MCrecycle.com Reviews

M&C
Unit 3 Willow House
River Gardens
Feltham,

Tell us how MCrecycle.com made you happy
Sent in phone. I had been using it perfectly up until the day I posted it to them. Then I get an email saying the battery doesn't hold charge so they want to only pay pennies, or I have to pay to have it returned. Not sure how I was using it every day with a battery that doesn't hold charge! Avoid this company at all costs!
Absolute con... They said one of my phones was faulty and I know 100% it wasn't. Also reduced price on BOTH phones I sold them. I will never use them again... Certainly not to be trusted.
I returned my phone in perfect condition then was informed that the price offered was reduced by £25 because of deep scratches on the front, which was not true at all!
JUST ISSUED A CCJ AGAINST THEM!!

I would avoid at all costs. I am currently in the process of taking them to court and today they have had a County Court Judgement made against them.

Long story short my phone got ‘lost’ in transit but because I used their postage bag they needed to make the claim through royal mail. (On their website it says any phone valued over £150 will be covered for £500, my phone was valued at £152.50) They refused to even make a claim after having a three way call with Royal Mail and after a few weeks offered me £50!! I always get through to the same person in customer services who knows nothing about anything and Adam Ullah (registered director) is never at the business or will take calls.

I am currently in the process of organising enforcement officers to attend their trading address and recover my money.
I should have read the reviews first! What an idiot, they are complete scam artists - lure you in with a good price then hold your equipment hostage by saying you should accept about 15% of their initial offer or pay them to return it to you! Crooks!
AVOID AVOID AVOID! HAVI G SENT AN S7 EDGE IN PERFECT CONDITION VALUED BY MC RECYCLEAT£120.00 I GET THE EMAIL IT APPARENTLY HAS DEEP SCRATCHES TO THE SCREEN AND "OTHER ISSUES". THEY NOW WANT TO ONLY OFFER £85.00 This is where they get you, I like most did not want another 7 days hassle of returning and sending itoff again to another company. To the people. That want to do deal with an honest company because I know for a fact that the my phone was not damaged AVOID also it states payment sames dayas they receive your phone it is not. TRADING STANDARDS WIL BE NOTIFIED.
shocking! stay away . Really nice phone they said cracked screen Alec. offered £30 instead of £105 . got £35 as didn't need the hassle of court etc . Dont deal !!!!! ever
AVOID THIS COMPANY. Was originally offered £120 for my phone, when they received it they lowered my offer to £90 saying that there was scratches. One owner in a case, i don't think so. As it was easier i excepted the offer.They paid into my PayPal account 90 euros, this didn't equal my £90 offer. they tried to say it had been paid into a European account, if this was so i would not of got the same amount od euros as pounds. It cost me to get my money and didn't end up being the full £90 as they quoted!!! BUNCH OF CON'S DO NO USE.
Original offer of £100 was reduced to £25. Stating there was a red glow in the background. The phone was not like this when I sent it. This was damage caused by them. Had to chase them up to get my phone returned now I have a faulty phone due to them. Absolute cowboys. Do not send your phone to them.
I was offered an amount for my phone and following their 'testing' was offered 30 pounds less. There are no marks or stratches on the phone and it is not damaged. I have only had the phone for a few months. There is nothing wrong with the phone! I now have to pay 3-4 pounds to have the phone returned. I'm now out of pocket. This is basically a con. DO NOT USE!
Quite a good price initially offered, but then discounted due to a few marks on the outer case. Payment by PayPal then attracts a PayPal charge (other sites don't) so you end up with about 20% less than what they originally promised.
fast payment excellent service
I posted my review prior to Christmas. Stated then don't trade with them. Sharp practice, untrustworthy they deserve to have no custom in my opinion
Have to echo a lot of the comments here I'm afraid. Was offered a good price so sent it in and on arrival MC Recycle claim it has serious issues including scratches and that the back is loose! This phone has had 1 owner, me. It has been kept in a leather case and was in immaculate condition. Luckily I documented the fact in case there were any issues. I have requested a return and will be contacting trading standards. Please avoid. Use a reputable company such as MusicMagpie or 02 Recycle.
They originally quoted £125 on the website for my phone. My phone was in PERFECT condition, then when it arrived to them they said it had a sudden 'deep scratch' and 'dents' on it and would only give me £70 for it. I refused the offer and they put the offer up to £80. I refused that and said minimum I'd accept is £100 which they accepted to start with. They then said they were sending me the money, then when pressed a day or so later, they declined and said they were sending it back to me for free. This whole saga spanned across a week and I had no idea what was going on, if I was ever going to get it back or be scammed. Only from hassling them did I eventually get it back and it was in the same perfect condition I originally sent to them.

My advice is to avoid this company and go with a bigger one like O2 Recycle which I have done and got the same amount of money for. I regret this entire experience. When they decided not to respond to me for a day or two, I looked around and found similar reviews.
Phone was sent in perfect working order, yet claimed to have damaged screen and chipped corner. If it had of been damaged as described, I would not have bothered sending it in. I'll go back to using O2 for trade-ins; they give honest valuations and don't renege on them when you send the phone in.
I suspected all along something like this would happen using an outfit like this and they've proved me right. Still, lesson learned
Wish I could give no stars. Worst company ever. Initial offer was for £68 each for two perfectly good phones. This was then reduced to £50 and £55 as the screens were scratched according to them. Initially, we requested the phones back but the fact that we would have to pay at least £3 in postage for each phone and they were ignoring my emails I decided to accept the offer. Again, I was told the money would be transferred by 7pm that evening but had to contact them again. The money was finally transferred but an additional amount was deducted as a 'fee' which was never mentioned. Complete rip off. Would not recommend them ever.
Have you seen when the last time this company had a 5 star review that is verified? Months back - Tells you something dont you think.
DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY
This company has in my opinion lied on a number of occasions re damage of my phone, They have changed their mind in how they have reduced my offer. They have stated they have shown photographs of my phone which they have not. It appears they have unpacked it and examined it in dirty conditions and I believe this may have attributed scratches (if it was my phone that they took photos of). My intention is to contact Trading Standards. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY wish I had researched it further as 25% of reviews have given it 1 STAR. They intice you by offering more and then delivering a lot less.
Sent my phone on Thursday and got paid on Friday at the amount quoted = great service!
MCrecycle.com is rated 3.66 based on 337 reviews