Marriner Yarns Reviews

98% of reviewers recommend Marriner Yarns

About Marriner Yarns: Welcome to Marriner Yarns
Offering outstanding value and service has always been at the heart of what we do.

With a rich history, Marriner Yarns is Britain's oldest and, arguably, best-loved supplier of knitting yarns and accessories. Marriner Yarns is here to help you with all your knitting needs, like supplying you with our fantastic double knit yarn or our wide range of knitting patterns, we are always here to help.

info@marrineryarns.com

Fountain Lane, Off Cypress Drive, St Melons

Category:
Arts & Crafts

Tell us how Marriner Yarns made you happy

customer service
TINA STEVENS
"I love Marriner Yarns! Sensible prices over a wide range of yarns! Some lovely buttons and great patterns. Of course they always have all the necessities for yarn-craft and their service is always exemplary. What's not to love?! The photo is of the king size blanket I made my daughter for Christmas, using Marriner yarns of course!"
Ann Davidson
"Wool just great. Such a marvellous choice. Use for trauma teddies for local children’s hospital. Service fantastic. Thank you Marriner Yarns"
ANNE P ADAIR
"Value for money, quick delivery, Knits up nicely"
Featured Review
This review is set as featured by the company.
"I only buy my yarns from Marriner now, as I love the variety of colours, different weights all at an affordable price, delivery is very prompt reliable. I would and do recommend Marriner yarns to my friends and anybody who loves knitting and crocheting."
"The quality of the wool supplied was very poor. My wife knits hats for premature babies at our local hospital and this wool is totally unsuitable for this. It varies in thickness and when knitted up there appears very uneven in the finished item. I will not be placing any further orders with Marriner Yarns"
Dear Mr Hambleton,
I am sorry to see that your wife is unhappy with the 4Ply cones for knitting premature baby garments. I can understand that it is important to have the best quality yarn to do this and we would not have recommended its use for this purpose. We have a huge number of customers who knit for charity, and most use our SuperSoft Baby yarn or standard DK depending on the projects.
I will send you a ball of our Supersoft for your wife to compare, and to make up for her disappointment with the suitability of the 4Ply.
Kind regards, Caroline - MY
"Very disappoionted in the cone of acrylic aran. Knots everywhere., more than I have ever had before. The yarn also parted. Not very nice to knit with."
"The company said they were sorry I didn't like the colours - no admission that they are not the colours the Irish rugby team play in!!!! Extremely poor customer service with the added insult to injury of suggesting I just don't use one of the colours they sent - terrible service!!!!"
"I sent for the Irish team colours for rugby. What I got was wool for a green, white and black stripey hat and scarf. I phoned and was told I saw what I was ordering on the website but I could return the wool at my own cost! DO NOT BUY IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR GENUINE IRISH RUGBY COLOURS!!!!"
Dear Sylvia,
I'm sorry you don't like the colours, however they are clearly shown on the product page photograph and again in the basket before an order is placed. A simple solution could be to leave out the black and replace with white, if you don't want to return the order for a refund.
Kind regards, Caroline - MY
"I am vert dissatisfied and let down.I ordered 26 ball of wool and the very first ball I used was full of knots ad if someone startef to knit ans rolled the wool around, three of the same colour feel extremely lumpy and I feel this is totally unacceptable. This was my first time using marriners as it was recommended by a good friend. I can provide photos."
Dear Mrs Wright,
we're sorry that you are unhappy with one of the Super Chunky balls. From the picture provided we cannot see any knots and the yarn looks nothing like how we send it out.
Perhaps you could forward clearer pictures to our Customer Service (info@marrineryarns.com) and we are more than happy to sort this out with you. As you can see from our feedback we pride ourselves in selling a good product to our many customers.
Kind regards,
Caroline - MY
"Order placed no confirmation only PayPal saying paid, if I should ever recieve this order I don't think I will be ordering again from here, I have emailed no response now here. I WONDER if this will get me a response"
Hi there,

As we mentioned in our private response, we are unable to look into further at the moment as you have left an anonymous review.

If you are able to contact us on 02920 837613 with further details we will be happy to look into getting this resolved for you asap.

