Holiday Autos Reviews

Woking

Categories:
Travel
Car Hire

How would you rate Holiday Autos ?

"I've spoken with a customer service agent who started every single sentence with "But" as he kept reading policies I had no idea about. CC hanged up the phone on me as soon as I requested to speak to a manager. The trust couldn't be restored. I was advised by my bank to wait until you fully take the money before lodging a dispute. Every single rental company will only charge you once the deposit if fully taken from your account, not the other way round to avoid any charges unless the customer goes ahead with the rental. It impossible to get hold of a customer service when you call them to cancel on time and now they say you never contacted us so we cant refund you. really? so you think it's acceptable to take people money without them having any product or service in return?"
"I recently had the misfortune to be duped into booking 2 holiday rental cars with Holiday Auto's at Malaga Airport. The Flash sale 40% discount draws you in, once you've booked they keep sending you emails to book the damage insurance, when you arrive at your destination the car rental firm - Centauro Malaga in this case will only honour the damage insurance if you give them a further 1200 euro's deposit which makes an absolute mockery of the insurance premium you have paid for. They charge 22 euros per day for their damage insurance which means you dont have to pay the 1200 euro's deposit -to say it is a con is an understatement. They are not content with making on the insurance. If you arrive on a late flight you are charged for the privilige of waiting for their 8 seater minibus to take you to the depot a further 40 euro's. You then have to wait to be served because there is only two staff on. I have hired many cars abroad, I have never been so ripped off by a company, I could have booked a top of the range car with Hertz Avis or any of the more well known companies and paid less than I paid for a shambolic service. This company are greedy, they do not deserve the business and I for one will never use them again. They get one star for the car which was clean, given I'd booked a Vauxhall Astra / a vehicle for 5 the mini they supplied would not have sufficed. I am unimpressed."
"complete scam! the terms and conditions are irrational and designed to not to be seen. I just realized all of the dumb points after the payment. Cancellation policy? just forget it. No refund, no cancellation confirmation whatsoever. I believe that they get all of their money by using this method. go to the hell!!"
Robert Bogatec
Verified Reviewer
"Unprofessional, dishonest, scammers. Their good partners will try to sell you expensive insurance. Refusing you might not get the car. Criminals"
Never Ever Again
Verified Reviewer
"I was charged over £300 for 5 days car hire. Expensive and unhelpful call service. Never ever use again."
"No any help or support from them when I was overcharged by budget. I was charged for items that holidays autos voucher stated as included. They just said can't help as I have signed the agreement. If I Hadn't I would end up without a car! Usless"
Greg Charman
Verified Reviewer
"Really just best to pay slightly more and go direct. These guys aren’t looking to help you out should something go wrong. They provided poor as well as incorrect and misleading information and customer service was really poor. Having notified them of a big in there system I have been ignored"
"Great service, nice car reasonable price (not the cheapest but reasonable). Would use them time and time again if they did or any company did a loyalty discount, I rent many cars a year and always use different companies dependant on price, be good to just use 1."
"We booked an Abbycar through Holiday Autos at Kalamata Airport and selected their online excess insurance cover. At the airport Abbycar’s agent told us our insurance was worthless and we needed the get theirs which was really expensive. I phoned Holiday Autos for advice and I guess the lady, seeing how stressed said the Axa insurance was fine but she told me to go ahead with them and they would reimburse me and they would re claim from Abbycar later. (We were given a badly damaged Europcar in an aggressive exchange which ws neither checked in or out.) If it hadn’t been for Holiday Autos our holiday would have been spoiled because I wouldn’t have taken up a scam like that. I also understand that they can’t check out every one of the thousands of car hire offices they broker but the point is that they sorted my problem in the most sympathetic and professional way."
"Cost of car for holiday was quotes and paid for at £78. Upon arrival at Palma airport I was told I'd have to pay £50 in taxes and £110 in charges imposed by Gold Car and the £78 I'd already paid was for Holiday Autos not for Gold Car.. When dropping the car off I asked for the car to be looked over and signed off to ensure I would'nt be charged for damage I hadn't caused. I was told this wasn't nessacary as I'd paid £110 for full liability cover. I hadn't asked for this and when I questioned it was told it was a charge I NEEDED to pay in order to take the car. Holiday Autos should not be working with companies such as Gold Car who exist only to rip off customers."
Robert Mielczarek
Verified Reviewer
"The company charged me 25 euro for late pick up (70 min after the scheduled pick up time) even though it was related to delay flight. Will never do business with this company ! I called the company and said that I have a flight number and they can easily verify this information. The response was stunning: "we are not interested in verifying this information as you did not enter the flight information at the time of booking" They provide 'better prices' but seek in additional charges."
"Company did not inform be that the "deposit" must be from a credit card that is only VISA or Mastercard. They would not accept a debit deposit instead, so I had to pay double for my rental. In addition to this, I was guaranteed the model of car I booked online, but I did not receive this model. I complained to the company and their complaint handling was poor and refused to accept any error on their part. When there are plenty of similar alternatives to this company for car rentals, I would highly recommend going with the alternatives, even if they cost a little more."
