Newman & Bright Reviews

Read Newman & Bright Reviews

zevi@newmanandbright.co.uk

260 Manchester Road, Worsley

Tell us how Newman & Bright made you happy
We bought a 2 seater sofa, and 2 chairs. The service was excellent from start to finish. No pressure in showroom, just lots of good advice. Was ready when promised and delivery men were so good. They were very careful and helpful. The sofa is beautiful and comfortable. The leather feels thick and top quality. Can highly recommend Newman and Bright! M Booth, Manchester
Our company had been on the search for an art deco suite for our lobby for 5 years now. We finally found Newman and bright and we met the staff to discuss if they could cater to our specific needs. They were extremely helpful in advising us and helped us order a totally custom made Art Deco sofa. I am very grateful to them. I highly recommend Newman & Bright for all your sofa needs.
Only bought a couple of footstools but I loved the sofas I saw and will buy as soon as we need a new one. Cant wait!
Quality store, we saw the article in the Daily Telegraph about you and ordered a Castleford 3 Seater in a distressed buckskin. Every details is perfect, every stitch reminds me of how important it is to take handcrafted work. 6 weeks later I'm having trouble getting my husband off it! Well done, Regards, Nancy
Just bought my second Gatsby, still have my last one I bought from you guys 7 years ago and its in as good a shape as ever. Fantastic work as usual. Regards
The product is first class. High quality in every respect. As such, when something goes wrong, because this is probably a rare event, they have trouble reacting. I had a problem with the castors on a swivel chair, the base was replaced quickly and with no problem. The second base then had a similar problem with the castors and they requested I send the base back for assessment this I did. It took a long time, many phone calls and emails before the base was returned. In truth, I believe I was dealing with the technical people who often have little understanding of customers needs. When my problem came to the attention of the sales department, the reaction was instantaneous and the problem was solved. Whilst going through this protracted negotiation, I actually placed an order for a Chesterfield sofa such was my confidence in the product. I asked for a delivery by 23rd December latest and they did it on 22nd. just in time for Christmas. I come from a sales background and I know what technical people can be like at times so I was able to forgive them. The quality of the product is after all more important.
I am a returning customer and would NEVER go anywhere else for a sofa!! The quality is superb and cannot compare to other high street stores, I carry details for this company on me and always recommend them to anyone looking for a suite as I have now had 3 suites and years on they loo like new, leather is fantastic, framework is superb and you can choose what you like made to measure your own space. Best company ever and I hope to return in the future but for now I am extremely pleased with my latest large chocolate brown corner sofa and love chair. Thank you Rafi and your wonderful sofa maker!
More then happy, I took the old english leather instead of the original standard leather I was interested in and it was the best decision. Very good company and even better suite!
I told you that you would like the Old English better than the standard rub-off. Thanks for your custom, regards to your wife! R
Looked in showroom, fell in love with the 'Castleford' and ordered 2 x 4 seaters. They were ready within the six weeks quoted so we popped back to see them prior to despatch. Needn't have bothered, they were perfect ! Delivery guys were polite and very careful. All in all a very good experience !
Thank you Mrs Cap, a pleasure dealing with you both
Fabulous suite. Staff very helpful from ordering to delivery.
Thanks Karen, your Pink Zsara is still our favourite!
Great support and very help full
Jane, your opinion means a lot to us! Thanks for sharing.
We bought two sofas from your firm nine years ago, which were superb...and still are. Despite the distance between us (we are on the south coast), you provided an excellent service, from leather samples to size adjustments. We are delighted with our new suite and would recommend you to anyone.
Thanks for the review John, it has been a pleasure dealing with you over the years!
Beautiful sofa and on time delivery thanks
Very substantial and well-made sofas that look the part. The sofas were delivered after 11 weeks of placing the order and the delivery process was straightforward.
We ordered a leather bucket chair from Newman and Bright and are very happy with our purchase. It is very good quality, comfortable and looks good in our sitting room. My only quibble would be that communication from N&B could have been better - I was promised a call the week before delivery which never happened and then was called on the day before delivery - they agreed to leave the chair on our front porch if we weren't in but the delivery man didn't bother to check if we were here or not. We were in fact here all day and only discovered the chair when another delivery man arrived to deliver something else. Otherwise, all went smoothly.
Many thanks for your important feedback, I am so glad that the tub chair is to your liking. I am sorry for the issues surrounding the delivery, Christmas time is always a busy time for us and I can only apologise for the miscommunication. I will be in touch with the delivery company to investigate why your delivery did not go smoother.
Wishing you a great year ahead.
Rafi
Had our sofa for 2 years from start to finish and upon till this day there's more problems terrible service,quality and attitude from owner, I shopped around for 18 months to look for a good leather sofa,the worst thing I ever did I hate it
The quality of the stitching was completely shoddy and what I was told in store did not match reality.. pay remaining 50% on delivery. A confidence booster to get your money. Completely substandard craftsmanship.
We purchased 3 chesterfield sofas and the customer service during the purchase was excellent however when the sofas arrived one of the sofas had a small mark in the leather it is noticeable of you sit near the arm it is on so we ask for someone to look at it and they sent a company to look at it however we never heard anything after this even though we phoned and emailed. So our opinion of the Newman and Bright went from very good to very poor.
(Pictures attached). I needed a corner couch of specific sizing and the usual well-known furniture shops did have quite the right combination so I decided to look for a local place which could make custom sofas – pricey but was sure the premium would be worth it. I found Newmanandbright website, it looked convincing so I took the time to go their store and see some sofas. What was on display was excellent. I specified the needed sofa with Rafi, paid the 50% deposit (£1,492.50) and excitedly awaited delivery date. The service over the phone was appalling – he backed down when I asked Rafi to get his recording for us to listen. Anyway – paid the remaining 50% and sofa arrived. At this stage – the attitude I had experienced told me I really had no option but to live with the very substandard quality sofa that was delivered. It was no where near the great quality of what was on display at their place. I have recently ordered a new, similar sofa from well-known store at the cost of £2500 and I am getting rid of the Newmanandbright sofa (for free) having had to suffer looking at it for 18 months. Attitude was very bad (after I paid 50%) and quality of sofa I got. Shocking experience. On the plus side - I'll give the couch this much - its sturdy. The pictures you see are recent and exactly same state was when delivered 18 months ago..
Newman & Bright is rated 4.76 based on 79 reviews