Marriner Yarns Reviews

98% of reviewers recommend Marriner Yarns

About Marriner Yarns: Welcome to Marriner Yarns
Offering outstanding value and service has always been at the heart of what we do.

With a rich history, Marriner Yarns is Britain's oldest and, arguably, best-loved supplier of knitting yarns and accessories. Marriner Yarns is here to help you with all your knitting needs, like supplying you with our fantastic double knit yarn or our wide range of knitting patterns, we are always here to help.

info@marrineryarns.com

customer service
Sarah
"Loving this wool"
Yvonne
"Fabulous service and quality wool I make baby blankets and they always knit up fantastic Thanks"
AGNE SURBLYTE
"Excellent value yarns, quick delivery and personal service. All yarn for a rug came to £20. Winner!"
Featured Review
This review is set as featured by the company.
"I only buy my yarns from Marriner now, as I love the variety of colours, different weights all at an affordable price, delivery is very prompt reliable. I would and do recommend Marriner yarns to my friends and anybody who loves knitting and crocheting."
"VERT DISAPPOINTED. ITS A WEEK SINCE I PLACED MY ORDER, BEFORE 1PM SO IT WAS SENT OUT SAME DAY. AM STILL WAITING. I DID SEND A MESSAGE TO ASK WHERE WOOL WAS BUT DIDNT EVEN GET A REPLY."
"Falsely advertise orders placed before 1 pm will be dispatched the same day. Ordered Thursday morning, got my dispatch notification on Saturday morning. Following Wednesday called to find out where my order was, telephonist was uninterested and unhelpful. Order eventually turned up but after the poor/lack of customer service, I declined delivery and now awaiting my refund. Pity as the yarns looked good but I'd rather pay more at a competitor than tolerate bad service."
Hi Tania,

Thank you for your feedback.

We're really sorry to hear that you've not been satisfied with your experience shopping with us.

Orders placed before 1pm are dispatched the same day (subject to matters beyond our control occasionally). I can see from the tracking information that you order was delivered on 3/7/19, and can confirm that your order was received back with us yesterday (8/7/19) - please allow a few working days for the return to show on your account.

We are always reviewing our options and we are hoping to offer different delivery options at the checkout in the near future to give our customers more choice.

Regards

MY
"I placed my first order with marriner yarns on the 21st of June 2019.as to date I've not received it yet.dissapointed..."
"Terrible service. Ordered yarn that never arrived. Would not answer emails when I asked for a refund. When they eventually did answer them it took nearly a week to get my money back. Will never use again"
"You can’t even place an order from the United States. Can’t get past the processing button. It’s been 3 whole minutes and I can’t get past that page. I guess they do not want my order."
Hello Doreen,
I am afraid that we are not currently able to ship internationally.
Apologies for any inconvenience.
Kind regards, Caroline - MY
"Ordered yarn 3 weeks ago still not received. Emailed about 10 days ago, reply was looking into it but never got back to me. Very poor"
Hi Lyn,

We're sorry to hear that this happened. After getting in touch with us, this was immediately chased up with Hermes on the 2/5, who later declared the parcel as damaged in their network . Due to the bank holiday this process did take a little longer than usual so we do apologise. I can confirm that your replacement order has been dispatched via Royal Mail which will be with you today.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards

