Plusnet Reviews

Plusnet have a Customer Happiness Grade of D. Customers are happy with their prices and customer service but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

7% of reviewers recommend Plusnet
1 New Reviews Written
2PM
2PM
Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Over a week

How would you rate Plusnet ?

"Almost doubled my monthly charge without telling me when my initial contract came to an end- no warning that it was nearing the time to renew. No problems with the actual broadband provided but very long wait times to talk to someone when you need to."
"I cancelled my order within days of ordering a package. I even received a message confirming this from your very helpful customer service adviser. However since then I have had two messages telling me a router is on its way for me to begin using Plusnet. This package will not be opened when it comes. I have tried and tried to get through to Plusnet to let you know but I am either told I have to wait on the phone for anything between 20 and 40...yes 40 mins....So I try to text and e:mail but you dont accept these. So I try online live chat but guess what .....unavailable. It seems pretty ridiculous that a company can make itself so difficult for its customers to communicate with. Virgin has its faults but at least I can ring them or contact them online and get a response. Please save yourself the bother of sending this router."
"With my then current 1 year contract ended their salesman phoned my home telephone with a great deal as he put it. After he had finished gabbling on, I looked at the deal and, realized I could get a better deal elsewhere. Following evening I cancelled the deal and, moved to another Broadband/phone provider. Since then I have spent ages on the phone to Plusnet wanting to know why they penalized me for 12 months of Broadband payments when technically already out of contract. Further more, I have received further bills even though I am no longer receiving their Broadband / phone package even though they need to refund me money they have already taken, from my bank account. Their answer on the phone was to cancel the bank direct debit to stop anymore Plusnet money grabs. Really this company is a shambles and, need to get their act together."
"Problems getting connected in new house. Spent literally hours trying to speak to staff in call centre. Staff very pleasant but would rather not have to wait for literally an hour each time I want to contact them! After the second engineer visit my broadband was up and running but I discovered 3 months later that I was getting charged £65 for this! Shocking customer service. I thought they had a good reputation but I was sorely disappointed."
"Dealing with Plusnet is a bit like trying to win the biggest prize on a rigged fairground attraction, then wondering why you've ended up frustrated and skint. One of the reasons I've looked forward to being back online, is so I could write this review! As loyal customers, we had naively signed-up again with Plusnet, just prior to receiving the worst customer service we've had from any internet provider...ever. Our router broke a week ago. Getting through to them on the phone was a task testing enough on its own. Waited up to 30 mins to get through. When we did make contact they promised to get a replacement out "within 2 - 5 days". That struck me as an unacceptably long and vague window, but unfortunately I'm not the account holder, so i don't call the tune. Anyway, waited in the hope that such a large, successful company would be using a fast (24 hour) courier. Nothing after 3 working days, so we rang them again on the 4th day, only to be told they'd "had a problem with the manufacturer", and our box would be posted "within 1-2 days". This info was clearly deliberately withheld in the first instance. They are procrastinating liars, in my opinion. Our new router arrived today - exactly one week after the old one broke down, so we've been locked out of the t'interweb for 7 days, thanks their inefficiency and holding out on us. It's a shame, because you used to be able to ring them and speak to somebody directly within minutes. They portray themselves as a good, old-fashioned, honest-to-God Yorkshire company, but they certainly don't deliver, let alone "do us proud" - as they so boldly claim."
Plusnet is rated 1.32 based on 159 reviews