Patchwork Gift Registry Reviews

of reviewers recommend Patchwork Gift Registry
Email, Live Chat, Telephone
Read Patchwork Gift Registry Reviews

About Patchwork Gift Registry:

Patchwork lets friends contribute cash, time and skills to organise a group gift or event. With Pinterest style layout, gorgeous image gallery and customisable templates creating a patchwork is easy and fun. Whatever you're celebrating, try it today.

+44 (0)20 8617 8487

hello@patchworkit.com

Tell us how Patchwork Gift Registry made you happy
Terrible UI, clunky and awkward to use.
Hi there, We're really surprised and disappointed to receive this review as our UX and speed and ease of checkout is something we are usually congratulated on! So, we're genuinely concerned and interested to hear about the issue you had. We are a small London based team and always really happy to chat on the phone, or by email - so please do get in touch and share your feedback so that we can keep on improving our service.
very difficult to make the payment - it kept going back to the first page. . It also insisted that I consented to giving name which I didn't want to do. Not impressed will not be using again.
Hi Elizabeth, it sounds like you had an issue on the PayPal site, where your payment was processed, and not on the Patchwork site. However, we are sorry for this inconvenience. We do require a name for any purchase made on the site, as is usual for all online retailers.
Too expensive and confusing
Hi there, I'm sorry you found your friends' gift page expensive. We don't set prices, but rather, they are set by the creator of the page. We always recommend having a wide range of prices available to guests, but because the creator is free to set up their page as they wish, we aren't able to control exactly how the page is set up.
Very easy to use until it comes to payment. Took me a good half an hour to check out. The site is not set up to recognise U.K. telephone number formats.
Hi Karen,

Thanks for your positive comments about Patchwork! I'm sorry that you had an issue on the PayPal site. The PayPal payment form is set to the U.S. as default but it's possible to change this by selecting U.K. from the drop down box, and then it will accept all UK phone numbers and addresses.

Patchwork Team
Impossible to use
Very poor product in my opinion

Generic descriptions

People should more easily ask for a donation-it’s simply a method of avoiding embarrassment

Sorry, but it does absolutely nothing to excite me
It's very good that you noticed I was having trouble paying, that you took the initiative to email me and that we could have an exchange on the matter. Good customer service
Thank you for your very positive comments on our customer service and we are sorry once again for the issues that you had paying via PayPal.
Very poor service. Payment system doesn’t work. Have I paid once or twice.
Please let me know ASAP.
Stephen Neel
07968 206716
Hello Stephen, I can see that you were on the PayPal site making a payment. PayPal is the payment method chosen by your friends. I responded to your email as soon as I received it and I confirmed that you have paid successfully only once. You would have received two confirmations - one from Patchwork confirming your order and one from PayPal confirming your payment. I also offered further help, so please do get in touch if you have any concerns. Everything looks perfect however. Best wishes, Rosie
My friend had no idea how to use the site a short explanation hover over the patches would have helped also the site is based in USA a guide to scroll down to uk before entering personal data
Ie test the site in people over 60
Hi Fiona,

It sounds like you are describing an issue you had on the PayPal site. We (Patchwork) are a UK company based in London but you were making a payment via PayPal as that is the payment method chosen by the couple you were gifting. PayPal are US based and so you do need to select UK from the drop down menu. We are always happy to try to help with any issue relating to your purchase and are availble in person on the phone, via email at hello@patchworkit.com or via LiveChat
Payment procedure is needlessly complicated and the Paypal integration is very clunky and buggy. It took my 7 attempts to get through to purchase and I am now not sure if I've been charged twice. Very poor UX, which is a shame for such a good service idea.
Hi Anna, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry that you had a frustrating check out experience. PayPal is one of two payment options that we offer our users, and some people choose both, others only one of the two. In this case your friends only chose to offer PayPal. PayPal works well if you want to checkout with your PayPal account but can be a little longwinded if you want to pay by card. We have deliberately kept our own UX extremely simple and clutter free so it's a shame that the last part of the journey did not live up to our expectations or yours.
Best wishes from all of us at Patchwork
It kept diverting me to PayPal even though I wanted to pay with debit card. Not a stress free experience and not really very mobile friendly due to the multiple loading screens.
Hi Thom, many thanks for your feedback which is much appreciated by our team. PayPal have made some changes to their check out experience meaning that guests who already have a PayPal account (and are using a card associated with that account) are recognised by PayPal and are redirected to log in to their PayPal account. For guests who wish to pay with a card we offer another payment platform that allows easy secure checkout on our site but it is up to our individual list holders which payment options they choose for their page. On the mobile site comments - we agree and are currently in the process of undergoing a big mobile site redesign to address these and other design and UX issues to improve the site for our mobile users. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment it's really valuable to us as a young indecent business.
Best wishes and we hope to welcome you back again,
Team Patchwork
Painfully long and slow payment options at the end. Ask for loads of unnecessary information. Had to pay via PayPal in the end as issues with card payments. If I had the choice I wouldn’t use again.
Hi there,

So sorry that you had a frustrating experience once you were redirected to the PayPal site for payment. We do offer our creators another payment option but it sounds like your friends only chose to use PayPal on this occasion. PayPal provide a good checkout process if using a PayPal account but can make it difficult if you are trying to pay with a card. We are sorry if this part of the process spoiled the experience of using patchworkit.com for you.
I didn't want to use Paypal and that was the only option it gave me.
Hi there,
Thanks for your feedback. Although the gift list holders have chosen to use PayPal to process their contributions, it is possible to pay with a debit or credit card via the PayPal site. So although you are on the PayPal site you are actually able to choose to use a card instead of a PayPal account.
Team Patchwork
I have been unable to correct the typo on my message
Hello Ian,

I'm sorry that you made a mistake when entering your name. Easily done! We are always here to help either via email, phone or LiveChat message so we can correct any mistakes or help with any other issues. Please do get in touch next time so that we can assist you quickly. We have made the correction for you now.

Team Patchwork
So difficult to put info into PayPal. Took 5 attempts!
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are really sorry that you had an issue with PayPal and understand your frustration. We do try to contact everyone who has an issue and our team are always happy to help either by phone, LiveChat message, or email and will do our very best to resolve any issues promptly
The fees are not explained. Yes, there is a page that explains it buried in the website but sites like this should have to be completely transparent that they charge fees, before potential customers invest hours crafting their lists. Very disappointed and will not use the site as a result.
Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. As a young, independent company it matters to us a lot!

Patchwork works in two slightly different ways. It is a free to use site if people want to plan an event and ask friends and family to pledge their time and skills - for example at a 'DIY' wedding or a community event.

Patchwork only charge fees (3.6% commission) when users collect cash contributions and this is explained on our fees page. We would, however, like to apologise to you, if the information was not made clear enough on your arrival at patchworkit.com

We will be taking all of your comments in to account and certainly intend for our commission based fee structure to be completely upfront and transparent to all of our users.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Team Patchwork
Painful website to use. You can't tell how much anything is until you clock into each item, nor can you tell what each one is until you click through. Also, it's possible to view items when they aren't even available to buy. Nice concept, annoying to use though.
Your payment website is extremely difficult and I don’t wish to struggle using it again
You can't tell once you have purchased the gift if others can still purchase the same item. It seems pointless to buy/fund something which can the new subsequently be bought/funded multiple times.
Not able to use on my mobile, don't want to pay through PayPal but forced too
Patchwork Gift Registry is rated 4.75 based on 2,602 reviews