House Of Fraser Reviews

Categories:
Clothing
Fashion
Style And Fashion

How would you rate House Of Fraser?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

371 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Ruth Clark
Excellent service and lovely item well fitting and softest wool.

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about House Of Fraser in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
Ruth Clark
"Excellent service and lovely item well fitting and softest wool."
"Sent from my iPad Begin forwarded message: From: Mash Roberts Date: 15 February 2018 at 15:41:12 GMT To: Mash Roberts Subject: House of Fraser review I thought House of Fraser a reputable company how wrong l was!!!!!!! I went into the Maidstone store to purchase a new sofa. I was served by Peter (apparently the furniture manager ??????) I ordered a set of the sofas to be exactly the same as the ones they had on display. Whilst Peter was gathering the paperwork he was telling me all about the evening he had had the night before, how he hadn't had any sleep at all as he had been at the vets with his dog until 4am and then been up early for work. So, I signed all the paperwork and left. Delivery was scheduled for sometime in February. I then received a phone call from the delivery company on Monday 5th February saying that they would deliver on Saturday 10th between 7am and 7pm. Unfortunately there was no way I could be in that day but they said there was no option "Saturday or nothing!" They said if I couldn't be in to take delivery I would need to contact the store I purchased from for a refund as they would not deliver any other day ???? I then had to contact HOF head office but they had no record of my purchase ??? So I had to contact the Maidstone store who finally managed to arrange delivery at a more convenient time. The sofas were then delivered on Wednesday 7th February. To my surprise when the delivery men unwrapped the sofas, they were not the same as the ones I had ordered from the store. The feet were a very dark wood, the ones in the store were oak. I ordered exactly what I had seen on the shop floor! I phoned HOF head office and was told I needed to contact the Maidstone store directly. I then called the Maidstone store directly and they told me I needed to call the head office and they gave me a different number. I called this number and they took my details and assured me someone would call me back. A sales assistant then called me to tell me that Peter was away until the following week and he would call me back upon his return. By the Tuesday I had still not heard anything so I called the store back.........this time I got to spoke to Peter. He was rude and aggressive with me. On three separate occasions I had to ask him to stop shouting at me. By this time I was feeling very uncomfortable and had to hang the phone up. After I had stopped shaking I called HOF head office which was in Sunderland, with a Sunderland area code and who answered ............. Peter from the Maidstone store???? Brilliant, he then started shouting at me again. He was saying I had specified the dark feet, why would I do this when I wasn't even given a choice of the colour of the feet. I ordered the same as in the store, which was oak. Had I known there was a choice and been given the option, I still would have ordered the oak as that is what I wanted. I then remembered back to him telling me how on the day I had ordered my sofa he had had no sleep the night before, maybe he should have not gone into work that day as it appears HE has made mistakes ! This dispute is ongoing and they have now said that I can have the feet that I first ordered but at an extra cost to myself ? The emails I receive regarding this are unsympathetic and patronising. For something that was their mistake in the first place the customer service is appalling! To summarise I have had an extremely disappointing experience (that I fear is not over yet) and I would like to warn people to steer clear of this company as they are unknowledgeable, unprofessional, rude and aggressive!!!!!!!!!!!"
"Absolutely UNBELIEVABLE disgusting customer service. AVOID BUYING FROM THIS COMPANY. Treat the customer like dirt and don't take any responsibility. Suggested that they take a look at their feedback in the last few weeks on Trustpilot and was told "we do not have to". I have NEVER been treated so shoddily by any other retailer. This is the second time I have had a dreadful experience with House of Fraser who clearly do NOT put the customer first. The arrogance is incredible! The South African customer service reps are very rude and unhelpful. Might as well give up. They have no interest in trying to help with issues, using YODEL in order to keep their costs down. Was charged £6 for a next day delivery and package was delivered opened and resealed with tape, tampered with definitely as only part of the order was in the jiffy bag. Tried to order the items I needed for presents four days ago and the website would not accept the order, nothing wrong with my credit card as other stores had accepted it that day before and after the order. Two days later the order was still not accepted and finally when I did get someone that wanted to actually try and help after about 15 calls to customer services I did managed to put the order through only to get an email 2 minutes later saying it was cancelled again. This then prompted me to ring my credit card (John Lewis Partnership) who said there were not issues at all with the card and that the problem was at the retailers end. I called H of F again and was spoken to rudely - a woman insisted it was a card issue and the phone was put slammed down on me. Since then the items I wanted to buy had sold out online so I had to order two different items instead. These have today arrived in a pre opened jiffy bag and not all contents are there. Disgraceful behaviour on behalf of both YODEL and more to the point House of Fraser have no idea at all how to treat their customers. Dreadful, non customer focused company. So today I have cut up my recognition card and have no intention of ever shopping with House of Fraser again."
