Pickaweb Reviews

0% of reviewers recommend Pickaweb
8PM
8PM

Tell us how Pickaweb made you happy

"Hosting was OK but small accounts. Once moved and requesting deletion of my account they continued to run the account and send out automated messages etc for over 3 months. Customer services werent too bothered and after arguring with them for 30 minutes with them telling me the account was terminated they finally agreed there had been an error. Not a care in the world about it and they would of kept my personal data insecurely online forever had the system not been sending out automated emails."
Are you Pickaweb? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"A stray dog helped me with my website issue more than pickaweb did. Thanks stray dog! Talking to a brick wall proved to be more use than their tech support. No, actually running around naked in your back yard is more likely to find the answer to fix your problems than their tech support. If you would like to spend a good hour googling your problem and then teaching their tech support about what the solution was, then go ahead use this company. or...you can just use any other company on the planet. even if they aren't a web hosting company, that would be more use to you than these lot. Shame coz they used to have the best tech support before they outsourced it to some 3rd world country. Woefully incompetent, condescending and clueless, you'd be stupid to even consider them, seriously; just give your money to a snowman, he'd probably have more intelligence and would probably be better at solving your issues."
"Pickaweb Is The Worst Hosting Company! I joined Pickaweb after having done extensive research, trying to find a better hosting company that has Wordpress expertise and provides better tech support than we experienced previously. Everything, including reviews here and elsewhere suggested that they are the one! Really?! Their sales team were quick in responding and saying all the right things before I committed myself, but after sales it has become a different story! They claim that they: *Provide 24/7 support: Beware that this is just to do with server related support and NOT general tech support. For tech support they are only responsive during UK working hours, and when they are available they either provide very poor service or could leave you in a worse position than you were before you contacted them (e.g. One of their staff members had tampered with our htaccess file WITHOUT PERMISSION which had resulted in our website broken and inaccessible for many hours! When I queried this, they denied any wrong doing and tried to blame it on our staff, then said that they do not know how to rectify the issue and asked me to contact my website developer. After hours of investigation I found through the log files that in fact it was them who had caused the issues. When I confronted them and provided the evidence, they said "Sorry for the inconvenience", a phrase you hear too often from them! *Phone Support: None whatsoever! They take you through an automated message asking you to use their Live Chat option and then hang-up! *Free and smooth migration within hours: It took them over 10 frustrating days to complete our website's migration! *WordPress expertise: None! Just to quote their senior staff: "please note that our techs are not specialized in website development or cms like Wordpress Joomla etc" *UK based company: Not entirely! Their servers may be in the UK, but their support team are all over the world, mainly in Philippines/India. So when you see the names like Antony popping up on their chatline box, just be aware that this may not necessarily be a person from the UK. I have to say that I find this somewhat insincere as the photos that are shown for their support team do not match the ethnicity of the speaker! Why not use the speaker's own photo or none? *99.99% Uptime: Not true at all! There have been countless hours of downtime during the working hours in the UK since we joined Pickaweb; not to count the times when a server component has needed attention. This is not acceptable, especially for running a business. *Unlimited numerous functions: There is no mention of file usage limits in their marketing pitch. Their Starter package has 250,000 file usage limit, which could be adequate for some I suppose. I filed a complaint after numerous attempts in asking for their complaint procedure and eventually they informed me that it has to go through their support team! A claimed senior member got back to me with evasive and non-committal gumpf and as I insisted on them providing genuine answers, they closed my ticket unresolved, even though professionally speaking it is customers' right to determine when to close their query upon having received a satisfactory response! I am truly baffled as to how they have such glowing reviews here and on other review platforms! I do not not trust Pickaweb with anything, and that is not a great position to be in. My advice? BE VERY VERY CAREFUL and do not base your decision on reviews you read, mine included!"
Pickaweb is rated 1.00 based on 4 reviews