Hsbc Reviews

Hsbc have a Customer Happiness Grade of B-. Customers are happy with their customer service. Full Insights

10% of reviewers recommend Hsbc
Telephone

How would you rate Hsbc ?

"They are the High Street Banking C*nts and may karma deal with their greed and lack of ethics. Evil in its purest form."
"your bank is corrupt and and joke. You have the worst ethics of any company I know and I hope you one day goes bust. Any one with any banking sense do not fund this this bank in any way."
"My nightmare with HSBC started in 23 July & has got worse by the day due to HSBC staff who are prepared to close ranks & lie to try & cover up their negligence I have registered 2 formal complaints with the Financial Ombudsman & will not let HSBC railroad me The staff I have encountered have showed no integrity, professionalism or honesty"
"Absolutely gobsmacked! I receive a letter from HSBC stating that they are closing my business account after 10 years of banking with them. No warning, just URGENT NOTICE: Your account will be close in 2 months. So I call them and ask to arrange to speak to someone face-to-face about the letter, I'm told that's not possible. So I'll go into my local branch and discuss it there, that's not possible either, the staff there won't be able to assist. So why is the account being closed? They claim to have written to me two months previous asking me to supply details of where I carry out business and which currencies I transact in. They already know this as the administer the account! - BTW I never received this letter that they claim to have sent. So rather than send another letter or have the decency to call me they just write to say the account will be closed. I'll never bank with these cowboys again. I think the real reason for closure is that I don't make them enough account transaction fees as my account is in credit all of the time. My advice to anyone running a business is find another bank, DO NOT BANK WITH HSBC as their customer service is disgusting."
"1 star is too much!!!! STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!! HORRIBLE AND INCOMPETENT CS, SHADY PRACTICES SUCH AS REJECTING PAYMENTS IN ORDER TO HIT U WITH A LATE FEE AND SWITCHING TERMS AND CONDITIONS AROUND!!!!!"
"I have been a business customer now for three years. I have never been in any trouble with this bank. 3 weeks ago I was taken in to hospital with a heart attack, I had stents fitted but I then had another heart attack. My account has a £1500.00 overdraft limit and as I was worried about it going over I got in touch and as I had over ten thousand pounds worth of business waiting to be done asked for an increase to 2500 while I spent a few weeks recovering. After they talked to me for an hour and tried offering other benefits, they refused. What a Bunch! I'm out of here asap there just not interested."
"Abysmal online banking experience. Impossible to log in to due to the many different passwords, keys and codes needed. The app logs you out without warning, and the full website version locks me out of my account simply for trying to reset my password without even trying to answer the memorable questions or passwords. Terribly over-engineered"
"Terrible customer service . First they froze my card midday for no reaason and without any notice . When i tried to contact them on the phone they were completely rude, unhelpful and talking way too fast for me to understand what they were saying. So i tried to ask them to talk a bit slower with no success . I guess they have to say what they have to say and be quick about it . Not to mention that they did NOT explain the reasons why they froze my card , even try to help me understand what can be done afterwards."
"The worst Online banking experience. My password never works and now i have to buy a new mobile phone in order to manage my account. NEVER go to HSBC i am going to change bank asap"
"ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE!! I have been trying to set up a new business account with HSBC for the last 2 months! Comedy of errors and lost documents, repeated requests for information, broken promises and long waits on the Helpline?? trying to sort it out. This has impacted my company cashflow as I have not been able to invoice customers. I wish I had never started the application and gone with another bank."
"Afshan, customer support, absolutely brilliant"
"New app sucks ! No more fast balance because every time you just have to log in completely with passwords and secret questions etc before you finally get in....god !"
"Don't listen, just going round and round in circles, all jobsworths !!!"
"Fraud on my account spent an age getting through to be told don't worry its nothing, basically fobbed off. Guess what! It IS something!! There has been fraud on my account!! Phoned again (standard LONG wait) the next chap took me a little more seriously and actually bothered to check, so he was helpful. Card now cancelled and the correct process followed hopefully. Seriously thinking of changing banks."
"Insane amount of passwords and log in details to remember which are different based on whether you're on the app or website or on the phone, terrible customers service. Made an account and now can't access it because I forgot one of my many codes so they locked me out. Closing the account would take an insane amount of effort so I'll just leave the little money I had in there and I've opened a monzo which is miles better."
"Hsbc turned into complete shambles. They can't even manage a payment! I arranged for a payment last Friday in a branch and noticed the money still haven't gone through! Its a business payment which means there are timing obligations. They aren't even able to give an answer by phone, can't reach the transaction department... What a joke this bank is..."
"I would give HSBC business no stars if this site would let me. Awful customer service and a hindrance to doing business. Very pleased not to be banking with them any more!"
"Hi just tried to do a bacs payment informed to contact bank drove 10 Miles only to be informed go home and ring safety department so rang them 30 minutes later had answer told that they’re going to send me the total amount in my account by cheque and account will be closed I asked to see bank manager to try to sort it out was told I could in 1 weeks time so am now going elsewhere after 30 years in business at same bank surely there is something wrong with the system not a happy customer"
"I've only been banking with HSBC for about 6 months and have been satisfied. Opening my accounts and getting my cards, etc. has been flawless and efficient. My only complaint is that, hard as I try, I can rarely understand the telephone customer service agents."
"Worst internet banking and app. It is almost impossible to make any transaction on the website. You can’t pay to your own credit card easily. Very disappointed."
Hsbc is rated 1.44 based on 246 reviews