Maplin Reviews

9 Temple Street

Category:
Business & Office

Click Here

Tell us how Maplin made you happy

"Total disinterest in what I wanted to buy, not the slightest bit helpful."
"Fantastic service from store staff that have a primary desire to help you solve a problem rather than sell you a product. Great tech knowledge."
"A large range of electrical components for little hobbies and great friendly staff!"
"DONT BUY FROM MAPLIN IF YOU WISH TO KEEP YOUR ARMS AND LEGS HANDS AND FACE IN ONE PIECE Absolutely appalling company... so I buy a phantom 4 pro drone new and take home. Turn on at home and controller starts to seriously over heat. So hot that basically can not hold the controller. And is buzzing like a battery ready to vent/explode. These are lipo batteries and any issue with these can be very serious. So I call the store in sittingbourne the next morning to tell them and they never called back so next day I call back. To be told try to fly it and see if helps. So following these instructions I did and screen started to render and go green on controller. Next day I take it back to store to be told they do not exchange or refund and have to send it off to head office. Even though my product was faulty from the word go. Un happy but no choice I send back via store to head office. 11 days later my drone is returned to sittingbourne store telling me there is no fault even though dji told me should get no hotter then 40c. This controller gets between 44-50 c with a lipo battery installed. If this battery was to vent out and swell would blow a hole in me or my family's body's. Maybe even death but maplin don't care as long as they are ok.... they refuse to exchange for a working product or refund. So now I'm forced to take legal action rather then have a product that works correct I paid £1700 for. Think about my experience and do you really want to buy from a company that basically sells you a 1700 pound paper weight and don't care if serious injury comes to you as long as they sell you something."
"I just bought a keyboard that announced in their website. It should be in blue colour as they pictures (and regarding the description not say anything). So now the are saying it is my fault that the description shows the make model number and I should check that!!!! Come on... Misleading publicity. They are really good in that."
"Really bad customer service, returns policy, and rude unhelpful advisors. Being told items would be sent for a specific date to an address confirmed by an advisor the company send to not even my local store, on a much later date and will not accept returns. Please do yourself a favour, even if it costs more - buy elsewhere. You get more support and assistance buying on eBay. From one (previously happy) shopper at maplin I will now never use them again. A sham."
Tim
"Excellent knowledgeable service"
"Purchased an item online. Was made available very quickly and very well informed when ready for collection. Great service."
"I had an awkward problem to do with cable that needed solving. The staff member was enthusiastic and knowledgeable and really helped me sort it. To paraphrase Arnie, I will be back."
"Always very helpful staff, makes finding the parts I need very easy."
"They haven't really. Told me in the shop there is a 30 day 'no quibble' guarantee, but have now said that the shop were wrong, it doesn't cover drones!"
"Good equipment at a reasonable price with great inshore help and advice."
"Staff in store are always very helpful and know a great deal about their stock A+++"
"They have almost everything I needed, but when asked about a price match on 1 item, they price matched them all saving me nearly 40% on the whole purchase; it was worth asking! Staff in the store are always helpful and knowledgeable."
"The staff in Maplin are always really helpful and have a chat with you. It's just a shame a lot of the products are no longer available in store so you have to order onlin and wait for delivery. Prices are more expensive than pc world ect so I will be changing where I buy my pc parts."
"Staff are always welcoming, very helpful and seem to know what they are talking about......Mark in particular."
"Stock, advice good."
"Maplin obviously train their people well, as they are helpful and knowledgeable. If you don't need help, they leave you to wander round the store."
"Friendly staff Had niche product (Raspberry pi) in stock"
"I NOW DO NOT TRUST MAPLIN'S OWN REVIEW SITE, as they appear to reject any reviews that criticise them. I bought a drone costing approx £1,000 and decided within a few days that I should return it, box seal unbroken and immediately did so, Their policy appears to confirm that refund would be within 14 days. Despite contacting Mapline (see copy of a correspondence below) no refund of money yet and I am now in the 4th week!! I tried to leave a poor review on their site and they rejected it as it was a complaint about their customer service.(I had already contacted their customer service but no apparent action). From: Maplin Social Customer Service Sent: 17 April 2017 12:23 To: ts.simpson@hotmail.co.uk Subject: RE: BV_Customer_Service_Review_Action Good Afternoon Thomas Thank you for contacting Maplin I would like to apologise on behalf of the store and Maplin for the delay in your return. I can confirm your product is currently on the way back to ourselves to be verified as resaleable. Your return reference is RTXF42094 Once this has been received a refund will be processed. Should you have any further questions in the mean time, please don't hesitate to contact us. Kind Regards Brian Maplin Customer Service t: 0333 400 9500 From: reports@bazaarvoice.com Sent: 2017-04-17 10:46:19 To: social.cs@maplin.co.uk Subject: BV_Customer_Service_Review_Action Customer Services Reviews Moderation Status: Rejected Review type: Only reviews ModeratorCodes: CS, VAC Review Details: (Open in Bazaarvoice) 04/15/2017 [Review ID: 1031690874] Overall Rating: 1 stars Review Title: Disappointing returns process Decided to return article with seal unbroken. Took to Belfast store in packing box that it came in. Asked assistant to look at article box to agree that seal was unbroken but he refused and taped up the packing box. Policy states that returns will be dealt with within 14 days. On 12th day I contacted their head office and they were not aware of return and had to check and ring me back. On coming back to me it appears that item was still in Belfast but would be dealt with promptly and someone would ring back to update me. Now 15 days after it was returned and no word back never mind the refunding of approximately £1,000. Just glad that I have credit card protection as it appears it may be needed. Totally shocked at this extremely poor service and causing stress with the outlying money. Reviewed on DJI Mavic Pro 4K Quadcopter Drone Additional Review Information: Reviewer ID: 72pwqrirbfsj84wstsqka24qu Nickname: Thomas Email Address: ts.simpson@hotmail.co.uk Verified Purchaser: Yes Location: Belfast, United Kingdom"
Maplin is rated 3.63 based on 71 reviews