Marshalls Plc Reviews

of reviewers recommend Marshalls Plc
Read Marshalls Plc Reviews

About Marshalls Plc:

Marshalls is the UK's leading hard landscaping manufacturer and has been supplying superior natural stone and innovative concrete products to the construction, home improvement and landscape markets since the 1890s. Our name has become synonymous with quality; supplying prestigious landmarks such as Trafalgar Square, whilst also caring for the environment and communities in which we operate. We believe that the better our environment, the better we can be; we strive to create products that improve our landscapes and create happier and healthier communities.

For direct support with your Marshalls order or products, please use the Live Chat on our website (www.marshalls.co.uk/homeowners) or call the Customer Helpline on 03714542173. Both are available 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.

customeradvice@marshalls.co.uk

Amelia
Marshalls Plc 5 star review on 12th June 2021
Amelia
A Dunlop Landscapes
One of the packages from Marshall’s arrived damaged. The tub was cracked at the base , the package inside was also damaged leading to the slurry powder escaping.
Product - patio slabs- took weeks to be delivered and they were broken and too damaged to accept delivery when they did eventually come. Had to chase several times to get my money back. Never again !
Apalling service. I ordered 4 pallets (360 blocks) of croft walling. I was given a delivery date a week later so I prepared the ground to build the wall. At 3.15pm the day before delivery I received a phone call to say that only one pallet could be delivered and that the rest would not be available until 7weeks hence. Was the stock not checked when I ordered? I am now left with a lawn covered in soil and bags of gravel and sand waiting to complete the job. I cancelled the order and are now using a different company.
Terrible customer service
Hi Chris, we're sorry you've had an unpleasant experience. Please could you let me know your concerns so I can pass it onto the relevant team. Thanks, Jacob
Delivery lorry damaged our garden wall, footings and pavement causing me a lot of extra expense which Marshall’s claim they are not liable for. So a very bad experience for me.
Abysmal and unprofessional
The block paving sample that I received did not match the paving that I received. The composition of the sample was far superior to the final result that I was delivered. Most disappointed I sent a complaint email but have never received a response
Hi David, we're sorry to hear about this. Please could you email grouptechnicalservices@marshalls.co.uk, and we will investigate this for you. Thanks, Jacob
The delivery took months - literally. We did not know they were not shipping to us till we rang to find out where our bricks were. Twice! The person we spoke to at customer services seemed surprised that we were chasing our order, as if we didn't need the bricks.
At the time of purchasing their online consumer website was very new. However, it wasn't properly linked to stock and when I ordered two items, it took a lot of effort and phone calls to finally confirm things were in place. There seemed to be a huge amount of confusion between each department. When I arranged for a return, the cost would have been £75.00 for items worth £30.00! I was given an address to return the items which turned out not to be the right location. In the end, the site received them and I was refunded but it could have been done much simpler. I think in the rush to provide customers support during the pandemic, Marshalls had forgotten the logistics to ensure it was a frictionless purchase/experience.
Vitrified Paving. Dreadful experience. Despite all marketing literature and YouTube posts for simple brush in grout for the beautiful vitrified paving i purchased, Marshall’s sent their ‘new’ wet mix paving grout. What a mess. Concrete staining to the paving and eroded grout lines. When I asked Marshall’s technical/customer care dept for help, they couldn’t get rid of me quick enough...’not their fault...a installation error’. Decent paving, dreadful attention to detail and dreadful service. The measure if any company is when you do have a problem, what their response is. I just needed practical advice. They saw a problem they would rather not assist with and ran a mile.
When a company promises to deliver a product on a Tuesday, allowing us to lay said product on the Wednesday - it's not acceptable to just not deliver it until the Thursday without any attempts to inform us. Lost earnings due to your ineptitude.
TERRIBLE customer service and quality of product. I ordered two sets of Marshall's slabs and they bore no resemblance to each other in terms of colour. One set was a weathered grey as expected (Yorkstone) the other had large splashes of bright yellow in every slab. When I contacted customer service with photos explaining the problem - I was told that they were 'acceptable'. When I pointed out that I was not happy with what I had received as they did not blend together I was then told again that the slabs were 'acceptable' and that they would not exchange them. This was an expensive purchase and as a previous customer I thought I knew what I was getting, but this experience has been extremely disappointing. After much to-ing and fro-ing via email they have agreed to let me return the slabs but I am highly disappointed. I hope they stick to their word and collect the slabs and refund me, but I have had no apology for the inconvenience and a frustrating and tone deaf communication throughout fromMatthew Marshall in 'customer services'. I am left annoyed, frustrated, currently still out of pocket and feeling that no one cared or took me seriously. I do not recommend dealing with this company and if I could give no stars, I would.
Hello Emma, Thank you for your feedback, we have passed this onto our Customer Service Manager, who will be in touch shortly. I am sorry that you have experienced these issues. Thanks, Charlotte
Not great, I stall haven’t received my delivery and the track my order link doesn’t work.
Hi Jason, we're extremely sorry you've had a troubling experience. Please could you provide your name, contact number and an order number to - grouptechnicalservices@marshalls.co.uk and we will forward your information to our Transport Department, to investigate further? Thanks, Jacob
I ordered a couple of pallets of stone walling. When I ordered I stated that delivery could not be made by articulated truck as our house was remotely situated up a country lane. There was no further contact until the delivery driver phoned me to say that he was in an articulated truck and could not deliver to our house. I asked him to them back to the depot. Instead he dropped them in a farm yard about half a kilometre away. I now need to spend the weekend moving them by hand ...if I can find them.
