O2 Reviews

20% of reviewers recommend O2

Tell us how O2 made you happy

Live Chat, Telephone, Email
Over a week
"Totally unhelpful customer service and data speeds that would be embarrassing pre-millennium. You know something is wrong when you have to tether to another network's phone to use data. I cannot wait to be out of commitment with this disgusting excuse for a phone network, surprised they can call themselves that and not be punished by Trading Standards."
"rather strange things happening...and they happened to me a number of times, the worst part about it it happened twice while I was pregnant and out of the house. Had 1.50 on credit, went to the midwife, my husband left me and went to do some stuff elsewhere. I was just suppose to give him a signal when I am done. Got out, tried to ring him- my balance was 00.0??? Had to walk around to find a shop, to top up, only then I managed to ring him back. 15 min after I topped up, the missing 1.50 was back on my balance...? Same thing occurred twice more, every time when my credit was running low...as if they were forcing me to top up. On top of that it always happened in the wrong time. And in both other occasions the missing money magically appeared as soon as I had topped up. After making a official complain to O2 and opening a case, they did confirm that the money had gone missing and than had gone back to me because....one of my app was doing it .....LOL So than how come money had never disappear of my credit when it was not low. Even more funny was the fact that they did admit that my data was not even On at the time this happened ....lying scum is what they are, and I have been with them nearly 5 years...and the amounth of money I have spend on vouchers.... DO NOT USE THEM"
"Awful company no empathy with its customers what do ever !"
"After years of being a loyal 02 customer. I have ended my contract. Due to the unacceptable and terrible customer service experience from the complaints team I have experienced from a very rude and abrupt member of staff . would not recommend this company to anyone and I will tell all my friends and family to avoid this company"
"Joke of a company if you had any sense you would use somebody else"
"So disappointed with this excuse for a mobile phone company! After 10 months of a sim only plan with no problems I decided to get a phone through them. I have now spoken to their rude and unhelpful customer service and “complaints review” people 10 times and still no help from them!"
"Generally same thing every month, 02 send me a text to say my bill is due then quote an old unlisted not saved card to pay it despite an alternative card being registered to my account. I then try to log in to my account but can never get my security question accepted. Message customer service get through security using apparently wrong word, though I know its correct. Customer service have to set up something for me to pay. Every bloody month for the past 3 years. I'll be glad when my contract ends."
"The Network/Operator 02 Needs to realise whom & what theyre Paying customers mean to them!. No Customers,No Payments,No Jobs!....02 SORT IT OUT."
"I recently upgraded my phone online to a iPhone xs (or so I thought). That evening after logging into my 02 account I find I have 2 separate telephone numbers my own and a new one. I then realised that I hadn't upgraded but set up new contract under the same account. I tried their online chat service which was of no use despite it being advertised as best point of contact.In fact the screen shots of online chat can only be described as comedy gold and provided much entertainment to colleagues and friends. I then telephoned and was advised after insisting I wanted to cancel all my contracts with o2 that I would be offered a deal, considering how helpful the person was I agreed. I was advided all I had to do is reject the delivery of the new phone with the courier as well as upgrade which would mean another phone would be sent out (the same make) which I would accept. This all meant I would have the new contract cancelled and have an upgraded phone on my current contract. (confused? I was) With o2 it isn't that simple the courier DHL advised me I can't reject a delivery and o2 does this all the time. I had to arrange redelivery through the post office at my own expense as their free delivery does not cover the phone if its lost. Lets be honest 02 track record strong possibility of something going wrong. So I was advised wrong I have emailed DHL asking for clarification it seems like 02 adviser give the wrong information. I have now telephoned to cancel my upgrade. As soon as both phones have been returned I will cancel any dealings with 02 after 11 years and shop around providers. I have also advised family and friends to do similar. I had a previous issue whereby I tried to pay of a device with 02 on the telephone only for my payment of approx 700 pound to go towards my airtime plan!!!!! Go figure why would I pay 700 pound in advance for airtime plan. That was just two of many dramas with o2. I may be small fries to them but every penny counts other providers are offering better deals and similar..."
"Recently been scammed by Remote Games on my O2 bill and when contacted O2 initially, I have asked for a a bar be put on my account to avoid any further fraudulent billing. Had to call them again 3 days later as received a text to say I have had a premium service charges to my account so had to ring them again to be told that a bar wasn’t put on at all. Complaint set up and was promised that a member of the Complaints team was going to call within 24 hours and this did not happen as well. As I was out of the country for a few weeks I then have to email the complaints review team. They then accused me of signing up for the subscription service by entering my details and agreeing to the fraudsters T&C indirectly calling me a liar and did not provide any explanations on why they have failed to follow a few requests which they have promised me during my calls with them and their false advertising where they have 2 step verification system for their charge to mobile services and by working with a well known scammer when they promise in their website that they only work with trusted sellers. I have now got the Ombudsman involved. Please do not let allow this company to push all responsibility to you and ensure that you ask for a deadlock letter to get the ombudsman to investigate them."
