Glasses Direct Reviews

ask@glassesdirect.co.uk

Gemini House, Hargreaves Road, Groundwell, Wiltshire United Kingdom

Category:
Business & Office

How would you rate Glasses Direct ?

"I had no problems with them before, sent exactly the same frame (which I ordered online from Asos and brake it once so ordered the same frame) for reglazing 2 times and they done it as I pad with cash. I broke this frame again (fall a sleep) so ordered same frame as I love it, they rejected me with reglazing it again, saying it's because frame from asos, I asked why they done it last 2 times ? The lady on the phone just said - she don't know! Well I know, is that because I paid last 2 times with cash and this time tried to use my voucher from work, which I asked before on email if they will accept it and they say YES OF COURSE. Horrible service, I had no answers on my questions and just wasted time on sending frame to them. Let's see if they charge me for post and if my voucher will be inside parcel."
"Website is easy to navigate and ended up purchasing my prescription sunglasses on a Friday evening. I went with frames that are similar in shape to my current ones so I knew that they would suit me. On the Sunday I received an email to say my lenses were being made as per my prescription and on the Monday I received an email to say they were on their way to me. I received them on the Tuesday via Royal Mail. All in all a very smooth service and I will definitely be ordering again!"
"Paid a small fortune for a pair of varifocals the leg fell off because the screw came out and we were asked to pay just short of £40.00 a 1/3 of the price for a new frame ( the leg was lost in a restaurant)as they don't supply spares they had only been used a few times I feel this should not have happened in the first place and is a bit of a rip off"
"I'd read most of these reviews after placing my order so I was pretty worried that it would all go horribly wrong. And indeed, when I first got my glasses, the prescription was wrong. But their customer service was actually super helpful and I got it sorted within a few days. They kept me updated about the process and returned my fixed glasses by recorded delivery so it was very quick. All in all, I'd say that you should be more prepared for something going wrong than if you had your glasses done at a high street store but that things are quite easily sorted out and the money you could save is significant."
"I can't comment upon the product but the website messed me around so badly that I could not make a purchase of 2 pairs with prescription. What a dreadful waste of 30 mins."
"Ordered two pairs 8th January 2018 and at end of February have still received nothing other than excuses. When you telephone them (last week) they have a pre-recorded message saying that they are so busy answering emails that nobody is taking calls. Clearly going out of business."
"Do NOT buy from these. I purchased 3 pairs of glasses: One badly made, one hurt my nose and one I didn't like. I returned all 3 pairs, asking for a refund on 1 pair and alteration on the other 2 pairs. Over the last 5 weeks I have had several different excuses regarding the whereabouts of my returned glasses. It started with them saying they've returned 2 pairs and refunded 1 pair. After many emails back and forth, they said they'll deal with it. Now they're saying they haven't received my glasses, despite me seeing on royal mail tracking that they back in mid January, along with their claim to have returned them to me. It's infuriating. I just want my glasses/refund. What's going on?"
"Waited a month and just got excuses after excuses Don’t use them they take your money and fail to deliver"
"I paid for four persons of glasses 2for reading 2for shortsighted, came back with broken cases and lens not even fitted I was refused repairs"
"THINK TWO WISE BEFORE BUYING FROM THIS COMPANY . two month after ordered my glasses, they arrived 'not very happy with it at all, the lens did not match my prescription , sent it back and after one week i received the same lens, i lost £70 , customer service not good , quality not good , my recommendation is buy from high street which are better value and services."
"I had my tested at home but wanted some cheap extra glasses for spares so went on Glasses Direct website bargain two pairs single vision glasses with post and packing £22-95 unfortunately they did not arrive but have to say they sent out another two pairs within a few days At this moment in time I cant say anything bad I did opt for any extras like anti scatch etc. My Glasses from my normal opticians have not come yet so when they do will see what the difference is between the Glasses Direct and A well known high street brand"
"I have purchased two pairs of designer glasses from them with scratch resistant lenses. After 4 weeks the lenses were so scratched they were in in - usable. I am sitting here in Boots glasses which have perfect lenses after 5 years. There customer services were not prepared to do anything.... Unless I paid again.... don't buy from these cowboys!"
"Called the customer service line, looking to purchase a couple glasses; an assistant picked up the phone and pretended she could not hear me and hung up, utterly disgusting, poor customer service !!"
"Terrible experience. I ordered varifocals.. very cheap price but when they arrived the vision was not right. I since had them checked at A local optician who informed me that there are many other measurements that are needed for a varifocal to be effective that glasses direct do not ask for.... waste of money. Would never use them again."
"They quibled too much over my prescription, maybe it was too expensive for them !?, they were a bit of a nightmare and I had to request a re-fund for my 2nd order, They were recommended by a friend on Facebook but I would recommend a high street opticians like Spec Savers as I would be getting a better service, whats more is you will get a proper fitting to ensure the frames are set correctly, this does not happen with online opticians !. overall a poor experiance with Glasses Direct"
"They would not process my order on both occasions because of my prescription, It was sorted the first time, but after my new order only a few weeks from the first, problems again !?. Prescriptions are supposed to be valid for two years, mine has another year of validity, whats the bloody problem !!?"
"Had their 2 frames for one offer. Sent in my current prescription and new glasses arrived a few days later. Both pairs are really nice and Im very pleased. You do have to be comfortable though with translating your prescription and doing any minor fitting adustments yourself."
"If it sounds too god to be true......... Made my order and gave them my prescription. Then they sent me yet another letter claiming they need a better pupil distance measurement so they would need an old pair of glasses (I had already sent a measurement from my current pair) and would send a prepaid envelope. Which never arrived. I cancelled after a couple of weeks back and forth when it became quite apparent online ordering of prescription glasses is never going to be as easy as they claim, or certainly reliable. Relying on customers to take their own measurements etc is a recipe for disaster Whilst on paper it all seems like a good idea. It aint a pleasant experience and at the end of the day can you trust the results anyway? Back to the high strasse for me."
"Not sure where to begin - never had hassle from Glasses Direct before and have purchased several pairs over the last couple of years - no real problems until I needed to return some glasses that were not suitable and chose a different pair. First of all they tell me the new glasses were sent to the lab and after not hearing anything for 5 days, I email them and 3 days later the respond to my email saying they were wrong and have now been sent to the lab....4 days later I receive the new glasses which have been made up with the WRONG prescription - nothing like the 'free' pair that came with the original returned glasses. So now, nearly 3 weeks later, I still do not have a decent pair of glasses, only the 'free' second pair. I will have to send these back and wait another 10 days or more for the correct pair - if that ever happens. Not sure what's happened to Glasses Direct but they just don't care anymore - you get slow email responses and standard 'copy and paste' replies and no attempt to placate the customer or offer any goodwill. Seriously, go to the high street and maybe spend a bit more and SAVE the hassle. AVOID this company,"
"Home trail frames never delivered, order marked as returned on order tracking. No failed delivery notification and nothing from their customer services as to why. Went back to high street opticians, who are more expensive but at least I can see!"
Glasses Direct is rated 2.00 based on 21 reviews