Sheilas Wheels Broker Reviews

30% of reviewers recommend Sheilas Wheels Broker

How would you rate Sheilas Wheels Broker?

"Just been told that I’ll have to pay £121.00 cancellation fee to cancel my daughter’s provisional insurance now that’s she has passed her test. Couldn’t carry on with them as a full license driver as their quote was incredibly high for a new driver. It seems that when you cancel they charge for themselves as brokers and the insurer. Will never be using them again. Avoid this company."
"Do not use them, will use any excuse to up your monthly payments until you can’t even afford to drive ... terrible company stay away if I could give zero stars I would"
"Worst insurance company ever"
"I am currently waiting on my own in the dark in my car flat tyre I don't have a spare !!!..I called 2hrs and 45 mins ago cold a little scared and just been told by green flag it will be midnight by the time they get to me omg what useless service is this yes useless RENEWAL DONT THINK SO !!!! Thankyou to all those at Sheila wheels hope you are all safe in your beds tonight !!!!.."
"There insurance very cheap compared top other insurance companies."
"Returned to Sheila's Wheels after a nightmare with customer service from a competitor. For us, it was worth the very slightly higher premium. Staff were brilliant."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 9 months ago
"Changed my vehicle. Went online and accepted the quote given. Clicked Accept and paid. Received email a few days later to say they had made a mistake and they were going to take £100+ out of my account. I rang them and told them I couldn't pay. They then cancelled my insurance and I have just received another email to say I now owe £236 ! Brilliantly cheap to start with, but if anything goes wrong..... I wonder how people go on if they need to claim ! Good luck, but try somewhere else :)"
"Hidden fees everywhere, customer service unhelpful. My car unfortunately broke down so I had to buy a new one, a payment of £150 had to an made to have a black box fitted to my new car!! (Old black box can not be reused) cancelled policy at the end of date (7.9.16) but as I didn't have new car insurance set up till (8.9.16) they charged me an additional £42 for a days insurance (unwanted!). I moved address and the financy aide of the conpany waa not informwd so i missed inportant documents which then caused more fees on my account. I would never use this company again."
"Swopped my car with one month left until my policy was up and they waived the fee to put new black box in the new car. Saved me £100 there. I called them today as my finance company for the insurance wouldn't extend my last payment date as I've started a new job. So Sheila's wheels (although I'm no longer with them) told Close Brothers Finance to close the account and Sheila's Wheels took on my last payment! How out of the world is that? Shame there renewal price wasn't competitive enough, I would of loved to stay with them."
"STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS!!!!! This was one of the cheapest insurers to begin with, however they get you down the line. They threatened to cancel my policy because I didn't stay at the registered address 75% of the time (I stayed some nights of the week at my boyfriends house, like a regular person). Not once have I been able to log in on their website (it never loaded) to actually check my driving behaviour and see what the black box was registering, and 3 weeks ago was asked to pay £350 excess fee!!! 350 QUID!!! I asked how they calculated this as it seems like the number was plucked out of nowhere. I received an email which said "We regret to advise we cannot disclose how we rate each area of your driving and how your premium is calculated." After asking them how I should pay the money, 2 days later they cancel my insurance with a £150 cancellation fee. Absolute joke. Literally feel like I have been scammed"
"AVOID AT ALL COST! I paid a lump sum annual fee upfront thinking this is the annual commitment. They do a stupid 90 days review of driving, and on the last 3 months of the year they will give you a mystery premium you have to pay by a certain day through email (they will never call you to remind you), if you pay, then its a bonus for them. if you do not pay, your insurance gets automatically cancelled and you are subject to a £150 charge from them (they are the broker) then another charge by the actual insurance company. customer service wait is long, people are relatively polite but have no common sense. DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR"
