RAC Insurance Reviews

Telephone, Live Chat, Email
customer service

Tell us how RAC Insurance made you happy
Ok not brilliance renewal
I have just cancelled my insurance with the RAC because of the way I was treated when my car was hit by an neighbors daughtsers car. They caused me so much stress that I had to go with her insurers in the end who were so much more helpful. A two week repair took 2 months.never again will I use RAC they don't care.
At no time are you advised that as an existing customer does any discounts apply, even if your policy has lapsed your still treated as an existing customer because your name is still on the rac register.
Don't renew with RAC home insurance - the price quoted was ~20% more than the previous year BUT if you go via a company like Compare the Market, the price is the same as the previous year. This is not the only insurance company running this scam - ring to cancel & they'll offer a reduction but in my opinion that is a scam if ever there was one.
Watch out for the small print and price hikes at renewal, not only that they sell on your details to 3rd parties for commission payments. Meaning they make more money out of you, raise your premiums again 10% just for profit and nothing about risk then use the Dick Turpin auto renewal daylight robbery method. The fleece you for cancellation charges if you wait until the renewal information arrives just days before policy expires. That's why it's best to get chase 1 month before renewal for a price rather than wait for them to tell you. RAC should stick to roadside recovery because when it comes car insurance they can stick it where the sun don't shine.
Took out a car insurance policy with breakdown. No RAC Breakdown card or permission to use the breakdown app. Then charged me another £8 a month when I put on my Private Registration. See what happens my renewal is due.
I've been with rac insurance for about 8 years. The last few years they have tried to screw me over on renewal price. Last year 700 gbp to renew my policy, started new policy with rac for 400 gbp. This year same thing renewal of 700gbp got a new policy with AA for 280gbp. Rac still too the money with no authority from me, now trying to get my money back. I would recommend rac insurance to anyone.
The price comparison site showed that the RAC policy would include a courtesy car. It transpires, after signing up to the deal, that this is only possible if thd garage has one available. To guarantee a courtesy car you have to pay extra plus an admin fee. Incredibly unprofessional.
RAC had decided To take virtually all aspects of my score down to 0 despite the car not moving! They are constantly taking my score down drastically, which would be fine of there was justification for it. When reviewing my journeys there are not reports of speeding or harsh breaking, yet my score is randomly lowered without explanation... also very high price point. Feels like one big money making scheme, attempting to make your score lower so that the charge increases in the following year...
They charge £25 to make even the tiniest of changes - like a date of birth. Total rip off for something that takes them seconds to activate. Shameful treatment of customers and unlikely to retain their loyalty.
They charge customers extra for NO FAULT CLAIMS and they take 7-10 working days to refund your money. Especially when they take your money out immediately!
Every time I enquire about a temporarychange to my policy there is a £25 admin fee before anything else is added. In over 35 years of insuring cars I have never previously experienced such exorbitant charges
Through comparison website my cost is 780 gbp . Renewal through RAC directly £1408 . Same company , same cover , same details . What a renewal rip off . I won’t be using RAC again on principle . Best quote was £680 through another provider .
i would never use RAC again, i was 10 months into a policy, had a small accident so they wrote of the car. Not only that but they then proceeded to cancel my insurance and take the money that was owed for the remaining tens months in 1 foul swoop (£800) because i didnt purchase and insure another car within a week of getting my payout although not once did they mention this to me when i made the claim or in a letter when i received the payout. To add insult to injury they also wanted ME to pay the cancellation fee of £70 because THEY cancelled the policy despite the fact that i still needed the policy for when i purchased another car so i have had to take out another insurance policy with another company for the same period of time that i paid RAC for. Also dont expect them to call you back or leave a message. i phoned them up about 6 times in 1 morning and they blatantly lied to my face telling me their manager had tried to call me back despite the fact i told them i work in a noisy enviroment and please leave a message. not 1 missed call or answerphone.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
Wife had her bonnet come up due to failure of the bonnet catch and failsafe catch, damaged car whihc was eventually written off. We had protected NCB and the renewal cost has now gne up by 300%. They say they are honouring the NCB but the premuim has juped due to the "accident". They were difficult to deal with assessor was downright rude when dealing with us. Avoid like a dose of the clap
I used the enquiry number for members, just one option after another to be selected taking an age to actually speak to a real person!
Steer clear of these Guys they rip you off
(Home Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
Making a no fault claim has been a farce. The RAC promote the services of Enterprise, who arrange repairs and car hire. You end up doing the chasing of the other insurance company, getting the other party/Enterprise/RAC/repairer to talk to each other. When I have made a claim in the past I have gone to the broker who sorts everything all out for you, seamlessly. In this case RAC is the broker, it is not a seamless process. I would not recommend RAC in this instance.
My son had his card and called the rac when his car broke down we waited over an hour then when the guy came he asked if that was his card as it was added to our membership later he said it was and when I got out the car and asked what was wrong he said sorry and fixed the car we are still with them but not sure if we will be next year
Wouldn't recommend for learner or new drivers. Black box policy is reasonable price (£550 approx) while learning but rockets to almost £4000 when test passed. To add to the insult when cancelling the policy they say throw the black box away having charged to fit it! Then had to pay £150 to new insurer to fit another one as they're not compatible. 😩 Add all that to hours on hold and no I wouldn't recommend them. Saddest thing is that nobody reads these reviews so confirming the view that RAC have no interest in customer service.
RAC Insurance is rated 2.81 based on 669 reviews