Holiday Autos Reviews

Woking

Categories:
Travel
Car Hire

How would you rate Holiday Autos?

50 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Holiday Autos in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"My group rented a car at London Heathrow Airport using Holiday Autos, but the rental car agency refused to rent us a car without a passport as a secondary form of ID (We live in the UK so usually do not travel with passport). All of Holiday Autos' customer communications (in 3 different places which we checked) indicated that a secondary form of ID MIGHT be a passport but really just had to be a government-issued ID card, which is what we were using (a biometric UK residence permit). We ended up having to rent a car at another place for a much higher price in order to get to our destination. Holiday Autos needs to revise their secondary form of ID guidance and reimburse us fully for the original car rental and the replacement one!"
"In March 2018 I rented a car from Holiday Autos in Salt Lake City. Although I was a tourist and not a US citizen, I presented my US driving license which I happen to have. They not only refused to rent me the car, costing me $881 for the week's rental, but they also would not refund me the eu220 which I had already paid for the car. The customer support demanded a series of documents but were totally unresponsive and seemed to have absolutely no interest in helping. My impression was that they were doing everything possible so as not to provide support or to take responsibility They are brokers and do not take responsibility. I would stay away."
Stuart Hinson
Unverified Reviewer
"D'ont bother, go with the well known companies."
"We rented a compact car from Budget Sheffield via HolidayAutos website to be picked up the next day at 9am. After we have left home to pick up the car, my sister (who was the contact person) received a phonecall from Budget Sheffield saying that the car we requested was not available. We argued that we already have the booking and paid for the car. But Budget Sheffield told us that any refund needs to be requested from Holiday Autos. We then asked for a confirmation email from Budget Sheffield that no car was available. But they told us that we should call Holiday Autos and Holiday Autos can call Budget Sheffield to get the confirmation. Called Holiday Autos who called Budget Sheffield and confirmed that there was no car available. But Holidays Autos did not help us with finding a replacement but told us to make our own arrangements with the local car hire suppliers. And that we should lodge a complaint later for the refund. We had to immediately find a replacement car within a short period of time. Most of the car rental companies had no automatic cars available. Luckily Enterprise Maidenhead was able to arrange for an auto car to be sent from another branch. After the trip, we filed a complaint through Holiday Autos. Holiday Autos came back to us saying that Budget Sheffield claims that we never turned up to pick the car and so there cannot be any refund. As we had no written evidence from Budget Sheffield, we could not refute their claim. Stay away from Budget Sheffield and HolidayAutos! Not to be trusted. We recommend Enterprise instead."
"I wish i could give less !! Terrible outfit who wash their hands of customers. Gave us a car no where near its booked point with a wing mirror hanging off. when trying to complain told we are a booking engine. they have no standards so do not trust them pay for a professional service."
"They charged us 200 euro for missing car papers which we are not sure we received. We booked our reservation in Vienna, Austria."
The Worst Rental Experience I Have Ever Had
Unverified Reviewer
"I booked a car via Holiday Autos two hours before going to pick it up, naively thinking it was better to go through an aggregator site than directly to a small car rental business in the UK. When I arrived at the car rental desk at the time of my booking, they advised me that the class of car I had booked was not available, but I could have a slightly smaller car. I then found out that I could not take it across borders as they were not insured to do this. I asked for a refund. They said they would be happy to do this, but as the money was held by Holiday Autos, I would have to contact them. Of course, it proved difficult to contact Holiday Autos - their website has so many redirects it wouldn't load and finding a contact number was almost impossible. By the time I had gone through this whole process, it had taken me about 20-30 mins, at which time I was 20 minutes over the time I had booked the car for. When I finally spoke to Holiday Autos, they advised me that as it was now past the time I had made the booking for, I was not eligible for a refund. I can only assume that the policy was put in place for specifically this reason - who shows up to collect a rental car before the time they have booked it? Of course, no one does, so no one can find out f any error has been made until after the no refund policy kicks in. They also advised me that their terms and conditions states that cars cannot be booked for cross border travel. When I mentioned this to the car rental desk, they told me that this was true, but that Holiday Autos had been told by them many times that this was not disclosed properly as people kept showing up to rent cars to take across border. Of course, as Holiday Autos then kept the entire amount of money (none was paid to the car rental company), they have clearly decided not to correct the misunderstanding that they are profiting from. This has been a horrible experience. Holiday Autos are a highly unethical company who knowingly take advantage of the fact that their customers are foreigners in transit from their home countries with limited ability to make trouble for them."
