Oxfam Online Shop Reviews

Fashion Accessories
Fashion
Clothing
Fashion Accessories

How would you rate Oxfam Online Shop ?

"Oxfam has a serious issue with their apparent disinterest in accurately describing items online. I see I am the second customer to complain about serious inaccuracies in item descriptions, resulting in either overpaying for an item or disappointment on arrival - or both. I bought a book described as having a "handwritten note" from the author and, on receipt, the "handwritten" note was actually a photocopy of the original note to the recipient of the book. Anyone can tell the difference between a photocopy and a handwritten, original, letter, and so I pose the question of whether the description was fraudulent - as it overinflated the price asked for the book. Oxfam simply suggested I return the book to them. As it is a rare item to find, I chose to retain it, but they refused to offer any reduction or reimbursement - even as a goodwill gesture. I will not use their service again, and will actively recommend others to be mindful or their misleading item descriptions."
"When I buy items from a charity shop I always have a mindset that it is a donation , and I have something to wear / use in return. Then again I have been buying pre-used clothes for many years , as well as new. To me the charity and their work come first and so I don't mind paying a little extra and Oxfam's prices can be rather high. I have recently purchased 3 items. Two were (genuine) vintage , the other a fairly modern , but originally very expensive dress, and all in super condition . I am delighted and they were delivered within four days of my order. I do think it's a shame that there does not appear to be much space for detailed descriptions , or photos . However returns are free if what you receive isn't quite what you want. If you are not interested in supporting charitable organisations , but just looking for a bargain , then stick to the high street sales."
"Poor descriptions of items - I bought two Karen Millen dresses recently both were described as in 'very good condition', neither were in the described condition, and obvious flaws were not noted. One dress had a minor fault a rip to the lining and also areas where the stitching was stretched, but the other a satin long cocktail dress arrived dirty and stained, it had obvious stains like mud as a splash back up the back and water stains were the colour had run in big blobs on the front and back and also loose stitches to the neckline detailing. I would not recommend buying from them, as garments are clearly not inspected properly. The only positive element of purchasing was there prompt dispatch. Unfortunately I did not get round to returning them my fault I readily admit, they do offer returns."
Oxfam Online Shop is rated 2.67 based on 3 reviews