Hsbc Reviews

10% of reviewers recommend Hsbc

How would you rate Hsbc ?

"Don't listen, just going round and round in circles, all jobsworths !!!"
"Fraud on my account spent an age getting through to be told don't worry its nothing, basically fobbed off. Guess what! It IS something!! There has been fraud on my account!! Phoned again (standard LONG wait) the next chap took me a little more seriously and actually bothered to check, so he was helpful. Card now cancelled and the correct process followed hopefully. Seriously thinking of changing banks."
"Insane amount of passwords and log in details to remember which are different based on whether you're on the app or website or on the phone, terrible customers service. Made an account and now can't access it because I forgot one of my many codes so they locked me out. Closing the account would take an insane amount of effort so I'll just leave the little money I had in there and I've opened a monzo which is miles better."
"Hsbc turned into complete shambles. They can't even manage a payment! I arranged for a payment last Friday in a branch and noticed the money still haven't gone through! Its a business payment which means there are timing obligations. They aren't even able to give an answer by phone, can't reach the transaction department... What a joke this bank is..."
"I would give HSBC business no stars if this site would let me. Awful customer service and a hindrance to doing business. Very pleased not to be banking with them any more!"
"Hi just tried to do a bacs payment informed to contact bank drove 10 Miles only to be informed go home and ring safety department so rang them 30 minutes later had answer told that they’re going to send me the total amount in my account by cheque and account will be closed I asked to see bank manager to try to sort it out was told I could in 1 weeks time so am now going elsewhere after 30 years in business at same bank surely there is something wrong with the system not a happy customer"
"I've only been banking with HSBC for about 6 months and have been satisfied. Opening my accounts and getting my cards, etc. has been flawless and efficient. My only complaint is that, hard as I try, I can rarely understand the telephone customer service agents."
"Worst internet banking and app. It is almost impossible to make any transaction on the website. You can’t pay to your own credit card easily. Very disappointed."
Verified Customer
"HSBC has shown unprecedented incompetence in regard to the Charity's bank account, and demonstrated total disregard for the Trustees' personal information entrust to them. These points were considered at the Charity's annual review of financial controls a decision was made to discontinue banking with HSBC"
"If I could give 0 stars, I would. Simply appalling. Two very difficult phone calls and four online complaints and I still have not recieved a written/emailed copy of confirmation of closure of my account (a simple request). Instead I have recieved a copy and paste email multiple times stating a member of the team will be looking into my complaint and numerous identical letters in the post asking me to log onto an online account to an incorrect email account which I do not have. Shoddy is an understatement, not to mention the terrible service I recieved as a customer. Very happy I switched to Nationwide."
Disgruntled David
Unverified Reviewer
"Quite simply the worst website - I bank both personally and business wise with HSBC...well not for much longer. Personal banking I have moved over to Monzo - slick and stylish and guess what - it just works, it's not complicated HSBC - why have you made it soooo effin' complicated! And your webiste - oh my days! horrendous! Why, when I try to log onto YOUR business banking does YOUR website tell me to contact my system administrator because there is an ERROR WITH YOUR APPLICATION!!! It's nuts!!! arrrggghhh!!!!! Rant over. And like somebody else says - I can't actually give 1 star else that would be their true score."
"The customer service sucks! I have been waiting for my card since ages. They messed up."
"There bank and customer service is totally rubbish and poor my account had different transactions going on but with good grief they gave me the money back but they modeled all my transactions and cause they made it that complicated I had no choice but too pay my own transactions back because I couldn’t do with the headache and case taking this to court and in one the branches when my card got eaten the managers approach was very poor like in the street when gangster approaches you for when you owe them money. HSBC is a rubbish bank Halifax and Barclays I rate them better"
"We attempted to Re-Mortgage to HSBC but found their whole set up so infuriating that after 6 weeks of bungling we told them to cancel our application & stayed with our existing lender. HSBC even paid us compensation their service was that bad"
Martin Stringer
Unverified Reviewer
"Extremely poor customer service. No loyalty to a 43 year customer."
"Poor customer service, zero flexibility, terrible rates and not competitive. The most frustrating UK bank to work with in my opinion."
Mr. Jones' Apprentice
Unverified Reviewer
"Mr. Jones' comment "High Street Banking Cun*s" is uncalled for and totally unfair: HSBC are much worse than that."
"I'm only giving HSBC 1 star because the system doesn't allow for me to give them none. My brother and I have LPA for my parents. My 90 year old mother tried to take her own life after finding she can no longer look after my father because her body is closing down. She has now been diagnosed with lung cancer and is in a care home. My 88 year old father is almost blind and left at home. We are doing all we can to sort this out but are really just "firefighting" and the situation has been made worse by HSBC being so incompetent that they can't even sort out internet banking after us spending over 4 hours in their branch with them, doing everything they have asked of us. Their staff are worse than useless, their systems don't work, they have umpteen different departments sending out information within 5-7 working days and then promise that they'll act on it in 10 working days from when they receive it back. Don't put yourselves out HSBC. In the meantime how do we pay for anything? Their branches don't have telephones; not that their customers can call anyway. If you phone them you have to put shedloads of numbers into the system and when you get one wrong, (not because it was incorrect, but because they hadn't the correct number on record) the system locks you out, freezes your cards and you still haven't managed to talk to anybody. I did eventually obtain a number for the branch from a lady in India. It was the wrong number but BT told me what it had changed to and I got through to the branch. Only thing was that it wasn't the correct branch and that's when I found out their Arnold branch doesn't have a phone. They are so bad it is beyond belief. I can see from the ratings they have received that I am not alone in this sort of experience. HSBC you are pathetic."
"Tried to phone up to make an appointment in nearest branch (which isn't very near since they havee closed all the local branches) and by the time I had an appointment I was seriously wondering if I eveen wanted to have an account with them. The telephone system wanted a code I've never had set up and there wasn't a "press if you need a human" option - eventually dropped through to a woman with such a strong Indian accent that I could barely detect what she said. Why do they not have people who speak good understandable english on a UK phone line - really frustrating - seriously considering closing the account I'm so fed up with them."
"High Street Banking Cun*s. I wonder how many suicides they are directly responsible for."
Hsbc is rated 1.45 based on 234 reviews