Hsbc Reviews

Review and raise up to £2.00
Verified Customer

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Hsbc in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
Verified Customer
"HSBC has shown unprecedented incompetence in regard to the Charity's bank account, and demonstrated total disregard for the Trustees' personal information entrust to them. These points were considered at the Charity's annual review of financial controls a decision was made to discontinue banking with HSBC"
"If I could give 0 stars, I would. Simply appalling. Two very difficult phone calls and four online complaints and I still have not recieved a written/emailed copy of confirmation of closure of my account (a simple request). Instead I have recieved a copy and paste email multiple times stating a member of the team will be looking into my complaint and numerous identical letters in the post asking me to log onto an online account to an incorrect email account which I do not have. Shoddy is an understatement, not to mention the terrible service I recieved as a customer. Very happy I switched to Nationwide."
Disgruntled David
Unverified Reviewer
"Quite simply the worst website - I bank both personally and business wise with HSBC...well not for much longer. Personal banking I have moved over to Monzo - slick and stylish and guess what - it just works, it's not complicated HSBC - why have you made it soooo effin' complicated! And your webiste - oh my days! horrendous! Why, when I try to log onto YOUR business banking does YOUR website tell me to contact my system administrator because there is an ERROR WITH YOUR APPLICATION!!! It's nuts!!! arrrggghhh!!!!! Rant over. And like somebody else says - I can't actually give 1 star else that would be their true score."
"The customer service sucks! I have been waiting for my card since ages. They messed up."
"There bank and customer service is totally rubbish and poor my account had different transactions going on but with good grief they gave me the money back but they modeled all my transactions and cause they made it that complicated I had no choice but too pay my own transactions back because I couldn’t do with the headache and case taking this to court and in one the branches when my card got eaten the managers approach was very poor like in the street when gangster approaches you for when you owe them money. HSBC is a rubbish bank Halifax and Barclays I rate them better"
"We attempted to Re-Mortgage to HSBC but found their whole set up so infuriating that after 6 weeks of bungling we told them to cancel our application & stayed with our existing lender. HSBC even paid us compensation their service was that bad"
Martin Stringer
Unverified Reviewer
"Extremely poor customer service. No loyalty to a 43 year customer."
"Poor customer service, zero flexibility, terrible rates and not competitive. The most frustrating UK bank to work with in my opinion."
Mr. Jones' Apprentice
Unverified Reviewer
"Mr. Jones' comment "High Street Banking Cun*s" is uncalled for and totally unfair: HSBC are much worse than that."
"I'm only giving HSBC 1 star because the system doesn't allow for me to give them none. My brother and I have LPA for my parents. My 90 year old mother tried to take her own life after finding she can no longer look after my father because her body is closing down. She has now been diagnosed with lung cancer and is in a care home. My 88 year old father is almost blind and left at home. We are doing all we can to sort this out but are really just "firefighting" and the situation has been made worse by HSBC being so incompetent that they can't even sort out internet banking after us spending over 4 hours in their branch with them, doing everything they have asked of us. Their staff are worse than useless, their systems don't work, they have umpteen different departments sending out information within 5-7 working days and then promise that they'll act on it in 10 working days from when they receive it back. Don't put yourselves out HSBC. In the meantime how do we pay for anything? Their branches don't have telephones; not that their customers can call anyway. If you phone them you have to put shedloads of numbers into the system and when you get one wrong, (not because it was incorrect, but because they hadn't the correct number on record) the system locks you out, freezes your cards and you still haven't managed to talk to anybody. I did eventually obtain a number for the branch from a lady in India. It was the wrong number but BT told me what it had changed to and I got through to the branch. Only thing was that it wasn't the correct branch and that's when I found out their Arnold branch doesn't have a phone. They are so bad it is beyond belief. I can see from the ratings they have received that I am not alone in this sort of experience. HSBC you are pathetic."
"Tried to phone up to make an appointment in nearest branch (which isn't very near since they havee closed all the local branches) and by the time I had an appointment I was seriously wondering if I eveen wanted to have an account with them. The telephone system wanted a code I've never had set up and there wasn't a "press if you need a human" option - eventually dropped through to a woman with such a strong Indian accent that I could barely detect what she said. Why do they not have people who speak good understandable english on a UK phone line - really frustrating - seriously considering closing the account I'm so fed up with them."
