Leekes Reviews

71% of reviewers recommend Leekes

How would you rate Leekes?

202 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Handy Andy

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Leekes in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Leekes are not a company to be trusted, they fail to deliver goods paid for after 4months of placing the order, then become extremely obstructive in returning payment that was agreed over the phone claiming that it was never agreed in the first place and I'm making it up! No customer service skills, no communication unless you contact them, and when you do they make you out to be a liar!! I have no idea how a company of this size survives giving service in this manner, I certainly wouldn't use again and would advise anybody looking to shop with them to think again, there are plenty of other companies that can supply the same goods at there prices (which aren't cheap) AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!"
"Leighton in the furniture department gave us excellent service."
Andy Roberts
Verified Reviewer
"Visited Leekes in Llantrisant on 12th April. Original intent was to buy two bar stools for our new kitchen/diner...... but couldn't find any of suitable quality. However our search turned to a sofa... having searched a number of shops. We were impressed with the comfort and build of the G-Plan sofas. Karen Thomas, the Furniture Sales Advisor, was extremely helpful and made the buying process enjoyable and stress free. (apart from the stress on my bank account!). Karen was very knowledgeable, informative and patient in answering all our questions. . Thank you... and looking forward to the delivery."
Sue Sheppard
Verified Reviewer
"Went to Leekes Llantrisant today looking for new furniture. The Furniture sales advisor Karen Thomas was very helpful and knowledgeable. Nothing was too much trouble, I would highly recommend Leekes and Karen and we will definitely purchase from there in the future"
"Excellent service by Elliot Very knowledgable and not pushy"
"This is the third time I’ve been to Bev at Leekes curtains and upholstery. She has been very helpful on each occasion and has a great deal of patience to accommodate your requirements. Very happy with the results."
Mr & Mrs Perks Cardiff
Unverified Reviewer
"Visited store with a view to purchase curtains and Luxaflex blinds and not too sure what we liked. Bev Berry from interior designs could not have been more helpful and spent a long time and patience suggesting colours and patterns. We finally agreed on what we wanted and the buying process was easily and professionally transacted. After sales service was second to none and Bev as always was very helpful. Would I recommend Interior designs studio? A BIG YES."
Steve & Gill Legge
Verified Reviewer
"We were after a certain style and colour of foot stool/seat, but were unsure of mind. Michelle in the Home Furnishings was so patient and helpful; which enabled us to settle down and deliberate until we were happy with how to progress. We even left the store and went away to decide whether or not the item in the store was indeed what we were after. On our return Michelle was once again helpful and understanding. A great asset to the store. (we bought the item)"
Sarah Johnson
Verified Reviewer
"Michelle in the Home Furnishings department was the epitome of good customer service. I had seen a sofa I liked but my husband wasn’t with me. Michelle kindly reserved the sofa (without charge) and booked the delivery date for me, so that i could return with my husband the following morning to confirm the purchase. Buying sofas is a big expense Ann’s one that you do t want to get wrong, so it was important that my husband saw interest before I committed to buy, but I didn’t want to lose out on this Clearance item. Thanks Michelle. We will definitely shop at Leekes for our furniture in future, as the service you gave us was second to none."
"Had the item I wanted. Salesperson was helpful, gave the information I needed."
"We bought a new kitchen from Leekes last year, after trawling around the usual suspects. We decided to go with Leekes because they were local, appeared to have a good reputation and, importantly, promised us that in return for the premium price we were paying (£20k all in) we would have a simple and stress free experience. Nothing could be further from the truth. First of all, the kitchen manufacturer turned up to deliver the kitchen unannounced one day, 2 weeks before we had agreed with Leekes it would arrive. When the kitchen was re-delivered, there was a lot of damage to doors which meant we needed replacements. A lot of what we ordered was shipped wrong, sink was wrong, under cupboard lights were wrong, each one of these required a call to Leekes to raise the issue and patiently keep asking them to check the part codes on the order as these didn’t match what was sent. It took 4 weeks to get all the right stuff sent through. Inconvenient but not earth shattering. The order included items that were part of the original design that just weren’t required, but Leekes did take these back and refund without too much drama. Where this all really went wrong for me was when the range cooker arrived, the delivery guys had to take the packaging off to get it into the house and broke one of the major control knobs off. I reported it immediately, Leekes advised us not to install it as it might affect our ability to return it, and then spent 3 weeks trying to arrange a repair or replacement until I finally threatened them with legal action to get a refund for the item. The manufacturer was aware and was willing apparently just to replace the unit, but apparently they couldn’t do this for us, they kept referring us back to Leekes as this was where the blocker was. After agreeing Leekes would refund us we ordered