MattressOnline.co.uk Reviews

32% of reviewers recommend MattressOnline.co.uk

Units 6-9 Alexandra Centre, Rail Mill Way, Rotherham United Kingdom

Category:
Business & Office

How would you rate MattressOnline.co.uk?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

19 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about MattressOnline.co.uk in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Beware the offer of two man delivery to any room of your choice. The drivers refused to carry my mattress up the stairs despite the fact there is a mattress of the same size on my bed so I know it is possible (I did it myself with a friend last time and I'm much older than the delivery drivers!) I too have now been charged £42 for the pleasure of none delivery that is not my fault."
"Bought a mattress when delivered it was shorter length/width.email them they said send us photograph with measurement tape which I did than they said they gonna have a word with manufacturers.after waiting a week no reply email them again than they asked for photo again send them second time.they keep saying it's a right size even pictures clearly shows but they not replacing it. It seems like I stuck with smaller mattress even paid for proper size mattress.wont recommend it to anyone."
"Chat facility worked very well. Knowledgeable guys advising. Price is good, and products great. What more do I want!"
"I wish I had checked the posts on this website before palcing an order with this company as I can see from other reviews that this company is very hit or miss. I was expecting a delivery from mattressonline which basically turned into a fiasco. The performance and attitude of the delivery company they used, Panther Logistics, was terrible. Essentially I missed the first delivery because their driver turned up early and unannounced.They then they called me to arrange delivery later in the afternoon and never bothered to show up. I contacted matress online to cancel, but they insisted on charging me for "transport costs". Totally hard-handed customer services, not focused on customer satisfaction at all - they were quick to hide behind their T+Cs which states "If the goods have left our premises, transport charges will be incurred. The customer is responsible for all transport costs, it is the responsibility of the customer to return the goods using their own transport to the address at the bottom of this page. Please note: our transport charges start from £35 + VAT"...what this essentially tries to do is absolve mattressonline of any responsibility for any incompetence on the part of delivery company which essentially leaves the customer exposed in the event of a problem and having to pay the price. This company would clearly rather hide behind their T+Cs and have the customer pay the penalty for poor service, than take the matter up with the incompetent delivery company they have employed. I've reported mattressonline to my credit card company - only way to deal with these people. A day off work wasted, and probably out of pocket too. Steer clear in my opinion."
Helen Tumbler
Verified Reviewer
"Having placed an order with Mattress Online at 12noon yesterday, the mattress arrived at 10:30 this morning to Central Scotland!! After placing the order I read the reviews on this site I know wrong way round. The reviews appeared to really slate this company hence my review they are in my opinion very professional from reciept of order to delivery kept very well informed. Would I recommend this company without any hesitation. Well done Mattress Online I suspect the negative reviews are just the usual moaning brigade. I would like to make clear I have no association with this company or any of its employees or directors. Thanks all at Mattress Online"
"Customer service abysmal. Delivery is £19.99 but to return a mattress unopened as the drivers couldnt get it up the stairs they charge £42!!! Upon contact they wont answer questions and send contadicting emails. Dont buy"
"I bought yerterday afternoon the mattress online and at night I 've got a text telling the delivery time was supposed to ,and this morning another text an Inam.liying on the mattress ! Is good quality for little price and free fast delivery. I recommende it ! Thanks mattressonlineuk!"
"Great value for money, purchased a 1500 pocket mattress that is both comfortable and supportive. Delivery is excellent, I could have had it next day but preferred the Saturday option. Kept informed throughout. Happy to recommend."
"Purchase this mattress, want to exchange it after 2 weeks which I was told I could do when I bought it. When I tried to return it, they would not exchange as the thick plastic cover that the mattress came in had been removed. I do not know how you can test a mattress for comfort with the thick plastic cover on. So in short the refund and exchange policy is worthless."
"We were happy with the mattresses we ordered but not with delivery. We were given a day on which it would arrive, stayed home from work especially to receive the order, but no one showed up, and we had no notification that it will not be arriving on this day. Two days later our mattresses were delivered and we had to speed back home to receive them. Not happy with this service."
"The Company is incapable to organise a delivery ( bear in mind never had a delivery failed at home ), the carrier and the customer representatives had no idea on how to correspond in order to fulfil delivery. We have been given wrong information multiple times and lied over the phone, even the Manager Chelsea was incapable to provide one correct response. At the end they returned the Mattress back to Warehouse and charged us for the shipping fees, that is a first time in life to be charged for someone else incompetence. Obviously, never again..."
