LMB Loft Conversions Reviews

lmb-lofts@reviews.adtrak.co.uk

167 Shirley RoadCroydon

Vanessa Callus
Verified Buyer

Best thing we ever did. Built to a very high standard and my new area is admired by all who visit. Thank you LMB.
Verified Buyer

Large loft conversion on bungalow. Project completed on time. Workmen/trades arrived as arranged. Works were completed with minimal disruption. Very happy with the end result.
Alan

LMB Contract / REF number: 2016-10-0338

No idea if these reviews on here are genuine or not and I am pretty sure LMB have done good jobs in the past but I can only comment only my experience factually:

- Rear ground extension - Project management non existent. Builders hadn’t a clue how big the door opening should be , and could not even build symmetrical parallel walls - out by 3-4 cm at widest point (slight problem for floor tiler!)
- Rear extension roof taking around 2 weeks to do yet left unfinished. and not properly done
- Lintel for rear extension left dangerous and undone. (At least they could've put the bricks back!).
- MD Lee Murphy Constantly demanding money even when next stage of contract had not been completed (in this case , stairs needed to be completed for next payment). According to two surveyors before stairs were in, the whole loft extension should of had a water tight roof and insulated walls before stair installation. This a standard regulation in the industry which should of been implemented here before installation and demanding of money.
- Theft of items on site by contractors with police called. Mr Murphy even went to his carpenter accusing me of stealing his items! I even have the carpenters Whatsapp messages calling me ‘evil’ to prove this!!!!!!!
- Inadequate equipment supplied to LMB staff with carpenter falling off unstable ladder. Even had to help the roofer to the car and help him with certain aspects of work, all of which I should not have done!
- Roofing beams for rear extension slope roof not even touching walls. So had to force Lee to get it done properly. Why was I in this position in the first place?
- An enormous amount of rubbish on scaffolding. yet refused to get a skip claiming he hasn't got enough money for skip or materials ( receipt docs and can be easily proven with Whatsapp messages). Rubble subsequently fell from there narrowly missing my father.
- Contractors CONSTANTLY complaining of NOT GETTING PAID. How the hell does that make us feel after giving money to LMB?????!!!!! Even had to pay one of the contractors directly and minus it of the total amount owed to LMB. Ridiculous. This can be proven with signed receipts from them and him

After giving up on LMB I decided to pull the contract. After which:
- Threats by his solicitor trying to take me to court even when next stage of hadn't been completed (as per contract). As in the letter , apparently I gave no reason as to pulling the job ?! More lies fed to the solicitor I guess.
- BTW, Lee don’t be childish by showing your solicitor John all the nice conversations we had. If you want, talk to me face to face and don’t hide behind your solicitor and we can go to court and ask Whatsap for full undeleted transcripts.
- Lee Murphy had threats to take scaffolding down when roof hadn't been completed or sealed watertight when two elderly pensioners reside inside.
- Claimed he owned the materials on the driveway , so decided to take them away. so Police were called. He even took the staircase , claiming it was his :-) Proof of how I paid for it, I easily can be prove in court . Even have Lee on CCTV and microphone on drive him taking the stuff which I will release when necessary.
- Also, he told his workers to call me to offer a service to finish the job for double the price with him taking his cut. They can all back me up. Disgusting.

There is actually a lot more I could write up on...and all will come out in due course with the necessary evidence(or/if this goes to court). All of above can be proved with screenshots of FULL Whatsapp messages, text messages, CCTV recordings, police reference numbers, etc... and Mr Murphy cannot refute any of it

I actually think Lee is a sound family guy, and just lost his way in life and given into pressure and greed, and believe me I have seen it all to often in business. LMB are expensive and thought that extra money would relieve some stress off the family. In fact the total opposite happened and I should never of been in this position.

I am only writing this as his solicitor John Tsoukkas of Dollman and Pritchard (01883347823) ref JT/pa/LMB2.14 sent me another letter a few days ago- probably to try to scare me or shut me up. Make up your mind , first you want to take me to court and the next you don't. Just so childish.

Alan Yong

Elaine Tait
Verified Buyer

Having decided upon a loft conversion we researched three companies in our area including LMB . When Lee the owner came on his initial visit he in formed he converted two lofts on our road . After viewing them we were convinced we would be choosing the best company , as they were both finished to a high standard .

We are very happy with the extra space it has provided and will enjoy many hours in our new bedroom including our en-suite . We upgraded from french doors to bi-fold doors and metal Juliet to glass , lee was helpful in assisting with our decision making .

We had a couple of issues, but these were quickly and amicably resolved to our satisfaction . Although we are not architects we were able to draw accurate plans of the layout , we are pleased that the finished room was exactly as imagined . All the trades people were efficient, friendly and respectful of our home .