Graham Keeble
Verified Reviewer
"rip off. all very well saying how much it costs when booked on line. substantially nore had to be paid on arrival at Majorca airport. very disorganised set up, we will never use them again..."
"My group rented a car at London Heathrow Airport using Holiday Autos, but the rental car agency refused to rent us a car without a passport as a secondary form of ID (We live in the UK so usually do not travel with passport). All of Holiday Autos' customer communications (in 3 different places which we checked) indicated that a secondary form of ID MIGHT be a passport but really just had to be a government-issued ID card, which is what we were using (a biometric UK residence permit). We ended up having to rent a car at another place for a much higher price in order to get to our destination. Holiday Autos needs to revise their secondary form of ID guidance and reimburse us fully for the original car rental and the replacement one!"
"In March 2018 I rented a car from Holiday Autos in Salt Lake City. Although I was a tourist and not a US citizen, I presented my US driving license which I happen to have. They not only refused to rent me the car, costing me $881 for the week's rental, but they also would not refund me the eu220 which I had already paid for the car. The customer support demanded a series of documents but were totally unresponsive and seemed to have absolutely no interest in helping. My impression was that they were doing everything possible so as not to provide support or to take responsibility They are brokers and do not take responsibility. I would stay away."
Stuart Hinson
Unverified Reviewer
"D'ont bother, go with the well known companies."
"We rented a compact car from Budget Sheffield via HolidayAutos website to be picked up the next day at 9am. After we have left home to pick up the car, my sister (who was the contact person) received a phonecall from Budget Sheffield saying that the car we requested was not available. We argued that we already have the booking and paid for the car. But Budget Sheffield told us that any refund needs to be requested from Holiday Autos. We then asked for a confirmation email from Budget Sheffield that no car was available. But they told us that we should call Holiday Autos and Holiday Autos can call Budget Sheffield to get the confirmation. Called Holiday Autos who called Budget Sheffield and confirmed that there was no car available. But Holidays Autos did not help us with finding a replacement but told us to make our own arrangements with the local car hire suppliers. And that we should lodge a complaint later for the refund. We had to immediately find a replacement car within a short period of time. Most of the car rental companies had no automatic cars available. Luckily Enterprise Maidenhead was able to arrange for an auto car to be sent from another branch. After the trip, we filed a complaint through Holiday Autos. Holiday Autos came back to us saying that Budget Sheffield claims that we never turned up to pick the car and so there cannot be any refund. As we had no written evidence from Budget Sheffield, we could not refute their claim. Stay away from Budget Sheffield and HolidayAutos! Not to be trusted. We recommend Enterprise instead."
"I wish i could give less !! Terrible outfit who wash their hands of customers. Gave us a car no where near its booked point with a wing mirror hanging off. when trying to complain told we are a booking engine. they have no standards so do not trust them pay for a professional service."
"They charged us 200 euro for missing car papers which we are not sure we received. We booked our reservation in Vienna, Austria."
The Worst Rental Experience I Have Ever Had
Unverified Reviewer
"I booked a car via Holiday Autos two hours before going to pick it up, naively thinking it was better to go through an aggregator site than directly to a small car rental business in the UK. When I arrived at the car rental desk at the time of my booking, they advised me that the class of car I had booked was not available, but I could have a slightly smaller car. I then found out that I could not take it across borders as they were not insured to do this. I asked for a refund. They said they would be happy to do this, but as the money was held by Holiday Autos, I would have to contact them. Of course, it proved difficult to contact Holiday Autos - their website has so many redirects it wouldn't load and finding a contact number was almost impossible. By the time I had gone through this whole process, it had taken me about 20-30 mins, at which time I was 20 minutes over the time I had booked the car for. When I finally spoke to Holiday Autos, they advised me that as it was now past the time I had made the booking for, I was not eligible for a refund. I can only assume that the policy was put in place for specifically this reason - who shows up to collect a rental car before the time they have booked it? Of course, no one does, so no one can find out f any error has been made until after the no refund policy kicks in. They also advised me that their terms and conditions states that cars cannot be booked for cross border travel. When I mentioned this to the car rental desk, they told me that this was true, but that Holiday Autos had been told by them many times that this was not disclosed properly as people kept showing up to rent cars to take across border. Of course, as Holiday Autos then kept the entire amount of money (none was paid to the car rental company), they have clearly decided not to correct the misunderstanding that they are profiting from. This has been a horrible experience. Holiday Autos are a highly unethical company who knowingly take advantage of the fact that their customers are foreigners in transit from their home countries with limited ability to make trouble for them."
Holiday Autos is rated 1.24 based on 63 reviews