Lehmanns Books Ltd Reviews

of reviewers recommend Lehmanns Books Ltd

Tell us how Lehmanns Books Ltd made you happy
I purchased 4 cook books for click and collect, the process was simple, easy and straightforward with their great web site. I received a email about an hour after checking out that they were ready for collection, this is super quick! The books were beautifully wrapped free of charge with a free gift card. The member of staff was very patient and accommodating at the check out even though it was after closing time and many customers in the queue. This is a really awesome book shop, they literally have every single Jewish book in the world!!! I love it that they have all the new books as soon as they come out. They are truly pioneering in the judaica world. Highly recommended.
exactly as expected
very fast expedition
thanks
Prompt replies to emails, very helpful service
Good service overall
Lehmanns has very rude and inconsiderate service! Terrible customer service!! Lehmann's website is not current as they advertise items that are not necessarily in stock. They insist on getting paid up-front the moment you place an order. For EU customers they exhibit the price in Euro but immediately convert it into GBP. After several days comes an email that they are out-of-stock. They offer only to reimburse you in GBP which means your EU bank will charge a hefty commission to convert it automatically back to Euros. When I politely asked Lehmanns to keep my order and fill it once the book set is back in stock, they rudely replied. "We can't "chop and change" for every individual customer"! They also ludicrously suggested I keep a GBP account in my EU bank just for shopping at Lehmanns, conveniently ignoring the fact that holding such an account within the EU involves considerable monthly bank charges. Lehmanns also continued posting the item for sale on their website even though they already knew they were out of stock! In short, a very disappointing and costly experience. Terrible customer service!! Rude and inconsiderate! Not recommended!!
Thank you for your valuable feedback.
We take all feedback seriously whether positive or negative.
I apologize that you were charged for an item that was out of stock and incurred foreign exchange fees. We would like to reimburse you for the fees involved. I will send you a private message with my email address to be in contact with for this.
We are working on our stock system so that errors like this should not occur in future.
I am sorry you felt that you weren't treated nicely. We do our utmost to treat all customers respectfully and fairly. Our agent was just pointing out that since we are a UK based company, if you were to have a UK account, you would not incur any foreign fees. We have many customers who use this option and do not pay any fees for such an account.
My sincere apologies
Lehmanns Marketing Team
Je n'ai rien à ajouter.
Le service est exceptionnel rapide, propre.

Merci pour votre professionnalisme
After ordering shas for my grandson,delivered very next day.
Excellent service. Love the hour delivery slot. Emails are answered quickly and advice given is accurate. Thank you
Fast delivery of the books. Email contact goes well. Thanks a lot and much hatzlacha!
Lehmanns Books Ltd is rated 4.75 based on 2,121 reviews