Hsbc Reviews

7PM
7PM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Hsbc?

Tell us how Hsbc made you happy

"There is too much wrong with the High Street Banking *unts to cover in this short review. But, to those familiar with Star Wars - think of “the dark side”. Think of pure evil. That is my experience of HSBC and I despise them for what they have done to me. A truly wicked organisation."
Are you Hsbc? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Worst bank ever"
"HSBC may be "the world's local bank", but more notably they're the world's worst! I have never had a worse banking experience than with HSBC, they are unhelpful (especially to existing customers), uncompetitive (both in terms of lending rates and banking services) and moreover they're completely incompetent. Thankfully it's been years since I held a current account with this shameful institution (never again shall I make that mistake) but last week I foolishly applied for a 0% balance transfer credit card with them. I'll bullet-point the chaos that ensued to save time: - Nearly a week after my application, without providing even an email confirmation to acknowledge that they had received it, they finally contacted me by email to request further information. - Despite me passing a credit check with ease, they requested that I upload copies of my last 3 payslips and last 3 month's bank statements. In hindsight this was a ludicrous request considering I had passed the credit check, but I figured I was committed by this point so I obliged and uploaded the documents through their frustrating online service. - A further 2 working days after this (again, no email confirmation) I finally receive a call from their frankly downright rude and abrasive credit card team. They start by challenging my declared salary, insisting that they've 'done the math' and it adds up to less than I've declared. Now, like any normal human being on this planet, I know what my annual salary is - so I questioned what 'math' they had done to arrive at this bizarre conclusion. It transpires they are calculating my annual basic salary post-tax and post corporate deductibles (company benefits, pension, etc.). That's not right is it? Damn straight it's not right, in fact, I've been back to their online application screen since to check and it clearly states that they want your annual income BEFORE tax. In any case, there was no reasoning with this particular moron who was adamant they had read my payslips correctly (they hadn't - my salary before tax is clearly stated and if you multiply it by 12, guess what? it adds up to my declared annual income!). In less polite words than I'm using now I 'requested' that they cancel my application and swipe their 0% card somewhere other than a card reader. - 20 minutes later I applied online for a similar card with Santander. - My application was accepted immediately. The moral of this story is: DON'T EVER BANK WITH HSBC, EVER, FOR ANY REASON! With love, Sam"
"I gave them 1 star but if I could I would have given minus 1 as they are so bloody bad, HSBC let thieves take money from my account £99.00 and £94.00 on the same day and the same amounts 14 days later. I had to visit the branch as trying to understand the operatives at the Indian call centre was like trying to knit fog. I started a dispute of trying to get the money back but it seems the fraudsters gave the bank false evidence and the bank found in their favor and took £386.00 from my account and paid the fraudsters. So we are moving our 3 accounts to another bank."
"Dreadful! I've been with them for over 20 years and they confiscated money from my account - bouncing all my Direct Debits and VAT payment. They confiscated the money because they needed more proof who I am - this was AFTER a visit to my local branch with my passport and utility bill and numerous phone calls and emails with the details."
"My credit card was stopped as requested after being lost and a new card issued with the same number! When my statement arrived I had a completely different number on this statement, no wonder my new card doesn’t work! Someone messed up."
"Applied for a business bank account online, had e mails to say the three shareholders had completed their actions. Then after about a month the application got deleted"
"Applied for a business bank account online, spent a long time completing it, had e mails that the shareholders had completed their part and then everthing got deleted. A complete waste of time"
"Horrible customer service, lack of physical locations, and a general don't give a f*** attitude."
"a female named pinky from banglore it seems.i can't believe such stupid dumb females are working with hsbc call centre uk.theres a confusion about my card number and suddenly she is saying about herself like am pinky and from banglore. y the fK should i know about her birth place? she should be solving my problem. i hope she comes out of her mental illness soon. illiterate F"
