The Co-operative Insurance Reviews

of reviewers recommend The Co-operative Insurance
Over a week

Tell us how The Co-operative Insurance made you happy
(only JPEG and PNG files) (Optional)
Good
(Car Insurance) - Posted 10 months ago
Absolute shameful profiteering from this company. I will NEVER take out insurance with them again & will recommend anyone I know to go elsewhere. My premium is extortionate given I’ve been driving for over 20 years & have no claims, they charge an ‘admin’ fee to alter details over the phone and the customer service is terrible. Avoid unless you enjoy being ripped off!!!!
What ever you do, do not get car insurance with this company at all, they are scam artists and will try to take money out of your account. I paid a month's insurance taking me up to the end of the next month. But noooo they tried to take out on 8th of the next month as opposed to 27th and told me they would be taking money on the 27th as well of taking on the 8th. I just closed it down there and then also took them off DD payments too. I should have read reviews first rather than just going in blind. DONT DO IT
complete joke. car repair not done properly and received the car with even more damage than before. during the whole process was disaster. feeling that coop save money from repairs even not done right way.
I took out Travel Insurance with the Co-Op ensuring that I was covered for flight cancellations but when our flights were cancelled due to Jet Airways experiencing financial difficulties I was told I would not be able to claim for our flights being cancelled and as Jet Airways hadn't actually gone bankrupt they had temporarily grounded their fleet! The flight is still grounded!!! I had to pay £1712 for return flights to the UK from Thailand yet The Co-op refused to pay anything. When booking your travel insurance be aware that you may not be covered for flight cancellations when it says that you are! We take out these insurances but if they can get out of paying you they will!
Just left the co-op car Insurance after 5 years.told them I could get it cheaper. They said see you then.Robbing Bastards.PS.200 Pounds cheaper. Coop stick it.
Took out a combined house and contents policy as a new customer with the Co-op in February. Initial research through a comparison site, but subsequent purchase, after querying some points direct with the Co-op. Presumably didn't read sufficient of the microprint exclusions, as the headline offer of £50 Co-op food vouchers was deemed invalid, due to the initial comparison site approach. Caveat very definitely emptor.
Vary helpful when I rang with a query
(Car Insurance) - Posted 11 months ago
Good and easy service. Very friendly and helpful.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
Good cover, good communication as well as cheap and flexible.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
Bought Co-Op insurance and paid a £160 deposit. Cancelled it literally just 6 days later before it started and still had to pay £35 admin fee. What is that £35 for? Any other place just gives a full refund, as they haven't provided any kind of service. Such a scam.
Online chat was courteous but not particularly helpful. Received renewal notice for combined house and contents insurance, increased by 29 percent. No claims have been made over the years, they appear to treat new customers better with good rates and offers of £50 vouchers. The link to explain why premiums may have increased does not work. As a former Coop employee, pensioner and member I would have expected to be treated better. Is the insurance side of the business going the way of the Bank.
Leaking pipe flooded bathroom and bedroom called Home rescue but did not come until next day. Assessor sent out to check damage. Didn’t even look under floor or check any damage. Gave us a figure just to redo floor covering which was so low It wasn’t worth proceeding. You are still left to organise the job yourself but I realised £230 was not going to go far so Declined I am now on my own to sort it out, so much for having insurance. Will not use or recommend again. I am left with all the damage to sort out myself
The co-op put me on cover for a 3.0 SD V6 SE auto Discovery, 2019 plate. When I read the policy, it had all the above wording but 255bhp , instead of the correct 306 bhp - there is no such thing as a 255 bhp with this engine. I rang them and they said they couldn’t insure me on a 306bhp, therefore I was uninsured . Work that one out... I cancelled and went elsewhere Caveat emptor
You were competitive in the market and had no issues
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
You bother customers with lots of questions , you was keep asking for documents for half of the policy . Then by mistake you send me a letter that my policy will be cancelled !! Im driving for 9 years , i have 9 years no claim bonus , i always had insurance but never had so much headache with any other company !! And now after almost a year of paying you when I had minor incident with POLICE OFFICER what wasn’t my fould as they scratch my car when it was parked in front of my property you say that you won’t fix my car because I change my wheels ??!! And I wasn’t aware I have to inform you! I didn’t make massive modification ! Its just a wheels !!! I’m really not happy with your service and will make sure that non of my friends do business with you !!! So many insurances I had and NEVER , NEVER i didn’t have so much problems what with you !!! Horrible company !!!
I went with the Co-op car insurance because it was the cheapest on offer, I paid £350. I informed them at the time of a non-fault accident that I had been involved in 2 months previously however, 2 months after taking out the policy the Co-op put my car insurance up to £550. When I queried the reason for this they said it was because the non-fault accident was still ongoing. The person who caused the accident was prosecuted in Court but the Co-op would not reduce my insurance to the original amount of £350. I felt like I had been conned.
Not had to claim
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
Rubbish. Tradesman they sent gave no notice , assessor they sent didn't know cause of leak but was sure they weren't liable . Amateurs.
Very good can't complain