National Motorhomes Reviews

of reviewers recommend National Motorhomes

Tell us how National Motorhomes made you happy
Warning ⚠️ Do not book with this company they take your money cancel the booking never to receive a refund you can’t get hold of them they just go quiet they just scam people for money absolutely disgusting before Christmas This company needs To be Investigated and I will make sure of that
Warning ⚠️ TO ANYONE LOOKING DO NOT EVER BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY THEY ANWSER THE PHONE Once and once only to take your money you will never hear after that you will receive an email cancelling the booking never to receive a refund they don’t answer the phone they are scamming a lot of people
TV not working, dirty mattress, lots of additional charges, deposit still not returned 7 weeks after vehicle return. Noone to talk to. Shabby outfit, stay away.
Absolute joke of a company make money from scams, non stop fees that get you because you’ve already payed so much money, two large Motorhomes I hired, dog hairs in bed and wouldn’t give me no money back as it’s a pet friendly company so you have to have dog hairs on your pillow, Barnsley depot is a mess people who work there can’t understand you and is not Evan a propper yard. Anyway after all the fees on top of the total price they will try and do anything not to give your your £1250 Deposit back. Please do not use these ,you will not have a good holiday, pay the extra money somewhere else because you will only get scammed from these!
Cancelled mine straight away after readying the reviews and still waiting for my refund ,,,, endless spam texts ,not a good company !
If I could put less stars I would!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. So many added extras to pay after the initial deposit. Don’t pay them, they are all I caused anyway. Once you’ve committed money you can no longer speak to a person. They took money from deposit for fuel even though it was the correct amount. Deposit only returned after chasing them. It was 28 working days Limit and then took longer to land in my account. Absolute crooks!!!!
I have paid my deposit on 25/10/19 because I felt lied as they said it was £99 for 3 days 2 nights I said great deal so booked it true the booking before even talk to representative I had to leave 2 payments one 99 OK second one 86 for insurance porposes OK but I was amazed when they call me and asked for every little extras on the call and the insurance would not cover most of damage... So I said no let's cancel it. So I have been told the money will be back in my account 28 days later its now 28/11/2019 and still haven't received anything yet. Never use this cowbois again for sure...
Absolutely disgusting company, Motorhome haD numerous faults and items missing. The worst part is they do not return you £1250 deposit, I have been chasing every week for over 5 months now and still nothing. If I could rate negative stars I would be -5.
If anyone has been successful in being refunded their deposit from the Company that in my words 'robs you blind in broad day light' can you advise how you managed it please
Very poor service. We were messed around from the word go! We paid for early check in from 11am when my husband got there the van wasn’t even back from the previous hire. Once 5 hours away from the depot we discovered the van keys we had been given we’re the wrong ones so we were unable to lock the van. The next morning my husband and young son woke in a soaking wet bed because the side window was broken and the heavy rain had leaked inside! Service was poor. Would no reccomend!
Oh dear oh dear what a company. Farsical company. I booked a motorhome for 3days the amount of confirming via emails was extreme did i want hook up cable did I want kitchen stuff did I want toilet Cleaner did I want car parking confirm driver license deatils. Then I had to cancel no refund entitlement according to them.cannot contact them direct but via online chat. Will be taking legal redress . Enough said
If I could award 0 stars I would. And I wish I'd read some of the reviews before booking. Dreadful company. Really aggressive e-mail and text up-selling of absolute basics like levelling chocks and liquid for the chemical toilet. Their website is useless, they want you to enter loads of details pre-hire...but the website won't let you. BEWARE you cannot get a refund more than 24hours after booking. And you can't pick up the van before 3pm....so that's a day wasted. I cancelled and would never book with these cowboys again.
If I could give 0 stars I would! From the very beginning began to regret this booking. After much searching these guys 'seemed' to have a good price and were able to offer more flexible bookings (ie not a week). I made the booking and was instantly bombarded with texts, about how I could upgrade my experience...for example pay for an electric cable? Really???? This stuff should be included as standard!! I ignored most of the texts and actually blocked the number in the end because it was almost daily. Then comes the issue of insurance, you couldn't take out your own, you could either use their extortionate insurance or pay a large (£1000 deposit, plus admin fee!). We took this route and had £1250 deducted from our credit card (this also included a damage deposit). Thank god we put this on our credit card and we have had to fight and battle to get this back. I understood the terms were 28 working days, so made contact and requested the refund after this time. It all seemed fairly straightforward, all online and confirmation received that i would get my payment in 3-5 days.....NOTHING, so chased again (via online chat as they don't have phone lines!) to be told there was an issue and it was with the credit team..I then had to raise a case which could take up to 10 days to review. It was farcical, the online chat are rude, blunt and unhelpful. As I said above they don't have phone lines so you cant speak with anyone. In the end we raised a Section 75 case with our Credit Card provider to eventually get this money back. All in all I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy. Please do yourselves a favour and look elsewhere
Avoid like the plague, Bombard you with offers and adds ons up until rental, Camper was dirty, cutlery was filthy and water tank leaked so couldnt use the shower, sink and toilet, had the cheek to charge for not emptying the toilet despite not working!! still have my 2500£ deposit despite numerous times trying to contact them, with my card company now processing a charge back so be wise and book elsewhere.
