Glasses Direct Reviews

Gemini House, Hargreaves Road, Groundwell, Wiltshire United Kingdom

Category:
Business & Office

Tell us how Glasses Direct made you happy

"I have ordered at least 8 pairs of glasses recently, as I have a puppy that keeps eating them. My last order in December I wrote the prescription wrong on the form a - instead of a +. I was able to return them and received new pairs at no extra cost for an error that was my fault. That is excellent service and as always happy with the glasses"
Are you Glasses Direct? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Excellent. I had a complicated prescription and varifocals and bifocals. They were accommodating, gave me a good price and swift delivery. I changed my mind after wearing the glasses for a couple of weeks and they were collaborative on the phone to get a tweak to the design and prescription. The glasses were swapped without issues. This is top notch service and that I why this is probably the 7th year I have bought from Glasses Direct."
"So easy to use and great prices 2 pairs £35...I ordered my prescription glasses on the Wednesday and they were delivered on the Saturday..Great communication via email, regular updates on the progress of the order and really easy site to use. Would recommend and definitely be using again...Breath of fresh air to get exactly what was ordered with great customer service .."
"Send a pair of existing frames, waited ages to hear then an abrupt, rude phone call lasting under 30 seconds to say they could not be reglazed with no explaination why. One of the smaller, independent online glazers did it immediately with great customer service. I’d rather pay a fraction more than give any money to these fools."
"Appalling service. Ordered on line. 7 days later "not in stock-choose another style". Did that and guess what repeat performance-"chose another style" --did that now they want an extra £25 AVOID"
"Complained that my glasses prescription was missing info, which was neither a problem before! Don't reply to emails and phone calls as like the company dropped off the edge of the world. I put a claim to PayPal payment protection claim back what I paid. If don't reply to my email, I am trying to contact a nonextistant customer service then I can only think I have been had. Its normal expectations when everybody else think the worst when no longer get hold of a company for paid items neither got"
"If you are going into LIQUIDATION? pls advise so I may make alternative arrangements for my glasses. Lines closed & no glasses, no response to emails no refund nothing. What is going on??? BUYER BEWARE there are people all over FB in same predicament left without glasses."
"Seems like you only reply to me when I leave an angry review online. Okay, let's try reviews.co.uk now. Awful service. Ordered a trial. Took them over a week just to send it. A system error, they said. Or maybe no stock. They weren't sure. Anyways, after 2 home trials, I picked what I want. over a week later they send me an email asking to confirm my prescription. Honestly, I was expecting the glasses to arrive by then, especially since all the info was provided from the offset. Fine. Sent them a picture of myself, so they can measure my PD. Another bloody week later, they email saying that for compliance reasons they need a photocopy of my prescription (why not ask when ordering???!!). This wasn't made explicit in the email at all! Fuckig, fine. Sent a picture of my prescription. Does it work? Does it not? Is my order being fulfilled? Should I just give up on my new glasses? And no, we don't care that you had a busy Black Friday. If you offer something then make sure you can fulfill it. Or at least have the decency to respond in an appropriate manner. You said that my query was marked as urgent. So why can't you respond? It's been 2 days from the last email. Feel free to call the phone number, they say. Okay. Let's try the number. Just wasted 25 (!) minutes of my life - no bloody answer. No buying glasses online for me no more"
"4th Nov 2018 ordered 2 pairs, Payment came out of bank account 5th Nov. 2 weeks no glasses 3 weeks no answer to email They are not answering phone at all one month no glasses rumour.......apparently going in to administration ? so now looking to get money back through visa"
"Absolutely terrible service. Glasses sent to the wrong address. 40minutes waiting for them to pick up the phone and 5 days to reply to email. Haven't received either of the two pairs. I left a FB message just platitudes no solution. 100% AVOID"
"I tried to buy glasses from Glasses Direct. They took my money and then said they needed to ask me a question. I replied they could ask me via email. They insisted I call them but refused to tell me why. I suspected they just wanted to sell me more stuff. In the end I said either send me my specs or refund me my money. They refunded my money. I still don't know why they wanted me to call them. What a waste of my time."
"Sorry i got involved with them. should always remember if it seems to good to be true it normally is. Taken my money and are now unable to contact. ARE THEY IN FINANCIAL TROUBLE AND STILL TAKING ORDERS. stay clear."
"Followed a Martin Lewis lead for two pairs of glasses for £15.00, led to glasses direct site. filled in all asked, Nothing like the Martin Lewis price. I could not understand whether I was only purchasing 1 pair or two pairs for £17.00 plus postage, decided to go ahead, and the site crashed. No more thank you. Should have gone to specsavers"
"I've had such a great experience with Glasses Direct! From their online ordering system to their customer service they have been so wonderful the entire process. I got two pairs of glasses and one weren't a good look on my so I returned them and customer service contacted me directly through email. I've never had such personal service from a big company like this. Plus, I love my glasses! Keep up the great work!!! Will definitely recommend to family and friends!"
"glasses were dreadful quality. marked on temple, hinge was chipped, overall quality was very very poor. obviously the "value" range is from China which probably cost about £2. Customer service on the phone is less than impressive. Clearly they havent been trained in delivering good customer service. Delivery was prompt though."
"The quite complex prescription took about two weeks to deal with and the second (free) pair of glasses were delayed for this period also (as expected). The free delivery of the well packaged pairs of glasses was worth the wait as the frames were a good fit and the lenses were perfect. The price was very competitive and the internet ordering was easy and quick."
"Great value and excellent range of glasses. Could provide better instructions on measuring pupil distance."
"Very poor customer service. They didn't bother trying to contact me when there was a query with my order. I rang them but there is a pre-recorded announcement saying they are too busy to answer. I ended up e-mailing but you get a different person replying to each message and they still don't answer your query. In the end I cancelled my order."
"The glasses had a great design and the soft material was an absolute joy. This was a present for my father who absolutely adored it. 5/5"
"I had no problems with them before, sent exactly the same frame (which I ordered online from Asos and brake it once so ordered the same frame) for reglazing 2 times and they done it as I pad with cash. I broke this frame again (fall a sleep) so ordered same frame as I love it, they rejected me with reglazing it again, saying it's because frame from asos, I asked why they done it last 2 times ? The lady on the phone just said - she don't know! Well I know, is that because I paid last 2 times with cash and this time tried to use my voucher from work, which I asked before on email if they will accept it and they say YES OF COURSE. Horrible service, I had no answers on my questions and just wasted time on sending frame to them. Let's see if they charge me for post and if my voucher will be inside parcel."
Glasses Direct is rated 2.67 based on 49 reviews