"High Street Banking Cun*s. I wonder how many suicides they are directly responsible for."
Disillusioned
Unverified Reviewer
"I am just very annoyed that all the local branches have now sadly gone. Being now of a certain age having to travel to town centres is not so easy, especially in a Yorkshire winter! Our local branch was open for a great number of years and we miss it so much. Please don't mention telephone banking (its as if I speak in tongue when talking to them or when I have a request) and no, I don't want to use on-line banking."
"Shit customer service been waiting 14 days to get a business account but they rand me I missed the call because I was driving I rang then 2 minutes later they said you have to wait 5 day to speak to a business manager. Hahaha there service is a joke"
"They cancelled my account with no reason"
"Dormant account & frozen telephone banking nightmare After being an HSBC customer for 8 years, they froze my account for being inactive/dormant after a few months (I hadn't used it in a while), and also froze my telephone banking for some reason. I don't currently live in the UK, so could not go into a branch in person to "verify my identity". After calling for 6 months and repeatedly asking for a letter/code to unfreeze my telephone banking (in order to then re-open my dormant account), no letter came. When I called, the customer service agents could not confirm the address they were sending the letter to for "my security", because my telephone banking was frozen. I would later find out that they were sending the letter (WITH SECURE INFORMATION) to the wrong address. But they could not tell me this. If this sounds Kafka-esque and ridiculous and illogical, trust me, it was. I went into an HSBC US branch and begged them to call the UK bank to get my account unfrozen. After an hour on the phone, we were able to get my telephone banking unfrozen, but not my dormant account reactivated, because they have bizarre address and ID confirmation policies (what they are trying to confirm, I don't understand, because all of the addresses are easily changeable either on their website or through my other banks). No policies are consistent. None of their staff seem to know or understand their policies for basic things like unfreezing an account. I would absolutely NEVER recommend this bank to anyone. I will likely be closing my account after I get it unfrozen (it still isn't)."
"Had credit card payment declined. When I rang to query this I was kept on the phone for over 90 mins being driven in sane by annoying music and told my remaining balance was far less than what my online banking statement said. I had gone into my branch the previous week and paid of a considerable sum before my next statement was due as I knew I would exceed my credit limit if not. This showed as paid on my statement. I was told that the cheque was on hold and before they could tell me any more my phone battery died. I am livid Always pay off my balance on time and now am going to have to waste more time going into branch to sort it out (if poss)while my suppliers are having to wait for their money . Seriously considering leaving HSBC after forty years"
"Worst Bank ever. Third class training to Mortgage Advisors. Went to See a mortgage advisor Dan in Walsall with one of my clients. She was very rude and didn't want to listen at all. HSBC if you want business kick the bad apples our of your Bank"
"WORST BANKING EVER Not only as a result of my card being cloned twice in 1 month, I had to realise this by my card declining and me having to contact them, once I had got in touch they informed me the account was locked............ why did they not get in touch rather than me have to face the embarrassment of my card declining, NOW, my little key card calculator thing stopped working, I have attempted for the past 2 days during my lunch hour only to be put on hold for so long I have had to hang up to return to work, the 2nd time they answered only for me to be told there is a lock on my account and to be put on hold again, after 40 minutes I had to hang up (the number is not FREE) I am now left being unable to access my money and will now need to spend my lunch hour travelling to a bank to sort this out as I have been put on hold for over half an hour each time,"
"Hsbc is no longer supportive of small business enterprise and it will be their downfall. From my personal experience I am pretty shocked at how impersonal they have become. Zero customer service, zero flexibility. After banking with them for nearly 20 years its such a shame to see them loose sight. Bank fines have made them far less than local. Hong Kong Shanghai Bank run by english and americans r.i.p. I was a business customer, Premier Customer and held over 5 accounts with them 20 years. In turn to meet compliance they shut my account without a courtesy call. Goodbye Hsbc... Shame that the Hong Kong Shanghai Bank is run by British And American management. Not an asian service anymore"
Hsbc is rated 1.45 based on 226 reviews