Hostelworld Reviews

04AM
4AM

Category:
Business & Office

How would you rate Hostelworld ?

"They provided exactly what I needed, a cheap place to stay in London with all the information I needed to get there. The most important of these were a map and directions, and the ability to inform the reception in advance about when I'd be arriving. The communication from the website wasn't excessive to the point of annoying, but enough to be accessible and served as useful reminders leading up to my trip. I'd prefer it if they removed or at least toned down the "one room left at this price!" scarcity tricks that are rife across this and similar websites; A simple price and availability table is always more attractive to me."
"i use this website everytime i need an hostel to stay,i found it helpfull most of the time but i think there is room for much more improvement. they should check the places they advice on the web and keep the standard higher"
"Two weeks prior to where I was going to stay I was contacted by the hostel I had booked for - they told me that they had terminated their relationship with HostelWorld for various reasons and that HW should have been in contact. I was told that my reservation could not be upheld through HW and that I would need to rebook my reservation directly through the hostel. The email from the hostel was the first - and still is the only - time I ever heard about the termination and that the reservation would not be able to be upheld. Had the hostel not contacted me I would not have known at all. Furthermore, when I tried to contact HostelWorld they only answered my initial email. They asked for a forwarded email that I had received from the hostel and then never replied to me again. I sent many emails over the span of a week without any response at all. I also tried calling the number on their website to contact them and was continually met with 'The number cannot be dialed at this time', for some reason. The number never worked and I could never find another number to use. Overall, I have seen the horrible customer care that HostelWorld provides. They clearly ignored my attempts to resolve the issue and showed blatant disregard for my questions and for me as a person. I will definitely never be using this company again and will be making sure that no one I know uses it either."
"#?hostelworld? is a company located in London, which they do not make clearly known or evident on the site. There is NO CONTACT information other than a street address in London, and they charge a 27% NON-REFUNDABLE "deposit", that gets converted to British pounds currency, so if the dollar is weaker in relation to the British Pound, you end up paying more in US dollars when your account - credit card is debited, than it shows as your total on the website when you pay, due to the currency difference. If there is a problem, THEY HAVE NO EMAIL ADRESS AND NO PHONE NUMBER TO CONTACT THEM. When you are booking your room, the advertising says there is "no booking fee" and that you "may cancel at any time up to 2 days prior to arrival, at no charge". These are both lies, since they charge the 27% "deposit" which you find out after paying is non-refundable, so you ARE paying their booking fee, which is 27% and the cost to cancel is forfeiture of the 17% deposit, which contradicts their claim that you can cancel at any time "at no charge". The cost to cancel is 27%. They also do not disclose until after you pay, sales tax is due ON TOP of the amount shown as the room rate you *think* you are getting. BEWARE of #Hostelworld ,?#?Hostels?. ?#?Hostelbookers?, ?#?Scout24? ,?#?BedandBreakfastworld? ?#?Backpackonline? owned by ?#?WebReservationInternational? )). Their website advertising practices are deceptive and if there is a problem, you can't even call or email them, you can only write a letter and MAIL it through the post office! This is a really unethical slimy way to do business. BUYER BEWARE!"
"THIS IS A COMPLAINT / REVIEW ABOUT HOSTELWORLD TRAVEL NETWORK - HOSTELWORLD.COM. Dear Editor, I decided to write you adding my experience because I want complain about fraudulent online hostel booking ( Hostelworld.com) but I'm a tourist (italian scientist researcher) and I don't know very well the best way to do it in USA. I booked online a hostel in New York last July via Hostelworld.com (I have the receipt you can read below) but when my plane arrived in NY (during the evening) I phoned to the hostel and they simply told me than there aren't rooms! I didn't find any other rooms that night (was a Saturday night in very high season period)except very expensive hotels so I decided to sleep in my car with my husband and my son but it was not a great experience and it could has been dangerous! I was paid hudge price - more by 200 euro ,,deposit", but Web Reservation International, also owned Hostelbookers.com,Hostels.com,Scout24.com,Bedandbreakfast.com... Don't refund NOTHING I hope you can help me and send this letter to competent organizations. Thank you very much Dr. Milena Merlo Pich From : bookings@hostelworld.com Booking Confirmation (4561-7658102)"
Hostelworld is rated 2.20 based on 5 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!