"Warning to Irish Shoppers DO NOT BUY ONLINE WITH THIS COMPANY. My thirteen year old daughter decided to buy me a special Christmas present of a pair of boots. She found them online with House of Fraser, they cost £55 including postage to Ireland. This was a lot of money to her (she was spending birthday money that she had saved). It was gift wrapped and the first gift under the tree and everyone in the family was told how special it was. On Christmas morning I opened the gift and saw that the boots were too small for me. I told her that they were lovely and we left it until the 2nd of January, to return them. The return choices were bring them to the shop in Dundrum or use the freepost option. We don't live in Dublin, so decided to use the freepost. We repackaged the boots and brought them to our local An Post office. The people working there had a discussion on how to accept a freepost package and decided just to put them in the post bag as the label was clear that postage was free. We didn't get an immediate reply but assumed that this was due to the Christmas rush and gave the company some time. Last week we queried the delay. The outcome of our query was that they had no registration of receipt of the boots and refused to investigate it, as we had no proof of postage!!! Apparently this was all in the small print. I understand that people will try to scam the company. However, I am an honest customer. That should be assumed. I asked the company to look for the boots and find out who dropped the ball. They refused to do this without proof of postage. No goodwill was displayed, most businesses exercise customer care and attempt to resolve a difficulty. They had proof of purchase, product ID etc. I would accept (but still be annoyed) if they researched and still couldn't find the boots, but, not to look is unforgiveable. I wish them luck with our money and returns. Don't shop here, we never will again."
Ann Griffin
"They make me happy because if I make a mistake ordering the wrong size on something they accept it back without any problems. They always deliver promptly and their goods are second to none. I could win the lottery and spend it all there!"
"**WARNING** Do not , I repeat do not buy or order anything from these chancers!!"
"I shop at House of Fraser a lot and I can’t fault them, always excellent quality goods and excellent customer service."
"Ordered 5 things . All delivered in great time. One item to return and very easily done. Superb"
"Faye on the Chanel counter is amazing!! Everyone rave's about her! such a lovely professional person and at the same time nice. House of Fraser are very lucky to have such a gifted Make-up Artist. My friend Dacha from Russia said " Faye has a eye for colour and really does listen to what look you want. When I visit House of Fraser I am greeted with a warm smile and welcome . Chanel products are perfect and to top it off a fantastic Make-up Artist xx"
"Very unsympathetic and inadequate response to complaints. My Christmas presents were delivered to an overseas address that I have not worked at for 5 years. I noticed that I had entered the incorrect address (due in part to the fact I had an 8week old baby but also because the website offers inadequate prompts to check your addresses before you finalise your order) when the delivery notification said my goods were en route to Gatwick. I rang customer services who informed me that they could stop the transport, return to their warehouse and refund me in full. As a result I re-ordered my entire order as I wanted my family to get their Christmas presents! The stop did not go through and my goods were delivered to Switzerland. I have had to pay a Swiss import bill as well as locate my goods and pay an exorbitant amount to have them returned to me. House of Fraser have just said its my liability and offered me no form of assistance or compensation, despite some of the fault lies with their customer service team. For such a "high end" retailer this is appalling and I will not shop online with them again."
Brenda Koder(mrs)
"House of Frazer made me very unhappy..You can never find staff when you want them.After being a loyal customer for yonks Found out every year they cancel points you earn on your card. Only realised when we phoned up to find out how to redeem them we had to have a certain amount before we receive a voucher. (Thousands)"
"Excellent customer service, high quality products. The website is clear and easy to find all products. Fast delivery. Great company to buy from."