Keep well away keep well away!! Utter rip off. They charge for the slightest thing and if you are not careful they will charge more than the deposit. They should be ashamed of themselves but I doubt they will be. To be fair, of the two depots I used, staff at both did warn me they would do this.
DO NOT HIRE FROM THIS COMPANY!!!! ALL THE STORIES ARE TRUE, EXCESSIVE CHARGES, POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE, POOR QUALITY VAN, DO NOT REFUND DEPOSIT UNLESS YOU FIGHT WITH THEM. THEY TRADE UNDER VARIOUS NAMES!!
DO NOT GO ANYWHERE NEAR THEM!!! I am taking this to watchdog and I hope many others have! absolutely disgrace! I am so angry that I have chased and chased for my deposit and now they have deducted £24 for parking which we did not order and were not made aware of and £75 for going to 73 mph ! HOW THE HELL ???? We were so careful to stick to the 70mph! We missed it by 3mph and got sacked with a £75 charge! I am DISGUSTED to say the least, you can speak to ANYONE, only live chat that keeps cutting you off! and the chat is possibly the rudest I have experienced! Disgraceful, the van fridge and heating didn’t work! This was totally ignored and yet they still charged happily for things we weren’t made malware if and hide behind, it’s clear on the terms and conditions- it’s not ! PLEASE DO NOT USE THEM
We used this company as we are first time users of a Motorhome and wanted the security of a 'national' company and its associated support and reputation. Like with other reviews, the additional costs mounted up as we needed to source all the 'extras' as we are not caravaners. For a first time of this type of holiday the experience was good, a slight minor leak of the van which was easily dealt with, once we found out the source; the helpline were not able to fix the problem but they did come back to us to try and help. The van was OK and all the kitchen equipment was new (unpacked) and everything else worked for us. However, the requirement for providing a tv licence at such short notice was a big surprise and their fee is extortionate. Their hire fees are readily available before hire, although you are sucked in with promotional offers, also be aware that they push early collection and late delivery offers (we did take late return). We only had the van for 4 days and with all the 'extras', but at that cost we could have got into B&Bs for the same price, with 4 adults, so it's not a cheap holiday through this company but would be better for a longer hire. The BIGGEST drawback is that they hang on to your money for so long; hire payment and deposit is 8 weeks before hire, return of deposit is 28 days, but I had to chase for it and i finally received it some 8 week after hire completion. They therefore have our deposit for over 4 months, which must be their business model. Fortunately I had no disputes, but holding on to your model for so long is their OM, so be aware. Normal van hire companies don't hang on to your money for so long, usually just for the period of hire. NO, I would NOT use them again, but would use another company and would be wary of costs and terms. However, I will see how its done in NZ next year!
Do not use - deal appears reasonable however they do not return your £1250 deposit despite complying with agreement - easy to book over phone then when you repeatedly attempt to communicate you fine you cannot talk to anyone in person, live chat is soooo long you end up being cut off spent so much time trying to resolve without success to date stress factor is through roof - did homework however at that point no one had conveyed the deposit issue so unhappy conned big time!
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. I cannot warn people sufficiently about this cowboy outfit. They are part of a major chain of companies around Britain that hire out motorhomes. They masquerade under different titles and each of them, receives the same, damning, reviews, from countless people who have been misled by their terms and conditions and have paid the price. Read everything you can about the following companies, before handing over a penny. Don’t touch them with a barge pole. In fact, hire yourselves a barge, for a week, instead! It will be far more relaxing than dealing with these people. hirebookingcentre.com National Motorhomes Motorholme.co.uk Unbeatablehire.com There are more. Make sure none of the ones you consider are, in any way, connected to those above. Read the reviews for each. It will make you re-think your holiday options.
National Motorhomes is rated 1.04 based on 47 reviews