Glasses Direct Reviews

Gemini House, Hargreaves Road, Groundwell, Wiltshire United Kingdom

Category:
Business & Office

Tell us how Glasses Direct made you happy

"Send a pair of existing frames, waited ages to hear then an abrupt, rude phone call lasting under 30 seconds to say they could not be reglazed with no explaination why. One of the smaller, independent online glazers did it immediately with great customer service. I’d rather pay a fraction more than give any money to these fools."
Are you Glasses Direct? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Appalling service. Ordered on line. 7 days later "not in stock-choose another style". Did that and guess what repeat performance-"chose another style" --did that now they want an extra £25 AVOID"
"Complained that my glasses prescription was missing info, which was neither a problem before! Don't reply to emails and phone calls as like the company dropped off the edge of the world. I put a claim to PayPal payment protection claim back what I paid. If don't reply to my email, I am trying to contact a nonextistant customer service then I can only think I have been had. Its normal expectations when everybody else think the worst when no longer get hold of a company for paid items neither got"
"If you are going into LIQUIDATION? pls advise so I may make alternative arrangements for my glasses. Lines closed & no glasses, no response to emails no refund nothing. What is going on??? BUYER BEWARE there are people all over FB in same predicament left without glasses."
"Seems like you only reply to me when I leave an angry review online. Okay, let's try reviews.co.uk now. Awful service. Ordered a trial. Took them over a week just to send it. A system error, they said. Or maybe no stock. They weren't sure. Anyways, after 2 home trials, I picked what I want. over a week later they send me an email asking to confirm my prescription. Honestly, I was expecting the glasses to arrive by then, especially since all the info was provided from the offset. Fine. Sent them a picture of myself, so they can measure my PD. Another bloody week later, they email saying that for compliance reasons they need a photocopy of my prescription (why not ask when ordering???!!). This wasn't made explicit in the email at all! Fuckig, fine. Sent a picture of my prescription. Does it work? Does it not? Is my order being fulfilled? Should I just give up on my new glasses? And no, we don't care that you had a busy Black Friday. If you offer something then make sure you can fulfill it. Or at least have the decency to respond in an appropriate manner. You said that my query was marked as urgent. So why can't you respond? It's been 2 days from the last email. Feel free to call the phone number, they say. Okay. Let's try the number. Just wasted 25 (!) minutes of my life - no bloody answer. No buying glasses online for me no more"
"4th Nov 2018 ordered 2 pairs, Payment came out of bank account 5th Nov. 2 weeks no glasses 3 weeks no answer to email They are not answering phone at all one month no glasses rumour.......apparently going in to administration ? so now looking to get money back through visa"
"Absolutely terrible service. Glasses sent to the wrong address. 40minutes waiting for them to pick up the phone and 5 days to reply to email. Haven't received either of the two pairs. I left a FB message just platitudes no solution. 100% AVOID"
"I tried to buy glasses from Glasses Direct. They took my money and then said they needed to ask me a question. I replied they could ask me via email. They insisted I call them but refused to tell me why. I suspected they just wanted to sell me more stuff. In the end I said either send me my specs or refund me my money. They refunded my money. I still don't know why they wanted me to call them. What a waste of my time."
"Sorry i got involved with them. should always remember if it seems to good to be true it normally is. Taken my money and are now unable to contact. ARE THEY IN FINANCIAL TROUBLE AND STILL TAKING ORDERS. stay clear."
"Followed a Martin Lewis lead for two pairs of glasses for £15.00, led to glasses direct site. filled in all asked, Nothing like the Martin Lewis price. I could not understand whether I was only purchasing 1 pair or two pairs for £17.00 plus postage, decided to go ahead, and the site crashed. No more thank you. Should have gone to specsavers"
"glasses were dreadful quality. marked on temple, hinge was chipped, overall quality was very very poor. obviously the "value" range is from China which probably cost about £2. Customer service on the phone is less than impressive. Clearly they havent been trained in delivering good customer service. Delivery was prompt though."
"Very poor customer service. They didn't bother trying to contact me when there was a query with my order. I rang them but there is a pre-recorded announcement saying they are too busy to answer. I ended up e-mailing but you get a different person replying to each message and they still don't answer your query. In the end I cancelled my order."
"I had no problems with them before, sent exactly the same frame (which I ordered online from Asos and brake it once so ordered the same frame) for reglazing 2 times and they done it as I pad with cash. I broke this frame again (fall a sleep) so ordered same frame as I love it, they rejected me with reglazing it again, saying it's because frame from asos, I asked why they done it last 2 times ? The lady on the phone just said - she don't know! Well I know, is that because I paid last 2 times with cash and this time tried to use my voucher from work, which I asked before on email if they will accept it and they say YES OF COURSE. Horrible service, I had no answers on my questions and just wasted time on sending frame to them. Let's see if they charge me for post and if my voucher will be inside parcel."
"Paid a small fortune for a pair of varifocals the leg fell off because the screw came out and we were asked to pay just short of £40.00 a 1/3 of the price for a new frame ( the leg was lost in a restaurant)as they don't supply spares they had only been used a few times I feel this should not have happened in the first place and is a bit of a rip off"
"I can't comment upon the product but the website messed me around so badly that I could not make a purchase of 2 pairs with prescription. What a dreadful waste of 30 mins."
"Ordered two pairs 8th January 2018 and at end of February have still received nothing other than excuses. When you telephone them (last week) they have a pre-recorded message saying that they are so busy answering emails that nobody is taking calls. Clearly going out of business."
"Do NOT buy from these. I purchased 3 pairs of glasses: One badly made, one hurt my nose and one I didn't like. I returned all 3 pairs, asking for a refund on 1 pair and alteration on the other 2 pairs. Over the last 5 weeks I have had several different excuses regarding the whereabouts of my returned glasses. It started with them saying they've returned 2 pairs and refunded 1 pair. After many emails back and forth, they said they'll deal with it. Now they're saying they haven't received my glasses, despite me seeing on royal mail tracking that they back in mid January, along with their claim to have returned them to me. It's infuriating. I just want my glasses/refund. What's going on?"
"Waited a month and just got excuses after excuses Don’t use them they take your money and fail to deliver"
"I paid for four persons of glasses 2for reading 2for shortsighted, came back with broken cases and lens not even fitted I was refused repairs"
"THINK TWO WISE BEFORE BUYING FROM THIS COMPANY . two month after ordered my glasses, they arrived 'not very happy with it at all, the lens did not match my prescription , sent it back and after one week i received the same lens, i lost £70 , customer service not good , quality not good , my recommendation is buy from high street which are better value and services."
Glasses Direct is rated 2.67 based on 49 reviews