Newman & Bright Reviews

of reviewers recommend Newman & Bright
Read Newman & Bright Reviews

About Newman & Bright:

Newman & Bright are bespoke sofa manufacturers based in Worsley, Manchester. They specialise in handmade Chesterfield sofas and have built up a large collection of in-house products.

Newman & Bright 5 star review on 6th November 2020
Judith Duxbury
Newman & Bright 5 star review on 2nd July 2017
Linda Watts
Ivy Wroe
Thank you for all your efforts to source materials for my bespoke sofa. It’s a beautiful piece of furniture and we really appreciate the time you spent ensuring all was as we wanted. We would always recommend Newman & Bright, especially if you want something special!!
Newman & Bright 5 star review on 6th November 2020
Korie Bluege
We purchased the Gatsby 2.5 seater and 2 chairs.
It is absolutely gorgeous and comfortable ! We are so happy with the colours, style and the exquisite quality. The workmanship is impeccable.
It was truly a pleasure working with Sam to make this “daring” purchase from across the ocean. His professionalism instilled confidence with every interaction and communication.
It took us 2 years to finally decide to make this purchase but now that I am sitting here admiring the pieces, I can truly say it was well worth the wait.
Newman & Bright 5 star review on 23rd October 2020
Sandy Sieminski
My new sofa looks lovely. It is incredibly comfortable and well made. Guests have all praised the design and wow factor of this Gatsby sofa. Customer service provided by Sam was excellent.
Newman & Bright 5 star review on 20th September 2020
Joyce Wilson
Excellent from start to finish.
Sam so helpful.Sent more samples than requested and sofa exceeds expectations...simply beautiful!
Highly recommend N&B for quality bespoke seating.
Newman & Bright 5 star review on 26th July 2020
Judith Duxbury
Our sofa arrived today and we absolutely love it! It's exactly what we wanted and looks perfect - it's beautifully crafted, a fantastic example of a quality "made in England" sofa. Rafi and his team were all so incredibly helpful and accommodating from when we first arrived for a browse in the showroom to getting our sofa (and afterwards when we decided we wanted the feet changing!) - we were customers who definitely knew EXACTLY what we wanted and Rafi and his colleagues managed to make our vision a reality, so thank you very much. We would highly recommend Newman and Bright.
Selena
Asked Newman & Bright to make us a totally bespoke sofa for our wedding - wanted a beautiful white Chesterfield sofa for the family photos. What they created was stunning! They even had the forethought to have special white feet made to take to the sofa to the next level! The wedding photos look amazing, I am so happy that N&B made my day extra special! Extra thanks to Rafi for his excellent advice and the driver Tony of Rand Removals for his prompt and efficient delivery!
Best Regards,
Linda Watts
We purchased a Castleford Corner Suite and armchair in white leather with brass studs and are very happy with the finished product which was made to our specific requirements to a very good standard - therefore I would recommend Newman & Bright (Rafi) as very professional and have no hesitation in saying you wouldn't go wrong in buying from them.

Linda
Newman & Bright 5 star review on 2nd July 2017
David Went
After spending a long time researching the best place to buy chesterfield sofas I decided to use Newman & Bright.

This was based on the quality of the website, build quality, excellent choice in finishes, bespoke sizes and they had a show room in London.

Rafi was very helpful and I was able to get various samples and pictures to ensure we could choose exactly what we wanted.

Highly Recommended.
Newman & Bright 5 star review on 10th May 2017
Morag Hoyland
Lovely quality well made comfy greet value
Newman & Bright 5 star review on 15th February 2017
Peter Culbertson
I have just taken delivery of a Gatsby 2.5 seater sofa and 2 chairs in Shelly Castagna with Shelly Ivory piping and I am so pleased with them.
When I went to the showroom I saw one in red that looked stunning and was very tempted by the colour but I am delighted I stayed with my original choice as they are what I imagined them to look like before I went searching an Art Deco suite.
Another concern I had upon ordering was the chairs because of their generous size but they fit well where I planned to place them in the room, in fact I think they add to the feel of the room giving it a more intimate and cozy feel.
Finally may I thank the team at Newman and Bright. The sales staff were informative and helpful. The craftsmen have done a great job. The delivery was prompt and efficient.
Overall it was a pleasure to do business with a company I would recommend to everyone
Newman & Bright 5 star review on 2nd December 2016 Newman & Bright 5 star review on 2nd December 2016 Newman & Bright 5 star review on 2nd December 2016 Newman & Bright 5 star review on 2nd December 2016
Yvonne Rolfe
Excellent customer service from start to finish that not only met, but exceeded expectations, always polite and calls or emails responded to almost immediately - sofas are fantastic, great value and we even had some dining chairs covered to match, we are thrilled with them and they are even better than we had hoped for - nothing was too much trouble and the delivery company was brilliant too - have been receiving lots of compliments and would thoroughly recommend Newman and Bright to anyone and everyone!
Newman & Bright 5 star review on 22nd August 2016
Mr Lorek
Needing two chairs for a store in Germany we ordered them from N&B. Got them made with all the details and beautiful leather as promised. No faults just best work, perfectly finished. We can recommend N&B, and we are sure it was not the last order we will place with N&B. Very happy. Many Thanks.
Newman & Bright 5 star review on 28th July 2016
Mr Waite
We are very pleased with our new chair and sofas fantastic choice of leather, punctual delivery.
Newman & Bright 5 star review on 16th July 2016 Newman & Bright 5 star review on 16th July 2016 Newman & Bright 5 star review on 16th July 2016 Newman & Bright 5 star review on 16th July 2016
Mr De Staebelaere
We are completely satisfied with the Balmoral sofas, the Blenheim chair and footstool. They are fantastic. The quality is really as we expected. We asked some amendments and everything was made as we wanted. After visiting some other factories we prefer this company because of their professionalism. The whole process of ordering, production, transport and delivery in Belgium went very good. We will strongly recommend this company. Thank you Rafi, Sam and the whole team!