"TERRIBLE customer service! had an issue with my rental and ended up not taking the car. After a long time, they did a partial refund and did not respect their own rental contract. They kept more than what was stated on the rental policies and after that,, nobody answers my emails or messages. I am writing this review in order to get people aware of their lack of respect for customers."
John Roadnight
Unverified Reviewer
""Don't take the risk: Buy our insurance to cover your excess". And I stupidly fell for this when I booked my car in Cape Town. Minor accident - my fault - and rental company took £1900 from my account. AXA who apparently underwrite the policy won't pay because the rental company is not providing them with a sufficient breakdown of what part of the £1900 was spent on the car I hired on what on the other car (what does it matter?) - refuse to pay a penny. Holiday Autos say: "Nothing to do with us - we only make the introduction. Complete scam. If I'd paid the rental company a bit more when I hired to cover any excess on an insurance claim I would have been fine, but because I followed Holiday Auto's advice I'm nearly £2000 worse off - and no one cares."
"Please DO NOT use this company for car hire!!!!! BA overbooked my two children’s and my flights and were put on the next flight to Turin which was 5 hours later. I had paid Holiday Auto’s in full but when I went to collect my car from Optimo Rent at Turin Airport they said my time limit had expired which in the small print is 2 hours after my booking so had to pay €150 each way to get to the resort, Optimo Rent had no other cars available???? I have tried to get Holiday Auto’s to return my money or even asked for a credit for another holiday and they are not willing to offer anything? Customer service, appalling!!!!"
"Very bad experience with them!! I’ve booked car for a week in Australia and they forgot to say that they will take $4400 deposit on the car what is a joke I’ve been renting cars for more then 10 years and max deposit I’ve paid was $1000 but $4400 who can afford this is more ten my whole holiday not enough they haven’t give me refund as I wasn’t t able to pick the car up due the deposit they just scammers. There is no information about such high deposit until you receive booking confirmation. Highly no recommending to use this broker !!"
"Stay away!!! I had probably one of the worst customer service experiences with this company. I made a reservation for a car in Florida through their website from where I am studying abroad in Glasgow. I read everything and there were no clear indications that stated that I must have an international license or permit to be able to rent the car. I fly to Florida to find out that my California license is not appropriate to rent the car through Europcar, since Holiday Autos is a third party and does not have their own counter. Six minutes before the pick up time, I call Holiday Autos to explain my situation, and request to cancel my reservation. They put me on hold, and minutes after my pick up time, they pick up the line again to explain to me that I no longer am eligible to cancel my reservation because it's past my pick up time, EVEN THOUGH I had called well before the pick up time. You would think that 6 minutes would be long enough to cancel a reservation! I argue that it's not my responsibility that they took over 6 minutes to cancel the reservation and that I should have not to pay for the whole reservation, insurance AND deposit on the car, but they did nothing for me. I put in a complaint and request for refund with the customer service department, which they replied saying they cannot give me back any money because I did not have an international license/permit. They didn't even address the fact that I tried to cancel before the pick up time and they didn't do it in time so I lost out on $150 on top of the $60 cancellation fee I was already planning to pay. I called my credit card company to explain the situation and that it was fraud. The cc company tried hard to dispute it but said that I had to pay it since Holiday Autos showed enough evidence. Lesson learned, when a company has vague explanations, always call and have them explain things very clear since the wording is apparently clear enough to be evidence. It's a joke that I not only had to pay for the car lost, but the insurance and deposit of a car I never even saw, especially when I've called before the pick up time to cancel. I genuinely feel that they put me on hold just long enough so it was past the pick up time when they came back to the line to explain I had to pay in full enough of rightfully letting me just pay for the cancellation. Don't get scammed. Just go with a legit non-third party rental company. Paying that extra $30-40 to be taken care of and not worried about getting scammed is SO worth it."
"Pessima esperienza, ho preso in affitto online un'autovettura da ritirare ad Ibiza. arrivato sul posto mi hanno precisato che non potevo portare l'autovettura a Formentera. Ho fatto presente che nel contratto stipulato era indicato di non poter portare l'autovettura fuori dalla Spagna e non tra due isole vicine ma mi hanno detto che se l'avessi fatto non avrei avuto copertura assicurativa. non vi dico le difficoltà per poter parlare con un call center che non accetta chiamate dall'estero. Non ho quindi ritirato l'autovettura per colpa loro e mi hanno comunque addebitato (Cartrawler) 50 euro come se avessi rinuniciato per mia colpa ed il noleggiatore Centauro Ibiza si è tenuto 25 euro per Fuel Charge in quanto dicevano di non poterlo restituire. Pessima esperienza. Lasciate ASSOLUTAMENTE perdere!"
