Holiday Autos Reviews

Car Hire

Tell us how Holiday Autos made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
Over a week
"I rented a car to be picked up at Manchester Airport, US. When it was not there, I called Holiday Autos and was told it was Manchester Airport, UK and nothing in the invoice and receipts stated the pick up was in the UK. I was told nothing can be done for me and I can not talk to a supervisor."
Are you Holiday Autos? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Holiday Autos receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"In July went to Cyprus , my wife was in wheelchair ,went to the desk , they said there is no car, and they had emailed Holiday autos to cancel, we had to hire a car from somewhere else cost us £350, contacted Holiday autos on return each week receive enail they are still looking into this, 4 months latter still no refund, will not answer there phone keep away from them"
"Like other reviews here, appalling service. Didn't receive a flight number from airline until 2 days before booking. Tried to update them by email and phone, nothing from them. Flight was delayed, knew this sitting in departures. Tried to update them, nothing from them. Resulted in rental company being shut, had to rent another car last minute for £360, for 2 days!!!! A tiny Skoda Fabia. Such a joke. Emails them upon return and they told me, tough luck. Total and utter scumbags. Stay away from these thieves."
"Requested an economy car at Montpelier airport and got a mini.much too small for five people.no power Teeny went boot.this is a mis sold contract.if don't get refund by Monday going to trading standards and watchdog"
"The website did not say that I needed to have an international driver's license and then the rental office refused to lend me the car. Afterwards, they refused to issue a refund even though the vehicle was never rented to me. It was a major inconvenience on my trip to a wedding that was only made worse by their email communication."
"Complete scam! Rental was advertised at an attractive rate (last-minute flight to visit sick relative). Booking never got confirmed. When I tried talking to them, they tried to say they could book with another provider for 7 times the initial rate. I then tried to cancel and they wanted £50. Absolutely unbelievable. NEVER USE!"
"We reserved a car using Holiday Auto roughly a month ago. When we arrived at the location the car had been reserved, we were informed there were no cars available and our reservation would be canceled as a result. We ended up renting a car from a different rental agency directly. Our reservation was cancelled over a month ago at this point, and we have yet to be refunded the rental and insurance amounts, despite the immediate cancellation by the rental agency."
"they did not respect their policy about refunding"
"Very bad customer service. No bidy answer the phone to solve my issue and I spend more than two days calling the local service desk number on my reservation and the UK number. At the end still no response. Via email took a week for response and their final decision was not to refund my money for a rental car that never happened because they dir not rent me a car in Greece. Be aware do not rent with them. 3 other customers had similar issue at the counter and couldn’t rent a car. Rhodium was willing to cancel the reservation right away, but Holiday Autos did not allow them."
"I wish there was a negative reviewing option for this company. They accepted my booking 30 mins prior to the reservation start time and Sixt denied me a car due to my international license. Sixt was ready to cancel my reservation for free, but as it was booked through Holidayautos, they weren't able to do that. And when I reached out to Holidayautos, they plainly denied any refund. Beware of them, and book directly through the companies."
"Awful. Booked a car through them, when got to the car supplier they didn’t accept AMEX to block a deposit, so the car rental company cancelled the entire contract with me and said I will be able to get a refund from holiday auto. I contacted them and they refused to process a refund. When I asked them who will then pocket the money I paid for the car- if not the car rental company and if not refunded to me, the customer service rep (Alex) ended the chat and left. Zero customer service, absolutely appalling . They are con artist , just pocketing whatever money of yours. Would never use this company to rebook ever. Wouldn’t even give them one star."
"I booked a car seat for my 3 year old daughter. They had nothing when I collected the car and I was told to go and buy one myself - absolute joke. I had to drive my daughter to local shopping centre in Lisbon at risk buy a seat for €50 and waste half a day of our holiday in doing so. On returning I raised this with them expecting at least a refund of the cost of the chair. They only offered a £20 voucher off our next hire with them in the next 12 months. We have no plans to hire a car in that timeline so completely useless and still €50 out of pocket. ABSOLUTE JOKE!!"