"Received an email today to say my policy is cancelled yet I sent nothing in writing to say this. Yes I asked them to quote for a new car and they were extremely expensive, even though I am an existing customer, when I asked why it had gone up got told thats what is says on the computer. I asked that my car continue to be insured until midnight on the day the policy expires which is today. Oh hang on they owe me money then, mmm wonder how long that will take to get."
"Although I tend to manage my account online, I have had to speak to an adviser in this instance. I have tried to call them 5 times now - each time I call, I am left on hold for AT LEAST half an hour and I am yet to speak to someone. I changed strategy and decided to email them 2 days ago - I am still waiting for a response, even just an acknowledgement of receipt of my email. I will not be renewing my policy with this company."
"WORST INSURANCE IVE EVER HAD NEVER AGAIN IN MY LIFE WOULD I DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY. I PAID FOR A YEARS INSURANCE 14/02/16 WHICH SHOULD HAVE ENDED ON THE SAME DAY A YEAR LATER, WAS I WRONG THEY SENT ME A RENEWAL DATE FOR THE 09/02/17 THEN TRIED TELLING ME I PURCHASED ON THE 9TH THE PREVIOUS YEAR WHICH IS 100% NOT TRUE!! THEY ALSO TOLD ME OVER THE PHONE I COULD NOT DRIVE ANOTHER CAR ON MY INSURANCE YET SENT ME A LETTER 11 MONTHS DOWN THE LINE STATING THAT I COULD (I HAD TO GIVE UP MY NIGHT JOB BECAUSE OF THEIR DAFT RESTRICTIONS) THE WLSO ADDED MONEY TO MY BILL WHICH THEY TOOK WITHOUT EVEN NOTIFYING ME. WHEN I MADE A COMPLAINT THE WOMAN I SPOKE TO BASICALLY TURNED EVERYTHING I SAID IN MY COMPLAINT BACK AROUND TO MAKE ME SOUND WRONG AND THEY WAS RIGHT! I WAS TOLD THEY WOULD GIVE ME A PARTIAL REFUND OF THE MONEY THEY TOOK FROM MY ACCOUNT AND THAT IT WOULD BE BACK IN MY ACCOUNT WITHIN 24 HOURS, 8 DAYS LATER IM STILL WAITING. IF YOU KNOW WHATS BEST FOR YOU YOU WILL STAY AWAY FROM THIS ROBBING COMPANY!"
"Awful expensive company you cant even change any details without paying they ask for 175 just to change car details and 200 monthly payment waiting cant wait to have year with them so can refused bloody insurance and never again Do NOT RECOMMEND"
"Disgusting. Because my car wasn't kept at my registered address 75% of the time (because I stay at my partners during the weekends) they asked me to call them to which I said I would happily change all documentations to keep my policy. Did they accept this? No they didn't. I now apparently owe them £300 of fee's, £185 is the cancellation fee (which they cancelled off their own backs and wouldn't let me negotiate with them), baring in mind I paid 2 months worth up front, AND they cancelled my policy on the day my DD was due - so I didn't even get a full months worth. After 90 days they re-evaluate your policy which is great if you drive carefully, which I done and was told the day they cancelled they were deducting a certain amount off my monthly payments... I hate this company - none of the numbers match up with what has been told to me on the phone so to me they're just money grabbers and don't care about their customers. I DO NOT RECOMMEND"
"it was qiuck and easy"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
"Unless this company provide hard copies of insurance documents at the time of purchase as opposed to providing me with them on line with an expectation that I would download them myself (they did not enquire whether I had a printer or not - I did not) I will not be approaching them in the future."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
"Avoid at all costs. After you have taken out a policy they are not interested. I told the person I was trying to sort out a problem with that I would not renew my insurance with them or recommend them and he said oh well. I could have cancelled at a cost of £75 so I didn't have a choice but to suffer staying with them."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
"I am due to renew my insurance. The only problem with Sheilas Wheels is that you don't send a paper copy of the policy. I don't have a printer. It would be a big help as I don't know when my insurance is due"
Sheilas Wheels Broker is rated 2.15 based on 20 reviews