Thank you for alerting us to this and we hop to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,

Marriner Yarns Team
"delivery was swift and thankyou for the sweets it was nice of you"
"I wasn't happy about downloading partens because I can't always open downloads when I want to knit it sucks I won't buy anything from you again"
Dear Ms Simbi,
I'm sorry that you are unhappy, it is clearly stated at the top of every pattern page and in checkout that our patterns are downloads, which makes them immediately available to print. Many of our customers like the speed with which they have access to the pattern to start knitting or crochet.
Kind regards, Marriner Yarns
"i have used marriner yarn now for a few years with no problem,but i have noticed that the last 12 months or so the quality of he dk isn't as good the thickness of the wool varies.i have just received an order for the new spotty wool and i must say i am very dissapointed in this.the wool is considerably thinner than dk yarn......."
"I don't remember getting an order from your company, nor can I find a record of it under My Acct on your website. Can you email me a copy of my order? Email to plumcrazy76039@yahoo.com"
"unfortunately I had to cancel my order as there was a problem with the courier and I didn't receive it"
"I have yet to receive my order. I hope to change my review when I do receive it."
"Wool was sent to the wrong same address twice, I excepted the mistake the first time, but was furious to fin it had been done a second time. I had used mariner many times before without any trouble, but not sure I will use it again Very disapointed"
"I ordered a knitting pattern on Sunday 4/3/18, but I haven’t received it. I am waiting to order the wool from you, but, without the pattern, I can’t do anything, so I am very disappointed, vera saunders"
Hi Vera. Patterns purchased from our website are downloadable only. To access your pattern, please log in to your account, click the third option to view purchased patterns, then select the pattern you would like to download. If you have any problems please drop us an email and we'll be more than happy to help. - Gareth, Marriner Yarns
"This happened some years ago. I bought some acrylic/wool yarn from Marriner. The quality was extremely poor. When I complained, I was told that it was a a manufacturing problem. The reply was rather curt. No offer of a refund was made. No solution was offered. I have not ordered anything since this happened. Plenty of other yarn stores online. I have found that all have better customer service than Marriner."
Hi
Thank you for your email.
We’re sorry to hear you've not had a good experience when using our yarn in the past. We endeavour to use the highest quality products and always do our utmost to minimise faults in our yarns. As you can see from our reviews we have outstanding customer feedback and hope that you would rethink giving our yarn a try again in the future.

Kind Regards

The Marriner Yarns Team
"I’ve asked for my patterns to be sent to me of which I was told that would be dealt with straight away and I’m still waiting so I would like my money back and I won’t use your service again"
Hi Lynda,

I've checked the information on your order and there's a note stating that the patterns were posted out to you earlier today. They should be with you shortly.

Kind Regards,

Gareth
The Marriner Yarns Team
"have not received patterns I ordered still waiting please let me know whats happened to them thanking you. carol tremeer"
Hello,
Thanks for your email. We are sorry you did not receive your patterns.
Please go onto our website www.marrineryarns.com and retrieve them by following these steps:
1) Click “My Marriner” at the top of the page
2) Login in to your account by entering you email address and password
3) Click onto “View Patterns” – Every pattern you have ordered will be here.
4) Select your chosen Pattern
5) Click onto “Download” and your pattern will begin to download to your computer.
If you have any problems, feel free to contact us and we will gladly help you.
Happy Knitting!
Kind regards
The Marriner Yarns Team
"still waiting for my order which was supposedly sent on Nov 29th I am a new buyer and so am not at all impressed"
Hi Audrey,

We are sorry to hear that your order hasn't arrived and apologise for any inconvenience caused. Can you please email us at info@marrineryarns.com and we will resolve this immediately for you.

Kind regards

Marriner Yarns team
"The yarn I received was not the colour as described on your website. I have emailed you regarding this and have received an apology by return to say that you will be hopefully sending the correct colour I ordered. I am now awaiting this yarn"
"The item was marked as dispatched on the Monday after the order. When it had not arrived by Thursday I sent an email to ask where it was. This was not answered and I had to send another email before I was told it wasn't actually dispatched until the Thursday. I arrived on the Saturday a week after I had ordered. The quality of the yarn is not good. I am doing a blanket with the Midget wool and the quality is terrible. The light blue wool has black fluff on it making it look dirty and the wool has knots in it."
Marriner Yarns is rated 4.87 based on 9,226 reviews