Geert, Belgium
Newman & Bright 5 star review on 8th July 2016
Fallon Tanentzap
We purchased the Melbourne Sofa and Blenheim Chesterfield Chair. Both look absolutely amazing and stunning. Love the feel and quality of the leather and craftsmanship. A real show stopper! The quality and level of attention to detail is 5 star!! I would recommend Newman & Bright to anyone.
Newman & Bright 5 star review on 21st May 2016
Mrs Cartwright
All I can say is Fantastic! Very pleased with my couches ,beautiful workmanship, excellent delivery service, the couches arrived on time, smoothly placed in site. Would highly recommend you and would definitely buy from you again!
A very big THANK YOU from a very satisfied customer!

Barbara Cartwright.
Newman & Bright 5 star review on 4th May 2016
Mr Pemberton
Very substantial and well-made sofas that look the part. The sofas were delivered after 11 weeks of placing the order and the delivery process was straightforward.
Newman & Bright 4 star review on 20th April 2016
Mr Timms
A very high quality suite manufactured exactly to our needs. We were pleased to have our requirements fully met and the help and support given to us by staff at Newman and Bright helped us greatly.
Newman & Bright 5 star review on 19th April 2016 Newman & Bright 5 star review on 19th April 2016
Mrs Buck
We have had excellent ,courteous service from Newman and Bright and our 2 beautifully made Chesterfields are such amazing quality . Absolutely delighted .
Newman & Bright 5 star review on 19th April 2016
Mr Igoe
After 2 months of searching for a new suite for the house, it took us 30 minutes to decided on the suite/colour and the fact that we wanted to buy from Newman & Bright.
We were so impressed with the quality of the product and great service we received.
I would have no hesitation in recommending Rafi and his team.
Mrs Sheikh
Hi love my sofas! The staff were very helpful at the showroom and Rafi was also a great help in deciding what to go for. The sofas are great quality and you can customise them to your own style and taste. Highly recommended company to deal with.
Newman & Bright 5 star review on 19th April 2016
Mr Almond
Excellent service and product staff so helpfull
Newman & Bright 5 star review on 24th March 2016 Newman & Bright 5 star review on 24th March 2016
Mr Peel
The sofa is beautiful and suits our front room really well - extremely pleased. I have seen similar at about £500 more in John Lewis, so very good value for money IMHO. I liked the way that you could get cloth samples from Newman's supplier. I had some difficulty getting through to the slaes team on the phone on occasions but nothing too dramatic - it is clearly a family concern but don't mistake this a lack of craft nor concern. On the whole I am very pleased and would recommend.
Newman & Bright 5 star review on 9th January 2016 Newman & Bright 5 star review on 9th January 2016
Miss Wilson
Everything about this company is totally professional, from the service, delivery and product. I visited the shop as I was particularly interested in the Art Deco sofas and wanted to see/try before I bought them. The lady in the shop was very helpful and arranged for all my swatches to be delivered by next post. Once the decision was made, it took a quick call to make my order and discuss the choices with Rafi. The sofas were then delivered to Cumbria in circa 6 weeks from order placement. The delivery men were very helpful and friendly, and brought them into my home without any fuss and unwrapped them and removed the packaging. Although the weight of the sofas tested their strength!!!

My sofas are absolutely fantastic! I cannot stop talking about them! There is no way these babies are moving, They are such a solid, comfortable, handsome sofa, which I got in purple velvet with a seaspray edging. They are also very tactile, lovely to sit on and stroke! Have had compliments from everyone who has been in my home over Xmas. Would recommend Newman & Bright, Rafi and his team without any hesitation. Will definitely be visiting the web site and shop again in the future!!!
Newman & Bright 5 star review on 5th January 2016 Newman & Bright 5 star review on 5th January 2016 Newman & Bright 5 star review on 5th January 2016 Newman & Bright 5 star review on 5th January 2016
Mr Pilkington
Very helpful staff at the showroom who carefully explained the order process.
Call back from Manager to confirm EXACT order details
Delivered on time as promised

The fact that we could slightly modify one of the sofas was what first made us consider Newman & Bright.

The Sofas are great, the colours are exactly what we wanted and I cannot fault the workmanship.

Overall a really great shopping experience.
Dr Smith
Fantastic sofa, looks great, I have received many positive comments since delivery.

Rafi has been great from start to finish, no pressured sale, lots of useful advice, happy to discuss options (where modification to design and size could be done), and was very understanding when there were issues around when i could take delivery. I am looking to get a second sofa in the near future.

I would not go anywhere else, excellent service and quality product.
Newman & Bright 5 star review on 4th January 2016 Newman & Bright 5 star review on 4th January 2016
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your sofa, looking forward to speaking to you again soon to order your next sofa! Rafi
Newman & Bright is rated 4.87 based on 86 reviews