Glasses Direct Reviews

Business & Office

Click Here

Tell us how Glasses Direct made you happy

Over a week
"Don't be fooled by the low prices...the saying "if it sounds too good to be true"...is 100% relevant here! I ordered 2 pairs but only one pair arrived. Despite numerous attempts to explain this, I just gave up as no one really seems interested. A bad job. I'd sooner pay a little more, get better quality and get what I ordered!"
Are you Glasses Direct? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"If I could give this no stars, I would. I ordered the glasses a bit over a year ago and have worn them every day. I recently started having a lot of eye pain, dizziness and feeling sick. Turns out, the glasses I ordered from here are not even CLOSE to the prescription that I sent them. The two lense strengths are the same (shouldn't be) and 0.5-0.75 weaker in both eyes than what is on the prescription I sent them. Tried to get a refund and was told I could send the glasses back, but at my own cost (I am now living abroad, paid the postage for this in the first place and the return would be as a result of their deception, why should I?) and that the refund wasn't guarenteed anyway. Complete waste of money, rubbish customer service, just sending you any glasses you could get in a supermarket for a marked up price. And my eye health has negatively suffered because of it. Disgusting."
"The glasses are a great price but that really shows in the quality (or lack thereof). Initially I was happy with my purchase but the frames are extremely flimsy and one lense has popped out on a few occasions. The worst part is the lenses themselves which get very easily scratched (despite being advertised with an anti-scratch coating), even if you only clean with the provided microfibre cloth. I tried to get a replacement pair but they refused, instead blaming me for mishandling. A second pair I bought (sunglasses) are also flimsy and there is a chip in the plastic frame. All in all, the low price does not compensate for the poor quality of these glasses and you may be left looking for new ones after 3 months. Not Recommended."
"Much the same as some others reviews: Ordered 2 pairs costing £277, supplied my new prescription and photo showing PD measurement. Then nothing, but payment had been taken in a timely fashion! Order status = with opticians, time and time again! Chased them, they have not received the information! Sent it again!! 3 times the information had been sent. I cancelled the order, guess what they found my information!? My phone call was clear and concise, a full refund now! Just save your time and find a decent supplier."
"This whole experience has been unprofessional, the only thing that this company did right was take the money out of my account, I have just rang after 5 weeks and was told they required Information, I had already sent my prescription which was current. I requested my money back and would obviously not recommend this company to anyone"
"terrible quality the glasses broke within weeks i had better quality glasses from poundland"
"Poor website. Took my money without yet asking for a delivery address, then defaulted to a very old work address. Took over 24 hours to get through on the phone (they hadn't answered my 2 emails sent). They agreed to speak to the courier, but not sure they did, because the glasses still went to the wrong place, where I can't retrieve them. Have emailed again, and 4 days later they've not replied. Wish I'd checked these reviews first. You don't get 60% of customers leaving a 1* review by fluke."
"reflects other peoples experiences, unexplained delays, nobody answers the phone, problems with prescriptions the list goes on and on"
"Awful Awful Awful experience. Had bought glasses from them before without problem, so entered new prescription and ordered again. Received a snotty email demanding a signed prescription copy, as I was clearly incapable of transcribing it correctly onto their site. I was annoyed but sent them a PDF of it. Only to get an even snottier email from their nasty "customer disservices" claiming they could not open my PDF as it was an "unknown format". I checked. it was a PDF!!! i tried to phone umpteen times and was left on endless hold. Eventually lost patience, left a message and asked for a refund. An hour later, there was a phone call from an abusive young woman whose command of English grammar was awful and she was very sneering in tone, claiming I had "clearly made a mistake" (one of my eyes is + the other - it is NOT a mistake) I pointed out she could have sent a decent email saying they found the prescription unusual, and could I please confirm it with them and send a copy of the prescription? But no, easier to make out i am completely stupid............... She became more and more sneering and abusive then terminated the call after saying the refund had been processed. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!"
"GISGUSTING! Service takes forever to come, says it would take 7 days MAX to come, it's been nearly double that. Don't bother"
"So, I bought a pair of varifocals, and got a free pair. They send the ‘free’ pair first, I tried them on and they were terrible. Not my prescription, and dangerous to use. So I sent them back. The other pair arrived, all ok. Weeks later, they emailed me to say they can’t process a refund, as they sent me READING glasses, and not varifocals. Be aware they’ll happily take your hard earned, and send something for ‘free’ that’s completely no use to you. Customer service is laughable, you can never get anyone to answer the phone, and it takes days to even answer an email. They don’t look at the email trail, so don’t even answer your query properly. This company is a joke. Avoid at all costs. Wish I’d gone back to specsavers!"
