GigGear Reviews

of reviewers recommend GigGear
Live Chat, Telephone, Email
Read GigGear Reviews

About GigGear:

GigGear is a musical instrument shop based in Harlow, Essex with over 25 years of service. We supply electric guitars, guitar amps, acoustic guitars, electro acoustic guitars, bass guitars, acoustic drums, electric drums, PA systems, keyboards, pianos, music accessories and more to the UK and Europe.

We are main dealers for many leading top brands including Gibson, Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Roland, BOSS, Pearl, Mapex, Zildjian, Sabian, Remo, TC Electronic, Ashdown and Mackie with trained, knowledgeable staff dedicated to supplying expert advice.

Our store has an on-site workshop that delivers a truly professional service for guitar, amp, bass, drum and brass & woodwind repairs or general maintenance. We also have a team of GigGear music tutors that teach from our dedicated tuition rooms with guitar lessons, bass lessons, drum lessons, piano lessons and more available.

Our Harlow Superstore is within easy reach of London and the Home Counties including Hertfordshire - Hertford, Ware, Bishops Stortford, Hatfield and Welwyn, Cambridge, Berkshire and Kent.

Our website (www.giggear.co.uk) and mail order team provide the same high level of service and competitive pricing that our store customers receive, ensuring a professional and satisfying experience is had whether you buy online or in-store.

sales@giggear.co.uk

Unit B St James Centre,East Road,Harlow,Essex

Tell us how GigGear made you happy
(only JPEG and PNG files) (Optional)
I purchased a piano from their Harlow store. They gave me a great price, delivered and set it up. Great service...highly recommended.
The customer service I experienced was terrific. I had received Giggear tokens as a gift, and spoke directly with the phone/on-line order team to talk me through how to use those tokens to make a purchase. I was informed that the guitar that I wanted to buy was not currently in stock, but there was a shipment expected in the next month or so from their supplier. So I went ahead with that purchase - I was quite happy to wait that long. In the event, the following month Giggear got back in touch with me directly to explain that the shipment had been delayed and there was no confirmed delivery date for that specific model of guitar. I selected an alternative guitar that was in stock (I decided to go for a slightly more expensive model, so added a little bit more cash), and the guitar was delivered the same week. The guitar is lovely, a real treat to play. And most importantly, the customer service was excellent throughout - helpful and reliable. I will definitely be back.
I purchased a new guitar for my son, and they gave me a voucher for a free set up if needed. My son found the set up to high so I took the guitar back to leave it there for a week, but they lowered the set up while I waited, brilliant. my son says it plays much better now its just spot on for him to play.
I've just visited GigGear and made a purchase, the staff are friendly and extremely helpful. The shop has a fantastic display of musical equipment and definitely worth a visit. I will definitely be using again.
Great help in replacing a damaged guitar. Provided us with the original invoice, helped us with a repair estimate & ultimately ordered us a new guitar. Excellent advice & customer assistance.
The staff at GigGear were absolutely brilliant when helping my 10year old with autism select a new guitar. They were knowledgeable and kind but most of all they were supportive of my son’s needs and incredibly patient - we were there for 90 minutes!
Nothing but positive experiences with this shop. I am learning the guitar. Learning being the operative word and I have had nothing but positive experiences with this shop which is why I return to this store time and again (even though there are music stores nearer to where I live). I initially bought my guitar case, capo and wall support from GigGear. (I had bought an acoustic guitar somewhere else before I discovered this shop). Then, I decided to buy an electric guitar settling for the wonderful Epiphone WildKat plus amp and me being a beginner, they helpfully plugged it in and played it for me so I could have an idea about the tone. Now that I have my electric guitar, I'm going back to buy an Epiphone hard case for it. The staff have been nothing but helpful and accommodating. If they were nearer to me, I would take guitar lessons with them as well but I fear getting stuck on the M25 en route. All in all, it's a great store with great folk.
Staff are great, very attentive, friendly, helpful and understanding of my complete lack of knowledge. Prices are good, kit is great quality and I have never failed to find what my son is looking for. Thanks GigGear.
I recently bought Martin HD28E Retro - what a superb guitar it is. Equally superb was the service I received from the staff especially Charlie who dealt with my purchase. I was greeted and left to roam this wonderful shop. It must have been my lucky day because they had a Retro on order which, two days later I played and subsequently bought. The action was a little high for my liking which Charlie will get adjusted to suit my playing, it will also give me the opportunity to visit this great shop again
I am very happy with the service and advice the staff gave me. the guitar arrived on the date stated, I had it delivered to the store. The guitar is a lovely instrument ,well made and a good sound. I can recommend this store .
Didn't get his name but the sales guy was brilliant, couldn't be more helpful, I'll be back.
Great service. Great products. Great prices. Nuff said.
Very helpful and knowledgeable staff. Didn’t push a hard sell and allowed us to take our time. Kept us informed of offers and deals at the time of visit (Black Friday)
Great service as always!!
Went in for advice on a ukulele, very helpful chaps, helped me decide which was best along with a beginner song book, tuned it left handed for me and job done!
Very good
Great service...experts spent plenty of time demonstrating guitar and amp to my 10year old son, think they both had a lot of fun!!!
Good service, quick turnaround and good value. New selector switch fitted to Fender Strat and re-string. Top job!
Very good service. and well protected. Hihhly recommended company.
Great selection of instruments and great advice from staff. We always head here for our equipment and like the new premises which is larger. Thoroughly recommend.
GigGear is rated 4.94 based on 1,456 reviews