Glasses Direct Reviews

Gemini House, Hargreaves Road, Groundwell, Wiltshire United Kingdom

Category:
Business & Office

Tell us how Glasses Direct made you happy

"Seems like you only reply to me when I leave an angry review online. Okay, let's try reviews.co.uk now. Awful service. Ordered a trial. Took them over a week just to send it. A system error, they said. Or maybe no stock. They weren't sure. Anyways, after 2 home trials, I picked what I want. over a week later they send me an email asking to confirm my prescription. Honestly, I was expecting the glasses to arrive by then, especially since all the info was provided from the offset. Fine. Sent them a picture of myself, so they can measure my PD. Another bloody week later, they email saying that for compliance reasons they need a photocopy of my prescription (why not ask when ordering???!!). This wasn't made explicit in the email at all! Fuckig, fine. Sent a picture of my prescription. Does it work? Does it not? Is my order being fulfilled? Should I just give up on my new glasses? And no, we don't care that you had a busy Black Friday. If you offer something then make sure you can fulfill it. Or at least have the decency to respond in an appropriate manner. You said that my query was marked as urgent. So why can't you respond? It's been 2 days from the last email. Feel free to call the phone number, they say. Okay. Let's try the number. Just wasted 25 (!) minutes of my life - no bloody answer. No buying glasses online for me no more"
Are you Glasses Direct? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Glasses Direct receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"4th Nov 2018 ordered 2 pairs, Payment came out of bank account 5th Nov. 2 weeks no glasses 3 weeks no answer to email They are not answering phone at all one month no glasses rumour.......apparently going in to administration ? so now looking to get money back through visa"
"Absolutely terrible service. Glasses sent to the wrong address. 40minutes waiting for them to pick up the phone and 5 days to reply to email. Haven't received either of the two pairs. I left a FB message just platitudes no solution. 100% AVOID"
"I tried to buy glasses from Glasses Direct. They took my money and then said they needed to ask me a question. I replied they could ask me via email. They insisted I call them but refused to tell me why. I suspected they just wanted to sell me more stuff. In the end I said either send me my specs or refund me my money. They refunded my money. I still don't know why they wanted me to call them. What a waste of my time."
"Sorry i got involved with them. should always remember if it seems to good to be true it normally is. Taken my money and are now unable to contact. ARE THEY IN FINANCIAL TROUBLE AND STILL TAKING ORDERS. stay clear."
"Followed a Martin Lewis lead for two pairs of glasses for £15.00, led to glasses direct site. filled in all asked, Nothing like the Martin Lewis price. I could not understand whether I was only purchasing 1 pair or two pairs for £17.00 plus postage, decided to go ahead, and the site crashed. No more thank you. Should have gone to specsavers"
"I've had such a great experience with Glasses Direct! From their online ordering system to their customer service they have been so wonderful the entire process. I got two pairs of glasses and one weren't a good look on my so I returned them and customer service contacted me directly through email. I've never had such personal service from a big company like this. Plus, I love my glasses! Keep up the great work!!! Will definitely recommend to family and friends!"
"glasses were dreadful quality. marked on temple, hinge was chipped, overall quality was very very poor. obviously the "value" range is from China which probably cost about £2. Customer service on the phone is less than impressive. Clearly they havent been trained in delivering good customer service. Delivery was prompt though."
"The quite complex prescription took about two weeks to deal with and the second (free) pair of glasses were delayed for this period also (as expected). The free delivery of the well packaged pairs of glasses was worth the wait as the frames were a good fit and the lenses were perfect. The price was very competitive and the internet ordering was easy and quick."
"Great value and excellent range of glasses. Could provide better instructions on measuring pupil distance."
"Very poor customer service. They didn't bother trying to contact me when there was a query with my order. I rang them but there is a pre-recorded announcement saying they are too busy to answer. I ended up e-mailing but you get a different person replying to each message and they still don't answer your query. In the end I cancelled my order."
"The glasses had a great design and the soft material was an absolute joy. This was a present for my father who absolutely adored it. 5/5"
"I had no problems with them before, sent exactly the same frame (which I ordered online from Asos and brake it once so ordered the same frame) for reglazing 2 times and they done it as I pad with cash. I broke this frame again (fall a sleep) so ordered same frame as I love it, they rejected me with reglazing it again, saying it's because frame from asos, I asked why they done it last 2 times ? The lady on the phone just said - she don't know! Well I know, is that because I paid last 2 times with cash and this time tried to use my voucher from work, which I asked before on email if they will accept it and they say YES OF COURSE. Horrible service, I had no answers on my questions and just wasted time on sending frame to them. Let's see if they charge me for post and if my voucher will be inside parcel."
"Website is easy to navigate and ended up purchasing my prescription sunglasses on a Friday evening. I went with frames that are similar in shape to my current ones so I knew that they would suit me. On the Sunday I received an email to say my lenses were being made as per my prescription and on the Monday I received an email to say they were on their way to me. I received them on the Tuesday via Royal Mail. All in all a very smooth service and I will definitely be ordering again!"
"Paid a small fortune for a pair of varifocals the leg fell off because the screw came out and we were asked to pay just short of £40.00 a 1/3 of the price for a new frame ( the leg was lost in a restaurant)as they don't supply spares they had only been used a few times I feel this should not have happened in the first place and is a bit of a rip off"
"Excellent value. My glasses still look great over a year later."
"I'd read most of these reviews after placing my order so I was pretty worried that it would all go horribly wrong. And indeed, when I first got my glasses, the prescription was wrong. But their customer service was actually super helpful and I got it sorted within a few days. They kept me updated about the process and returned my fixed glasses by recorded delivery so it was very quick. All in all, I'd say that you should be more prepared for something going wrong than if you had your glasses done at a high street store but that things are quite easily sorted out and the money you could save is significant."
"I can't comment upon the product but the website messed me around so badly that I could not make a purchase of 2 pairs with prescription. What a dreadful waste of 30 mins."
"Fantastic glasses look brilliant on and colours just perfect. Second time i have ordered from them and wont be last"
"Ordered two pairs 8th January 2018 and at end of February have still received nothing other than excuses. When you telephone them (last week) they have a pre-recorded message saying that they are so busy answering emails that nobody is taking calls. Clearly going out of business."
Glasses Direct is rated 2.67 based on 42 reviews