Optical Express Reviews

Optical Express have a Customer Happiness Grade of B-. Customers love their prices and customer service but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

97% of reviewers recommend Optical Express
01AM
1AM

0800 023 20 20

customerfeedback@opticalexpress.com

How would you rate Optical Express ?

"I had lense replacement eye surgery on the 18th August at Manchester, Saint John Street, this company is super professional, I was incredibly nervous but had no need to be, everybody that works there are so tuned into their job, I am delighted with the results, the best investment of cash I have ever spent, all my friends are asking about how it was, the staff were brilliant. Highly recommended, this company is the real deal"
"Had lens replacement in April of this year the surgery went fine but I was left with very poor distance vision. I was told I had to wait 3 months before I could have laser enhancement done. As I do a lot of driving in my work it was extremely important for me to have this done ASAP. I finally got an enhancement appointment where I was told I would have to wear contact lenses for one week prior to laser to see what my vision would be after laser. I was told my contact lenses would be 2 to 3 days longest in coming and that I could have my lenses in and taken out prior to my holiday on 27th August. I have heard nothing back from the lakeside branch despite constantly ringing and going through to call centre being told someone will call you back today. I am beginning to regret the over 6000.00 it cost me to be left with very poor vision and no idea when I will finally get the laser correction"
"Very good costumer service. Very friendly."
"I have regular contact lenses appointments and eye tests at the OE clinic in Hull and staff is always very professional, friendly and helpful. Only downside is that the clinic is not open on Saturdays, but can live with it."
"I visited Optical Express in Nottingham as my glasses lens had become detached due to a loose screw. Abbie served me and was most helpful and sorted out the problem in a few minutes without charging me for this service. A rare thing this day and age."
"It allowed me to select my left and right eye requirements, however, when I went to checkout only my left eye box was in there. I went back numerous times to try and again and the same thing kept happening. In the end I bought two left eye boxes with different prescriptions"
"Took my mother to get glasses today, we were very fortunate to get a Staff member Jillian Kilmarnock Branch who was fantastic throughout the whole sale. My mum is very pleased with her new glasses and i am very impressed with the quality customer care she received today from Jillian"
"Used Kilmarnock branch a very warm friendly greeting and professional and very helpful member of staff Jillian. Jillian assisted in all aspects able to answer questions and give helpful opinions from start to finish i ordered 3 pair of glasses and would like to say Jillian is an asset to the company."
"Good customer service, friendly , really nice staff especially Gary visited Barnsley branch south yorkshire"
"P aid £42 pounds (I have the receipt) . Then I received an email confirming that I had payed £30 thanking me for my custom! purchasing 2 boxes of lenses, 5 lenses in each box. ( on my computer) Been with Optical Express in Newcastle upon Tyne for more than 15years, very disappointed!"
"debby from optical express at the gyle was very helpful and fitted nose pads to glasses .excellent and friendly professional service."
"I phoned up with a very red eye that has been going on for a week, Optical express made me an appointment for the next day. I was served by Liam who put me at ease straight away, Liam listened to me and answered my questions, and advised further help on my contact lenses with looking after them. Chandi who checked my eyes was professional and approachable who set my mind at ease that I had not caused any damage to my eye. I have been going to Optical Express in Crawley for many years, sometimes I have not been happy with the people who have served me, but today I had a profession and good experience."
"These people are terrible This is the letter I had to send to my credit card company OPTICAL EXPRESS EXETER Dear Sirs The reason I have asked you to help with this dispute is because this company seems to be the most dishonest people I have ever had to deal with. They have now told me the matter is closed and won't answer my calls. I feel I have done everything I can and it is now nine months later with no resolution. I did speak with your disputes team and informed them back in May. I had a consultation with Optical Express in February and decided that I would like to go to the next stage in the process of having eye surgery. In order to do that, they asked me to pay a £500.00 deposit. They explained that it was fully refundable and pointed out that the T&C's stated that. I paid by card which had to be processed at another location and I agreed to that as long as I got a receipt. I have requested a receipt but they refuse to give me one. The T&C's state, and I quote. (If for any reason, following discussion with one of our Refractive Surgeons, you decide not to proceed with treatment, all monies paid by you will be refunded, excluding any Refractive Surgeon appointment fee.) After the free Refractive appointment in Bristol I decided that I wouldn't proceed and consequently asked for a refund. The response was that because I hadn't cancelled within 7 days I was not due a refund. I have been back and forth with emails and phone calls asking them to explain the reason for ignoring the contract that I signed and had a copy of, but they refuse to acknowledge it, instead emailing me new ones which now say something different. They offered me a voucher to the value of £500.00 but I have lost any respect I originally had for them and wouldn't want to go back to them for anything. I have asked numerous times for a copy of the contract that I signed but they just ignore my request and keep saying I have the wrong version. They finally asked me to go to the store with my copy of the T&C'S so the personnel there could copy them and send to the customer services in Glasgow, after another long wait I had a very long badly written email saying sorry the matter is closed, which was surprising because the staff at the store had indicated that it would be all sorted and I would receive my refund. I still have not had a satisfactory explanation as to why they won't honour their contract with me. They must do this a lot, I have found subsequently lots of complaints about them and even Radio 4's consumer program warned about their tactics reporting the exact same problems. I have all the emails if you need I can forward on to you. I have enclosed printed copy of the T&C's I am happy for you to have the original if you need. I will also be seeking compensation from OP for the stress that this has caused me. I look forward to hearing from you Yours Sincerely C A Wheadon"
"Requested payment by credit card. Site asked for PayPal t’s and c’s to be approved although I selected NO to PayPal. Went through as PayPal payment despite not giving any PayPal details. I wait to see how the delivery goes."
"just got rwo pairs of glasses @optical express thistle centre,and it could not have been a better experience Jen ,the girl @front of shop,lorraine, the optician,and Sharon,the manageress, helpful, friendly, and efficient oh, and by the way ,the glasses are perfect"
"as soon as I had the consultation, I was given lots of paperwork to read through ( which I couldn't because of the eye drops.) I was then relieved of a deposit of £500.00. When I had read through all the paperwork the next day, I decided to cancel the treatment. When I rang to cancel, I asked about the £500.00 deposit and was told it could take up to 28 days to get the refund. Here we are 29 days later, and I haven't even had a phone call or an e-mail. I've just telephoned head office, who informed me that they cannot contact the people I need to speak to and they will ring me back within 48 HOURS. Definitely would not recommend optical express to anyone."
"Bad laser eye surgery experience, even when I went for the most expensive, customised option (iDesign) and the most experienced surgeon in London. The post-op care has been shirking responsibility as well so I feel very regretful of my entire experience and would highly recommend against going with them and going with a more personalised, boutique experience if possible and not a big chain."
"I was in the Cumbernauld branch today (Thursday 29th March) for an eye examination and I was absolutely delighted with the service I was given. From the young man who took my details, (I think his name was Lucas), to Jackie, who could not have been any more helpful, and also the lady optician, who unfortunately I don't know her name, but who was very helpful in explaining everything to me. A big thanks to the three people involved, and an extra thanks to Jackie for spending so much time and effort helping me with my prescription and choice of glasses. She is most certainly an asset to the company."
"They are friendly staff and my daughter been going there for years would recommend them"
"Friendly helpful service, the company takes the time to explain all the details involved. Recommended Company."
Optical Express is rated 4.76 based on 4,009 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!