RAC Insurance Reviews

of reviewers recommend RAC Insurance
Telephone, Live Chat, Email

Tell us how RAC Insurance made you happy
I received a quote which I took up, I'd had an accident three years ago which I declared as no fault as a Deer shot out into my car, apparently the insurance company had declared it as my fault as the Deer wasn't insured , when the RAC did a check they then wanted another £150 which I refused to pay, I could not recommend the RAC because of this, it clearly was not my fault as any idiot could see yet they wanted to stitch me up because of it, so if you're thinking of insuring I'd suggest that you go elsewhere, oh and although the policy hasn't yet started they want to charge me a cancellation fee, up yours RAC
DO NOT USE RAC INSURANCE they do not answer the phone, do not reply to emails, and when you get thru the staff are rude and unhelpful I have complained to the company but no reply so I moved to a new insurer BE WARNED
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! I thought they would be a company you could trust. If you have to make a claim you will not get the money you should receive and it takes up to a year. The third party they use to help you settle the claim is just as bad and don't even know when a car has been picked up for scrap and do not look into your account properly.
Terrible customer service attitude, did not want to listen to my explanation of a problem I had with previous insurers regarding proof of no claims, which I have 18 years of. It was easier to go to a different more understanding and helpful insurer. Stay away is my advice.
Called several times during the day and evening, waited over 25 minutes on each occasion without anyone answering the phone. Not worth using this insurer!
DO NOT INSURE WITH THIS COMPANY!!! - One star is far too good for them. Disgusting. Shocking service. Had insurance with RAC nothing but bad service start to finish. Insurance was due for renewal 28th January 2019. Got renewal price through. Got cheaper elsewhere but even if I didn't was certainly not renewing. Phoned and cancelled renewal and told them it was due to their customer service... Now today just arrived home to a demand letter from them to contact them about renewal or it will cost £55 to cancel.
WHERE DO WE START?? I have never come across such a cowboy outfit in all my days. My parents took out car insurance back in January.. We are now in APRIL! They have called or sent letter to cancel the policy 3 times now because of errors in administration and then have cheek to ask for cancellation payments each time! So yesterday was the final straw for my parents who are 70+ this is HUGE STRESS on them and will be going back to Tesco or Direct line for an easy life. PLEASE STAY AWAY from this absolute joke of an insurance company. If zero star was actually an option I would give that out out kindness. Stick to fixing cars at the roadside.
Rang up cancelled the insurance as our car goin to scrap they ask us pay £125 for cancellation fee thou they took £76 month off us aswell top off £125 we ask our £76 back as we should be entitled it back they said they don’t refund back they took lot out of us just because we had cancel we won’t be use ur company again such rip off.
disgusting customer service for your car insurance 14 days after the 1st payment they tried to charge extra £20 as i cancelled a direct debit from them which did not have their company name on it. I am arranged the 2nd payment early and you still want to charge £20 or £50 cancellation fee. The customer services was so rude.
I have had my car hit by a hit and run captured on cctv. Person has been charged by the police and they have not informed there insurance company. Total shock when was told we would need to claim on our own policy and pay 450 excess. Further more they directed us to enterprise whom gave us a car to use under a non fault issue. I have recently been sent a letter telling me it's not a couresy car but a credit agreement. Total sham. Do not entertain this company....
Very upsetting and stressful experience. Avoid
Sold car and was not renewing. Was charged £55 for cancellation. When I challenged this the operator was rude and argumentative. I would not use RAC again.
Beware. They have renewed my contract by themself. They have charged me a new price: 400% higher than my previous bills. Then, an extremely condenscending customer representative told me it is my fault, and ordered to pay hefty cancelation fee. You are now warned
I will never use RAC insurance again and will most likely cancel my breakdown cover as well. Even before my cover is due to start you find an excuse to charge me 1/3 more on top of what I have already paid, or £50 to cancel before I’ve even got cover started.
Bottom line 3 years with them and quoted £860 for 1.6 diesel, 43 year old with 6 years no claims, i was quoted £190-£280 MAX by 5 other insurers with better policies ! i saved over £500 with one free call RAC was trusted brand, not now, as insurance broker they are disgusting, £30 charge for every phone call ever made, they dont insure you, they punt you out and charge another £100 on top, plus the £30s for any call, one internet search will save you 100s, if you like yourself dont renew your policy, i lapsed last year and was going to be £200+ to cancel policy, on reflection i would NEVER put another £ in there hands, they dont make any effort to get you a competitive Quote, they are cynical and unwilling to help at any level, take a day and save yourself the hardship of a Poor service provider
Selected these on a comparison site as the price was good and my previous excellent insurer had increased their price. Very unhelpful a wopping £25 charge to change a date which was wrong, unable to add a temporary driver, offered to charge me an extra £50 per month for the 8 month duration of my policy to add as a named driver. Three years ago my previous insurer only charged me £20 extra per month, he has no convictions, points etc and three years more experience. Will not be using again.
i have been a member since 2009, and all they have done is put my premium up every year. Just called to cancel my policy and gave some feedback. Despite not having claimed for 3 years ie no breakdown call out, my premium went up. When I asked why, the respondent had no clear answer. He fobbed me with that they look at my record etc. Well I am a lady, 60's +, do on average 8k miles per annum, have my car regularly serviced (Ford Fiesta) etc. All they have done is 'milk me for money'. Warning shop around for quotes and don't stay loyal.
I had to cancel my insurance because they put up the cost due to incorrect information held by them and the underwriters. The insurance had not even started but they charged me £25 for cancelling. I have tried to get this money back but they never answer the emails and the people on the phone are useless. Big company must need my £25. Promised to reply to my email on a certain date and haven't, and that was the email to the top of the business. There for the motorist!!!!!!
My husband rang to get a quote, and they said it was going to be £4000. Customer service very abrupt, could'nt of cared less wether he accepted or not. Could'nt believe it, how he managed that god only knows.
Absolutely terrible. I discussed my renewal in great detail with them. Paid the full amount as agreed. I was then told a month later, that due to a problem I had cleared with them early on they, before renewal; hey were cancelling my insurance at five hours notice. Fortunately I was not away. The worst insurance firm I have ever dealt with in some sixty years.
RAC Insurance is rated 2.98 based on 599 reviews