"Just got 2 months line rental paid by O2 for as compensation for yesterdays let down call O2 now and get your compensation."
"Terrible call with customer services. Called up about a £100+ bill month on month to be hung up on when challeged why they tried quoting me (a non business customer) prices net of VAT. I then called back and spoke with a manager who told me nothing could be done to reduce the package and that they had setup a finance agreement in my name. Considdering its my wifes phone it is what it is but nobody has ever had confirmation from me directly which is therefore illegal to setup finance agreements in an individuals name without consent. Then told they will not reduce the 50GB package even considdering my wife has only used 6GB in total over the last 5 months In last month alone she used 327MB which is 0.6% of her allowance, they are still unwilling to alter the tarrif. This is an absolute disgrace! Terrible customer service and extreemy poor customer care. Also the fact that they are unwilling to reduce the package that is clearly well over what is needed is a joke!!! AVOID 02 at all costs!!!! 3 hours............ And they have cut off the account!! Back on the phone now to this terrible company!!!! Now 41 minutes into a call and they have informed me the complaints department have infoirmed it is physically impossible to reduce a tarrif as they system doesnt allow it!!!!!! This is is a complete lie!!! Now 52 minutes into the call and i have been told that it is not possible to get the bar lifted and that the best bet is i just call back on monday!!!!!!! What the actual F***!!!????!!! This is my wifes phone and we have recently had a baby 7 weeks ago and have three other children. 02 are quite happy to cut off my wife and leave her without a phone incase of emergency for the entire weekend. Not only does this business act fraudulently, lie and hang up on customers, they now have no care for safety of 4 children."
"Shocking so called company. It was time for my upgrade which took me about 3 hours to do online after 02 basically tried to get me to pay twice as much as I was already paying each month. I eventually got a deal but felt a bit unsure, the phone cost me £100 upfront but by the time the phone had been delivered I found out they were stitching me up so I took a deal elsewhere and used my 14 day cooling off period to cancel the deal. I sent the phone back immediately by registered post and the phone arrived the next day. I am now still 3 weeks later waiting for my £100 upfront cost to be refunded. Quick enough to take my money but im still waiting 3 weeks later to get it back, quite disgusting."
"My daughter is a customer with o2 and inadvertedly exceeded her allowance for calls. She was given no warning of this but received a bill for £100 for a weeks' calls ( 50p for 3 second call, £8.00 for a 15 min call) she is given an alert if her data is exceeded, but not, it seems, phone calls. This is an unscrupulous and cynical money making scheme, but I doubt anyone feels any shame for causing financial hardship. She will be leaving this appalling company as soon as she is able to."
"Bad customer service I was trying to reduce my tariff Totally unhelpful!!!!!"
"I have to agree with the other reviews for some reason 02 have decided to follow in the footsteps of BT they have there sky high football right, 02 I have no idea why they are ripping there customers off but they are in over there heads paying for something or have just decided to be very greddy. This 3 year contract for the same price as what a 2 year contract used to be is just bizarre,They used to be a decent company to change over to if you wanted to keep 3 network honest but now even Carphone Warehouse struggle to make 02 competitive with just the other networks."
"After years with 02 I decided to change networks as they are very expensive. For over 2 weeks now my phone is still blocked to the 02 network so ive had no phone for work or mobile banking. They keep fobbing me of with blatant lies. They now tell me it will be another 7 days before they can send me a code to unblock my phone. Please do not use 02 they are the worst company I have ever dealt with."
"I and my family once had 7 monthly o2 contacts. When I upgraded o2 made an error (later accepted by their complaints review service - which by the way failed to even apologise!). This error resulted in continuous threats of court action and debt recovery agencies..... customer service was shocking to say the least and this took 6 months for o2 to admit fault and sole responsibility. Unsurprisingly, my family no longer have any business with O2..... However..... be advised that when you leave o2 they lock you out of your online account prior to the final bill being generated. Consequently, you have no idea how much is due to be refunded and the matter could be easily overlooked.... Be advised that the customer must APPLY in order to get a refund from o2. A deceitful policy and a procedure that clearly benefits o2 to the detriment of it's customers when accounts are closed. If you closed an o2 account you may want to check how much you are owed...... Appaulling customer service."
"I am with o2 since 2010 and coz of unpaid bill of £30 they disconnect my phone without a msg or email. This is what you get for being loyal. One thing is for sure, the moment my contract ends with o2 i am switching to some other network provider."
"Shocking customer service. Expected call backs never happened. Promises to get phone issues sorted but 3 weeks have passed and still nothing. Customer service assistants who are rude and unhelpful. Unable to pass security as I did not know current balance. Awful service. Would never go with them again and wouldn’t advise anyone to use them. Hours of my life wasted talking to people who say Hi I am here to make you smile and then can’t actually help!! Awful just awful."
O2 is rated 1.97 based on 244 reviews