Hsbc Reviews

Hsbc have a Customer Happiness Grade of B-. Customers are happy with their customer service. Full Insights

10% of reviewers recommend Hsbc
1 New Reviews Written
10PM
10PM
Telephone

How would you rate Hsbc ?

"Really awful. We are a charity trying to save lives in a desperately poor area of India by sending money from the UK. They did a safeguard check on our account which took a year of us repeatedly sending the information they requested. One person would acknowledge receiving it when we phoned them and would say everything was completed. Three times this was done and three times they sent a letter a few days after threatening to close our account if we did not provide the information requested. The person who was dealing with our safeguard check was dismissed. Another person took over who was allegedly trying to phone us on a number of occasions, but never left any voicemails or sent any emails to us asking again for the information they needed otherwise they would close the account. Eventually a letter arrived stating that they had closed our account, a cheque was enclosed with the closing balance. We complained and asked them to reopen the account, and offered to provide any information they needed. They did not log the complaint and merely stated that the account was closed and could not be reopened and that because it was closed they could not tell us what information was required. A week later a complaint was raised which this time was logged. It is coming close to the time limit of eight weeks for them to respond with a resolution. After other complaints raised with a number of phone calls still a resolution letter has not arrived. Apart from that numerous other hastles have occurred and other complaints have been raised with them over the last few years."
Posted 1 minute ago
"Joke of a bank!! Recently opened an account and after I eventually set up online banking after they did not send me requested information for over 2 weeks they then suspended my online banking after I had made 1 transfer. They now say I have to go into a branch to get online banking reinstated but all the HSBC branches near me have either been shut down or close at 3.30! I will go to a branch but only to do one thing and that is close the account and run away as fast as I can. Avoid this bank at ALL costs."
"HSBC's internet banking offering is a disgrace. Firstly the simple online application process is absolutely awful, amateurish, full of ambiguities and error traps, user unfriendly in the extreme. I started the application process to open an account in May and it took me till September and a letter to Chairman of HSBC to complete the process. I have tonight been trying to look at my recent transactions. Trying to look at transactions after the end date of the last statement is mind numbingly hopeless. You put in a date range ( which meets the criteria ) and up pops up an error message and transactions for a different date range. I believe that HSBC have bought a system from a third party. If so they've bought a lemon. A bunch of teenagers could do better. With banking moving increasingly online a secure, user friendly online interface should be a core part of HSBC's offering. HSBC's offering is laughable."
"Resolving any problem with HSBC is a nightmare. You can never speak to the same person. Directions to resolve a problem given by one employee is apparently never served with any others. Carefully following directions given by your employees never seems to resolve a problem. When we re-fied we didn't even consider HSBC even though HSBC had our original mortgage because we were tired of the endless hassles. Any problem gets bounced between employees in the Philippines and Buffalo NY and non of their employees seem to have any idea what the others are doing or how to resolve anything. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BANK HERE. The worst private sector bureaucracy I have ever dealt with."
"Warning,warning, warning! Has to be the very worst rip off bank ever! I recently switched banks after being with Hsbc & formerly midland bank hsbc took over since 1980. Hsbc debited my closing account after my switching £25.00 to an other banksending you owe us letters before they will close account. Hsbc is with out doubt the all time wort bank. Be warned!"
"Tried to open an Advance account. Got the automated 30 second refusal, but it said to ring this number if you would like to have your application reviewed. It turned out to be the wrong number (business, not personal). Put through to right number (I presume), but after 2 and a half hours on hold was unceremoniously disconnected. Found another number for account opening and rang it. Chap was reasonably helpful, went to speak to 'back office', came back and said my application had been accepted and I would receive paperwork in the post in a few days. Nothing came. 2 weeks ago I got a text to say my application was being 'reviewed' and I would hear soon (can't see on what basis the application could be reviewed, given that I'd not been asked for any new information beyond what was on the online application, which was pretty basic). Nothing since. Why on earth would a bank offer a large inducement to open an account, then make such a cock-up of the process? I have opened many bank accounts in the last couple of years and never had any trouble. M&S and First Direct (both affiliated with HSBC) could show them a thing or two about how to handle account openings, especially the 'Know your customer' aspect."
