NCP Reviews

Categories:
Travel
Travel

How would you rate NCP?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

36 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about NCP in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"On returning to Car Park at Coventry Station realised I had mislaid my parking Ticket so was unable to leave car Park. I had to buy a replacement ticket for £60 even though I had pre-booked online. Later found ticket and sent into customer service but still no refund."
Angry Of Dorset
Verified Reviewer
"Left my car for 4 days at the Judd Street Carpark in London having paid over £100. Returned to find that the back windscreen and side front passenger windows had been smashed in. Glass was everywhere. When the attendants arrived, they informed me that this happens on an almost daily basis and in fact a few days before 3 cars had been vandalised. The local druggies use this carpark as their home and the attendants are aware of who the culprits are but NCP can't be bothered to pay for more CCTV (there is one camera pointing to the entrance) or for the carpark to be manned. They are happy to take your money though. Disgusting service from a trusted company. Will be expecting carpark fees back and compensation to cover the fact that I am now £200 out of pocket and counting."
"I have been a regular customer to NCP Chester at weekends, leading up to Christmas it was very busy so I had to go to the 5th floor, unfortunately for me, the 5th floor has many concrete blocks set 2 feet into the parking space that are not pained to stand out. My car has parking sensors but they never picked it up because the blocks are on the side of my car. I done a lot of damage that will cost thousands when asking NCP why the 5th floor was the only floor not to have the blocks painted I am still waiting for a reply after 5 phone calls customer services are apparently busy I have also now sent 8 emails to complaints still no reply I also never complain over anything. This is the worst ran company I have ever came across I would rather leave my car in the street!"
"I am so pleased I didn't read the reviews on here before I pre-booked a space at Garrard Street Reading recently as I certainly wouldn't have booked. I did have a problem when entering the car park as the machine didn't recognise the QR code so I took a ticket, parked up and phoned the customer service. I was advised to press the 'L' button at the barrier on exiting and the barrier would be lifted once I had spoken to an advisor. I did this and everything was fine. I would use the pre booking service again."
"Manchester Airport, NPC website advertiseing car park next to airport, when paid, showing 15mins away on an industrial estate, Rang there customer services, do not care, no interest. NEVER USE NCP, They are shocking, £68.93 out of pocket!!!"
"We have pre-booked with NCP before and not a problem, buton our recent trip to Belfast we done the same pre-booked the car park, when we arrived at the barrier it didn't recognize my van reg plate so i called for assistance and we were told just take a ticket. Went off on our trip, but when we came back and put our ticket in the machine at the barrier to go out it said we owed 144 pounds so i called for assistance again and explained to them we had already pre-booked, and they said they would lift the barrier so got back in van were we sat waiting but nothing. 3 times they said they were going to lift the barrier but they never until i told them i would call the police as i was in need of my insulin, and would sue if they didn't let me out, and all of a sudden they lifted the barrier. I have never been so badly treated and who ever was on duty that night needs reprimanding. I think they were having a good laugh at my expense not impressed at all and wouldn't use again."
Julie - Chester
Unverified Reviewer
"CHESTER NCP - I had a problem with the payment machine and have been fined £60 for illegally parking after making a phone call to their customer service due to this fault. I was in and out of the car park in 11 minutes and have provided evidence of making a phone call to them but the charge still stands, £60 lighter and will never use NCP again, avoid at all costs unless you want a fine for their faulty ticket machines !! Maybe thy should invest my £60 in some new equiptment along with many other £60 fines from innocent people - Fuming!!!!!!!"
"AVOID ALL NCP CAR PARKS."
"Leeds wellington street, shocking can rarely get out stuck for hours on an evening as barriers always breaking, terrible service"
We Left The Car. Beryl
Verified Reviewer
"we parked our car on the 8th October, at Lincoln Road, Peterborough. In a disabled space, displaying a blue badge, I have parkinsons and arthiritis. We had come to support my daughter running the half marathon in the town to raise money for parkinsons find a cure. Being unfamiliar with the town or ncp car parks. We looked at the notice, saw no charges whatsoever displayed, so assumed it was free for blue badge holders, as it is in most car parks in Wellingborough where we live. On returning to the car there was a fixed penalty notice on the windscreen. Failure to display parking ticket, the ticket was put on five minutes after we left, the car park attendant was probably watching us. I appealed and it was refused. Read several reviews, no good ones and it appears they don not even read your appeals. Whatever the reason, they decline your appeal. No consideration, or compassion or respect for disabled people. I clearly stated there was no sineage to indicate any charges. Nothing but money making inconsiderate people. I expect they do not read your appeal. I will never park in an ncp car park again and will make it publicly known what a money grabbing company ncp is."
