One Call Rescue Reviews

of reviewers recommend One Call Rescue
Telephone, Live Chat
Read One Call Rescue Reviews

Tell us how One Call Rescue made you happy
My husband was on a motorway slip road when he smelled burning from engine. On checking, he realised oil level was low. As miles from any garage he rang breakdown but was told this was not covered and chargeable. He decided to walk the half hour to nearest garage for oil. He filled the car and drove back home without a problem. Next day we drove car 6 miles when temp gauge started fluctuating with steam coming from bonnet. The oil level was normal but radiator had apparently developed a leak. Further problem occurred when after filling radiator with water the bonnet would not reopen. After abandoning car at roadside, we rang breakdown only to be told by a very rude, impolite assistant that it was our fault due to poor maintenance as we had called day before re oil, even though we hadnt used breakdown call out. Our car is regularly serviced and has never broken down before. This was an unconnected unforeseen second fault. He refused to arrange a tow truck but was willing to quote for one. What are we insured for?? We will never use this company again. They'll find any excuse to wriggle their way out of paying out for the breakdown service you're entitled to. We now have to arrange a tow truck independently.
we have gold cover. we called them out as the car wouldn't start after dropping my son off at school. They sent out a sub contractor(not a mobile mechanic), who started the car and advised us it just needed a good run as it had been sitting idle over Christmas with only a couple of short runs in between. we gave it a 40 minute run on the bypass. during the afternoon school run the same thing happened. onecall refused to come out. they said that as this was a recurring fault they would not provide any service. when we asked how they determined it was a recurring issue the said as we stated "the car wont start" on both call outs this would be classed as a recurring issue. when speaking to customer service the confirmed that they had not received any report from the contractor used and that the call centre operator had no mechanical training and the decision was based entirely on our statement " the car wont start" my pensioner mother with chronic arthritis and 8 year old son where left stranded longer than necessary at the roadside during storm Brendan. when i had recovered the car, the garage replaced the 18 month old battery under warranty
From start to finish my claim has been a nightmare. I will never use or recommend again. You have to do all the work yourself and don't expect a callback and long waits on the phone as they are under staffed.
Be very careful. I suffered headlight failure. Called these people for roadside assistance as its included in my car insurance policy. They refused; they don't even carry spare light bulbs. They will try to start your car if it's failed but that seems to be all that's available. They will offer to tow you but in the case of the basic cover will charge you a £20 fee + £3 a mile for each mile over 10 miles. Shunted from One Call Insurance to One Call Breakdown when I sought clarification by phone and Livechat. Not worth even one star to me and my family. Strongly suggest you look elsewhere.
Absolutely appalling was told call out would be 60-90 mins. Three and a half hours later I was still waiting and was told it would be another hour. I luckily had my 95 year old father picked up after an hour as it was getting dark and cold. I ended up cancelling the call out when I was told it would be another hour and will deal with it tomorrow . You are not worth one star. This is meant to be free call out with insurance but it is not as you have to pay £20 before they will even process it and then they tell you about the extras you might incur .
Do not use this company - woeful customer service. Spoke to individual named Stuart who was very patronising, and their other colleague did not explain certain items about the policy which means that I am now stuck in the cold without recovery. Thanks One Call - I won't be recommending you.
Disgusting customer service. Lone woman in the middle of nowhere 2 am in the morning. Been told they want 20 pounds up front can’t take the car to a garage as it is closed, won’t leave it outside of garage because they can’t. £3 a mile to get recovered to my home address as no garrage and earliest they can recover me is 6.30 am. If I feel I am in danger call 111.
this is not a breakdown service!!before they will recover you they want £20 up front and that's if you have 10 miles or less to your destination or garage; it's £3 per mile after that extra!!!!FFS!!!Imagine if you had to travel just 40miles home....it would cost an incredible £110 UPFRONT PAYMENT!!!! i told the female adviser that i had left my mobile at home and was using my partner's mobile and make sure she passes my partner's mobile details to the recovery agent. did she? NO! idiot, caused lots of unnecessary stress.
Complete joke broken down told the block wear I was sorry don't no wear that is so sat waiting for a hour for a mate to come and fix my car I pay for the best braek down cover for nothing may as wel burn my money because thats how I fel going to cancel this crape avid if you can as it seem to a big joke
Waste of time, seems everywhere is unsafe to recover you from leaving you to ring 101 for assistance and receiving a £150 call out fee from the breakdown company organised by the police. If I wasn't cancelling my insurance with these people, I would plan all future trips in order for me to avoid dual carriageways!!
Priority was to take my money. I was travelling in an unfamiliar area with my daughter, clearly told that would not increase my priority. I was told I could be taken to the nearest garage but they would not tell me where that was or how far away, I had minimal signal and didn’t know the area, was told that unless I could name the nearest garage they couldn’t help, I have never experienced that with a breakdown service. Eventually agreed to be taken 50 miles home for a large sum of money, picked up 90 minutes later, taken halfway and left in pouring rain in the dark to wait 20 minutes for another recovery vehicle. I will never use this service again
Apparently if you are a single female and heavily pregnant you are not classed as being at risk so my minimum wait is at least 90 mins. I would not recommend this service as the call handlers are complete ignorant to how vulnerable you are! I will never use this service again!
Broke down 160 miles from home. We were told on the phone that they could only take us 20 miles, until we said that we had a dog and then were told that we could not be rescued at all. We have the highest rescue package available - Gold! What are we meant to do, post the dog?
It took a while for my call to be answered. I was a female in a very rural area. I was told that you could not find anyone within 2 hours to assist me. I was told that I had to contact the police on 101 to seek assistance as the breakdown truck may need to close the lane in order to park his truck and assist in recovery. The first priority was for you to take a further payment from me before you took any details of where I was. Your service is discusting I am moving to a better service.
This was by far the worse customer service i have ever encounted so unhelpful kept passing the buck my enquiry was not dealt with and the same thing happened with the break down service. i have only had the insurance for 2 weeks and this doesn't look good going forward i will probably cancel my policy.
One Call Rescue is rated 4.50 based on 163 reviews