Optical Express Reviews

0800 023 20 20

customerfeedback@opticalexpress.com

Tell us how Optical Express made you happy

Telephone
"Called in to the Newton Mearns branch yesterday as a leg had come off a pair of sunglasses and it was difficult to find the correct screw. The girl was so helpful and managed to replace the screw. My daughter is delighted. Excellent service and very pleasant manner"
Are you Optical Express? Reply to this positive review and show your potential customers that you care about the feedback Optical Express receives. Reply Free
"Just got new glasses for my son in the Carluke, South Lanarkshire shop. Staff exceptionally helpful, especiallyJane and this helped my son be more relaxed during his eye test and the picking of new glasses."
"First time ordering from Optical Express. Ordered contact lenses on the 07/11/18 only to be advised 2 days later after querying why order was unfulfilled that at the time of the order these were not in stock. Why wasn’t I told this at the time of ordering? Might be better off going back to original supplier as would receive these next day ."
"Very easy to navigate around the web page & very competitive pricing"
"Unfortunately I had an accident that left my glasses badly scratched. I took them into optical express in Derby and saw Ross. He was so helpful and pleasant and got on with the task of ordering replacement lenses. The lenses arrived very quickly and Ross was able to fit them perfectly. He made a rather unpleasant experience (the accident) much easier to cope with. Thanks Ross."
"Very calming atmosphere n lovely staff,I totally felt at ease with my cup of hot chocolate.my husband had his eye consult here in St Albans and the way he was treated by the lovely ladies made me decide to have my eyes done too. I’d totally recommend them to all who ask."
"Having worn glasses since I was a child (7 years old) I had toyed with the idea of surgery for a couple of years. I am very long sighted and have a pretty high prescription +7.5 for distance with an extra +1 for reading making my varifocal specs +8 for reading. I also had a history of a squint since childhood. I attended Optical Express store at Merry Hill and had the initial consultation with Carly and Sheena (the optomostrist) was told that I would not be suitable for laser surgery although could have Lens Replacement surgery. The cost was £6900.00. It was with some trepidation I decided to go forward with this - to be absolutely honest I felt pretty frightened about the whole thing. I requested to be referred to Manchester St Johns primarily because my sister in law had had successful surgery there a few years previously. I was therefore referred to consultant Mr Gonzalez at St Johns Manchester. I attended pre-surgery appointment and was given very thorough eye examination on high tech machinery. Mr Gonzalez suggested I do a trial of contact lens to see if I could adapt to Monovision. (One eye corrected to distance and the other to near vision) . If `I was able to adapt to Monovision then it was the best chance of making me completely glasses free, otherwise I would need to have correction for distance and accept the fact that I would need a weak pair of glasses for reading. Apparently because of my history of squint Monofocal lens implants were going to be best for me. What I didn’t realise at this time was that swimming is absolutely out of the question for a few weeks after surgery - Mr Gonzalez advised me under no circumstances should I even contemplate any risk of getting swimming pool water in my eyes until all Post Operative healing was complete. He was very firm about this - I already had a beach holiday booked and therefore had to cancel the surgery dates until after my holiday - this was all done without any problem. In the mean time the Merry Hill store fitted me with contact lens and I wore them for several days - it didn’t take me long to decide to opt for Monovision correction. Surgery days arrived (each eye a week apart) and I was absolutely terrified, but the staff at Saint Johns Manchester could not have been better. They really helped put me at ease, answered al, questions I had and at times helped alleviate nerves by making me laugh. The operation itself was totally painless and very quick (I was In Theatre around 15 - 20 minutes each eye) I am now several days Post Op having completed surgery for both eyes. I can’t begin to explain how it’s made me feel - the difference in my vision is absolutely astounding. Even though the healing process isn’t yet complete I can already do everything without specs - reading driving tv - my eyes adjust without any issues. After a lifetime of glasses it’s totally liberating. Words cannot express enough thanks to all those who helped me on this journey, Mr Gonzalez, Anasthetic Staff, Nurses, Admin Staff Etc at Saint Johns Manchester, and to both Carly (who just held everything together for me) and Sheena the optomostrist at Merry Hill Store of Optical Express. All of you played your part in doing something wonderful - you changed a persons life for the better. My Grateful thanks to all of you"
