Gousto Reviews

of reviewers recommend Gousto

Tell us how Gousto made you happy
Very dissapointed having a box arrive that I did not order and being charged £47 for. I am hugely dissapointed in this as I was hoping to order 1 off boxes but now I feel I have to cancel my whole account. I asked for a full refund due to not ordering the box and that 3 out of the 4 recipes they chose are not suitable for my family!! Really really dissapointed especially with the current situation and people not being able to afford luxuries like this! Seems very money grabbing at an unfortunate time.
Be careful even when you don’t order they send you boxes
(10) - Posted 2 months ago
Gousto has made our lives so much easier. Being parents there’s just so much to think about so taking away the stress of coming up with meal ideas or the same boring meals every week has been the best decision we’ve ever made. We’ve had Gousto for just over 15 months and it’s been such a great experience! Thank you!
(9) - Posted 2 months ago
Quality has slipped quite a bit lately, when first started with gousto we loved it. Nice dishes and quality products, but last 3 deliveries have sub par, with the last two having spoiled chicken that Stank despite being well in date according to label, so.cancelled subscription.
Gousto has completely changed the way we eat and definitely for the better! With great options on the menu to suit our lifestyle we can eat fresh, tasty food every day of the week. The 10min meals are great for days we are limited on time, family favourites we can enjoy with the kids and recipes we wouldn’t have thought about trying we can enjoy every week. It helps us keep a balanced diet and the ingredients are always of a high quality. The packaging is sensitive to the environment which is another important factor to us.
Gousto meals take the stress out of menu planning and shopping. And what's more , my husband likes to do the cooking as it's all there for him. He particularly likes the new bags for those small bits. Oh, and the recipes are delicious of course. Sorted......
I closed my account in 2019 as items where always missing and/or damaged, food goes out of date within a day of receiving order and overall poor service. Out of the blue I now have a box of food I didn't order being delivered tomorrow and they have taken payment, all of this has been done without my agreement and they have refused a refund. Emanuel customer service person I spoke to blamed me and covid-19 for this. HE said there was no errors then told me about the errors and just kept changing the story. I'm now having to go through my bank disputes team to get my money back. AVOID USING THIS COMPANY. If you call them get the ticket number for the call as they are recorded and the ticket number allows you to get a copy of the recording of your call. Dont email as they deny receipt of them.
My box arrived today without the full set of ingredients for ANY of the meals I ordered. They offered to credit my account with £5 but it’s going to cost more than that to replace the missing ingredients! That’s if I can find them at all! It’s obvious they are struggling to cope with the increased in demand. very disappointing
Have been having two deliveries weekly for past 14 months. Yesterday they sent me an email thanking me for my loyalty. Today cannot order as they say my subscription was paused last year! Customer service not empathetic at all. Really on delivery because in that age group for self isolation
Have been a regular customer and have always really enjoyed the boxes. Today I was emailed to say there had been an issue with our payment, there was no obvious cause for this and the payment was made successfully within a few minutes of receiving the email. However a future box has been cancelled as a result and I have been advised there is no way to reinstate it "due to high demand"
New customers have signed up so it appears nothing can be done to help existing customers. With regret I have cancelled our subscription - not good enough Gousto!
I’ve been a Gousto customer for 2 years and I have to say the way they have dealt with Coronavirus and continues to manage excellent deliveries and making it as fair as possible has been nothing short of outstanding. I recommended them before and now I doubly recommend them (when they start accepting new customers again)
Gousto has its flaws but looking at reviews I am really shocked at authenticity of them. I love the ingredients, I love the dishes, I have never had such variety in my meals before. Being a doctor in acute setting, it gets difficult to find time to cool. Gousto seems perfect. I had issues in past with box being slightly damaged during delivery which is fault for delivery service not the gousto but the entire cost was credited back to me. If I had issues with ingredients, I was credited immediately. Delivering food is not the easiest thing and in spite of their flaws they overcompensate when it comes to their mistakes. Their customer service is rather nice. I am enclosing some photos of stuff I cooked and tbh I am not the greatest of cooks but I really enjoy making their meals.
HelllooooooFresh!!!!!

Rubbish service, Evan worse customer service! Gusto is crap.

Do not waste your time!
Absolutely terrible service and a terrible company never will I ever use you again such a lack of communication which resulted in me never actually receiving my box for the week!!!!!
I will recommend that all of my family and friends NEVER use you!!
So so disappointed with your service just terrible!
Absolutely best thing weve ever done!! Nice fresh vegies and meat delivered every week. We love it and new recipes are added every week. Defo got us out of a Rut of eating the same thing each week which i was fed up with!
Quality of ingredients looked out of date and a lot of plastic, won’t be using again
Read the reviews before you buy. First of all the packaging is bad, quite a few plastic wrappings and plastic which cannot be recycled.

They’re also not very good at dealing with complaints. I had my box delivered Incorrectly (wasn’t put in a safe place and was just left in view outside my front door) and the operative who handled my call was appalling. After arguing with me, yes arguing, he eventually discounted £7 from that particular box. After this I received a reminder from them stating that I hadn’t paid, but my card details remained the same with no need for an update.

I then got a further letter to state they still hadn’t received payment and to make payment, but they can’t actually take a payment over the phone, make of that what you will.

So I updated my card details again, and just hope that they take payment this time.

Would not recommend because when you have a problem, their aftercare is appalling and they just don’t have the customer service you’d expect.

I’m surprised Joe Wicks sponsors them!
I thought I’d give this a try after seeing a 60% discount code on Instagram with the Body Coach.
I received a text message the day my delivery was fit to say my nic round big be delivered until the following day. I got straight on the the customer services, who apparently were extremely busy so I had to leave my email address. 24 hours later, I’m still waiting for a reply. My concern was the use by date of the meat, now a date less and that it took until 3pm to inform me that my box would not arrive in my chosen day.
The box arrived today (7th Jan) I was not at home and the box was left in my safe place. Erm, no my box was not in my advised safe place, but on my door step for anyone to see.
The meat as suspected had a rubbish use by date and the herbs were not useable. Waste of money!
Won't let you put on hold or cancel
Total rip off
We’ve been getting Gousto boxes for a couple of years. In the beginning it was brilliant, good discounts and the 5th box free. Some of the recipes have been amazing and we have made them over and over again.
The boxes we have had recently have not been so good, the discounts they have offered have not worked and the portion sizes seem to have decreased quite dramatically. Still lovely recipes just not enough to feed two adults.
Gousto is rated 3.19 based on 289 reviews