"I expected much better from NCP! Think twice before using carpark 7 @ Birmingham airport... Booked a spot at Birmingham airport car park 7 @ short notice - it cost a fortune! Turned up and as my car was being checked, we joked about how I'd just collected the car, how clean it was and I'd be surprised if he found any faults etc. - well, the joke was on me!!! Not only was it not clear when booking that I'd have to leave my keys and they would park it "somewhere", but there was no where to shelter from the rain, the car park is a bit of waste land just big enough for dropping off and picking up your car. Bus to collect us didn't take max of 20 minutes, it was more like 30 minutes. On my return, the keys were given to me - I had to go hunting for my car in the dark - oh, did I forgot to mention the lighting is rubbish? So good luck giving your car the once-over - you'll be hard pushed to find your car in the darkness! Anyhow, when I finally found my car (in the "Travelodge Staff Only" area!), I could just about see the go faster mud stripes up the side of my doors like it had been driven at speed through a muddy field. It wasn't 'til I got home I noticed the mud splashes all over the car and both passenger side wheels had mud half way up them like the car had been parked on a muddy grass verge. Not impressed at all with NCP's handling of me or my car - never again car park 7!!!"
"Birmingham airport Booked in advance long stay car parking. Upon arrival it turned out to be a drop off service requiring you to leave your keys. Unhappy with this I arranged to move to a different car park. Then told that the turn up rate would be charged at an additional £74 (advanced booking was a £10 difference) Customer service took two weeks to create a case, didn't answer phones and then another week and a half to respond. Refusing any reduction in charges or refund. Daylight robbery."
"Poor service at Stansted airport pre booked meet and greet. Got there and at least 10 delay to park as no room On return 50 min wait and initially counted find our car! No apology or recompense. Bad service and no follow up."
"Awful service at Manchester Chester street NCP car park. No sign up to say car park was full so cars were building up behind our car on the hill and 2 cars were waiting at the barrier to be let in. When calling the help service to see if the barrier could be lifted so we could exit out, the woman said no as she cannot do that, it is a one out one in service and the barrier would only lift if a space became available, she advised us to REVERSE up the hill.....what a JOKE! With 5 cars behind us this was ridicules!! I was not happy with this and I did swear but apologised. I asked what we was to do if there was a fire!! on that note she said she would send someone down to lift the barrier.......nobody came but the barrier lifted. When we was let through the barrier there was alot of disabled spaces which she didn't mention and was the right kind of space we needed. I think the communications and organisation in this parking lot are very much like monkeys in a zoo, I do not like being lied to and we all know that a press of a button and the barrier can be lifted. I don't usually complain but I think something needs to be done about this."
"Charged twice, had to get my card company to get it back as they ignored my e-mails and said it was my banks fault when I managed to talk to them on the phone. Apart from the that the parking was okay although the spaces are quite small and the cost is high, more than the flight! The trouble is you have very little choice and they know it."
"I was parked within parking lines and received a PCN for £50 on my return. Despite conclusive photographic evidence that all 4 wheels were inside the lines my appeal was turned down. Has anyone ever had a successful appeal. I very much doubt it. Has any ever been able to read the small print of their parking signs; I doubt even their own employee could not say where it said about using a numbered bay. Two things are certain, NCP must rate as one of the worst among this sector notorious for uncaring and insensitive practices and secondly I will NEVER enter an NCP again. I had to pay £12 on exit and now they are demanding a further £50 for a service they say they didn't provide."
Keith Maddern
Verified Reviewer
"Nasty Conniving Parasites limited are a disgrace they provide large disabled bays signed with the large logo but not saying they are not free and your blue badge is worthless. They do not subscribe to the blue badge format or to the ombudsman alternative resolution service. They do what they like and are answerable to no one.Their appeal service is not worth the time or effort as they ignore what you say and you are better off parking on the main roads where your badge is legally recognised. They use the disabled logo as a honey trap to con users out of money they can ill afford and must catch thousands of people every year. Stay clear they are not disabled friendly."
"Disgusting service always trying to scam money out of loyal customers. I park outside my uni accommodation have done for 2 years I pay for a season ticket which is £110 a month which has gone up and people park everywhere so I can never park. I parked in a disable. At for 30 minutes to move my work into my flat from uni and I got a £100 parking fine and nobody else gets them and I pre pay. Will not use their parks again and I advise all my friends and family not to. Honestly worst service and when I tried to justify myself the staff told me they agree there should be permit spaces not 10000 disable bays."
Disgruntled Customer
Verified Reviewer
"I received an email on 07/08/16 offering discounts for pre-book parking. I tried to pre-book entry on 26/09/16 and exit on 03/10/16. Discount did not work. Contacted pr-booking service by email and phone - no joy. Apparently Condition 1 "...for entries between 08/08/2016 – 30/09/2016." means exit as well. Who is drafting these offers???? Poor Customer service"
"Prebooked a car parking space. Car park was closed with the shutters down when I arrived and NCP phone number 'unobtainable', when it should have been open for calls. I did complain and am waiting my refund which took several emails and a phone call which involved being on hold for ten minutes on their 0345 number."
NCP is rated 1.25 based on 36 reviews