Hsbc Reviews

11% of reviewers recommend Hsbc

How would you rate Hsbc?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

209 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
AATIF MALIK

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Hsbc in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Worst Bank ever. Third class training to Mortgage Advisors. Went to See a mortgage advisor Dan in Walsall with one of my clients. She was very rude and didn't want to listen at all. HSBC if you want business kick the bad apples our of your Bank"
"WORST BANKING EVER Not only as a result of my card being cloned twice in 1 month, I had to realise this by my card declining and me having to contact them, once I had got in touch they informed me the account was locked............ why did they not get in touch rather than me have to face the embarrassment of my card declining, NOW, my little key card calculator thing stopped working, I have attempted for the past 2 days during my lunch hour only to be put on hold for so long I have had to hang up to return to work, the 2nd time they answered only for me to be told there is a lock on my account and to be put on hold again, after 40 minutes I had to hang up (the number is not FREE) I am now left being unable to access my money and will now need to spend my lunch hour travelling to a bank to sort this out as I have been put on hold for over half an hour each time,"
"Hsbc is no longer supportive of small business enterprise and it will be their downfall. From my personal experience I am pretty shocked at how impersonal they have become. Zero customer service, zero flexibility. After banking with them for nearly 20 years its such a shame to see them loose sight. Bank fines have made them far less than local. Hong Kong Shanghai Bank run by english and americans r.i.p. I was a business customer, Premier Customer and held over 5 accounts with them 20 years. In turn to meet compliance they shut my account without a courtesy call. Goodbye Hsbc... Shame that the Hong Kong Shanghai Bank is run by British And American management. Not an asian service anymore"
"I wish I can give them a 0 start, but unfortunately 1 is the minimum. Worse bank in the uk. I would like to know if they receive a proper training as every branch has the same unprofessional staff 👎🏻"
"Awful, awful, awful. Online interaction is like something from the 1990s."
"it is the worse bank i have ever dealt with, they take your saving and make it very very difficult to get them back, sending you on a goose chase in the process"
"After near on 40years with no problems we both were sent the safeguard forms, we filled them in sent them back to the UK, we live in Bulgaria and were contacted that they were not acceptable, telephone calls, secure messages, livechat and emails did not work for us, so we filled in the complaints form but to no avail as the documents were not acceptable but 2weeks later we had another letter to say a lady from the complaints department had reviewed our complaint and all documents were ok, also an apology. So if you have a problem and you need help contact the right department, the help is there if you need it."
"terrible business account service. will be looking elsewhere as soon as have a moment."
"HSBC is an immoral, vile and satanic organisation, with no shame in its double standards (google "HSBC fines"). My experience is that they irresponsibly kept increasing my credit card limit (without me asking) and allowing me to build up debts - both on that and with overdraft and loans. I irresponsibly kept spending the money. When I realised I was in trouble and needed to do something about it, they hit me with a 16% consolidation loan despite advertising loan rates as low as 3.3% at the time. I have no CCJs or bad credit. The terms of the loan have just about finished me off. They are nothing more than loan sharks with zero moral fibre. They are the "High Street Banking C***s"."
"Absolute horrible people at HSBC. Am I glad I left them 🤬"
"Awful service! Bad attitude by branch staff...likely to interrupt...make things up as they go...and genuinely hard to do business with. Look elsewhere!"
"Terrible Bank, customer service is really non-existent from the caller centres. Service in the local branch is very good they are let good in a big way by the a caller centre. Call Centre staff are far from helpful, indeed I would say they are obstructive. I have POA on my Mother's account and I have had nothing but grief from the call centre staff. They are so bad they take it to a new level. My wife (who also has POA) was scammed by a company claim to be BT using my Mother's Visa card by bad luck we were sorting out my Mother's BT account. HSBC call centre refused to stop the payment leaving the account, I spoke to a supervisor who was as useful as Chocolate fireplace, he too refused to stop the payment even though it had not left the account. So HSBC are funding criminals by there rules. Although my Mother has banked with HSBC (Midland Bank) since 1947 I will be taking her business elsewhere, I don't want another conversation with their call centre."
"If you want to open a bank account or you want to trust your money to the bank , stay away from HSBC . We were robbed in Europe and after reporting to them and police , 2,5 month of anxiety and waiting,HSBC Vietnam charged us 200000000 VND ( around 8500 USD)to pay for the thieves, even we have clear evidence that transactions were made illegally and they admitted it by sending us receipts with different signatures on them. Premier customers are not protected. After 2,5 month of nightmare I just sharing this to people not to be in the same situation as I was. Stay safe and stay away from HSBC ."
"Waiting for 6 weeks to open up an account"
"AVOID this bank I'm In the process of switching to another bank as they threaten to freeze my account for not filling in forms asking for way too much information now asking for proof of my address WHAT they had all this when I first opened my account 10 years ago GOODBYE"
"What went wrong: Everything."
"I love HSBC. Easy banking online. Lovely female in Dover store, the tall one. Great."
"1 Star is too much you need -1000* rating Terrible the worst in the world!! If you will not resolve my issue on the phone I will plaster it all over Social Media so people can see what Shoddy service you give for long term customers!! 1st of all let me start by the first point is I have had in excess of 25 phone calls to HSBC and have not received any callbacks which have been promised because nobody understands what I am saying (I am not racist so please don't miss judge this) 2nd I have called up to speak to commercial team who have blocked my card for non-payment. Effectign the use of my business. I have had no response to my complaint. I pay this monthly as a standing order and for those of you that don't know HSBC have 2 numbers one for billing and one for your card so if you pay onto the card it doesn't reflect in the balance. 1st I knew surely they should have contacted me about this but NO THEY DIDNT. 3rd called up and the lady said she didn't know what I was on about there is no complaint logged on the system GREAT STUFF!! 4th I have applied for a mortgage and car finance and now have been rejected by this horrendous service I have received. 5th I called up again to be told the complaint is being looked into and someone will get back to me within 5 days GUESS WHAT the Lady is off today SHE WOULD BE WOULDN'T SHEE!!! 6th I Drove to Manchester and Anthony Jones as my witness I was on the phone held in my Phone holder in the car for the full Journey 2hrs and 45 mins to be told that the lady who has logged this on the system is no longer working there and she will take it on herself. Manage LikeShow more reactions · Reply · 3m 7th called today and the Manager says that he will raise the query again as priority but can't promise me as he is dealing with 1000s of customers complaints NOT SURPRISED AT ALLL!! Never had such a Terrible Service IN MY LIFE!!!!"
"Awful bank with own rules and regulations!!!! I have been HSBC customer for over 20 years. When I stoped using regularly an account they threatened me to close it. I have started to use again. Last year HSBC agreed on an informal overdraft, but while I was abroad with Charity work they closed my account and put an default. Apparently, they sent me several letters, which I could not read due to not being in UK. I regret I ever opened an account with them. I am very happy with my Barclays account."
Mrs Jill Wright
Unverified Reviewer
"I have been a customer at the Southport branch of HSBC UK since around 1970. and even worked for HSBC in Hong Kong head office for a senior manager for 30 years. I do not have a cheque account but I have had a savings account for all of that time and money is deposited to it regularly. However, now that I live in Australia I cannot access my own money and pay anyone because HSBC has removed my payees and my ability to set up payees again such as my family. The only way it appears that I can do that is to wait hours on the phone for someone in customer service, who I can usually barely understand, to take my call. The only other alternative is to travel half way round the world to the UK and call in at a branch. And they call this service. Who is the bank set up for? It certainly does not appear to be for the customer. I have given the bank one star, but even that is too generous."
Hsbc is rated 1.48 based on 209 reviews