We are extremely happy with the final result result therefore have no hesitation in recommending LMB

E & P , tait

Croydon

Gary Jordan
Verified Buyer

Just like to comment on LMB who converted my loft recently ,met with the owner - Lee who gave me a assessment of how much and how long it would take.....
The scaffolding went up the day it was suppose to and everything went well after that . Each trade came and preformed when they were here. We tweeted design midstream and the team accommodated our wishes with no problems and advised us on best options through the build . We agreed stage payments with LMB and agreed payments were made after consultation with the owner and no issues at all . As someone who works in construction but not loft conversions I recognised the problems some builders have and when the owner gave me the program of works I thought he was being ambitious but I have to say LMB carried out all works agreed extras within the timescale . All the work completed were of high standard and the only time we were in delay was because of the decisions they were waiting for me to to make .when having a loft converted or any building works done in your house you are inviting strangers in and taking part in a process you may not fully understand that you are paying for .......
With this in mind sometimes the the process is fraught and it may worse before it gets better ....... This was not the case with LMB and issues were ironed throughout the build with not even a cross word . Please take this as a honest review of works carried out on time , on budget
With total communication from the owner at all times to very high standard in conclusion I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending LMB lofts for your works
And appreciate there professionalism from scratch to finish , including design planning , build , completion and hand over all with in the contract programme
Yours sincerely
GJ
Shirley , croydon
Evelyn Wilson
Verified Buyer

My husband and I are very pleased with the work that was carried out in constructing our loft . They were neat , pleasant and competent workmen and at the end of each day saw to it that our loft was well covered so as not to be exposed to the wind and rain .they were also very helpful and trustworthy especially as we had to leave them to lock up while we visited my mum who was very ill in hospital . When she passed they stopped their work for that day as a mark of respect and this we greatly appreciated . We wish LMB all the best in the future . Mr & Mrs G.B.wilson , Croydon
Jack Muggeridge
Verified Buyer

LMB carried out a superb conversion to our 1950's 2 bed detached bungalow . We now have a upstairs ! , consisting of huge master bedroom with en-suite , an office and storage areas . LMB completed on time , with no ( additional ) surprises ! , there electrical and plumbing contractors were also very cooperative - in designing and upgrading the old systems and incorporating new circuits and outlets ect . Without any hesitation , we would recommend LMB Loft conversions Ltd
Mr & Mrs muggeridge , Orpington , Kent
Almaz
Verified Buyer

Overall we had a good experience with LMB . The work was completed on time and within budget .
Lee visited the site regularly . All tradespeople were polite and on time.
Almaz
Bromley , Kent
Gaynor
Verified Buyer

We recently had a loft conversion and additional building work by LMB , we are very pleased with the finished loft we now have two rooms and extra toilet it was completed very quickly .

The initial build was quick and we were impressed we had the floor skeleton outlines of the rooms and stairs with in a week .

Lee managed the job courteously and asked our opinion every step of the way and all tradesmen he used were high quality . Particularly the carpenters and painter and decorator, there experience in this kind of build was obvious due to the efficiency of the whole process .

All off LMB staff were polite and got on with there work without disturbing us which was particularly good as my husband works from home and he was in the house when the work was taking place
They always left the house tidy when they left

The work was off high standard and the office ensured that the whole process was painless
Informing us in good time we had to pay fees and keeping informed what was happening

LMB also removed two chimneys breasts which took place when we were away again LMB work quickly and efficiently to complete the job and we were delighted with the way they have transformed our house .

Mr Mrs pilbeam ,
Purley

Vladica
Verified Reviewer

We love the new loft space that LMB have created for us. They demolished our existing two dormers and replaced it with a beautiful new loft, complete with two bedrooms and two en-suite shower rooms.

We chose LMB based on their experience, their value for money and Lee's personal involvement and commitment as the owner. We also viewed a completed project of theirs where we were impressed with the level of finish.

All the tradespeople were skilled, efficient, reliable and friendly. The quality of workmanship was very high. As on all builds, there were surprises and minor issues along the way, but LMB dealt with all of them professionally. Dave, our project manager, was a pleasure to work with and visited us once a week to ensure we were all on the same page.

We are extremely happy with the finished product and we'd have no hesitation in recommending LMB to others.
Paul Oneil
Verified Buyer

Thanks to all the team at LMB loft conversions
You have done great job in creating my dusty loft
To a master bedroom and en-suite , clean , quick ,
Quality work and would recommend your company .

Paul ,

Croydon

A Standish
Verified Reviewer

My husband and I were extremely satisfied with our loft conversion. The service we received from start to finish was friendly and professional and the end result was delivered on time to a high standard. Would certainly recommend this company.
Shakil Ukani
Verified Reviewer

like most,we were pretty daunted at the prospect of having a loft conversion.after all, its one of the single biggest expenses you can take on.add to that,the stories you hear regarding the mess, disruption to your house ,builds overrunning ect, dont forget you got builders traipsing all over your house for weeks on end so its fair to say we did our homework, spoke to several companies and viewed a number of loft conversions of completed loft conversions before deciding to go with LMB to carry the work out in our home, having said that, we were still nervous as the start of the project grew closer but we needn"t of been. from day one Karl and his team who came to build the dormer were brilliant, genuine nice bunch of guys who clearly cared about there work and full respected your home nothing was too much trouble you felt involved every step of the way, we found this was the attitude was the attitude to be maintained throughout the entire project as different tradesmen came in to do their part , the roofers tilers , plumbers , plasters , boarders , electricians , carpenters ect the list goes on, the professionalism and high quality of work that each of these teams did was fantastic , they were always on time and the disruption to the household was minimal, the greatest compliment i can give actually came from the neighbours who have had their lofts converted several years earlier they said "we dont hear a thing but are amazed that every tradesmen turns up so early, gets stuck in into there role and there is no mess- this is a very slick operation that LMB run our loft conversion was a nightmare to this"

