RAC Insurance Reviews

61% of reviewers recommend RAC Insurance
Telephone, Live Chat, Email

How would you rate RAC Insurance ?

"Not had any need to contact provider since purchase of policy,but the process to purchase was straightforward"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 2 days ago
"They refused to transfer my policy with 8 months to run. THEY ONLY WOULD SELL ME A NEW POLICY. TERRIBLE COMPANY."
"Absolutely awful. I have a drone and an electric skateboard. Both of which are not covered for theft from my home, by my home contents insurance. Need to change to ‘Aviva’,"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 5 days ago
"Cancelled Van insurance due to selling the Van still had six months left to run on the insurance has i had paid this upfront was told they would charge me a fee of £75 for cancellation and also the broker they had arrange my insurance through would also charge me a fee of £25. They said "We'll be in touch again within the next 7 days to give you a breakdown of anything that you owe us, or any refunds that we owe you". 14 days later and after a reminder phone call to them after 10 days that they had not been in touch i am still waiting, definitely would not recommend."
"Terrible! Constant hurdles so they can double the cost of insurance. Do not use, much better deals and customer service available. They purposely deceive the customer. Poor business practice and they do not deserve the business."
"DO NOT RECOMMEND RAC car insurance. Paid for annual car insurance from RAC. They required proof of no claims. Sent 4 emails with copies of no claims after being giving different contacts by customer services. Had no reply. Made 8 phone calls and still no confirmation. Agents were not reading documents of evidence. Last agent told me that they could not confirm my documentation and insurance would be cancelled. Clearly RAC didn't want to accept the proof of no claims as they could then double the price of insurance."
"What went wrong? What's gone right! My partner was in an accident in August an uninsured driver hit him. Reported the accident at the time to RAC. Was told he would receive a call next day to see how he was. Still waiting. He had to make all calls to find out what was happening. Then they say his insurance didn't cover him for commuting to work. (Standard on all insurance companies I've ever dealt with). He had paid insurance upfront so this was additional payment to be made. This was made and now he has received a letter saying his insurance is being cancelled because that payment has not been made. RAC you are a disgrace and I would not recommend you to anyone."
"Got a quote online ... So after declaring my wife’s 2 claims in 5 years and other relevant details...it was 339 fully comp ....so went for it Then got a letter 3 weeks later upping the original quote to 439 as the claims declared were a few days out Then another week later I got another letter stating they had found another claim I hadn’t declared and were upping the quote again by another £300 plus £25 administration charge for the change ( odd how they never charged before as I would call that a change too) I know nothing of this claim and would have declared it at the time of the finding a quote So now from my original quote ... what I’m being quoted now has more than doubled in 4 weeks ... so I have cancelled my policy at a cost of £55 cancellation fee So I suggest RAC... you stick to what you know (breakdowns) ....and leave insurance to the experts"
"Helo. Rac I wont new offer for a new years if you do like me if not please make shy do so to be notified by SMS, telephone and email"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 weeks ago
"They charge customers extra for NO FAULT CLAIMS and they take 7-10 working days to refund your money. Especially when they take your money out immediately!"
"It's a shame you can't give no stars. I sort out the insurance for both my wife and myself. Her insurance was due to renew. The quote came through and it was pretty competitive. I told her to ring and accept the quote (about £430). After spending ages on told me she eventually got through. She was told that they no longer use the underwtmriter where her quote came from and the new quote was £730. She cancelled it. She was told that had she not called to cancel, rac would have debited my card for £730 even though they never once notified us of this almost doubling of the price. Surely this is illegal! You can't give customers a comparative quote and then almost double it and bill the customer without notifying them."
"My renewal was sent via Service Centre but I had asked for it by post. I was told my premium and that nothing had changed. When I found how to look at my policy and the renewal I saw it had a £200 excess at renewal. Previously £100. I call that a change. Said I would think about it and a very rude man was not happy. Phoned today and my offer was not now available. What a Company. Very unprofessional."
"Extremely difficult to get through to their customer care and to top it off they have a £55 cancellation fee on your policy that is very well hidden in the small print !"
"Good company"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 4 weeks ago
"Absolute s***, they only install black boxes between 8-4 mon-fri so you have to take the day off work and waste an entire day waiting for them!! They turned up at 7pm, just hate it but can’t xhange my police as they’ll charge an £150 fee"
"Every time I enquire about a temporarychange to my policy there is a £25 admin fee before anything else is added. In over 35 years of insuring cars I have never previously experienced such exorbitant charges"
"Bought a new car so rung to remove my private plate at a charge of £25, said they would waver the fee for the new car and putting number plate back on. Attempted to take 3x £25 out of my bank, bank stopped 2 of the payments. Add insult to injury threatened to cancel my insurance due to no payment. Still waiting for the complaint side to ring me back. Will never recommend them"
"After changing my car for a newer model, (no bigger and not a souped up race car - Fiat Punto to Vauxhall Corsa), I call RAC to swap my insurance over to find they're going to charge me over £100 more a year!! When deciding to cancel and go elsewhere, I find I'm to be charged over £50 cancellation plus a £24+ admin fee. Sooo RAC, you have me until this time next year, but hey - don't expect to see me again after being ripped off to the tune of a £100 quid! (To have to wait over 15 mins to get through also, doesn't do you any favours). I am incensed!!"
"Never again"