medicines4pets Reviews

98% of reviewers recommend medicines4pets

About medicines4pets: Medicines4pets was established in 2010 by a team of RCVS (Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons) qualified vets with almost 150 years of combined experience in veterinary practice.

For some time we’d been aware that some of our clients weren’t making appointments as regularly as they might. And they were leaving longer intervals between treatments than recommended to fully protect their pets from common conditions. Conditions which, left untreated, could become distressing for their animals.

We knew how much these clients cared for their companion animals but when we talked to them we realised that the cost of medicine for pets was a key factor in determining the frequency of visits to their vets practice and application of treatments.

Overheads and low order volumes mean that we are unable to reduce the price of medicines sold through our practices.

And, because pet owners have the right to choose where they buy medicine for their pet, we often provide prescriptions to our clients to allow them to source lower cost medicines.
But when we looked online, we realised that, although prices were much cheaper, owners could be unknowingly putting their pets are risk with imported and substitute medicines not checked by a vet.

We recognised that we could provide better prices online than in practice by taking advantage of lower overheads and economies of scale, but in a safer environment, making the most of our vets' extensive expertise. To this end:

Medicines4pets operates from registered premises, regulated by the Veterinary Medicines Directorate (VMD) which monitors the sale of animal medicines.
We only dispense genuine, UK sourced medicines.
Dispensing is controlled by qualified personnel, comprising vets and Suitably Qualified Staff who are qualified to dispense your pets medication (SQP's). Our Head S.Q.P. Staff Member is Keri Clayton - QC50545.
We do not intend that this site becomes a substitute for a good relationship with your own vet. We cannot diagnose or advise you about the treatment of any condition or sickness and recommend that you consult your vet whenever you have any concerns about your pet’s health.

Our aim is simply to help pet owners around the UK to visit their vets more regularly and provide better protection for their animals by making medicines for pets more affordable.

01926 482800

How would you rate medicines4pets?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

438 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
John
Highly recommended.

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about medicines4pets in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Highly recommended."
"how come this brilliant business has closed down? please come back!!!"
"I have been buying Feliway refills and other pet items from you for years.........went to re-order today to find you have ceased trading and I am really sad. Thank you for your friendly, helpful, reliable service over the years. From Marion Pace, Maisie, Xerxes, Bellatrix, Chantico, Minerva and all the pets now lost to me who have benefited from your service and products over the years."
"I have been buying such non-medical items such as Katalax and have always tried to use a local source (I live in Solihull) as my own vet no longer stocks this because it has increased in price so much. I have, therefore, always used Medicines4pets and have been delighted with the service given and helpfulness of the staff. I am so sorry that you have ceased trading. I will miss you."
"medicines4pets service has always been so good and pricing competitive i am genuinely very sad to see you have stopped trading. please come back??"
"Sad you've stopped trading"
"Best prices on the net, fast and efficient service, have used medicines4pets for some time now. Highly recommended."
"Always easy to deal with and always polite and hrlpful Delivery is excellent. Competitively priced medications. Have used this company fir ovet 3 yeaes and have no reservation in recommending them."
"I am very happy with the service that I received from Medicines4Pets; prompt delivery, friendly and helpful staff and any issues were dealt with and rectified quickly. With that in mind I was very sorry to receive the unexpected news that Medicines4Pets were closing their doors! I didn't get the chance to say 'goodbye' and wish the staff all the best! Thank you to all the team."
"Pricing is competitive and delivery is prompt, not had to try out customer service yet however so cant comment on that"
"The items that I ordered were correct and arrived swiftly and well packed."
"Great products at good prices, packaging excessive though which I find really wasteful, two lots of bubble wrap on already sturdy cardboard tubes is unnecessary. The box it came in was twice as big as it needed to be as a result of excess bubble wrap."
"We brought a soft collar for Greyhounds it was well worth the money and delivered within the timescales set."
"Very easy to deal with. Always confirm the order and let you know whats going on with the delivery"
"Website easy to use, prompt service goods sent and delivered quickly"
"Purchased Ha Pee Lawns. Their stock was low as I wanted to buy 10 but could only buy 4! I hope they will get more stock in and to ship them out a little quicker."
"Excellent and quick service with good prices as usual. Only problem is the huge box and load of bubble wrap used to send 3 items that would have fitted in a box half the size."
"Excellent service. Very swift delivery and will use again."
"Very impressed with the service. So disappointed to find the business has closed down as I intended making further purchases this week!"
"I use this website regularly and have always had excellent service. Their Customer Service, whether by email or phone, is fantastic!"
medicines4pets is rated 4.89 based on 438 reviews