Momentum Driving School Reviews

98% of reviewers recommend Momentum Driving School
"This was my first time taking an intensive driving course and I passed my test at the end of my 20 hour course. This was the second test I’ve taken in 2 years. My teacher Phil did a great job of assessing my ability and providing me with the confidence I needed to pass. I would recommend his tuition to anyone."
"All thanks to momentum driving school, and my instructor Craig who was so helpful he was the best instructor I ever had, and pass first time."
"I just passed my test today. Big shout loud to the amazing Derek who helped with his excellent knowledge to get through this challenge. Thank you very much for your support Derek, you are very friendly and professional. Momentum, thanks for all your support as well, everything was so straight forward with you guys. Loved it. The best day ever...yeeehhh❤❤❤"
"Dave was the nicest instructor, he was very patient and got me through my test first time. Even when my test was cancelled due to weather conditions, he kept my spirits high. I can’t thank him and momentum enough."
"I'm not really sure what to think of my experience. The school was accommodating and helped me when needed, answered queries fast, responded to emails on the same day sent. My instructor was friendly, easy to talk to and made me feel very comfortable behind the wheel - none of his instructions were unclear, I never felt intimidated or embarrassed when I did something wrong. Which I think is very important. However, after my lessons, once I drove home I wasn't spoken to about the lesson I just had or the upcoming one. This wasn't my first experience driving and my previous instructor would sit with me for 5-10 minutes and discuss anywhere I went wrong and how to correct/improve, we would discuss what we would do on the next lesson. I didn't get this kind of prompting from this school. It was more or less drive around, talk for the duration of the lesson about anything and then go home. The only reason I didn't mention it prior was because I had quite a lot of driving experience already so I more or less knew what I was doing anyway, but had I been a new driver I would've been really unsatisfied with it. I had originally booked an intensive course as I wanted to pass quickly, I booked months in advance and on my first 4 hour lesson, an hour before it was due to start my instructor cancelled. The school tried to add the missing time onto other lessons but I asked for a refund of the £110 instead. Which I eventually got. Also my instructor was late to every single lesson. Once by over 20 minutes - I didn't get any warning/heads up, an apology or explanation. Which I found pretty poor. Every other lesson was between 5-15 minutes. All in all I think I had about 12 different lessons (all different durations) and yet I probably lost between 1 and a half / 2 hours of the time I paid, waiting. I failed twice, first time because I positioned the car too straight over a roundabout, the second time because I took an exit off the dual carriage way I had never taken before and got confused with which lane I was supposed to be in as you need to exit on the right. When I told my instructor about it the day of my 3rd (and final) test, I wanted to go back and see it again so I would be prepared if I got this exit again. He didn't know which exit I was talking about - sadly I couldn't remember where it was for me to go there from memory. But after telling people where I had failed, a lot of them had either failed on that exit before too, or knew someone that had. So it was clearly a well known route, and my instructor said he had done this job for a number of years so I was fairly confused as to how he didn't know what I was talking about - but that could just be my explanation of it. The time of my second test was also brought forward and I was never told until I got in the car and realised that the hour I had paid for before my test, I only had about 25 minutes. Not the schools fault - unless they were told and no one told me - I cannot be sure as I don't know how it works. All in all, it's an OK school and would only recommend for someone with lots of driving experience and lots of patience, which I do but mine was certainly wearing thin towards the end. Being nervous the morning of your test is bad enough without your instructor being 10 minutes late. As I say, great guy, great to talk to and made me feel the most at ease behind the wheel than anyone I have ever learnt with - but not the most professional. I would steer clear if you are a beginner. If I was able to go back and go with a different school or an individual teacher, I would."
Hi Natalie,

Thanks for the detailed feedback and congratulations again on passing your test!

I'm sorry to hear that the instructor was late for some of your lessons. You should have expected lessons on time and better communication if there was an issue that would mean the instructor would be late.

If you'd like to get in touch with the office with further info we can talk to the instructor for you and find out what the issue was.
"You got me through my test 1st time. When I didn't think I was gonna do it. Can't thank you enough. Will be recommending you to anyone that asks. Many thanks."
"Relatively simple process to book, communication good and everything happened as was expected. Instructor was great and very reliable and flexible when needed. Thank you!"
"Colin from Brighton was an absolute star. He helped me in a short amount of time with the firm approach that was needed but still made me laugh. Couldn’t recommend the intensive course with Colin more!"
"Excellent, would recommend anyone who is learning to drive to come here!"
"Booked my intensive course quickly and efficiently and the same with the test."
"My instructor Zabi was amazing. I would definitely recommend this crash course,"
"My instructor (Paul) was the greatest, he made me feel completely comfortable in the car and totally relaxed and prepared for my test"
"My instructor Phil was fantastic. He made me feel very comfortable and knew how to teach in a way that I would understand. His has good jokes too.... Thanks Phil."
"The Lady in the office Anglea was very efficient and quick in returning my emails with new dates and any infomation I required"
"The intensive driving course really helped me a lot and made me very capable. My instructor Paul was very friendly and amazing. This is the best option to go for."
"Highly recommend Momentum and especially instructor Peter mckenchie. I done a 20 hour intensive course and passed first time. Everything from booking right through to the actual test ran smoothly. Really pleased i chose momentum. Thank you"
"Good customer service from Angela, helped me with several queries. Dave was an excellent instructor very good and knowledgeable about the test and theory behind it."
"Very good and respectful driving instructor & easy and quick service from the administration team. Recommend to any new driver."
"Admin team- Fast to reply and understanding. Excellent! Instructor - my instructor was fantastic, patient and supportive, worked out how to teach me effectively and did a fantastic job at making me a good- passing- driver."
"Really flexible to suit me Tailored the lessons to my needs"
Momentum Driving School is rated 4.83 based on 806 reviews