"Worst Customer Service Experience Ever. They delivered a damaged mattress and after a long drawn out affair they replaced it with another damaged mattress. Now they are not responding to emails and I am left with having to look at taking a small claims action against them to resolve this. If something goes wrong mattressonline are just not interested in providing any positive form of customer care, just read the other negative reviews of this company if you need convincing! In the meantime an update will be posted online everyday on Twitter by @viiolethoney until this is resolved, we're now on day 30 on 29 May 2016."
"AVOID THIS COMPANY Having placed an order and heard nothing from them for a number of days, I decided to cancel. They want to charge me £21 to cancel for "credit card fees" despite not even having the mattress in stock yet! So they have taken the money for nothing and now want to charge me for the right to get it back again. Terrible service."
Claire Hughes
Verified Reviewer
"My mattress was delivered 30th Dec 2015 a (La Romantica - extra firm) to aid my back issue. Mattress is rock hard, like laying on a piece of wood. Called the customer service wanting an exchange as mattress is still in wrapper, to find out we would have to send an email with our requirements then post the mattress back to them (at our cost) before they would consider an exchange. There is no collect and exchange service and what if they do not agree.....we have no mattress and they have our money!!! Do NOT buy off them. Go the old fashion route and go into a shop to 'try and buy'. Their customer service and policies are not in favour of the customer at all. I will NOT recommend them. Very disappointed"
"DO NOT BUY From this company. Their customer service is shocking, and there is no after sales care. I purchased a mattress costing £509.95, and needed to reorganise delivery dates. I was told this was ok - product didn't arrive on the second agreed delivery date. I was informed the product was lost. I had to call the company 4 times on the delivery date, I was hung up on once, and was spoken to very rudely, and was informed it was the delivery companies fault. I asked for a refund - I am still waiting. The company insists I will incur a charge, but refuses to clarify how much - they keep referring me to their terms of sales section, which doesnt give a direct figure. I am left with no product and no money. They even said this was all my own fault! Buy from a reputable company."
Mr Ibraham Khan
Unverified Reviewer
"Great product choice, great delivery, second time i've used them. Can highly recommend."
"You can always tell how good a company is by how they rectify their mistakes. Unfortunately I had the wrong item dispatched, as soon as I notified them a new delviery day was organsied on a day that suited me. MattressOnline were very apologetic, speedy and proffesional in their approach to fixing the error. I would have no issues at all ordering again from them. Oh and the mattress itself is out of this world."
"Avoid this company at any cost. I ordered a Breasley mattress for £259 and was told it will be delivered on monday , took a day off work and mattress never arrived on that day , so phoned them up on tuesday and they said it will be delivered on wednesday , so I had to take another day off as they said it could be any time between 7am to 7pm . The mattress arrived on that day , when I opened it I noticed that it had a big hole on the back of it , the packaging was intact and as the mattress was rolled up in a bag it suggested that the damage was not due to transport, so I phoned them up straight away and sent some photos of the damage area and they said they will get back to me , then they said they are waiting to hear from the manufacturers so it can be repaired under warranty , I protested that I did not deal with the manufacturers and this is a matter between mattressonline and manufacturers . several emails was sent between us with no result , then I decided to take a closer look at the mattress and noticed that this is not even the mattress I had ordered , they had sent me one of their own brand mattress ( I ordered a Breasley and I received a Mattressonline brand) . Checked their web site and , the mattress they had sent me was advertised for £199 , £60 cheaper than the one I ordered . So I had to take more photos of the mattress and send it to them , they said they will exchange it for me , by this time I had had enough and asked for a refund and told them with appalling level of customer services I do not want to buy any thing from them . they refused to refund my money until they collect the wrong and damaged mattress first , which meant that I had to take another day off work , three weeks is gone since the problem started , the mattress is supposed to be picked up tomorrow and I had to put this heavy mattress in a bag and bring it downstairs . by dealing with a bigoted customer service person in that company the inconvenience and stress it caused me is indescribable , I intend to put a claim through the county court for loss of earning and all what I went through , so please avoid this company who seems to be run by a bunch of cowboys"
"Ordered a mattress from this company they offered a next day delivery but I paid £17.50 for a Saturday delivery this did not happen and then when I cancelled the order was charged £42.50 will never use them again. Customer service was very poor."
MattressOnline.co.uk is rated 2.47 based on 19 reviews