House Of Fraser Reviews

46% of reviewers recommend House Of Fraser
1PM
1PM

About House Of Fraser: We are the leading, national premium department store group in the UK and Ireland trading principally under the iconic House of Fraser brand name through a portfolio of 62 well-invested stores as well as through our rapidly growing web-store, www.houseoffraser.co.uk. The House of Fraser brand is differentiated from other department store groups in the UK by our 160 year history in the UK retail market, our wide geographic reach (across the UK and on-line), our broad range of high quality premium branded merchandise offered at attractive prices, our increasing exclusive House Brand offering and our commitment to providing an imaginative, exciting and relevant shopping experience to our customers.<br /> <br />

weddinglist@houseoffraser.co.uk

House of Fraser27 Baker Street

Categories:
Clothing
Fashion
Style And Fashion

Tell us how House Of Fraser made you happy

Telephone, Live Chat, Email
"House of Fraser have Stolen £40 by refusing to honour and replace my gift card. I contacted Jenner’s in Edinburgh 3 days after their deadline and it took their head office,only able to contact by email, a month to reply and refuse to honour it. No goodwill given. Left with no choice not to shop in House of Fraser again or Sports Direct. As a customer I have that choice to shop elsewhere."
Are you House Of Fraser? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback House Of Fraser receives and that when things do go wrong, you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"What an absolute joke this company is. I ordered a Vivienne Westwood keyring and received a Radley purse!? There is no customer service telephone number to ring and the online chat is never available. My emails were ignored and i eventually had to open a dispute through paypal. I now have to return the incorrect item back via recorded delivery at my own expense in order for Paypal to refund me. This company claims to be "The leading, national premium department store in the UK" yet has appalling customer service, no contact telephone numbers, goods have to be returned at your own cost and if you return goods to a store you are refunded by gift card. I am nearly £10 down for delivery and return of an item they incorrectly sent me. I would avoid this company at all costs"
"Appalling customer service. No telephone number. Emails ignored. Chat facility hardly available and when you do get on you’re cut off. Waited 3 weeks for refund. Logged PayPal dispute which HOF did not respond to. Got full refund in the end but took weeks. Will never use them again. They should close if this is how they now treat customers"
"Order did not arrive, now over 9 days late, delivery company unable to help and referred me back to HOF, who do not answer their emails, never have a web chat person available and phone ( when I finally found the number) is constantly engaged. This is the worst on line customer service I have ever experienced and their delivery partner, Yodel is equally poor. I will never buy from house of Fraser.co.uk again, at this stage I just want my money back."
"Since changing hands this is the worst… Since changing hands this is the worst experience of customer service ever, other than of course sports direct which is even worse. I am speechless to how bad this store is run, placed an order never received, no response to emails, ended up doing a credit card chargeback. Avoid this company at all costs, I would only ever go there now to try things on and then buy online elsewhere."
"Shocking to have to pay £4.99 to deliver and £4.99 to return. £10 for nothing! Can't even return to a store and get your money back. Can only get a gift card or exchange. NEVER AGAIN!"
"Where do I begin ?? Like many other people, I had a gift card but only been told I can no longer use to due to the new take over with Sports Direct. I had not known about this and missed the deadline to obtain a replacement. The deadline was a very small box, only 2 months. I was not aware of the deadline date - HOF stated this was mentioned all over social media, but this is not true I have even looked back now to see if this is the case and could not see this anywhere. This is daylight robbery as now I can not use my gift card nor get a replacement card. I use to love HOF, but unfortunately another valued customer will NEVER EVER shop at HOF again."
"I am not the least surprised House of Fraser cant keep its customers. I was once a loyal customer until today. I spent more than £200 in clothes this summer alone in HOF. Shame. I went to the Lincoln branch of house of Fraser today. I found a dress I liked near the escalator, but couldnt find it on the shop floor. I nice shop assistant helped me to locate it on the shop floor. I then picked up a dress I liked in the sale, took it to the checkout des, but there was no one there. I waited for about 3 minutes, then this young cashier walked towards me, then stopped and turned her back to me as if I wasn't even there. I coughed for her to acknowledge my presence, but she just kept on rubbing her arms as if she was cold with her back turned to me. I waited for a minute and left. Now, I am a black woman so there is no way in hell she could say she didn't see me. But hey its their loss. Good luck to them."
