RAC Insurance Reviews

Cancellations & Refunds
Cancellation Process
Difficult

Tell us how RAC Insurance made you happy
No competitive rates available and they don't care losing a customer !
No help during covid 19 restrictions and then having not used my car for months .then when i got my renewal quote they wanted an increase of 75 pounds .I went elsewhere .avoid
RAC Insurance make it IMPOSSIBLE for you to cancel your insurance via mail/email/fax. The only way you can do it is by phoning the company which is unacceptable, in my opinion. Apart from the premium having increased it is the other reason why I have decided not to renew with them. I also don't see why I should spend 20-25 minutes on hold (at my expense) for a simple cancellation. They say they do it for 'security reasons' but my feeling is that this is an excuse to try to get you to stay loyal to the company. Bye bye RAC..
About to leave RAC insurance, as Premium based on estimated mileage of 5,00 miles per year & I have only dome 147 since Taxing & Renewing in January owing to lock down. They should give refunds as they have not run the risk anticipated, so their loss ratio will be massively reduced. Utmost Good Faith should work both ways.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 4 months ago
Cancellation fee is £55. Which for a motorbike where insurance only cost approx £150 is very steep.
I wouldn’t recommend at all!! Had a black box fitting during lockdown and I had to fit it myself and they sent me a faulty box I rang numerous time to get a new box they kept sending me emails saying my insurance was going to be cancelled. Finally 6 months later they came to fit it. Two days later I get an other email saying that my insurance is going to get cancelled again because the box that they fitted isn’t working and I have to book someone to out and fit it on the next email which they never sent. I rang up and told them what the email said they told me there was job needing to come out and fix my black box and someone would get back to me. Still waiting for someone to get back to me.
Setting up the direct debit and choosing your coverage was pretty straightforward, however as soon as you confirm your payment that's when the customer service quality disappears. No further communication, no access to policy documents, website malfunctioning etc.
I cancelled the policy within the cooling off period because they were very dictatorial in their communications. They told me I had to have a black box which would monitor all my driving and parking, and where I was visiting etc. I was told my no claims was incorrect and I was lying on my application. There was an error from my previous insurance companies which I contacted and sorted out. I decided I did not want to be insured by the RAC so I changed my insurance company.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 7 months ago
First they tried to put up my Insurance 50% and then when I tried to claim for a broken rear screen abroad I had to pay for it myself (not a problem) and then tried to claim only to discover that I wasn't insured by the RAC but AXA. RAC didn't answer my Emails and their automatic telephone system sent me round in circles.
I'm sorry to say that I have now found a different company who are 30% cheaper and you can talk to a human straight away
The insurance itself was fine, and when my car was hit my another driver the damage was repaired. The difficulty came when my windscreen was cracked, and it took over 2.5 months and five appointments before they finally replaced it (including turning up once with a windscreen for an entirely different make and model of car). The renewal came in at 33% higher than other online quotes which had a lower voluntary excess, so I won't be returning to RAC.
I can understand why there are so many young drivers without insurance my daughter has been with rac 11 mouths and has just had her insurance cancelled for driving 33 mph in a 30 dispite numerous phone calls and promises that they will sort it out they have not bothered and have now charged her a cancellation fee although they say they are sorting it out. Now she can’t get insurance because they have cancelled and she has to tell new company
Pros:: firstly since my 1st yr of driving I've had ne real issues with my policy
Also to mention a few representatives I've spoken to seemed polite..

Negatives: almost half of the representatives I've spoken other times came across rude also not very helpful
Some of there extra charges are a little on the steep side. And my renewal price came bk double the amount from last year. Although my driving score was infant good though they would of taken that into consideration not much thought went into that.
Also a mechanic came out to roadside he also wasn't very helpful
Overall Really think they need to improve on there customer service skills better
Not very good at all🤨🤔😠👎👎
Firstly haven had no issues with my policy through out my 1st yr of driving that's the pro side of things... also to mention have had a few representatives that seemed polite.
Negatives side: certain representatives near to half of the time. I've spoken to have come across rude also not to good with customer service. Makes me wonder if there in the right job.
And 1 mechanic from there team came out at road side and had sort of a bad experience with that 1 person
Overall really need to practice there customer service skills 🤨🤔😠👎👎👎
Ok not brilliance renewal
I have just cancelled my insurance with the RAC because of the way I was treated when my car was hit by an neighbors daughtsers car. They caused me so much stress that I had to go with her insurers in the end who were so much more helpful. A two week repair took 2 months.never again will I use RAC they don't care.
At no time are you advised that as an existing customer does any discounts apply, even if your policy has lapsed your still treated as an existing customer because your name is still on the rac register.
Don't renew with RAC home insurance - the price quoted was ~20% more than the previous year BUT if you go via a company like Compare the Market, the price is the same as the previous year. This is not the only insurance company running this scam - ring to cancel & they'll offer a reduction but in my opinion that is a scam if ever there was one.
Watch out for the small print and price hikes at renewal, not only that they sell on your details to 3rd parties for commission payments. Meaning they make more money out of you, raise your premiums again 10% just for profit and nothing about risk then use the Dick Turpin auto renewal daylight robbery method. The fleece you for cancellation charges if you wait until the renewal information arrives just days before policy expires. That's why it's best to get chase 1 month before renewal for a price rather than wait for them to tell you.

RAC should stick to roadside recovery because when it comes car insurance they can stick it where the sun don't shine.
Took out a car insurance policy with breakdown. No RAC Breakdown card or permission to use the breakdown app. Then charged me another £8 a month when I put on my Private Registration.
See what happens my renewal is due.
I've been with rac insurance for about 8 years. The last few years they have tried to screw me over on renewal price. Last year 700 gbp to renew my policy, started new policy with rac for 400 gbp. This year same thing renewal of 700gbp got a new policy with AA for 280gbp. Rac still too the money with no authority from me, now trying to get my money back. I would recommend rac insurance to anyone.
RAC Insurance is rated 2.51 based on 881 reviews