"Completely and utterly useless, I placed an order nearly a month ago providing them with all the important information included on my prescription including the date on the prescription. Nearly a month on that date now falls outside of the range the accept so they will no longer process my order. Had they processed my order on the date I made it I'd have my glasses by now and probably be a happy customer. On top of that they asked me for a photo holding a "credit card sized card to my head", I chose one made of cardboard as it was one containing no sensitive information but it was identical in size to a credit card. Apparently they can't take a measurement because it's made of cardboard instead of plastic... If they can't judge dimensions based on the material of the object I certainly won't be trusting them at any point with the more delicate measurements of my prescription."
"NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE PLEASE AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS. I BOUGHT 3 PAIRS OF GLASSES OF THE SAME MODEL, AND THEY ALL ENDED UP HAVING A FAULTY HINGE. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO REACH CUSTOMER SERVICES, AND THEY JUST SEEM TO WANT TO TAKE YOUR MONEY. POOR QUALITY LENSES AND FRAMES. GO ELSEWHERE IF YOU NEED GLASSES. SAVE YOURSELF THE HASSLE. BOUGHT FOR FAMILY PRIOR TO A PURCHASE OF MY OWN, AND THEY TOO HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. I WAS STUPID TO PUT TRUST IN THIS COMPANY"
"Still waiting over a month. Useless! Take days to answer emails and only after chasing them did they say there had been a 'glitch' with my order. Still waiting a week later!"
"First of all, I ordered a pair of glasses on 9/04/2019, and to this day (07/05) still haven't received them. I chose to use Glasses Direct because I had heard good things about it, but I have had the complete opposite experience with them. After TWO WEEKS of waiting, and hearing nothing from then (only spam emails in my inbox), I chose to call them (which by the way also takes half an hour minimum to get through after being on hold). I was told that they had sent me an email 2 weeks ago asking me to send a picture of my prescription - which I never received. So after having waited for that, then had to get my opticians to post the prescription to me, which also took another week as I couldn't go to collect it due to my working hours. I sent the copy of it via email, and got straight in contact with Glasses Direct to tell them. I spoke to a lady on the phone that told me they would be delivered over the weekend 'but she couldn't guarantee' which I understand. The weekend comes and goes, no glasses. I phone up again to be told that 'my case is urgent' but they wont be delivered until this weekend now. I work a job where I use the computer every day, so glasses are essential to me, and I can't afford to be going over 4 weeks without them. I have consequently been using my old glasses with a lower prescription and a broken arm. Overall, I have had an absolutely APPALLING experience with glasses direct, will NEVER be using them again once I receive these glasses."
"I’ve used glasses direct before and no problems. This time however there were numerous problems, having placed your order and parted with your money. I sent my script and was told it would be 5 days to reply to the e mail. Same again when they wanted measurement for Varifocals! Glasses eventually arrived. Varifocals to completely wrong prescription and I was trying to drive in them. Numerous phone calls between 10-20 minutes on phone waiting in queue each time. Sent glasses back. No contact. Phone call said needed other free pair back for full refund and had gone ahead to change the lenses without contacting me. Eventually refunded me but no recompense.Will never use them again. And advise others not to either."
"Just such poor customer service. I've never seen anything like it. If you value your time and money I would look elsewhere. Or talk to a brick wall, it's more likely to listen and understand."
"This company is a big fat rip off rip-off . A waste of time. I ordered using their 2 for £ 19 deal with the correct code. But the second pair never arrived. After many times trying to contact them unsuccessfully by phone , I sent an email which was unsatisfactory in reply. I was told that the frames I had chosen were to cheap to be in the deal. The advertising loudly proclaimed that it was a two pair for £ 19 deal. How could my frames which were more expensive than the deal not be included??????? I received no satisfaction so naturally wont be using glasses direct again!!!!!!!"
"This company is a waste of time. I have for many, many years bought my contact lenses and glasses online. With my contact lens supplier I put my prescription into their website then 2 days later without fail they arrive. My glasses supplier, I enter the prescription the a week or so later they turn up. I couldn't remember where i got my glasses from last time, I need a new pair as my existing ones were broken by our baby daughter, so I did a search for a glasses company. Glasses Direct came up, i went on their website site and took advantage of their 'buy 1 pair get another much cheaper' style deal. I put my prescription in, first thing it wants a prescription no older then 2 weeks. No problem, I just changed the date to suit. All done, all ordered. Well so i though! I few days later i got an email asking for a copy of my prescription!!! Why!! I uploaded a prescription, thinking that was it. Glasses would turn up in a week or 2. No they didn't! Instead I had another email asking me to hold up a credit card to my face so they can measure pupil distance. Again why?!! I sent a blunt reply saying "Just get on and make the glasses I've paid for. Thankyou" Then another week later, still no glasses, just another pointless email asking about holding a credit card up, pupil distance.....etc. I canceled my order and said I would take my business else where, as it was too much messing about, and to much of an ordeal. People order online for price and ease. They don't all the above BS and haven't got time for it either. Please take your business else where."
Glasses Direct is rated 2.30 based on 87 reviews