Pong Cheese Reviews

03AM
3AM

Popular Questions:

Delivery

How does Pong Cheese deliver?

How can I contact Pong Cheese?

About Pong Cheese: Pong was created to bring customers in the UK some of the very best cheeses produced by the leading independent and artisan producers, complimented with some classics from Europe.<br /> <br /> At Pong we believe cheese is the greatest gift of all. We sell a large sel?

hello@pongcheese.co.uk

17 Prospect Place, Camden Road

Category:
Food & Drink

company-profile.Click_here

Tell us how Pong Cheese made you happy

"Ordered £29 box monthly subscription. Cheese included were worth less than £12 retail value. Packaging inappropriate, some of the cheese had taken a gooey consistency and the harder cheese had gone sweaty, due to the incompetant packaging. The date on the cheeses had very short shelf life, one had less than a week to consume. Would in no way recommend this company."
This is a duplication of the previous entry
"I purchased the £29 monthly box subscription. I wasn't expecting to want to write a review but I'm so disappointed, here it is, 1The total retil value of the cheeses received was less than half this, approximately £12. The packaging the cheese were sent in was entitrely inappropriate. A standard non insulated box with a few cool packs that had completely defrosted in transist. One of the cheeses, a type of brie had turned to a gooey mess, the remaining cheeses looked sweaty and unappealing because of the temperature. This is completely unacceptable, and avoidable. My final gripe that would otherwise be a non-issue had the cheese been ok is that there was an absurd amount of junk mail included in the package."
We've only just received your email telling us that your Premium box sustained damage in transit and we, as we have said in our reply to you, are more than happy to send out a replacement. The packaging has been routinely tested for durability and temperature in accordance with the FSA and our own quality requirements. Sometimes if the box is mis-treated in transit then the packaging can become compromised and in these rare instances, if the contents are affected we will send a replacement. You've not given us the opportunity to do this and also you're wrong about the retail value; the box you received had 5 cheeses with a total retail value of £30 plus a delivery charge of £5 and given that you had 50% off your first box, we think that represents a great deal!
"One Delivery left outside so spoiled Other cheeses are very short dated and often unfit for consumption, eg over salty or rancid"
"Gift ordered over a week ago still hasn’t arrived. Delivery company first say are “unable to locate the address” which is nonsense then say there was no one at home now according to the tracking system they tried to deliver at 00.00! Rang Pong cheese and either they leave you hanging on the phone or a disinterested receptionist says someone will call you back which they don’t. Very disappointed and will ask for a refund."
"Terrible. My wife ordered cheese to be delivered on 21/12/18 for a friend's birthday. Did not arrive. Tried to contact them by phone on 22/12/18 - no answer. Tried emailing - got an email telling us they are closed until 3/1/19. What sort of company that sells things that are popular at Xmas would close down 4 days before Xmas? Unbelievable!!!!!"
"Poor delivery service - this is perishable food and it is left in direct sunlight, left on doorsteps in full view of the street and on one occasion left on top of a drain so the box was soaking wet when i arrived home"
"Great cheese - if you receive it!!! Ordered in November for Christmas. Delivery never arrived and when queried Pong offered to send in the New Year! Declined and asked for a refund which never arrived. Chased and chased and eventually received my refund. I have used previously and the cheese was lovely. Unfortunately their delivery company lets them done and so does their customer service. They have lost me as a customer and would never recommend them. Shame as great idea."
"The procedure to cancel a subscription is deliberately unclear. It feels like an attempt to force you into one more delivery. I'm almost sure my subscription is now cancelled, but any more packages are going straight back."
"Still waiting for £ back."
"The last of three deliveries as a gift from daughter overseas. I have complained already about poor delivery service by courier company and their couldn't care less attitude. Previous two orders straight in the bin as the packing was so hot the cheeses inside had melted. Having complained, there is a note on the front of today's box that clearly states "PERISHABLE IF OUT LEAVE IN PORCH OR WITH A NEIGHBOUR". Needless to say my wife and I were out and when we came back, sitting on the front door step, in the full early morning sun, one smelly cheese box. Not 12 inches away from where it was left is a cupboard that is clearly not locked with PLENTY of room inside to leave a small box. So a gift has been ENTIRELY wasted and the money paid also WASTED and this package WASTED as it has gone straight into the bin. You people do not seem to have learned anything!!"
"Late delivery and cheese in dreadful condition. Pictures available. All cheese went in the bin. Customer services not interested. I'll never use this company again."
"Terrible Customer service - order incorrect"
"I so wish I'd read these reviews before ordering - again - from Pong. Great cheese - but shocking delivery service and appalling customer service. Waiting for a ring back and refund as the courier 'couldn't find our address'. So much for cheesy gifts. Never again."
"Terrible service. Don't try emailing them to complain - they can't even be bothered with the basic courtesy of a response!"
"Rubbish service. Don't bother - use alternative website"
"Definitely a bad smell about this company. We ordered our Christmas cheese delivery early in November to ensure that everything was organised and were assured that it would be delivered on time. As Christmas eve dawned we went onto the courier website armed with the tracking number provided by pong cheese to find that it was not recognised. When we called the cheese company they dismissed us with a stock message that the courier had sent incorrect tracking numbers but assured us that all cheese deliveries would be met by 7pm. We waited in the house all day for the delivery which never came and it was then too late to purchase cheese from anywhere else which ruined the last part of our Christmas dinner. The company's initial response to this was that we would be refunded and we had to call them to arrange that but didn't even apologise for the missing delivery. A few days later they called with an apology and had the cheek to request that we would not hold it against them and would order from them again! We received no compensation or even an offer of a free cheese for the inconvenience that they caused. I would strongly suggest that no-one else orders from this company especially if you want your cheese to actually be delivered! Find a more reliable source."
"Pong Cheese, what can one say? First of all, the cheeses are expensive, more expensive than from other suppliers. We ordered twice, believing that everyone deserves a second chance. The first delivery went OK(ish), some of the cheeses not up to good French standards, but edible anyway. Second order was a disaster; all cheeses ordered arrived as if they had gone through a session in a very hot oven, each one looking as if it had melted. Couldn't trust them, so they were all thrown onto the compost heap. Didn't bother to put in a claim as I realised it couldn't be proven, but did inform the supplier, asking for my name to be deleted from their records. A couple of weeks later and still no comment received. My feelings? Order at your peril!"
Pong Cheese is rated 1.84 based on 25 reviews