"I ordered a pair of Fitflops online and paid £63. The original selling price was over £90 so I was very happy with this price. I received a message the next day saying they were ready for collection at my chosen store (City). I left work early and went straight to the fourth floor to collect them. The lady was very helpful and offered to open them. Straight away I could see they were the wrong ones, a completley different style. She rang somebody up and they said they would sent the correct ones the next day which meant I had to return to the store on a Saturday. I agreed as really wanted the ones I had ordered. I left the store empty handed. Later that day I received a voicemail from the store saying my chosen sandals were unavailable and that the item was wrong on the website. He also said I would need to return the item via the postoffice as I had paid by paypal. I rang the store straight away to tell them I did not have them, they had been retained at the collection point. The person I spoke to said I needed to return to the store to pick up the wrong item and then send them back myself. I queried the logic in this as it was not my error and I had already spent a lot of time and energy on this. He said this is what I had to do so I telephoned customer services who said no, I did not need to do this. The store should return them and then a refund would be given. This was a week ago, no refund. Shockingly bad customer service. I am not confident I will get a refund as I do not think anyone has a clue what they are doing or what anyone else is doing."
"Absolutely dreadful customer service. As far as the staff are concerned, in all areas, Customer Service Glasgow, the store in Altrincham Cheshire and Head Office, feel that they are right and never the customer. As the Altrincham store was empty of customers this week, perhaps the staff would prefer to be signing on when it shuts down instead of dealing with customer issue. On calling the call centre, despite the individual that I spoke to asking me no less than 6 times which store I had been to, he still managed to put Chichester instead of Altrincham - not even remotely similar and a complete waste of a call. He definitley should not be emplyed in customer care. Will not shop at HOF again as I do not need the stress and lack of care."
"Rude and unhelpful staff"
"I really like their products a little bit expensive but overall i enjoy every items from them"
"I bought seven different products in House of Fraser website on the 28/12/17. I found two products were not suitable for me, so I returned then (a jumper ALLSaints and the concentrate 30ml La Mer). In the returning order receipt you can see my reason and my returning items information. I took photo for it before sending. I got refund confirmation email on the 14/01/2018, but the refund is wrong. They gave me the refund of a jumper (that is correct) and the eye concentrate 15ml (that is wrong). In the refund confirmation email they promised me I would get 175.95 pounds. Actually I should get 273.15 pounds due to the wrong refund. I contacted them in online chatting. They told me they would solve this problem for me. Finally I got email that they require proof of postage. The proof of postage is the receipt of postage. However, when I knew my parcel was safely delivered to house of fraser store, I throw it. I think it was not useful, because it was delivered. In the Terms and condition, it said the valid proof-of posting will be required, if items lost or damaged! I am different, my items were perfect and no damaged or lost! The only mistake is from the warehouse careless. I have no idea why they need check the post receipt! I It is not the post office problem. I try my best to provide my proof of postage such as tracking number, but they did not accept it! The tracking number can prove they got my items. I still provide the eye cream picture which can prove I still keep it and I did not return it. Now even though the original wrong 170 pounds refund, house of fraser does not want to give me, until I provide my proof! I got refund remaining by email. The refund email I got and tracking number can prove they got my items. I think it is not legal to refuse refund after receiving returning items! I told them again and again, I do not have receipt of post. They just said sorry and cannot solve it. I need bear 270 pounds lost, even though it is not my problem. I cannot understand that how can they refuse giving my refund after getting my items (Proved in the refund confirmation)! 270 pounds lost is a huge burden for a graduated student with lower salaries. Whenever I think I will lose 270 pounds without any reasons, I cannot work or sleep well, because I am helplessness . I love House of fraser. I always go shopping in there! I will send all of the proof to you including their returning rules. I really need your help. I try to contact them by email, phone and webchat, but no rely. The only online chatting answer is without post receipt no refund! WHAT CAN I DO NOW"
Miranda Capecchi
"It was simple to search the site for what I wanted. There was plenty of choice and sizes in stock so I was able to order exactly what I wanted. When it came to payment and delivery, I was given several options and able to choose the one that was most suitable for me. Delivery was quick and hassle free, as was returning one of the items I ordered. And while the company stated it could take up to 14 days to get a refund, my refund was processed within 5. I also contacted customer services to check they'd received my returns, and their customer services operative was polite, knowledgeable and most helpful."
"I bought a pair of shoes in the sale HoF, Worcester, the label read "Were £53 now £15" I bought them in good faith. When I got home and got the other shoe out of the box it had the original label on the other shoe showing the price as £38! The sale label did not say 'previously sold at another store at £53' I had an email chat with someone and basically they weren't interested. So please be aware that any article you wish to purchase in a sale is the genuine price."
G A Lapping
"Most of the time they supply what I order....."
House Of Fraser is rated 2.95 based on 372 reviews