We are extremely sorry for your experience, please could you provide your name, contact number and an order number to - grouptechnicalservices@marshalls.co.uk and we will forward your information to our Transport Department, to investigate further? Thanks, Jacob
they sent me wrong product, black instead of grey, i called them at least 7 times and never got proper reply, whats annoying no one take respsibility, everyone pick the phone and know its mistake they made they tell you "its sales department" or "its customer service" amanda handled my case, omg, she doesnt reply to her email, i call in the phone, her colleage sent her emails friday with super urgent to call back monday, came monday tuesday no one back to me. i really didnt expect such a low service and irresponsible
We are really sorry for your experience, this matter is being looked into by the relevant departments. We would like to assure you we take all issues seriously and this is being treated as a priority.
I was disappointed that my delivery details were not taken into consideration. My property has a shared gravel driveway on a slope, inaccessible to a tail lift and trolley. I requested the pallets be craned into my front garden instead. My previous purchase had been delivered this way, and and it was necessary to do so again. However, the courier arrived with standard tail lift and pallet trolley, and told me he had had no instruction or communication of my delivery requirements from Marshalls. We struggled to unload the pallets at the bottom of the drive, where I then needed to unpack and individually move the 60 paving slabs (nearly two tonnes) before my neighbours who share the driveway returned from the shops. I still need to move them up some steps and across the garden to where I asked them be delivered to begin with. Needless to say I am disappointed, as Marshalls mistake will cost me a vast amount of time and physical effort.
Hi Jonny, We are extremely sorry for your experience, please could you provide your name, contact number and an order number to - grouptechnicalservices@marshalls.co.uk and we will forward your information to our Transport Department, to investigate further? Thanks, Charlotte
We are sorry to hear that your delivery from Marshalls didn’t meet your expectations. We use a variety of vehicles to make deliveries and not all of these have hydraulic cranes. We will take your feedback on board for future deliveries to other customers
Beware the Marshall’s certified installer scheme is absolutely no guarantee of satisfaction or quality. After almost two years of emails, solicitors letters and a £2k expert report we are now in the process of issuing court proceedings against a Marshall’s certified driveway installation company based in Devon. We spent over £15k on a driveway that has been deemed not fit for purpose by a civil engineering expert witness as it does not follow building regulations or Marshall’s and industry guidelines. The problems we are experiencing range from scraping the underside of our vehicles due to poor layout, subsidence, and ineffective drainage. The Marshall’s resin coated Argent pavers are also breaking up as a result of the poor installation. The expert report importantly revealed incorrectly installed sub base and materials. The Marshall’s representative in our area was not at all helpful in fact quite the opposite. He did not remain impartial in an effort to resolve and rectify the situation but instead took the side of the installer from the outset even though the issues were clearly visible. This has left us with no option but to pursue through legal action in an attempt to recover the cost of re-installing the driveway and mounting consequential losses. The quality of workmanship and materials being used is clearly not being effectively monitored by Marshall’s and it would appear from our predicament that anyone even without the necessary skill and experience can be a Marshall’s installer as long as they use Marshall’s products - Beware, better still avoid!
Hi, all our staff endeavor to be polite, honest and equitable in any dealings with customers, we are sorry that you feel this was not the case. We are aware that there are legal proceedings ongoing between yourself and the contractor and therefore we cannot comment any further.
Pre-ordered product at the start of August had 6 pallets delivered told the next six were being made at the end of August, phoned up only to be then told end of September, phoned at the end of September to be told realistically looking at the middle of November. If I had known at the start I wouldn’t have ordered🤬 So now my drive is half finished so thanks Marshall’s. The website is still showing incorrect information with unrealistic delivery dates and is mis-leading customers which is contrary to trading standards.
Avoid!! Overpriced for low quality products that don’t look like the sample pieces. Recently ordered from a Marshall’s registered dealer- Porcelian vitrified paving in colour Arrento Bronze after seeing the sample which looked almost a chocolatey brown kind of shade but when the paving slabs were received they did not look anything like brown but looked rather like a cheap concrete grey slab. Marshall’s don’t want to take responsibility for the misleading colour of the swatch and the actual product itself.
Hi, we're sorry to hear you are unhappy with your purchase. We take all quality issues very seriously and we would like to discuss this further so we could rectify the issue. Please could you send your email address, phone number and order number so we can look into this for you. You can either email grouptechnicalservices@marshalls.co.uk or send us a private message. Thank you
Extremely disappointed We order 6 pallets only to receive 5, after weeks of back and forth, we were promised delivery on a set date for the remaining pallet for it not to turn up. We had arranged for our contractor to come twice to install but had to send them back and were charged for a days labour when no works were done as the materials had not arrived as per the delivery dates set. The customer service team do not exists - they have sent me from pillar to post. No replies to emails, no answer to calls, no call backs. Absolutely astonishing how a company this large operate.
Hi, we're sorry to read this review and would like to look into this for you as a matter of urgency. Please can you email your details to customeradvice@marshalls.co.uk with your postcode and telephone number. Thanks, Jacob
Marshalls Plc is rated 4.53 based on 677 reviews