"Everything was wrong from the moment I received my card. There should be an option for marking '0' star(s)!!!!! For 5 plus weeks I was denied any access to my accounts"
"Hands down the worst bank i have ever seen, I sold a car to another HSBC customer and was told by HSBC customer services that the money would be in my account by 7:30am, I check my online banking and the money wasn't showing so as a precaution and the fact the person had travelled over 1 and half hours to come to see the car, i decided to double check with HSBC to be saw the money would be there. to my dismay the second adviser had sad the transaction had been stopped. So now i was in limbo i was left wondering if i could even trust the bank at all, so i decide to wait until the morning to process the payment as the bank had said because it was out of hours, this is the reason the payment wasn't authorised. So i met the guy the following day we done the transaction hsbc to hsbc online transaction, then to my disbelief the payment showed on my online banking as a payment, only for me to find out its being held on fraud and that i would need to contact the guy to find out if everything was ok with the payment, bearing in mind the guy had already left with my car, Which means as a seller you got no protection what so ever when it comes to online transactions with HSBC there online team are rubbish and a very terrible company bank worlds worst bank ever the saga continues"
"Been with HSBC since 2003 but when I ended up in a coma in 2017 and money was stolen out of my account £1995 by ex they wouldn't pay me back even when I open a case with the police my dad even tried to freeze my account and they said they will but never did ,my other two banks paid me back but I had to take HSBC to the ombudsman .and the Ombudsman have taken my side as I would expect .i now have left this scummy bank . Loyalty means nothing to them"
"Disgraceful bank even brought forward insurance aspects fee so could charge me before I left, after over 20 years of loyalty. Proves I made the right decision leaving this greedy unhelpful bank"
"One of the best banking options I have had in a while."
"HSBC just proved to be the worst bank I have ever had to deal with. Firstly I opened an account with then and a couple of days later I get defrauded of the entire overdraft in that account. And they tell me the fraud was done on my online banking. Clearly my details had been leaked somehow! At that point I’m only 2 weeks in the country, just started a job and getting wages paid into that account. The account was blocked pending investigation after the money was replaced. I had weeks of going back and fourth to the Newcastle-under-Lyme Branch trying to make withdrawals (more like begging for my money) some of it said to be diverted to their central bank account! Next thing they send me a letter that they are closing my accounts, no reason given. Blessing in disguise really. I’m sure there is better banks out there."
"I’ve had continuous issues with HSBC, from innocorrect information being given to me over the phone, to numerous new cards and security keys cards being reissued despite me never requesting them. HSBCs services have wasted many hours of my time and cost me financially due to incorrect information and slow service. I would chose any other bank than HSBC if I was you..."
"I would like to say few words about HSBC branch in Uxbridge high street. Firstly about my bad experience. I went there 2 days ago. Not many people in. One elderly lady from HSBC was sorting out the issue of one customer. I was standing behind and she asked me to sit down and wait for my turn. Took ages. After some time she went out and left me! Fortunately, there was one nice lady who noticed me, her name is Taj, she took care of me. She was quick, helpful, explained me everything clearly and sorted out my thing. She was also very nice, polite and she knew how to deal with the customer, unlikely the other lady. I hope this message will reach her manager ( I asked her manager's name, Gita Hirani). Well done Taj!!! One star for the lady who ignored me and five stars for TAJ!!"
"What a load of awkward people HSBC are. They think they are "it" because they are the biggest bank in the UK. You cannot even have a basic standard saver with them without having a current account as well. You can only have the online one. I want the fixed rate saver. For that I also have to have their flexible saver, and for the flexible saver I have open a current account. I don't want to be flooded with 3 accounts just to get their stupid fixed saver! Beyond useless. I am going nowhere near them just to get extra interest. Waste of time, HSBC."
"The staff are moody and not that helpful a week later and still in the same situation I went to sort out the week before, defiantly would not recommend hsbc to anyone"
Hsbc is rated 1.42 based on 297 reviews