Hsbc Reviews

10% of reviewers recommend Hsbc
1 New Reviews Written
9PM
9PM

Tell us how Hsbc made you happy

"I had the worst possible banking experience in my life with HSBC!"
Are you Hsbc? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Hsbc receives and that when things do go wrong, you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"I had a business account with hsbc for 18 years we never been overdrawn we have substantial credit in our account, we recently received a letter saying they were closing our account after careful consideration they wanted us to fill in a form telling them more about our company we did this but they said they wanted more information I am at a loss as to why after 17 years they say they do not have not enough information about us"
"Been suffering at their hands for a number of years.Have led to being suicidal at times. Knew Dyfrig John when he was CEO.This present CEO is driving people to their death."
"HSBC UK is our little introduction to what life must be like in China. We have a business account with a credit of 600k. We recently received a letter saying they were closing all our accounts after "careful consideration.: We thought maybe they have made a mistake. No explanation as to why. We rung phone banking. They would not tell us. Discovered on our online banking a generic message they were "missing" some information on our company. Basically they want information on cash flow of our business, expected creditors/debtors etc structure diagrams, residential addresses of directors etc. Seems Chinese Govt is hungry for information. But if we don't supply this information it will be a huge inconvenience. On top of that..phone banking is totally unhelpful, follows a script on their computer and just won't diverge. If you get a question wrong first time on a security check, they stop the conversation and you need to send in a paper form to reset it. They dont reply to support emails. We can't get a replacement token so internet banking will soon be unavailable. It just wouldn't surprise me at all if our account and money just disappears one day. They act like they own it already and its will only grant us permission to access it if we give up everything we know. I wish there were zero stars."
"Worst hsbc support team. I have tried 2 hours still it would say just wait .Its too panic"
"Waste of time... Waste of time... I been banking with HSBC for a year I been blocked a year ago now, They blocked me to make sure I don't know that they steal my money so called 'google map' I haven't even been using a google map and google map is only working while having wifi connection and is not for money. I have been using my card on ebay, and other stuff for example I been playng lottery games which should not be a bad thing as I made sure I am using a correct website which was. So as I got blocked at the HSBC bank, I made an appointment to talk to someone about it as I had no idea why they blocked me. I had my meeting I spoke to a really knowable lady xD I asked why has my account been blocked she said 'I DONT KNOW' to any question that I have asked she respond I dont know, and tells me to go and open an account in a different bank. Today 24.11.18 I went for an appointment in Santander to open an account everything was going well until the woman finished the application and it declined. So Thank you so much to HSBC for blocking me out of every bank.... how can I pay my bills? how can I get money from work ? how can I now pay for my education...."
"They shut my business account without even giving me a phone call!! waiting to receive a cheque for the money I had in the account ...... 2 weeks on and nothing such poor customer care avoid if I was you!"
"Although a lot of the misdemeanours of HSBC are kept quiet, it is clear from the investigations carried out at the link below, that they are the scum of the earth. Go to a bank with some morality instead. http://nicholaswilson.com/one-man-fights-the-dirtiest-bank-in-the-world-newsbud/"
"Today I called up hsbc spoke to an outstanding young man Hitesh mehta who felt with my enquiry with complete understanding and compassion of my daughters health problems the only person I can honestly say I spoke to from that company that couldn’t be more helpful mayb many others from this banking team should get some advice from him on how to best deal with customers .... total 100% service ... thank you hitesh 👌🏻"
"Terrible customer service and IT systems. HSBC is simply the worst bank for small businesses."
"BAD SERVICE"
"If you are a small business or Startup stay far way from HSBC they will break your company in pieces !!!! We are a small business set up in April 2013. Since 2013 we've been running the business through HSBC. In July 2018 we were asked to fill up a new form, meaning giving HSBC information about our business, what we do, how we receive money, how we trade etc. Fast forward to 1st of November 2018 I was trying to pay a supplier and my card kept being declaimed, I then login in to my online bank and saw that I couldn't make any payment . The balance was there, we have plenty of money in our bank account but the payment option wasn't there anymore, meaning we could not make any payment online, all payment functions were blocked. I then called HSBC to ask what was going on and they told me the account was under review they simply read an statement saying that the account was under review and that they could not give any further information... It doesn't matter what I asked they would only repeat the same thing over and over. Moving forward a few days, the direct debits we had setup to be paid in the account started to bounce back, meaning HSBC wasn't even paying our direct debits despit we having positive balance in the account. I then called HSBC again to ask why the direct debits were not being paid and the reply I got was exactly the same as before "The account is under review and we can not give you any more details" To make the story short, HSBC Froze the account without any previous notification, when in contact with them it is impossible to get any information at all, they are like robots playing the same tune over and over... I then done a quick google search about this issue with HSBC and to my surprise there are 1000's of posts online from small business owners and Startups claiming to have had the same problem with HSBC, also had their account frozen and left without any access to it and worse left without any information. What is written here is the truth, if you dont believe it just google the following : hsbc freezing small business account You will see for your self what this bank do to small business so, my advise is, stay way from hsbc, if you currently bank with them and been asked to fill up a form,it is a bad sign your account is likely to be frozen at some point, better you take action now and move your money way from HSBC just to be safe. If I only knew that before I would have done it myself, but unfortunately we only learn about things after happening to us... Now we are in a situation where have no money to run the business or pay our employees. HSBC doesn't care about the damage inflicted on our business and will not care about you or me. This is a bank without any sense of appreciation to its customers, they will act in any way they like and will not for a second care about you or your business. I am here writing this post to warn you to make you ware about this bank and its position towards small business, what happened to me and to the other 1000's of small business can also happen to you."
