National Motorhomes Reviews

0% of reviewers recommend National Motorhomes
5PM
5PM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact National Motorhomes?

Tell us how National Motorhomes made you happy

"Bunch of sharks. Same experience as everyone else. Difficult to deal with. Van not in great condition. Said we returned the van unclean so charged us for cleaning it (it was cleaner when it went back than when we picked it up). Took us 4 months to get the deposit back and that was only because we agreed to pay the cleaning charge just to cut our losses."
Are you National Motorhomes? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Fraudulent company. Constantly lie and make excuses for charging extras and not returning deposits. They say 28days after hire ends for your deposit to be returned. After waiting the 28 WORKING days they ask you to confirm a post hire statement. Now correct me if I’m wrong but if you’ve paid in advance and not wrecked the van I any way then there should be no post hire charges right? So why wait 28 days to sign this statement? After signing they inform you it will be another 28 days until you get your deposit back. That’s 56 days they hold your deposit for. They are robbing scumbags.."
"DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY I'm still having the bad experience. This merchant have falsely advertised their product on 'Wowcher.com' and have misrepresented the deal. They are now seeking not to honour the deal purchased and to charge the full prive On top of that they're virtually impossible to contact by phone, although the occasional email might be returned. In this case, they state that the full price for the luxury motor home might be £349 but with the Wowcher deal will be £204 for 3 nights By the time of booking they have increased the full price to £400 and area seeking to bill us for this full price, although the contractual £204 has already been paid On top of this they attempt to bump up the price with a range of optional extras that you would expect to have included as standard."
"Hidden charges for basics you should expect to be provided (hook up cable etc; kitchen pack). Excessive costs for tv licence unless you prove that you have one at the last minute; no chance to cancel until it's too late. Worst of all, they charge a security deposit to your credit card (note, they charge it, don't earmark or pre authorise so you pay interest to your CC company) and keep it for 28 business days. Even then you have to go online to ask for it, not automated. We paid £1250 and didn't get it back for 6 weeks. Our van was a shambles as well. Power stopped working during our hand over but came back. This happened again on 2 of the 3 nights we had - no power means no water, no heating, no lights no good in Aviemore in November. Dirty bedding, mismatched crockery and cutlery. Don't be conned, avoid."
"Hired a motor home end of October 2018 , bit by bit costs were added on to hire, TV licence, extra gas, roadside recovery , insurance , security deposit , kitchen pack, sat nav ,dog £30 from £499 it went to £940 . Early pick up cost , late return cost and then request refused for late pick return. So it was the same as previous review back for 11 and stopped at house to clean it before return , left at 7 am. No problems with motor home as pictures were taken beforehand, returned spotless to Chis at rutherglen depot, who agreed no problems . Security Deposit was to be returned 28 working days (6 weeks). Despite calls/ emails /live chats and reassurances still no deposit returned 27/12/2018 . Taking legal advice at the moment. DO NOT HIRE FROM THIS COMPANY"
"Ripped me completely off my money. Stay away from this company- they steal your money! Look at all their terrible reviews!"
"I wish i had read these reviews prior to booking a " £99 " hire deal, as the process went on,it started costing more and more, the entire process seemed to be to make it as difficult as possible to hire a vehicle while adding more cost to the price, after 5 days when i found out i needed a TV licence, i thought enough is enough and cancelled, i asked for a refund but was told that i couldn't have one as i did not cancel within 24 hours, this company are nothing more than thieves and charlatans, do not touch them at all.I have reported them to Trading Standards and will go through the small claims court to get back what i can"
"DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY. The initial price they quote you does not include either the £1000 insurance deposit you have to pay with an additional £250 or you have to pay a non refundable £96 plus a refundable £250. Basically they are a rip off and only give you 24 HOURS TO CANCEL FROM INITIAL PAYMENT"
