LycaFly Reviews

of reviewers recommend LycaFly
Over A Week

Tell us how LycaFly made you happy
I wouldn't give any stars If i could, I've been waiting since march too 5 months for a refund. However dont believe them when they say waiting for the airline, I have written evidence with transaction number confirmation that the airline refunded my money to lycafly on the 29th July.
I sent them this information in email and still not recieved my money back.

I believe the company are committing theft, I spoke to someone on the phone & before they even had my booking details they called the airline liars, what a unprofessional company this is.

I have had no choice but to get a lawyer and they have recorded everything, even the conversation I've had with them.

Please do not use this company
LycaFly COVID19 Refund Status Update – 10th of September 2020

As we’re now almost through the worst of the refund processing delays I wanted to provide an update with regards to the current situation..

Since the Pandemic started we’ve processed over 10,000 ticket refund applications (through a very manual IATA process!), of these we’ve received ~80% of the funds back from the airlines and whilst we have a small processing backlog (impacted by the pure volume of refunds that have been received back over the past few weeks), we’re almost up-to-date with processing all of the refunds that we’ve received back through to our customers!

Of the ~20% of refund applications that we haven’t received back yet, there are a small number of airlines who are still delaying refunds – Air India, Sri Lankan Airlines, Thai Airways, Etihad Airways, Oman Air, Avianca and a few others (despite the refund applications being submitted some months ago!), we are regularly chasing these airlines to ensure that we get our customers refunded as quickly as we possibly can!

As a Travel Agent, we immediately pass payment onto your chosen airline when you make a booking with us, in order to refund customers we’re reliant on our airline partners actioning refund requests we send them and then passing the funds back to us to enable us to credit you back. Unfortunately, given the volume of refunds being processed by our Airline partners they have a refund processing backlog that is resulting in delays in passing funds back to us to enable us to refund our customers, typically pre-pandemic refunds would take 4-8 weeks from the date of request, unfortunately the pandemic and the volume of refunds being processed have had a major impact on historical expectations with regards to processing timelines which has made it incredibly difficult for us to set expectations for our customers!

We wanted to take this opportunity to reassure you that we’re still continuing to put as much pressure as possible on our airline partners to expedite any outstanding refunds, and although we’ve seen delays we are processing refunds as quickly as possible once we’ve received your funds back.

Please accept my huge apologies for any inconvenience or hardship these delays might be causing you if you’re still waiting for a refund!, but we are doing everything in our power to ensure that all refunds are processed as quickly as possible.

Stay Safe and Well !

Stuart Newman
Managing Director
Absolutely awful service. waiting for a refund since March for Sri Lanka flights. Was told 6-8 weeks then 10 weeks for refund to be paid, it is now 18 weeks absolutely awful.

just want my money back its ridiculous, Cannot speak with anyone on the phone. Trying to get proof that refund has been placed without no success. Keep on blaming airline for not making refund. I keep asking how long do we wait for. Awful customer service would never use these again.

just want back what is mine !!!!!
DISGUSTING SERVICE!!
If you paid by credit card then contact them asap and ask them to start a charge back.
You are entitled to a FULL REFUND and do NOT have to accept a travel voucher.
They tried their best to fob me off but I got my refund in the end.
It will take numerous weeks but well worth it.
was meant to fly to Sri Lanka in Feb and am still waiting for my refund nearly 6 months later, my point of contact Sethi Pooja just keeps saying they have the money from the airline and are waiting for the finance department to send it on, this has been going on for months. Now not even replying!!!
I have been waiting for a refund from Lyca Fly since late March when my flight to the Philippines scheduled for April was cancelled. I have over 18 emails back and forward from the rep Himanshu Wadhwa. He confirmed that Lyca Fly had been given the refund money from Philippine Airlines over 2 months ago and said I would receive it within 7-10 days. Every single week I have followed up asking for an update of when I will receive my money. He is now no longer replying. This is an absolute disgrace.
Don’t use them.
They will not refund your money.
On top of that customer services is rubbish.They keep lying to customers. Go and check their twitter account too full of complains.
Its been six month and i haven't received my return yet.
They will not answer you email or will never call you back.
So please spread the message and save other people money.
Worst customer service don’t use them ever
These people have had my money Form the airline and have not yet refunded me!!!!!!!
DO NOT use these people their customer service is appalling! Would give no stars if I could!!!
I wish there was half stars option for review.

My flight was cancelled in April and I ask for refund, they said I have to wait for 6-8 weeks, they have to get fund back from airline! Didn’t get anything after 9 weeks And then I was told I have wait up to 10 weeks.
it's been 13 weeks and I am yet to receive a penny, since 12th of April chasing them on emails but nothing!
So disappointed.
don’t book your holiday with them, don’t waste your time and money.
I will keep this short. I had all sorts of grief trying to get a full refund. I was told I would have to have a travel voucher. After numerous emails to an unhelpful female at Lycafly, I contacted my credit card company. So if you want a refund it is LAW and you are entitled to it. You do NOT have to accept a voucher.
Contact your card provider and they will send you a form. Fill and return. You will have to wait six weeks plus but you WILL get your refund.
same story here. it's been 16 weeks and I am yet to receive a penny on my £900 flight, despite numerous chasers on emails and phone call - nothing!

question - what alternative method do we have to claim our money back? do we need need to go through financial ombsumen, credit card company? Any advise will be appreciated.

Still waiting for my Refund, miss sold ticket by Agent.
i booked flight to egypt and my flight cancelled. they phoned me and cut £400 from £2900 due the cancellation, although it is not my fault. the cancellation come through british airways
I applied for refund as in april the airline cancled their flight and since now iam struggling to get my refund back spoke to the airline malaysian airline by giving them their reff num they said the agency did not applied for refund iam sure ita that as lyca fly is not a credible comoany and they speak lie also they dont give reply on their emails and dont call back too
I will never leave my money with them its 990 hard earn money i will get it back
Lycafly like many other travel agents are suffering reputation loss due to many airlines taking excessive time refunding customers for cancelled flights. The covid 19 crisis has inandated airlines with claims and often they are taking 8 weeks or more. Lycafly have kept me informed and updated and I'm confident are making every effort to progress my refund. I have booked with them several times before the covid pandemic and always had great service.
Terrible agent. they only will respond you immediately until you make the full payment. once they received the payment they will never respond to your any queries.
DO NOT BOOK THROUGH LYCAFLY I booked a flight through Lycafly which was cancelled over 7 weeks ago. I contacted Lycafly who told me that I would have to wait 6 to 8 weeks for a refund despite there being a legal requirement to refund within 7 days of a flight cancellation. After 6 weeks I chased my refund up as I had not received it or heard from Lycafly. I asked when I could expect the refund but they refused to give me a date and tried to say that I would have to wait 10 weeks. I now have to issue court proceedings to recover my money.Disgraceful company, poor communication and clearly not willing to operate within the law. There are lots of other negative reviews from other unhappy customers on here and on Trust Pilot
i didnt get my refund nealy 2 months now
They would not refund despite flight cancellation, a real battle to get anywhere with them
LycaFly is rated 1.40 based on 102 reviews