"WORST EXPERIENCE EVER! Wish I came here first... Me and my partner was trying to open a business account, after 1 week of not hearing back, I began to call them and chase up what the delay was and everything was filled out right and relevant ID submitted. Eventually after 2 weeks and constantly calling them someone calls me back and says I have to go in branch. But, despite living in a built up area she couldn't find a HSBC branch within 90mins drive and said that once an appointment is done it could be another 4 weeks before approval. Total and utter waste of time with this company. 2 weeks of effort and time gone because of their complete incompetence to set up a bank account. Cancelled the application there and then. The call centre staff are so miserable and unhelpful, always asking to call back in 48hours. If this is how they treat new customers... I dread to think how they treat their existing customers. AVOID!!!"
"Avoid this bank. Worst bank ever. Not giving my money back for over 2months. Had business account. Avoid avoid avoid"
"They behaved like loan sharks with me, allowing me to build up massive credit card and overdraft debts. We were both irresponsible. However, I am the one suffering with their greedy 16% interest consolidation loan. So they were happy to keep increasing my limits, sometimes without me even asking, yet when it came to trying to get out of the mess, suddenly apparently I’m a bad bet - so despite advertising their lowest ever loan rates of 3.8%, they hit me with 15%. I’m screwed for years to come. High Street Banking C**ts."
"Really awful. We are a charity trying to save lives in a desperately poor area of India by sending money from the UK. They did a safeguard check on our account which took a year of us repeatedly sending the information they requested. One person would acknowledge receiving it when we phoned them and would say everything was completed. Three times this was done and three times they sent a letter a few days after threatening to close our account if we did not provide the information requested. The person who was dealing with our safeguard check was dismissed. Another person took over who was allegedly trying to phone us on a number of occasions, but never left any voicemails or sent any emails to us asking again for the information they needed otherwise they would close the account. Eventually a letter arrived stating that they had closed our account, a cheque was enclosed with the closing balance. We complained and asked them to reopen the account, and offered to provide any information they needed. They did not log the complaint and merely stated that the account was closed and could not be reopened and that because it was closed they could not tell us what information was required. A week later a complaint was raised which this time was logged. It is coming close to the time limit of eight weeks for them to respond with a resolution. After other complaints raised with a number of phone calls still a resolution letter has not arrived. Apart from that numerous other hastles have occurred and other complaints have been raised with them over the last few years."
"Joke of a bank!! Recently opened an account and after I eventually set up online banking after they did not send me requested information for over 2 weeks they then suspended my online banking after I had made 1 transfer. They now say I have to go into a branch to get online banking reinstated but all the HSBC branches near me have either been shut down or close at 3.30! I will go to a branch but only to do one thing and that is close the account and run away as fast as I can. Avoid this bank at ALL costs."
"HSBC's internet banking offering is a disgrace. Firstly the simple online application process is absolutely awful, amateurish, full of ambiguities and error traps, user unfriendly in the extreme. I started the application process to open an account in May and it took me till September and a letter to Chairman of HSBC to complete the process. I have tonight been trying to look at my recent transactions. Trying to look at transactions after the end date of the last statement is mind numbingly hopeless. You put in a date range ( which meets the criteria ) and up pops up an error message and transactions for a different date range. I believe that HSBC have bought a system from a third party. If so they've bought a lemon. A bunch of teenagers could do better. With banking moving increasingly online a secure, user friendly online interface should be a core part of HSBC's offering. HSBC's offering is laughable."
"Resolving any problem with HSBC is a nightmare. You can never speak to the same person. Directions to resolve a problem given by one employee is apparently never served with any others. Carefully following directions given by your employees never seems to resolve a problem. When we re-fied we didn't even consider HSBC even though HSBC had our original mortgage because we were tired of the endless hassles. Any problem gets bounced between employees in the Philippines and Buffalo NY and non of their employees seem to have any idea what the others are doing or how to resolve anything. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BANK HERE. The worst private sector bureaucracy I have ever dealt with."
"Warning,warning, warning! Has to be the very worst rip off bank ever! I recently switched banks after being with Hsbc & formerly midland bank hsbc took over since 1980. Hsbc debited my closing account after my switching £25.00 to an other banksending you owe us letters before they will close account. Hsbc is with out doubt the all time wort bank. Be warned!"
Hsbc is rated 1.42 based on 273 reviews