Newman & Bright Reviews

60 Reviews
Ad You May Also Consider ? Adverts from our client network

Newman & Bright are bespoke sofa manufacturers based in Worsley, Manchester. They specialise in handmade Chesterfield sofas and have built up a large collection of in-house products.

How would you rate Newman & Bright?

Mr McGreavy
Verified Buyer

We purchased a leather sofa and was very pleased with the service, quality and workmanship of this company.
I would recommend them to anyone that requires top quality leather furniture.
Mr De Staebelaere
Verified Buyer

We are completely satisfied with the Balmoral sofas, the Blenheim chair and footstool. They are fantastic. The quality is really as we expected. We asked some amendments and everything was made as we wanted. After visiting some other factories we prefer this company because of their professionalism. The whole process of ordering, production, transport and delivery in Belgium went very good. We will strongly recommend this company. Thank you Rafi, Sam and the whole team!

Geert, Belgium
Mr Trevor
Verified Buyer

I was initially unsure about ordering our sofas over the internet, however we visited the showroom in Manchester and Rafi took us through everything, before we placed our order through the website. The sofas are excellent, great quality and we are really pleased with them. We've had lots of compliments - would recommend!!
Fallon Tanentzap
Verified Buyer

We purchased the Melbourne Sofa and Blenheim Chesterfield Chair. Both look absolutely amazing and stunning. Love the feel and quality of the leather and craftsmanship. A real show stopper! The quality and level of attention to detail is 5 star!! I would recommend Newman & Bright to anyone.
Mr Spatcher
Verified Buyer

The two sofas are well constructed and have an excellent finish. I'm sure that they will prove to be a good investment.

Mr Lowe
Verified Buyer

The sofas have arrived and are beautiful - exactly what we wanted. They are of high quality, and we were able to customise them to exactly what we were after. They were also excellent value for money.
Mrs Cartwright
Verified Buyer

All I can say is Fantastic! Very pleased with my couches ,beautiful workmanship, excellent delivery service, the couches arrived on time, smoothly placed in site. Would highly recommend you and would definitely buy from you again!
A very big THANK YOU from a very satisfied customer!

Barbara Cartwright.
Mr Pemberton
Verified Buyer

Very substantial and well-made sofas that look the part. The sofas were delivered after 11 weeks of placing the order and the delivery process was straightforward.
Mr Timms
Verified Buyer

A very high quality suite manufactured exactly to our needs. We were pleased to have our requirements fully met and the help and support given to us by staff at Newman and Bright helped us greatly.
Mrs Buck
Verified Buyer

We have had excellent ,courteous service from Newman and Bright and our 2 beautifully made Chesterfields are such amazing quality . Absolutely delighted .
Mr Igoe
Verified Buyer

After 2 months of searching for a new suite for the house, it took us 30 minutes to decided on the suite/colour and the fact that we wanted to buy from Newman & Bright.
We were so impressed with the quality of the product and great service we received.
I would have no hesitation in recommending Rafi and his team.
Mrs Sheikh
Verified Buyer

Hi love my sofas! The staff were very helpful at the showroom and Rafi was also a great help in deciding what to go for. The sofas are great quality and you can customise them to your own style and taste. Highly recommended company to deal with.
Mr Almond
Verified Buyer

Excellent service and product staff so helpfull
Ms Johnson
Verified Buyer

Two lovely Winchester sofas - really comfortable and just what we were looking for.

Newman and Bright were a really good company to deal with. The only small niggle - deliveries are Monday to Thursday daytimes only.
Mr Peel
Verified Buyer

The sofa is beautiful and suits our front room really well - extremely pleased. I have seen similar at about £500 more in John Lewis, so very good value for money IMHO. I liked the way that you could get cloth samples from Newman's supplier. I had some difficulty getting through to the slaes team on the phone on occasions but nothing too dramatic - it is clearly a family concern but don't mistake this a lack of craft nor concern. On the whole I am very pleased and would recommend.
Mr Traversoni
Verified Buyer

Superb quality and workmanship. Highly delighted with our two Chesterfields.
Miss Wilson
Verified Buyer

Everything about this company is totally professional, from the service, delivery and product. I visited the shop as I was particularly interested in the Art Deco sofas and wanted to see/try before I bought them. The lady in the shop was very helpful and arranged for all my swatches to be delivered by next post. Once the decision was made, it took a quick call to make my order and discuss the choices with Rafi. The sofas were then delivered to Cumbria in circa 6 weeks from order placement. The delivery men were very helpful and friendly, and brought them into my home without any fuss and unwrapped them and removed the packaging. Although the weight of the sofas tested their strength!!!

My sofas are absolutely fantastic! I cannot stop talking about them! There is no way these babies are moving, They are such a solid, comfortable, handsome sofa, which I got in purple velvet with a seaspray edging. They are also very tactile, lovely to sit on and stroke! Have had compliments from everyone who has been in my home over Xmas. Would recommend Newman & Bright, Rafi and his team without any hesitation. Will definitely be visiting the web site and shop again in the future!!!
Mrs Bebber
Verified Buyer

Excellent service - from swatches through the post, advice in the warehouse, gentle guidance, and a lot of patience! The sofas themselves are beautiful, well made, and great to be supporting a company that builds their products from natural materials here in the UK. Oh, and the most important thing - the sofas are really really comfortable as well as stylish.
Mr Pilkington
Verified Buyer

Very helpful staff at the showroom who carefully explained the order process.
Call back from Manager to confirm EXACT order details
Delivered on time as promised

The fact that we could slightly modify one of the sofas was what first made us consider Newman & Bright.

The Sofas are great, the colours are exactly what we wanted and I cannot fault the workmanship.

Overall a really great shopping experience.
Mrs Davies
Verified Buyer

We ordered a leather bucket chair from Newman and Bright and are very happy with our purchase. It is very good quality, comfortable and looks good in our sitting room.
My only quibble would be that communication from N&B could have been better - I was promised a call the week before delivery which never happened and then was called on the day before delivery - they agreed to leave the chair on our front porch if we weren't in but the delivery man didn't bother to check if we were here or not. We were in fact here all day and only discovered the chair when another delivery man arrived to deliver something else.
Otherwise, all went smoothly.
Many thanks for your important feedback, I am so glad that the tub chair is to your liking. I am sorry for the issues surrounding the delivery, Christmas time is always a busy time for us and I can only apologise for the miscommunication. I will be in touch with the delivery company to investigate why your delivery did not go smoother.
Wishing you a great year ahead.
Rafi