Optical Express Reviews

53% of reviewers recommend Optical Express

0800 023 20 20

customerfeedback@opticalexpress.com

How would you rate Optical Express?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

"Disgrace this company should not hold a license to sell eye care to the general public , my glasses not 2 months old fell apart and optical express refuse to repair, they said they can if I pay , I of course refuse to do so both on Trading Standards rules and regulations and the manufacturers gaurunteee. They even took my glasses back , said they would look into it as I refused to pay for repair , then they call me twice say they are ready , when I go back today 26 January 2018 at 19:00 the shop assistant was shocked when she opened the box as there were my broken glasses The manage then took over and tried to blame me for breaking this glasses , why would I do that , he said he could repair but I need pay , he also admitted that the glasss had not been sent back anywhere for testing This is a disgrace they have had them many week and I am forced to wear reading glasses damaging my eyes further This company should be struck off from optical care they should not be trading they have no customer care and are an unethical company I will now seek compensation for my glasses , my many visits , the inconvenience and damage that this company is now causing me Please do not us this company unless your ready for a legal fight which I am to receive compensation I will also report to Trading Standards and I urge everyone that had a complaint to do the same No more thane Thieves , the only difference between Turpin and optical express staff is That Turpin wore a mask when robbing you"
"I had an appointment on Saturday morning at the Kirkintilloch branch of Optical Express, for 10.45am. The agent that took my booking was called Kimberley. On arrival, Kimberley claimed to have no knowledge of my booking and suggested I had the wrong Company. She checked on her PC and found my booking but it was at 11 a.m. She said they were running at least an hour late and could I return in one hour? Of course this was unsuitable to me and cancelled the appointment. Would it not have been better customer service for Optical Express to phone forward and warn their customers of the delays? I think it was a poor service and doesn't warrant my custom."
Janet Jamieson
Verified Reviewer
"I have just recently undergone natural lens replacement at the Newcastle branch. I can honestly say the experience was made to be very relaxing and calming due to the staff and attention I received they were all very friendly and professional. I am now three days post surgery and my results are fantastic my sight is excellent. I am one very happy customer. Massive thank you to all the staff in Newcastle."
"I was told I had to pay up front before seeing the surgeon for laser surgery over £4500 . I was deemed unsuitable for surgery. Have been waiting 2months for my refund. Have been promised on three separate occasions but still waiting"
"My wife visited York today and unfortunately had a fall in which her glasses were twisted and bent. They would not stay on her face and fell off whenever she moved her head. She found herself opposite a branch of Optical Express (sorry we don't know which it was) and went in and spoke to a young man called Craig who listened to her story and then fixed her glasses perfectly. This was despite the fact that a) she is not a York resident (and will therefore not be a future customer) and b) the glasses were not made by Optical Express. The level of service shown by Craig at the York store makes it much more likely that we will be customers here at home when we next need optical care."
Alan Orme
"I requested my £500 deposit back from them, in their contract they say it takes up to 28 working days. We are now a year later & still no refund! I have now received a COUNTY COURT JUGMENT AGAINST THEM so lets see what happens now. DO NOT PAY THEM ANYTHING UNLESS YOUR 100% ABOUT THE TREATMENT. Look on other sites I'm not the only one they have done it to."
"C.Campbell, Heather and the Team at Optical Express, Cumbernauld, provided sound advice and honest feedback regarding frames and lenses. Their conduct was professional, personable and light hearted, and there was clearly a positive rapport with other customers in the store. Happy to recommend."
Anna Brookes
Verified Reviewer
"Having had my eye-test with Boots whom unfortunately did not have a wide enough range for me to choose frames from, I tried Optical Express. I was not harassed or pushed into unsuitable higher priced frames but given sufficient guidance for me to make my selection (helpful when you have a long narrow face) whilst also being walked through process of order and next steps. In addition, I was offered a fantastic package for two frames and insurance which made total sense and excellent savings. MERRY HILL, DUDLEY, WEST MIDLANDS - Praise for the excellent service to the very recently appointed Advisor - Amelia Gordon and Assistant Store Manager - Lorna. Extremely receptive, polite and attentive to customer needs. Thank you."
"We decided the day after visiting the Laser eye clinic in Plymouth no to have the procedure. They say when they are selling you the deal that your deposit will be refunded but not before 30 days but soon there after. Lots of calls later and 4 months later & we are still waiting!! They just fob you off time and time again !"
"I found the staff offered the right amount of help when I needed it with out feeling pressurised ,and helped me decide which frames suited me the best,a chap named Lewis gave me a great deal of advice. Would certainly go again,"
"A warm friendly greeting not pushy,a young assistant named Lewis was extremely helpful ,found his knowledge on the suitability of frames excellent,"
Mrs J Rodgers
Unverified Reviewer
"I came in to make an enquiry and found it to be a very welcoming friendly store one young man called lewis was very kind and helpful"
"Its a really nice welcoming store from the minute you walk in the staff are really nice especially a young man called Lewis."
"Very friendly customer service,the optical assistant who was called Lewis was brilliant, would definitely come again."
"They glossed over the negatives of lens replacement. I now need YAG capsulotomy and hoped for at least a reduction in the charge as a past patient but no! £50 for a consultancy and £495 per eye for the relatively simple treatment."
Liam
"Great job and good customer service"
"Everything!!! Most incompetent company with none existing customer care. All I get is lies, lies and lies!!!"
"Everything... not getting lences because I could not book any appointment as I was told no appointment available... when I complaint all of the sudden a "magic" appointment appeared... in the past I had to wait extra tree week for my glasses to be ready because they went to wrong department... no I left without any means to see fr a week despite promises that I'll get the lenses from the shops right after the test... I cannot drive for a week, which means I cannot work for a week - it is £500 loss in manetory value alone... I heated the lies that somebody was trying to contact me (I can provide both my land line and mobile phone to prove that no such message was left, no e-mails was send either). However I was actively trying to book appointment for some time - however was simply left without any lenses without possibility to have an appointment when it was needed... so all I get from this company is lies, lies and only lies!!!!"
James Mckness
Verified Reviewer
"The staff always seem more knowledgeable than other high street opticians."
"Very efficient service. Explained the various lens options. Loads of frames to choose from. Been going there for several years now."
Optical Express is rated 3.20 based on 30 reviews