NCP Reviews

02AM
2AM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact NCP?

About NCP: Find conveniently located car parks throughout the UK, pre-book and guarantee airport parking throughout the UK. Massive savings online with NCP. Founded in 1931, NCP has over 75 years expertise within the parking sector and now supplies drivers with over 200,000 spaces across more than 700 car parks nationwide.

0845 050 70 80

6th Floor
Centre Tower
Whitgift Centre

Categories:
Travel
Travel

Tell us how NCP made you happy

Email, Live Chat, Telephone
"I used the NCP Finsbury Square car park recently and was shocked to find on my return that multiple cars had been smashed into and items stolen despite this being a restricted gated access. There was no security, no cameras and you are essentially stuck in the basement and potentially at risk if stuck alone whilst criminal activity is taking place. The NCP price is excessively overpriced for what it’s worth (I paid £38 for 2 hours) and as expected they refused to take any liability or even provide a refund on the car park charge given the poor circumstances. In fact their customer service gave a poor response to the incident and I don’t think this is a one off given their laid back attitude to things. Thank you for keeping my money and not giving any regards to customer experience. It’s not a safe car park nor is it secure. Terrible company. Please avoid."
Are you NCP? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"I’m sorry to read people’s experience of NCP parking machines. I too have been fined £60 The machine wouldn’t accept my car registration number it just took the first three letters so I put my money in. I got a ticket and wish now I’d kept it. I did for a bit and must have thrown it away when I cleaned the car. It’s so unfair as you can’t prove that the machine didn’t work. It’s your word against there’s. I shan’t be using this car park again or any of there car parks."
"I used the Car park in Hemel Hempstead... Stubborn, unhelpful. Bad working machines, ended up getting me a £100 fine. Just because I couldn't prove their own machine is faulty!! Racketeering scam for sure. Avoid all NCP car parks if you can."
"£16.50 for a little over 4 hours parking in Chester. This was after 6pm. I thought I'd get back and have to pay £5 or maybe a maximum of £8. But I've been completely ripped off. I've learnt my lesson and I'll never park in an NCP again"
"I parked my car for 1.5 hours at their Mayfair site, just off Berkeley square. My car windows got smashed in and the contents of my car stolen. I contacted them via phone and email, asking for a £45 refund to cover the cost of my parking ticket. They refused to pay me anything. Rubbish customer service and a robbing company."
"I went to Cambridge rail station to collect my son. It was my first visit here. I parked and went to pay at the machine. It had a sign which stated pay at bile storage machine. Where ? No indication, so eventually I found it. I put my car registration in and it came up as a minimum of nine pounds. I wasn’t paying that just to collect my son. I tried to cancel it, but it showed I had until 18:16 to leave, it was now 18:18 as it had taken me so long to find it. I pressed the help button and it just changed screen a few times and nobody spoke to me. I had no option as I know my registration was on camera, but to pay. I pressed the pay button and held my card over the reader. It went quick as a flash on to the next person screen. Had it taken my payment ? It states receipts are not given. This was a pretty bad experience on my first visit to Cambridge. I felt I had been robbed. I know from experience what NCP are like and never park in their car parks. This was total confusion and deception to extort money from unknowing customers. I hope Cambridge council are proud they use companies like this to raise money for they, who knows how many fines are given out because of this confusing practise ?"
"I took my niece to the New Theatre in Cardiff last night to see one of her GCSE set texts being performed. I stupidly parked in the nearest carpark which happened to be NCP and was charged SIXTEEN POUNDS for parking from 7.09pm to 10.19pm. I'm used to paying around five pounds for evening parking in other Cardiff carparks which is why I near thought to check the price when I entered the NCP carpark. I will never park in a NCP carpark again."
"I paid by phone in Portsmouth Market Way car park have now been sent a fine. It's up to me to prove I paid which is a hassle and have to chase THEM if I haven't heard in 28 days - is this a scam ? Do they fine everyone?"
"NCP King Street Glasgow. Parked for 2 hours December 2018. Paid for parking before leaving. Didn’t get receipt. Got parking notice on February saying I hadn’t paid. Appealed decision. This was denied. I now need to pay £50 in 14 days or else £100. Feel bullied and frightened and intimidated. Feel like they are robbing me and there is nothing I can do. DO NOT USE THIS CAR PARK"