the estimated time for the build was 6 to 8 weeks and LMB delivered on their promise . not only that but the loft looks truly amazing we could never imagine that our loft full of suitcases and boxes could be transformed in 8 weeks into two bedrooms and a shower room-the transformation is truly spectacular and has turned our three bedroom house in to five bedrooms with a fraction of the cost we would have incurred had we considered moving house .

are we happy with LMB and our new loft ? most defiantly its the best decision we ever made , and our only regret we did not do it years ago ,

thank you LMB for delivering on your promise and if you are thinking of having your loft done you are in safe hands with LMB , Lee has a fantastic team he has built up including the support of the girls in the office who are always there to help .

its really no surprise to see so many LMB banners up on the scaffoldings as you drive around as the quality of work and service they give is second to none .

thank you again for a amazing loft conversion .

kind regards

shakil & salima ukani

glenthorne ave , Croydon
Mr & Mrs Chew
Verified Buyer

Dear Lee & team , our loft was recently finished December 2015 much to our satisfaction our personal thanks to Jamie and Gavin who were the first fix team , they arrived before 8 am everyday for about 3 weeks which was pretty impressive .
They had explained throughly what they needed to do and Hartley disturbed us . Most of all they Owens a Henri Hoover which inspired me to buy one myself . Next came Matthew plumbers team , Jim , joe , Darren Matthew team would come and rescue even if a water shortage , hot water central heating problems which were not there fault , the elelctrian team did there job so quick and efficiently I don't have time remember there names . Dane the plaster also did a very good job in record time . The roofers were very efficient they changed the whole front roof in 3 days . We were very pleased with high spec wet room well done to lam and Dominic , mark the carpenter had fitted very nice wood flooring , banister and doors and built in cupboard all by
himself . Dean painting team enjoyed their work and were always cheerful , they had helped to choose the right colour scheme for our room , the painting is spot on . Thanks to all the brilliant teams , well done LMB , you have a dream team behind you which has made you very sucsesfull.
Wishing you a happy Xmas and a prosperous new year
Regards
Mrs chew ( Beckenham )
Andrew Photiou
Verified Buyer

We are extremely happy with the new loft conversion by LMB. An absolute first class service from start to finish, if anyone is looking for a loft conversion I would recommend LMB all day long.
Lee and his staff have been amazing they reassured us with any concerns we might of had throughout the process.
The workman were polite, respectful and friendly and always tidy up after themselves. They were very punctual and carried out their work swiftly and to an extremely high standard.
The finished conversion has exceeded our expectations, we now have a massive bedroom with a beautiful ensuite and walk-in wardrobe. We would like to thank LMB for ending our year on a high.
Croydon Area
Mr Mrs Bonds
Verified Buyer

I have just had a amazing loft conversion done by LMB excellent job the workman was clean tidy and very friendly are nothing was ever too much trouble for them ,
The office staff , were great support and helped me with any quires I had I dealt with Shelia on most phone calls ,
We are now throughly enjoying the space in our new floor to our bungerlow
Thanks again , would recomend them to anyone !
Mr Mrs bonds
Petts wood

Patrick Mcconnell
Verified Buyer

Very pleased with the overall service LMB have delivered. The work was carried out very quickly to time and budget. All of the team were courteous and polite. They managed to keep the mess to a minimum when knocking through. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend LMB.
Mr Mrs Patel
Verified Buyer

The process of going through a loft conversion was very daunting but lee and his team it as painless as possible , all of there tradesmen were extremely skilled in there profession from the stuctural work to the tiling and electrics , everyone working in my home were personable respectful and very punctual if any areas needed attention lee and Henri was just a phone call away and dealt with it swiflty .we are extremely pleased with our end result the architectural design is surprisingly good, incorporating high ceilings in the staircase area large windows at every angle and plenty of storage in eaves and corners , the wet room complements the high spec feel and the walk -in wardrobe is a very desirable feature I would recomend LMB loft conversions to anyone considering a loft conversion , they will not fail to impress , will work to strict timelines and always considering your design needs into the final look , they have is feeling satisfied our money was well spent , and the final look has exceeded our expectations
Manjit - shirley , Croydon
Stav
Verified Reviewer

Lee and his team are absolutely fantastic! We found them to be professional, knowledgable and extremely efficient.
Both Lee and his team are extremely hard working and aim to please at all times. They were happy to talk us through any questions and queries, with Lee always on hand to speak to and guide us.
We would strongly recommend LMB Lofts for anyone looking to create extra space in their property.
Rhiannon Lee
Verified Buyer

Thrilled with our loft conversion. Excellent space and finished to high standard. Project managed very well. Tradesmen on site everyday. Great team.
Would highly recommend LMB.
RL, Beckenham