Glasses Direct Reviews

Gemini House, Hargreaves Road, Groundwell, Wiltshire United Kingdom

Category:
Business & Office

Tell us how Glasses Direct made you happy

"glasses were dreadful quality. marked on temple, hinge was chipped, overall quality was very very poor. obviously the "value" range is from China which probably cost about £2. Customer service on the phone is less than impressive. Clearly they havent been trained in delivering good customer service. Delivery was prompt though."
Are you Glasses Direct? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"The quite complex prescription took about two weeks to deal with and the second (free) pair of glasses were delayed for this period also (as expected). The free delivery of the well packaged pairs of glasses was worth the wait as the frames were a good fit and the lenses were perfect. The price was very competitive and the internet ordering was easy and quick."
"Great value and excellent range of glasses. Could provide better instructions on measuring pupil distance."
"Very poor customer service. They didn't bother trying to contact me when there was a query with my order. I rang them but there is a pre-recorded announcement saying they are too busy to answer. I ended up e-mailing but you get a different person replying to each message and they still don't answer your query. In the end I cancelled my order."
"The glasses had a great design and the soft material was an absolute joy. This was a present for my father who absolutely adored it. 5/5"
"I had no problems with them before, sent exactly the same frame (which I ordered online from Asos and brake it once so ordered the same frame) for reglazing 2 times and they done it as I pad with cash. I broke this frame again (fall a sleep) so ordered same frame as I love it, they rejected me with reglazing it again, saying it's because frame from asos, I asked why they done it last 2 times ? The lady on the phone just said - she don't know! Well I know, is that because I paid last 2 times with cash and this time tried to use my voucher from work, which I asked before on email if they will accept it and they say YES OF COURSE. Horrible service, I had no answers on my questions and just wasted time on sending frame to them. Let's see if they charge me for post and if my voucher will be inside parcel."
"Website is easy to navigate and ended up purchasing my prescription sunglasses on a Friday evening. I went with frames that are similar in shape to my current ones so I knew that they would suit me. On the Sunday I received an email to say my lenses were being made as per my prescription and on the Monday I received an email to say they were on their way to me. I received them on the Tuesday via Royal Mail. All in all a very smooth service and I will definitely be ordering again!"
"Paid a small fortune for a pair of varifocals the leg fell off because the screw came out and we were asked to pay just short of £40.00 a 1/3 of the price for a new frame ( the leg was lost in a restaurant)as they don't supply spares they had only been used a few times I feel this should not have happened in the first place and is a bit of a rip off"
"Excellent value. My glasses still look great over a year later."
"I'd read most of these reviews after placing my order so I was pretty worried that it would all go horribly wrong. And indeed, when I first got my glasses, the prescription was wrong. But their customer service was actually super helpful and I got it sorted within a few days. They kept me updated about the process and returned my fixed glasses by recorded delivery so it was very quick. All in all, I'd say that you should be more prepared for something going wrong than if you had your glasses done at a high street store but that things are quite easily sorted out and the money you could save is significant."
"I can't comment upon the product but the website messed me around so badly that I could not make a purchase of 2 pairs with prescription. What a dreadful waste of 30 mins."
"Fantastic glasses look brilliant on and colours just perfect. Second time i have ordered from them and wont be last"
"Ordered two pairs 8th January 2018 and at end of February have still received nothing other than excuses. When you telephone them (last week) they have a pre-recorded message saying that they are so busy answering emails that nobody is taking calls. Clearly going out of business."
"Do NOT buy from these. I purchased 3 pairs of glasses: One badly made, one hurt my nose and one I didn't like. I returned all 3 pairs, asking for a refund on 1 pair and alteration on the other 2 pairs. Over the last 5 weeks I have had several different excuses regarding the whereabouts of my returned glasses. It started with them saying they've returned 2 pairs and refunded 1 pair. After many emails back and forth, they said they'll deal with it. Now they're saying they haven't received my glasses, despite me seeing on royal mail tracking that they back in mid January, along with their claim to have returned them to me. It's infuriating. I just want my glasses/refund. What's going on?"
"Waited a month and just got excuses after excuses Don’t use them they take your money and fail to deliver"
"Great value for money and a fast service you can rely on"
Tom
"Fantastic prices, huge selection of frames, quick turnaround. Used Glasses Direct a few times now and always receive a great service."
"I paid for four persons of glasses 2for reading 2for shortsighted, came back with broken cases and lens not even fitted I was refused repairs"
"Very happy fast reliable top class service, very impressed."
"Always give great glasses and they were super quick this time. My only problem was they changed the size of a frame and I didn't realise. It's only a couple of mm but i love a bigger frame"
Glasses Direct is rated 2.65 based on 55 reviews