"Hired a car with Drive & Go at Porto airport who were an absolute disgrace bordering on the illegal ! They entice customers with initial low charges with the intention of scamming them for dubious damage claims! Yes I can accept some responsibility for not checking out their reviews first but why does HolidayAutos list such disreputable companies and then wash their hands of resultant complaints,surely they must have some moral responsibility THEIR CLIENTS ? Virtually impossible to speak directly with anyone at HolidayAutos,you seem to have forgotten the golden rule that YOUR CUSTOMERS ARE YOUR COMPANY so start shaping up!"
"This is a terrible company that is very deceiving and canning. Their wording of the terms and conditions is quite unclear and they are very difficult to get hold of. You may spend at least 20 minutes for someone to pick up a phone and they left a chat box on their website which is not working. I have lost my money and couldn't take the car from the agent and was about to loose my business until I rent another car from a another company. Wouldn't advise anyone to go with them."
"Charlatans. Thieves. Avoid like the plague. Left my party, including an 84 year old, physically disabled person, with no car ( despite having prepaid 300 quid for it) and no support. Mealy mouthed, computer-generated responses."
"BEWARE OF THIS AGENCY. We rented a full-sized car in June at Heathrow, fully paid in advance, and my credit card was charged for the full amount upon booking (2 months prior to arrival). Our flight was delayed, so on arrival at the rental desk l I was told our reserved vehicle was no longer available, and I would have to pay an upgrade for the next available car. Complete BS, my car was FULLY PAID, they should have held it indefinitely, they had nothing to lose. Just a scam and a way to take advantage of travelers who are stuck in a foreign country. Holiday Autos hides behind the shield that they are "just a broker", and the actual rental company enforces the terms. In our case, we were a few hours later than originally indicated on our rental agreement, so they claimed the car was rented to someone else, and we had to pay for an upgrade."
"Picked car up from airport and the following day it broke down, we lost the use of the car for a day and had no support from them. Then we have been waiting for over a month to get a response to our complaint. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.....they are really not bothered by the customer experience."
"My flight was cancelled and I tried to cancel my booking. I knew that I would not be able to cancel the pick up from the airport but I was giving much more than 24 hours notice for the pick up from the hotel 2 days later but I was told that I could not have a refund for this. I had two emails from the taxi firm in Amsterdam asking me to confirm the bookings and I telephoned them to say that I had already had to cancel. They were surprised that I had to pay for the pick up from the hotel given that I had given over 24 hours notice. I would definitely not use you again, some good customer service would have been appreciated. Don't use this company."
"I just hired a car with Goldar Car Rentals, via Holiday Autos in Chania Crete. Everything was fine until we got back to drop the car off and we had received a parking ticket, which we could not read. We gave it to the desk on our return, with the 40 Euros to pay the fine. They then charged us a further 40 Euros admin fee to pay the fine and gave us a leaflet, which was predominantly in Greek, and had been lying on the desk. They had not given us this leaflet, or pointed it out when we collected the car and said that we should have contacted them when we got the fine and we could have paid it ourselves. They refused to admit that they should have given us this information on collection. When we collected the car, before we had driven off, they had closed the office and I believe this should have been part of their service, not only to show us the marks on the car but what to do in the event of parking issues. It left a very bad impression of the company."
"I have always found the company very good but disappointing they will not investigate complaints. I booked a car with Dri>e in Crete who also trade as Euro Dollar presumably to try and make out they are a bigger firm. Don’t use them! Avoid at all cost! They trade as Drive and Euro Dollar and that’s what they are after - your money! The car was badly damaged all over on collection and at the man on the desks suggestion we took pictures of the damage as I already had insurance cover on credit card policy to cover hire car excesses. As I was taking the pictures he said don’t worry about the small marks. Now I know why. On returning the car he claimed a tiny paint chip on the rear bumper had been caused by me despite the rest of the bumper being badly damaged in the photographs we took at the start of the hire. Unfortunately this bit of the bumper wasn’t visible in the photographs. He said the standard charge was €200 euros and this would be deducted from my deposit or alternatively he would reduce the charge to €100 if I paid straight away. This is an absolute con. Basically trying to defraud visitors to the island is discussing. The firm is giving the island a bad name with honest holidaymakers. I reported it to the police in the terminal but sadly they weren’t interested. It’s a real shame things like this leave a bad taste from an otherwise amazing holiday."
Holiday Autos is rated 1.18 based on 114 reviews