"Wanted a quote they sent one then harassed me continually email texts & phone calls I only answered once to tell them they are a two bob company desperate for business...:always stating they can reduce the price..."
"KNOWEPARK CARAVANS LIVINGSTON My Wife and I Popped in to look at used Motorhomes saw one we liked and asked them to look at our van. The owner and another 2 staff looked outside and inside said it was all good. They would be happy to do a deal providing the get a mechanical check on our van. We left it for three weeks and negotiated a trade in price and I left a £500 deposit which i got back 4 days later. . I then took the van back to them after taking all our stuff out and cleaning to be checked. The van i was buying was marked on there website as SOLD. A few days later i got a call from Mr Lang the owner and he said their was a couple of minor things wrong but not a problem but we have over valued your van. They were giving me a £2700 PX and he said it was only worth £16000. To say the least i was disappointed and very angry after me paying a deposit etc. My friend who went along with me the first day was wanting to buy new they never got back to him so he went to another dealer and spent £70K. BEWARE i have 5 other friends with motorhomes and none of us will step foot in the place ever again."
"Absolutely appalling company, DO NOT USE!!! We hired 4 Motorhomes from them and had issues with all of them. We hired for a period of 9 days and had no working toilet, no working fridge, they were dirty, blinds not working, broken handles etc. Trying to speak to customer service is a nightmare as NO ONE returns your calls. In order to get our Motorhome fixed during the hire period we went to the Manchester depot to be told that they were expecting us but couldn’t deal with our issues as they were too busy and it felt like they had taken our money and then didn’t care. Eventually they did come and fix what they could but advised that the toilet was broken prior to us being given the Motorhome and that when we were travelling in rural Scotland to ‘Poo in a Bush’!!! The whole experience from start to finish was a nightmare. I would definitely NOT use them again and can only advise people to do the same. Unless you want issues from start to finish and poor customer service. Also, be aware of HIDDEN CHARGES. We were not advised about the additional charge for propane gas when it clearly looked like the only option was to have a bigger bottle. They also add on extra insurance costs which puts you in a difficult position where you end up having to pay the company £1,000 extra which we were not expecting. PLEASE AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!"
"Similar experience to Scotsmax. Retained 489 of our 1250 deposit with no explanation. Repeated attempts for explanation (multiple emails, phone calls, online chat) are never responded to. Simply keeping money that they have no right to or explanation for."
"do not use this company. after 24 hours of booking you will not get any money refunded on cancellation. Deposits are never refunded after hire. Company offers Amazon vouchers to people to write good reviews. I suspect all positive reviews are false. National Motorhomes is a front for another company with very poor customer service."
"Firstly,there was the relentless and costly add-ons for things as basic as sat-navs and the worrying list on things that HAD TO BE DONE before handing back the vehicle, or further penalty payments would be due. When you put together this list with the fact the vehicle had to be back by 11a.m. OR -you've guessed it - penalty payment would be due, the last full day of our trip was clearly going to be spent cleaning! The pick-up was accompanied by a vehicle orientation input, which was delivered at high speed by someone clearly keen to be somewhere else. The vital significance for you here, is that almost every little bump and scratch is pointed out to you and is registered on their laptops. I say " almost" because, when we returned another small crack was spotted 10 feet off the ground, at the junction of the side and the roof. It had no obvious sharp edges and looked old. We knew we hadn't caused it and said so. Only to be met with the assertion that if it wasn't ontheir laptop, it had happened while we had the vehicle and, furthermore, it was in an area whereit looked as if acomplete section would need replacing!! I refused to sign any of their documentation, as i had no intention of accepting blame. So now I wait, having read the reviws of others, wondering why I didn't do that BEFORE booking with them and so avoiding becoming the same as the poor chap who got less than £2 back out of his £750 deposit, by the time they had helped themselves to their "costs". READ THEIR REVIEWS! USE YOUR COMMONSENSE! DON'T GO NEAR THEM!"
National Motorhomes is rated 1.07 based on 15 reviews