"I have never used Optical express before and thought I’d try them out. I booked in during a family visit to Belfast as they would be able to send the glasses to my local branch in Brighton. I had an eye test and needed a new prescription, so I ordered some Oakley frames and was told 5-7 working days and I’d get a call from the Brighton store. The girl who served me had tried to upgrade me to laser eye ( I told her my prescription was not that bad, and she actually agreed! worth a punt I suppose to upsell a service not needed) She tried hard to get me to spend up on frames, in the end I spent £239 on one pair. I paid by card and was told I didn’t need a receipt, she then disappeared sharpish to serve another customer and at that point it was a case of got your money, bye bye. So time passes and no calls, I tried the store to no avail, then 3 calls to Head office and was told I’d get a call at the end of the week, this never happened, and no one is willing to help. I’ve emailed Head office and the reply was simply “well will get back to you in 20 days” I’ve already been waiting 3 weeks. I’m disappointed that I have had to chase them, I’ve never had this experience with opticians, I have used independents along with the usual suspects, Specsavers, D&A etc and never had any issues. If you are looking around I don’t think the service is great and they are not great value for money, I’ve asked them for a refund as they have failed at their end to deliver my glasses or at least explain why I’ve not received them. I’m not holding out though for either. So I’m down £239 and need to go elsewhere for another test. I’ll stick to an independent from now on!"
"Unfortunately was not suitable for the laser treatment et cetera but the staff in Donegal place Belfast where so helpful. I can’t thank them enough for their patience when doing all my tests to see if I was suitable. If you’re considering getting this treatment and have doubts I would say make an appointment and get your eyes checked and hopefully you’ll be one of the lucky ones and can be treated. Many thanks William"
"Both Rahul and Rakhee were excellent is providing me with the correct glasses for near and long vision. The previous consultant provided glasses that had long vision only so were useless - the manager of the branch was useless too at White City - but thanks to Rahul and Rakhee spotting the error I now can see. Well done guys but you were let down by sloppy management including an uncaring regional manager. Would I use you again - yes but would want to only meet with Rahul and Rakhee."
"In my experience the OPTICAL EXPRESS clinical team are less than useless - in my experience downright danferous"
"I had lense replacement eye surgery on the 18th August at Manchester, Saint John Street, this company is super professional, I was incredibly nervous but had no need to be, everybody that works there are so tuned into their job, I am delighted with the results, the best investment of cash I have ever spent, all my friends are asking about how it was, the staff were brilliant. Highly recommended, this company is the real deal"
"Had lens replacement in April of this year the surgery went fine but I was left with very poor distance vision. I was told I had to wait 3 months before I could have laser enhancement done. As I do a lot of driving in my work it was extremely important for me to have this done ASAP. I finally got an enhancement appointment where I was told I would have to wear contact lenses for one week prior to laser to see what my vision would be after laser. I was told my contact lenses would be 2 to 3 days longest in coming and that I could have my lenses in and taken out prior to my holiday on 27th August. I have heard nothing back from the lakeside branch despite constantly ringing and going through to call centre being told someone will call you back today. I am beginning to regret the over 6000.00 it cost me to be left with very poor vision and no idea when I will finally get the laser correction"
"Very good costumer service. Very friendly."
"I have regular contact lenses appointments and eye tests at the OE clinic in Hull and staff is always very professional, friendly and helpful. Only downside is that the clinic is not open on Saturdays, but can live with it."
"I visited Optical Express in Nottingham as my glasses lens had become detached due to a loose screw. Abbie served me and was most helpful and sorted out the problem in a few minutes without charging me for this service. A rare thing this day and age."
"It allowed me to select my left and right eye requirements, however, when I went to checkout only my left eye box was in there. I went back numerous times to try and again and the same thing kept happening. In the end I bought two left eye boxes with different prescriptions"
"Took my mother to get glasses today, we were very fortunate to get a Staff member Jillian Kilmarnock Branch who was fantastic throughout the whole sale. My mum is very pleased with her new glasses and i am very impressed with the quality customer care she received today from Jillian"
"Used Kilmarnock branch a very warm friendly greeting and professional and very helpful member of staff Jillian. Jillian assisted in all aspects able to answer questions and give helpful opinions from start to finish i ordered 3 pair of glasses and would like to say Jillian is an asset to the company."
"Good customer service, friendly , really nice staff especially Gary visited Barnsley branch south yorkshire"
Optical Express is rated 4.76 based on 4,020 reviews