"I ordered jackect for both me and my son because of the cold weather, I did not get an update when my deliver is going to be, only to get home and find a paper oustide the road dropped by Yodel that my items are with neighbours number 30 which does not exist. All attempt to contact Yodel or House of Fraiser is to no avail. I will never shop from this comapany anymore. I demand a refund or my order. Miss Taiwo Oladunni 07725830786. Have tried all their stores in London and was told they cold not help me. Very angry at this service. I will be writting more reviews until someone contacts me."
"I ordered a jumper from hof it cost me £80 and when it arrived it smelt really bad as if it has been stored in a damp environment, had to pay for delivery as well for it to turn up in bad condition. I am not a happy customer, waiting for a reply to see what they are going to do about it!"
"As HoF is acquisition by Sports Direct, I was advised that I needed to send back all my paper Vouchers and gift card to HoF office in Glasgow to exchange eVouchers, which costed me £6.5 for special delivery. After 2 months, I finally received eVouchers, but they only could be used online. The delivery cost for online order is £4.99, however the system only allow certain amount of eVouchers for one order. If I want to spend the rest of eVouchers, I have to make another order, which will cost me another £4.99 delivery fee. I was a fan of HoF, but not now. Never.... It is a daylight robber."
"Returns policy, rediculous that items ordered online can not be returned to store for a refund, only a gift card !!"
"You stole from me! Stop taking money for goods you can't supply online.You have taken over £360 from me without issuing a receipt or order number and not able to reach anyone by phone or email. Just get ignored. I doubt that I will ever see the goods or the money workout taking further action. I think we are paying their debts. WARNING. DO NOT USE."
"I feel tricked! I bought a few pair of shoes online, as I always do, with the intention of returning those that I didn't want. This is how I shop and I have done it many times before with House of Fraser! Though this time when I went to collect, after the lady gave it to me and there was no way back, she told me they don't offer full refund in the store anymore, it's either exchange or gift card and if I wish to post my parcel to get the full refund I'm responsible for the cost! I trusted that they will stick to their policy on returns or at least notify the customer on their change of policy when they're purchasing! I will return all my shopping( those that I want as well) and won't shop from them anymore."
"Please make sure you want your items before purchasing as it is impossible to return. Bought two items on line no paperwork was given, wanted to return one item have requested over 10 times for an e/receipt they have not replied and house of Fraser will not accept returns without this. You are at a no win situation if there is no customer service shops are going to close I suggest only buy if you definitely want"
"Ordered good on 2/11 and was told by email that they had been despatched on 8/11. No tracking details were supplied and "My Orders" just shows "despatched" so I have no idea even who the Courier is. Emailed Customer Services on 10th November - NO RESPONSE whatsoever. I tried to ring them and heard a message saying "we are not taking calls at the moment". I have now contacted my credit card comapany to ask them to cancel payment. IF I had read the reviews on this page I would never have used House of Fraser and will NEVER use them again. Anyone considering using them should be very wary."
"If I could rate with 0starts I would. I bought a hover and it’s broken. Returned it and haven’t heard since. No replacement. No refund. No answers to my emails. Have been chasing for 3months now. Nothing. Went to a store, they haven’t help at all."
"28/10/18 Clothing items ordered online for an occasion, due to be delivered within five working days. 2/11/18 - not received to date now 4/11/18 Emailed and rang , told on voice message to email and someone will TRY !! And get back within the next 5days. There is no line of communication at all. I am so sorry I ordered something online with such a shabby company . I dread what is going to happen if I need to return anything if I even receive my order. Never never again would I use this online service which is encouraged by the House of Frazer Main Street shops. It is a totally faceless company and nobody wants to take responsibility , interesting concept. I strongly advise if you read this that you don't make the same mistake I have made. Unless they have changed there ways and have a line of communication and responsibility."
"You can tell who has taken it over as there is now a £4.99 delivery charge to pick up from instore. I don’t want a £5 voucher back. Plus I just put something in my basket, browsed another item for literally 2 minutes and when I went to check out the first item had been removed from my basket and is now sold out! Disgusting, shoddy, amateurish service. HoF is off the go to list to shop in now. Shame!"
"Since sold to Mike Ashley, the once brilliant next day delivery service has been totally ruined. Now, if you buy online, the is only two delivery options, one to the store, which unbelievably now costs you money and the second is to the home. There are no speedy delivery option and heaven help you if the item doesn't fit etc, you have to pay the postage for its return, or return it to the store, where you won't get your cash back but a gift voucher. What was a shop that stocked premium high Street brands, with a premium service, now has a service that is better by the budget brands."
House Of Fraser is rated 2.84 based on 498 reviews