Glasses Direct Reviews

08456 882020

ask@glassesdirect.co.uk

Gemini House, Hargreaves Road, Groundwell, Wiltshire United Kingdom

Tell us how Glasses Direct made you happy
Had good service, communication and the glasses were as described and seem good quality. Small problem with initial ones but they were very helpful and responded quickly. Very happy with both pairs of glasses, great for screen use.
I’ve purchased about ten pairs over the years. The current pair have lasted 5 years and I’m only replacing them because of a slightly updated prescription. I’ve ordered some Ray-Bans and with extra thin lenses and tints they were only 160£. Look brilliant and didn’t take too long either.
Really helpful and really good communications, quick delivery and updated you on the process of my order
Don't be fooled by the low prices...the saying "if it sounds too good to be true"...is 100% relevant here! I ordered 2 pairs but only one pair arrived. Despite numerous attempts to explain this, I just gave up as no one really seems interested. A bad job. I'd sooner pay a little more, get better quality and get what I ordered!
If I could give this no stars, I would. I ordered the glasses a bit over a year ago and have worn them every day. I recently started having a lot of eye pain, dizziness and feeling sick. Turns out, the glasses I ordered from here are not even CLOSE to the prescription that I sent them. The two lense strengths are the same (shouldn't be) and 0.5-0.75 weaker in both eyes than what is on the prescription I sent them. Tried to get a refund and was told I could send the glasses back, but at my own cost (I am now living abroad, paid the postage for this in the first place and the return would be as a result of their deception, why should I?) and that the refund wasn't guarenteed anyway. Complete waste of money, rubbish customer service, just sending you any glasses you could get in a supermarket for a marked up price. And my eye health has negatively suffered because of it. Disgusting.
The glasses are a great price but that really shows in the quality (or lack thereof). Initially I was happy with my purchase but the frames are extremely flimsy and one lense has popped out on a few occasions. The worst part is the lenses themselves which get very easily scratched (despite being advertised with an anti-scratch coating), even if you only clean with the provided microfibre cloth. I tried to get a replacement pair but they refused, instead blaming me for mishandling. A second pair I bought (sunglasses) are also flimsy and there is a chip in the plastic frame. All in all, the low price does not compensate for the poor quality of these glasses and you may be left looking for new ones after 3 months. Not Recommended.
Ordered two pairs of exactly same glasses, one to leave in the office and one to have in my bag. the order process could not have been simpler. The quality and price of these glasses are fantastic. I shall never ever buy glasses in high street store again....
I sent in some glasses for reglazing, having checked them as per the Glasses Direct instructions. I'm giving 2 starts instead of 1 because they were polite, but they wrote to me saying the frames had 'rolled' and degraded and as such they wouldn't be able to reglaze them. I took them into Vision Express and they confirmed they could easily change the lenses and that there was absolutely no evidence at all of any degradation or 'rolling' at all. Glasses direct wasted my time.
Much the same as some others reviews: Ordered 2 pairs costing £277, supplied my new prescription and photo showing PD measurement. Then nothing, but payment had been taken in a timely fashion! Order status = with opticians, time and time again! Chased them, they have not received the information! Sent it again!! 3 times the information had been sent. I cancelled the order, guess what they found my information!? My phone call was clear and concise, a full refund now! Just save your time and find a decent supplier.
Never had any issue with glasses direct. great products and services.
This is such a great company to buy from. Simple and easy web site. Lots of great products that are much cheaper than the high street. They even have qualified opticians that you can talk to. ive had quite a few pairs from them more recently varifocals and even they were 1st class. My advice. Get your eyes tested on the high street and buy from these guys online. You wont regret it. Had a few issues a getting through to their customer services team last time i ordered - but this time all went smoothly. I think they are just so busy as they are so good. Thank you glassesdirect !
This whole experience has been unprofessional, the only thing that this company did right was take the money out of my account, I have just rang after 5 weeks and was told they required Information, I had already sent my prescription which was current. I requested my money back and would obviously not recommend this company to anyone
I have bought over 6 pairs of glasses with Glasses Direct, for me my husband and parents. The latest a pair of London Retro - Bakerloo with great vintage styling. Service was excellent and very easy and simple. Can’t recommend them highly enough.
terrible quality the glasses broke within weeks i had better quality glasses from poundland
Poor website. Took my money without yet asking for a delivery address, then defaulted to a very old work address. Took over 24 hours to get through on the phone (they hadn't answered my 2 emails sent). They agreed to speak to the courier, but not sure they did, because the glasses still went to the wrong place, where I can't retrieve them. Have emailed again, and 4 days later they've not replied. Wish I'd checked these reviews first. You don't get 60% of customers leaving a 1* review by fluke.
reflects other peoples experiences, unexplained delays, nobody answers the phone, problems with prescriptions the list goes on and on
Awful Awful Awful experience. Had bought glasses from them before without problem, so entered new prescription and ordered again. Received a snotty email demanding a signed prescription copy, as I was clearly incapable of transcribing it correctly onto their site. I was annoyed but sent them a PDF of it. Only to get an even snottier email from their nasty "customer disservices" claiming they could not open my PDF as it was an "unknown format". I checked. it was a PDF!!! i tried to phone umpteen times and was left on endless hold. Eventually lost patience, left a message and asked for a refund. An hour later, there was a phone call from an abusive young woman whose command of English grammar was awful and she was very sneering in tone, claiming I had "clearly made a mistake" (one of my eyes is + the other - it is NOT a mistake) I pointed out she could have sent a decent email saying they found the prescription unusual, and could I please confirm it with them and send a copy of the prescription? But no, easier to make out i am completely stupid............... She became more and more sneering and abusive then terminated the call after saying the refund had been processed. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!
i was extremely reluctant to order from glasses direct after seeing all of the poor reviews on here HOWEVER i got an email saying they was in the lab a day after ordering, an email saying they’d been sent out the day after that and then they actually arrived on day 3! i’m over the moon with my glasses (everly- shiny silver). i don’t believe i’ve ever left a review for anything before but i’m so impressed i had to!
GISGUSTING! Service takes forever to come, says it would take 7 days MAX to come, it's been nearly double that. Don't bother
Glasses Direct is rated 2.39 based on 90 reviews