transit and we, as we have said in our reply to you, are more than happy to send out a replacement. The packaging has been routinely tested for durability and temperature in accordance with the FSA and our own quality requirements. Sometimes if the box is mis-treated in transit then the packaging can become compromised and in these rare instances, if the contents are affected we will send a replacement. You've not given us the opportunity to do this and also you're wrong about the retail value; the box you received had 5 cheeses with a total retail value of £30 plus a delivery charge of £5 and given that you had 50% off your first box, we think that represents a great deal!
"One Delivery left outside so spoiled Other cheeses are very short dated and often unfit for consumption, eg over salty or rancid"
"Gift ordered over a week ago still hasn’t arrived. Delivery company first say are “unable to locate the address” which is nonsense then say there was no one at home now according to the tracking system they tried to deliver at 00.00! Rang Pong cheese and either they leave you hanging on the phone or a disinterested receptionist says someone will call you back which they don’t. Very disappointed and will ask for a refund."
"Terrible. My wife ordered cheese to be delivered on 21/12/18 for a friend's birthday. Did not arrive. Tried to contact them by phone on 22/12/18 - no answer. Tried emailing - got an email telling us they are closed until 3/1/19. What sort of company that sells things that are popular at Xmas would close down 4 days before Xmas? Unbelievable!!!!!"
"Poor delivery service - this is perishable food and it is left in direct sunlight, left on doorsteps in full view of the street and on one occasion left on top of a drain so the box was soaking wet when i arrived home"
"Great cheese - if you receive it!!! Ordered in November for Christmas. Delivery never arrived and when queried Pong offered to send in the New Year! Declined and asked for a refund which never arrived. Chased and chased and eventually received my refund. I have used previously and the cheese was lovely. Unfortunately their delivery company lets them done and so does their customer service. They have lost me as a customer and would never recommend them. Shame as great idea."
"The procedure to cancel a subscription is deliberately unclear. It feels like an attempt to force you into one more delivery. I'm almost sure my subscription is now cancelled, but any more packages are going straight back."
"Still waiting for £ back."
"The last of three deliveries as a gift from daughter overseas. I have complained already about poor delivery service by courier company and their couldn't care less attitude. Previous two orders straight in the bin as the packing was so hot the cheeses inside had melted. Having complained, there is a note on the front of today's box that clearly states "PERISHABLE IF OUT LEAVE IN PORCH OR WITH A NEIGHBOUR". Needless to say my wife and I were out and when we came back, sitting on the front door step, in the full early morning sun, one smelly cheese box. Not 12 inches away from where it was left is a cupboard that is clearly not locked with PLENTY of room inside to leave a small box. So a gift has been ENTIRELY wasted and the money paid also WASTED and this package WASTED as it has gone straight into the bin. You people do not seem to have learned anything!!"
"Late delivery and cheese in dreadful condition. Pictures available. All cheese went in the bin. Customer services not interested. I'll never use this company again."
"Terrible Customer service - order incorrect"
Pong Cheese is rated 1.84 based on 25 reviews