RAC Insurance Reviews

67% of reviewers recommend RAC Insurance

How would you rate RAC Insurance ?

John
"I had to telephone RAC Insurance to check some of the details in my GO Compare quotation. Their operative Derick was extremely helpful and I made some minor adjustments."
"No communication before a £25 admin fee on my credit card. No explanation why. Awful company."
"Total waste of time."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 6 days ago
"i would never use RAC again, i was 10 months into a policy, had a small accident so they wrote of the car. Not only that but they then proceeded to cancel my insurance and take the money that was owed for the remaining tens months in 1 foul swoop (£800) because i didnt purchase and insure another car within a week of getting my payout although not once did they mention this to me when i made the claim or in a letter when i received the payout. To add insult to injury they also wanted ME to pay the cancellation fee of £70 because THEY cancelled the policy despite the fact that i still needed the policy for when i purchased another car so i have had to take out another insurance policy with another company for the same period of time that i paid RAC for. Also dont expect them to call you back or leave a message. i phoned them up about 6 times in 1 morning and they blatantly lied to my face telling me their manager had tried to call me back despite the fact i told them i work in a noisy enviroment and please leave a message. not 1 missed call or answerphone."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 week ago
"My insurance premium doubled in price after the first year even although all the details remained the same - poor service"
"THEIR BLACK BOX INSURANCE IS AN ABSOLUTE SCAM! Took out a car insurance policy as it seemed one of the cheaper options with a black box. All was fine until a couple of months in when I had a call and a representative told me that I was “commuting” to my sixth form - a place of education. I asked how this was commuting and was not given a solid answer “I’m not sure. It’s kind of hard to say really.” So I asked to speak to a manager. When speaking to the manager I also got no straight answer but then ran out of time so was told I’d have to phone back. When phoning back I asked to speak to a manager straight away and the manager seemed to get all arsey with me being extremely sarcastic. Bear in mind that this was just a couple of days previous to my last phonecall, and I like to see what my driver score is like, they had dropped it from 95 to 68 even though I’d been driving exactly the same as normal. I asked for communication in writing as to exactly how travelling to a place of education is commuting and where on their website or in my policy it states so. A week or so went by and I recieved nothing from them in the post and then, all of a sudden, I get an email saying that they’ve cancelled my insurance. I presume this is a scare tactic that they use to get people to pay extra premiums as they said that of the £600+ yearly premium that is paid in full, I was only being refunded £200 after a couple of months. I repeat this black box insurance is an absolute SCAM!!"
"cheapest i could find on go compare"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"My previous insurance increased substantially at renewal despite 12 years NCB - so tried RAC who insure another vehicle for us. Even with add-ons my new premium is over £100.00 less than my previous insurance, but still has a 5star defacto rating and several add-ons. Delighted I made the change, and will be coming back to RAC when my house insurance is due."
(Home Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"Only one problem,when ringing up to report a breakdown has with many large companies its a 0333 number,apart from that highly satisfied."
John Robinson
Verified Reviewer
"Home contents. The worst experience I have ever had!. I had Insured the "high risk" items to the value of £13000 single item at £2000....When I claimed for my tv they offered me £1000 maximum. I have since proven that I am eligible to £2000 but they still won't offer me anywhere near my claim!....I have spoken to the FSA and they agree with me that I'm owed closer to the £2000....Everyone at the call centre either has a condescending attitude or no basic knowledge of their policies.....My policy is new for old, and I paid extra for the "high risk" items!!..They want to give me a lower quality and below spec tv...DISGUSTED AND STILL IN DISPUTE!."
"joined rac last month everything was fine any information they asked for was provided a month later they just cancelled on me no explanation or nothing would not recommend them to anyone"
"really good insurance, i love that you can track your car on the app."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 weeks ago
"£25 to change car details, over £22 extra per month for new quote (similar cars) asked why new price was double was told ‘probs a newer car & prices go up’ !! Phoned around & got a better deal for half the price, cancelled rac insurance £55,, didn’t offer any deals, over 30mins on hold both times.. never again"
"The worst insurance brokers I have had to deal with. Very bad experience. If the unfortunate happens to you, they will rip you off and kick you while you’re down. Insurance policy goes up from £60 to £130 a month. More than double."
"Have been insured with RAC for a year. They sent me a letter with a renewal price of £457 but the letter said I had to call to renew. I did not call. In the middle of the night my bank's fraud team rang to say RAC were trying to steal £2600 from my account! When I spoke to them they apologised, admitted the mistake but said that renewal was now £2200. When I said I didn't want to pay that they cancelled my insurance with immediate effect even though they knew I hadn't had a chance to arrange alternative insurance and I had asked for it to continue until midnight. When I complained about that they said the only option was to reinstate the insurance, committing me to the £2200 charge. Appalling service. AVOID!"
"Customer service is very good and so are the prices!"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"Quick by the time I phoned your breakdown to the time RAC van turned up at my door was brilliant great mechanic nothing was any problem to him and also very helpful great service"
"They do not operate on bank holidays?! You pay over a thousand as a young driver a year. For them not to turn up when you need them. Absolutely appalling. Was on hold for 2 hours stuck on the road side as my car was not able to move. Do not insure with this company if you even want the bare minimum of service. Usually one for being lenient with reviews and trying to find good but this is a joke. Writing this at 10 past 3 in the morning having waited since 11pm. Still no answer or reply. Complete joke."
"I insured my car with RAC and was required to pay a deposit. A few days after I found a cheaper insurance so I decided to cancel my insurance policy with RAC within the 14 day cooling off period. RAC has failed to refund my deposit and have lied numerous times saying that the money had not come through (even though it had). I have had to get my bank involved to help me sort out the situation. I cancelled my policy on the 11th April and I still have not received my deposit. This is unacceptable, for a well-known reputatable company I am suprised that this situation has arisen."
Clenilson
"Best insurer ,easy to deal ,i send all my information and my wife's they start on same day ,i put breakdown cover to UK and EU good price i really recommend...."
RAC Insurance is rated 3.65 based on 382 reviews