"Closed local branch and told to make banking deposits at the post office! This is an absolute disgrace . Shame on you HSBC"
"If I could rate 0 stars I would. Worst customer service. Be preapred to not access your money for a month and then mess up your address among other things. I will be switching. Such a disorganized place. Wosrt bank I have ever been to."
"Absolute rubbish !!!!@"
"There Internet banking site is a JOKE, I have tried logging on five times this morning and every time its failed. They tell you to ring the customer service line, and what do I get some woman in the Philippines ( UK Jobs Gone). I would go to my local branch, but oh I forgot the two closest to me they have closed ( more UK JOBS GONE), and how much do you make a year Trillions! Total Joke"
"Can't fault them"
"I attempted a transfer of $2300.00 from my Chase checking to my HSBC checking on 6/25. HSBC unilaterally closed my account (in good standing) after 20 years of being a customer because I refused to provide detailed personal financial information. No problem. I didnt like the bank anyway. However the $2300.00 that I attempted to transfer did not go into my account (because they had closed it) nor did the money get sent back to my Chase account. Today is 8/20. They tell me its not their problem. Chase concluded their investigation with proof that it was not their fault. HSBC has been dragging their feet for 2 months. I have wasted countless hours on the phone and in the branches to no avail. NEVER BANK WITH HSBC UNLESS YOU WANT TO PUT YOUR MONEY IN JEOPARDY."
"They are the High Street Banking C*nts and may karma deal with their greed and lack of ethics. Evil in its purest form."
"your bank is corrupt and and joke. You have the worst ethics of any company I know and I hope you one day goes bust. Any one with any banking sense do not fund this this bank in any way."
"My nightmare with HSBC started in 23 July & has got worse by the day due to HSBC staff who are prepared to close ranks & lie to try & cover up their negligence I have registered 2 formal complaints with the Financial Ombudsman & will not let HSBC railroad me The staff I have encountered have showed no integrity, professionalism or honesty"
"Absolutely gobsmacked! I receive a letter from HSBC stating that they are closing my business account after 10 years of banking with them. No warning, just URGENT NOTICE: Your account will be close in 2 months. So I call them and ask to arrange to speak to someone face-to-face about the letter, I'm told that's not possible. So I'll go into my local branch and discuss it there, that's not possible either, the staff there won't be able to assist. So why is the account being closed? They claim to have written to me two months previous asking me to supply details of where I carry out business and which currencies I transact in. They already know this as the administer the account! - BTW I never received this letter that they claim to have sent. So rather than send another letter or have the decency to call me they just write to say the account will be closed. I'll never bank with these cowboys again. I think the real reason for closure is that I don't make them enough account transaction fees as my account is in credit all of the time. My advice to anyone running a business is find another bank, DO NOT BANK WITH HSBC as their customer service is disgusting."
"1 star is too much!!!! STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!! HORRIBLE AND INCOMPETENT CS, SHADY PRACTICES SUCH AS REJECTING PAYMENTS IN ORDER TO HIT U WITH A LATE FEE AND SWITCHING TERMS AND CONDITIONS AROUND!!!!!"
"I have been a business customer now for three years. I have never been in any trouble with this bank. 3 weeks ago I was taken in to hospital with a heart attack, I had stents fitted but I then had another heart attack. My account has a £1500.00 overdraft limit and as I was worried about it going over I got in touch and as I had over ten thousand pounds worth of business waiting to be done asked for an increase to 2500 while I spent a few weeks recovering. After they talked to me for an hour and tried offering other benefits, they refused. What a Bunch! I'm out of here asap there just not interested."
"Abysmal online banking experience. Impossible to log in to due to the many different passwords, keys and codes needed. The app logs you out without warning, and the full website version locks me out of my account simply for trying to reset my password without even trying to answer the memorable questions or passwords. Terribly over-engineered"
"Terrible customer service . First they froze my card midday for no reaason and without any notice . When i tried to contact them on the phone they were completely rude, unhelpful and talking way too fast for me to understand what they were saying. So i tried to ask them to talk a bit slower with no success . I guess they have to say what they have to say and be quick about it . Not to mention that they did NOT explain the reasons why they froze my card , even try to help me understand what can be done afterwards."
Hsbc is rated 1.44 based on 258 reviews