"We had a reservation for New Zealand from 9th (Christchurch) to 26th (Auckland) of December, When we came to the office they told us that we have reservation just from 9th to 17th and not to Auckland but just to Picton, so just for south island and nobody ever asked us about the date we want to leave south island. Nobody told us that it's not possible to have one car for both islands so we already bought ferry ticket. Fortunatelly, the ferry company refund the money for car. And the price for car was totaly different than it was declared in reservation."
"After paying in full for a 'fiat 500 or similar' when arriving at the airport late ( approx 3 hr delay) the car had been sold to someobe else. As it was late we didnt have much option other than to get another car of hire value as there were none left in that bracket of 'small car's. Once getting to the lot to pick up new, bigger, more expensive car there were 5 fiat 500's around it. There was no rep in the lot to discuss this with so took our car and went. I had chosen a fiat as that is what I drive at home and it was to be my first to e driving 'on the wrong side as it were. Low and behold I got too close to a motorbike that's pizza box bit was sticking out and broke the wing mirror. Luckily only the glass was damaged. Looked at getting a new mirror from a garage costing €40 but it wouldnt arrive until after we had left so just took it back and was charged €100! When I asked why so many fiats were there i was told tbey were for other people the next day. I didnt leave a flight number which was obviously my fault but it was the only plane to land at the airport as it's small and we were late so it was obvious who h plane we were on. Seen as it had been paid in full it shouldn't have been a problem for it to have sat there all week. When I rang the only suggestion was to call the flight company who made us delayed. So many companies like this out there with no gusto.er servo e trying to rip you off. You've been warned. Do not use this company tho king you might save a few quid. They'll find a way to get it out of you."
"Beware of, when you really need your car. We booked with them a car first time and had to book a replacement car with another company. I booked a car online at holidayautos.com to pick up for a car rental station in Berlin / Germany. Unfortunately, our Easyjet flight from Manchester had 1.45 hrs delay and landed in Berlin after midnight. The car rental station closed at 11.30pm. We contacted by phone the car rental company in before from Manchester, as soon as we noticed that the flight may be delayed. We told them about the problem, and provided our flight number. They advised us on the phone, that we can pickup the car the next morning, and that they will send a fax to the car rental station, to let them know. We had to book a hotel for the night, to be able to do this so. Next morning I called the car rental station at the airport to inform them, that we will come over to pickup the car, but they just informed us, that the car is gone, as they just keep it for an hour, which was before midnight the day before, and that they don't have any other car available, nor will refund the money. Holidayautos.com, where we booked the car online, is not willing to refund the money, even there was no clear notice, that the car can only be picked up within just one hour after the reservation, which they told us at the car rental station first about. They don't care that we got promised from the car rental company to be able to pickup the car the next day, nor react to the fact, that they have not clearly informed us about a one hour window. Altogether... when you really need a car... and you can't control your flight, book better with another company."
"Your company is a scam and does not refund customer even when the customer did not pick up a car. The car was booked for 10 days and no refund was given and also they refuse to speak to you or allow you speak to the manager. AVOID!!!!"
"They allowed me to book a car for collection at 6pm when the local car company shut it's doors at 5:30pm. We had to hire a car from Europcar at quite some expense or be stranded at the airport. Same as the others here they've refused a refund. Total scammers."
"Long story but it took us 2 hrs to get our car from the rental desk in Sicily. The rental company Maggiore did not have the car we booked i.e an estate car and therefore charged us for an upgrade saying we could claim back from Holiday Auto's. They spent over 4o mins trying to sell us the additional insurance which we refused as we had already bought insurance. On the paperwork they put the upgrade down as Insurance - clearly to get commission and this was not in english so we had to take his word for it. When we got home I tried to claim back the upgrade and Holiday Auto's refused as this was documented as an upgrade - no help whatsoever as to how I could escalate the complaint with themselves or Maggiore. They have basically washed their hands of it !! If they are recommending rental companies they need to ensure that these companies are not defrauding their customers, Disgraceful customer service - would never use them again. !!"
Raymond Glendenning
Verified Reviewer
"Cheated. My quotation clearly stated No LOCATION FEES but upon checking my card statement I found I had been charged $270 AU . after a number of e mails I finally got the brush off. Never trust this company, go directly to the car suppliers themselves."
Holiday Autos is rated 1.14 based on 50 reviews