MY
"I ordered Marriner yarn. I was surprised and disappointed to receive Robin. If I had wanted that brand I would have ordered it. I won't be ordering again."
Dear Cheryl,
we have used Robin recently due to a Marriner stock shortage, as Robin is a very similar yarn to ours. However, your order should have been fulfilled with Marriner as I believe the pink is back in stock. I will check this tomorrow morning and I will be in touch to let you know if that's the case and we can send this out to you, otherwise we are happy to arrange a refund for you. I'm really sorry you were not happy with the Robin, and I will try to sort this out for you tomorrow.
Kind regards, Caroline - MY
"Don't know what the yarns like as it has not arrived yet, sent email which was responded to by the next day to say, check with my sorting office to see if it is there, if not wait until 10 days from order date are up and if not arrived get back in touch, 10th day is tomorrow, not at the sorting office so looks like getting in touch them again"
"I placed an order with marriners yarns a first time order I placed the order which the following day said it had been dispatched. Waited over a week no delivery. Sent an email asking what was happening to be told they could resend order I asked for a refund heard nothing back. So I decided to ring up and enquire, only to be spoken to rudely. Would not recommend this company at all."
"The quality of the wool supplied was very poor. My wife knits hats for premature babies at our local hospital and this wool is totally unsuitable for this. It varies in thickness and when knitted up there appears very uneven in the finished item. I will not be placing any further orders with Marriner Yarns"
Dear Mr Hambleton,
I am sorry to see that your wife is unhappy with the 4Ply cones for knitting premature baby garments. I can understand that it is important to have the best quality yarn to do this and we would not have recommended its use for this purpose. We have a huge number of customers who knit for charity, and most use our SuperSoft Baby yarn or standard DK depending on the projects.
I will send you a ball of our Supersoft for your wife to compare, and to make up for her disappointment with the suitability of the 4Ply.
Kind regards, Caroline - MY
"Very disappoionted in the cone of acrylic aran. Knots everywhere., more than I have ever had before. The yarn also parted. Not very nice to knit with."
"The company said they were sorry I didn't like the colours - no admission that they are not the colours the Irish rugby team play in!!!! Extremely poor customer service with the added insult to injury of suggesting I just don't use one of the colours they sent - terrible service!!!!"
"I sent for the Irish team colours for rugby. What I got was wool for a green, white and black stripey hat and scarf. I phoned and was told I saw what I was ordering on the website but I could return the wool at my own cost! DO NOT BUY IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR GENUINE IRISH RUGBY COLOURS!!!!"
Dear Sylvia,
I'm sorry you don't like the colours, however they are clearly shown on the product page photograph and again in the basket before an order is placed. A simple solution could be to leave out the black and replace with white, if you don't want to return the order for a refund.
Kind regards, Caroline - MY
"I am vert dissatisfied and let down.I ordered 26 ball of wool and the very first ball I used was full of knots ad if someone startef to knit ans rolled the wool around, three of the same colour feel extremely lumpy and I feel this is totally unacceptable. This was my first time using marriners as it was recommended by a good friend. I can provide photos."
Dear Mrs Wright,
we're sorry that you are unhappy with one of the Super Chunky balls. From the picture provided we cannot see any knots and the yarn looks nothing like how we send it out.
Perhaps you could forward clearer pictures to our Customer Service (info@marrineryarns.com) and we are more than happy to sort this out with you. As you can see from our feedback we pride ourselves in selling a good product to our many customers.
Kind regards,
Caroline - MY
"Order placed no confirmation only PayPal saying paid, if I should ever recieve this order I don't think I will be ordering again from here, I have emailed no response now here. I WONDER if this will get me a response"
Hi there,

As we mentioned in our private response, we are unable to look into further at the moment as you have left an anonymous review.

If you are able to contact us on 02920 837613 with further details we will be happy to look into getting this resolved for you asap.

Thank you for alerting us to this and we hop to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,

Marriner Yarns Team
"delivery was swift and thankyou for the sweets it was nice of you"
"I wasn't happy about downloading partens because I can't always open downloads when I want to knit it sucks I won't buy anything from you again"
Dear Ms Simbi,
I'm sorry that you are unhappy, it is clearly stated at the top of every pattern page and in checkout that our patterns are downloads, which makes them immediately available to print. Many of our customers like the speed with which they have access to the pattern to start knitting or crochet.
Kind regards, Marriner Yarns
"i have used marriner yarn now for a few years with no problem,but i have noticed that the last 12 months or so the quality of he dk isn't as good the thickness of the wool varies.i have just received an order for the new spotty wool and i must say i am very dissapointed in this.the wool is considerably thinner than dk yarn......."
"I don't remember getting an order from your company, nor can I find a record of it under My Acct on your website. Can you email me a copy of my order? Email to plumcrazy76039@yahoo.com"
"unfortunately I had to cancel my order as there was a problem with the courier and I didn't receive it"
Marriner Yarns is rated 4.88 based on 10,755 reviews