an exact replacement from an electrical retailer and it arrived within 24 hours. Leekes also forgot to order the matching extractor fan, by the time they got round to resubmitting the order, there was a 6 week lead time, so again we pursued them for a refund. We managed to get one delivered within 3 weeks. The only bit of the project that was 100% was the worktops, Leekes use Cardiff Marble and I have to say they were excellent, they turned up when they were supposed to and delivered what we ordered. It was the only bit of the project that didn’t cause any issues. The moral of this story is that although Leekes promised a simple stress free experience, it was the opposite. We had to do all the chasing, if we didn’t chase Leekes they just didn’t call us or do anything. Once the project was finished, I asked them for some small compensation to cover the fact that we couldn’t cook any food at home for 3 weeks and the 10 hours of phonecalls I had made to them over the 5 weeks of problems, they basically told us to get stuffed. I resent that I spent so much money with a company that really doesn’t care about their customers or the customer experience. I would urge anyone in the market for any major projects like Kitchens or Conservatories, don’t go anywhere near these guys."
Mr And Mrs Hawkins
Verified Reviewer
"My wife and I went looking for new furniture for our conservatory we picked what we wanted within minutes of entering the store and better still we were given a discount which we did not expect we were served by Michelle who very helpful and courteous we were that pleased with our purchase we went back the following day and purchased another chair."
Brian Saunders
Unverified Reviewer
"Recently had a conservatory built. Had to guess what was happening and when as nobody from Leekes would let us on a daily/weekly basis. Pleased with end result but extremely painful getting there. Would I recommend Leekes - NO"
Jason Mullins
Verified Reviewer
"Both Rhys and Liam very helpfull! Chosen tiles which they loaded into the car for me! No hassle nothing too much for them!! Very pleased"
"Purchased a Stressless chair, had already decided on the style size etc but needed to decide on the colour of leather - served by Michelle who help make my choice very easy by lending me a sample folder of leathers to view at home. Order completed with no problems the next day."
"So, we had our kitchen from Gareth @ Leekes in Coventry. Number of things went wrong. All of which were resolved eventually but only because I kept on top of Leekes. Otherwise we would still have an unfinished kitchen. I would NOT trust them an inch though. We were promised some compensation due to delays by Leekes in getting our flooring. This delayed the fit. Leekes answer was to renege on the promise and then lie about it to the ombudsman when I complained. In Leekes own words. It's between you and your fitter. Not our problem. Next was the fridge. Leekes delivered the wrong one. Blamed Neff. Even though someone in the Leekes warehouse wrote the correct model number on the box. It was quite clear that it was the wrong one by the Neff label. Leekes offered replacement in 2 weeks. Unacceptable we thought so we agreed with Simon Watson that we would purchase one separately and Leekes would reimburse the difference plus the original cost. Again, they reneged on that promise and again lied to the ombudsman. Ombudsman couldn't do anything. My word versus Leekes. Lesson learned. Get it confirmed in writing without ANY ambiguity. We had an email from Gareth saying we would get something arranged due to the delay in the flooring but he cleverly didn't accept responsibility which is why the ombudsman couldn't do anything for us. Either avoid Leekes all together or make sure their promises to you are backed up with clear language in an email. Otherwise Simon at the main office will shaft you."
Owen Edwards
Verified Reviewer
"We have just bought a sofa and two chairs. We were served by Shelly and she was more than helpful. She showed us more colours than I even knew existed and helped us make our final decision quicker than we would have on our own. She is fantastic at her job and she was always happy to help and wiling to have a laugh with us."
"We have just purchased a three piece suite from the Llantrisant store and was very pleased with the excellent service we received from Michelle, she was extremely helpful, friendly and left us alone to make our minds up."
"After reading the good reviews and knowing the company's reputation, I had no problem splashing out on a new dining set from them. Rude salesmen, dining set delivered with damage to every piece! Not overly surprising considering the lack of sufficient packaging coupled with how the delivery men handle the products. After a ridiculous process of trying to arrange collection and re delivery of a new set, that included them asking for a photo of every item that was damaged (9 photos) but only being able to email one photo per email or they wouldn't be able to see it, then telling us that they had only received 2 photos, then telling us someone would contact us and nobody did, then finally after constant chasing we find out it will be re delivered a MONTH later and they also wouldn't be able to collect the damaged set until a MONTH later. So I'm stuck with this set, and all the mess (because they made us unwrap every bit of it) for a whole month until they can come. Almost a month passes and we contact them again to confirm a date to be told it would be ANOTHER MONTH. What an absolute joke. We told them to stick it, rather have the refund. You'd think that when you're paying £1500 for a dining set that you'd get better service."
"delighted with help given by Elliot at LLantristant furniture department. H e is an asset to the store."
Leekes is rated 3.81 based on 202 reviews