"DO NOT USE!! NCP Sheffield sidney street payed by phone for 4 hours £5.80 and after being parked for 45 minuets got a ticket saying "Parked without clearley displaying the required valid pay and display ticket" but the car park is a pay by phone only, I have proof i payed but now i have the hassel to resolve the matter DO NOT USE THESE CAR PARKS!!"
"Stuck in a car park for nearly an hour and no help as usual had to arrange someone else to pick up kids from child minders"
"18th December parked in the Brittania car park, Hinckley. Put 60p for an hour's parking it took my money but did not issue a ticket. Went to the other machine to see if that was working which wasn't as a lady complained that she too had lost her money. Then we receive a 100 pound penalty notice for not paying I appealed but have lost.We were in that car park for 20 minutes, 5 minutes of that was trying to get a ticket. If I pay early it will be 60 pounds. 60pounds and 60p parking for 20 minutes. What a rip off. I will never park in a box car park again."
"The ticket machines are very difficult to operate and very complicate I try to buy a ticket but doesn't work for me. I park the car for 13 min but I am charged with 60 pounds for the first 14 days and 100 pounds after!!!! I always loved to park in Northampton St Peters Way place but not anymore and I will not recommend to anyone!!!!!"
"Me and my friend parked at NCP's SouthSide paring center in the evening on 22nd Jan 2019. We had some problem when paying and therefore called their helpline from the paying machine at 10:40pm ish. Their customer service gentleman hanged up on us while in the middle of the conversation without any warning. This is the first time I got hanged up on by a customer service. I really don't know why the gentleman can keep his job in customer service."
"I parked at Sheffield Road Car Park in Manchester which was nearly full, initially I was pleased with the price £3-50 for 24 hours and then I realised why! On returning to my car the following morning only to find it had been damaged as some one had tried to break into it, making a large hole through the door just above the lock! on looking round the car park it seemed that ours hadn't been the only one to have been broken into as there were 3 piles of glass nearby. What a disappointing visit to Manchester, we won't be going back in a hurry."
"I parked my car at NCP adams row mayfair London yesterday thinking it will be easier to get to winter wonderland hyde park and get out later in evening to travel back to Lincolnshire but unfortunately car has been broken in with smashed windows . Worst experience of my life. When I entered the car park at 8:00 PM thieves were still in car park and breaking into another car. There is CCTV at the entrance but it is dummy!!!! also no one at reception even when I parked in at 12:00 in the afternoon. I had to call police because there is no help. Luckily my children were not in the car park. The thieves ran away as I started to shout for help. When police arrived I was shocked to hear that it is quite common for this car park and yet no CCTV or any security. My whole family was shocked and shattered with this experience."
"Having had a good experience when parking at Birmingham, I decided to try Gatwick. Absolutely terrible ! I booked Crawley which when we arrived was an unsecured multi storey park with no transfers. On arrival I immediately phoned and said I wanted a refund but no doing. They said it was only a ten minute taxi ride to he airport. I know it is partly my faul for not reading my booking but it was advertised as airport parking because that’s all I researched. Who on earth would leave a car here for two weeks and pay for taxis ? Luckily we w not straight to APH and got a space there. Will always use them now as they were superb. Bad form on NCP for fobbing this off as airport parking. Needless to say they are not interested."
"Prepade for a week, no spaces on the second day. They then gave me a parking fine for using one of the 10 unused staff parking bays. I appealed, and still had to pay £85 and never even got to park for the duration of the week. Absolute con!"
"I parked on NCP car park London Mayfair. My car back window got smashed in, parcel shelf ripped out and all our belongings stolen! I believe it was the work staff working on site as they seen we had bags in the boot when we pulled up. Requested cctv and heard nothing! No security on site! NCP won’t do anything! Told by the hotel security ‘yeah, happens all the time here’. I have lost everything! Not only valuables eg laptop, but all my clothes, children’s toys, things of a lot of sentimental value! Please, pay a bit more and park somewhere safe! I have lost everything!"
NCP is rated 1.27 based on 78 reviews