RAC Insurance Reviews

69% of reviewers recommend RAC Insurance

How would you rate RAC Insurance?

356 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Kevin

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about RAC Insurance in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"My date of birth came up as Jan instead of June and they tried to up my insurance by £140 ,at over 50 I don't think a few month either makes you a safer or unsafer driver,so cancelled,and they had the cheek to rip me off for £25 admin fee even though it was well within the cooling off period .Is this even legal ?"
"BE CAREFUL - BUYER BEWARE - if you cancel your insurance they charge you £55 (as an Admin fee). I asked the guy what the £55 is for, he said he had no idea."
"I have received a terrible service from this insurer provider which cost me in my premium increase above 50% during renewal period. Non fault scratch to my stationary car become my fault as they did not follow my claim in professional manner-in fact as they admitted they "forgot to reclaim the cost from 3rd party". Never mind that person (3rd party admitted the fault which I have confirm with copy of the messages exchanged with the driver). Shame that for "ohhh we forgot reclaim the money" is paying a customer whom they really dont care about. Be careful when choosing Rac as they allocating you with them partners in my case it was Liverpool Victoria."
Gemma
"Fantastic customer services,amazing"
"STEER CLEAR, CROOKS WHO WILL GIVE A CHEAP QUOTE AND THEN CHANGE THINGS, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED"
Anthony English
Unverified Reviewer
"Bought my insurance through Quidco and they refused to honor their cashback. Won't be buying anything off the RAC again. Nice way to try to make yourself seem cheaper than the competition."
Daina Krakope
"Never again!"
"Claim was for water damage to property. Has taken nearly 3 months to complete repairs and reinstatement. Distinct lack of communication between parties involved resulting in prolonged intervals between the various stages of the job."
(Home Insurance) - Posted 3 weeks ago
Unhappy Customer
Verified Reviewer
"Absolutely abysmal company, my insurance came with a years free breakdown and recovery, in the small print it says only 10 miles local recovery, so i was 200 miles away from home when my Vauxhall decided to blow a turbo and was only made aware of this at the side of the road, misleading to say the least, then i had to have my vehicle towed from a main road to a supermarket car park to await rescue from my Dad with a trailer, now with a vehicle that is unable to drive i decided to sell the vehicle after the insurance renewed and i phoned to cancel the policy. The bloke on the phone said i was actually due a refund of a small amount after cancellation fee's were taken off the payment i had just made, then a few weeks later i get bombarded with emails and phonecalls saying that i was now due them £100odd for another months insurance on a car i no longer owned? I since paid the outstanding balance they claimed i owed them to get them off my back, now 3 and a half months later i have received correspondence from a company entitled "cars" which is essentially a debt recovery company claiming that i am due them a further £25 for their services? Absolutely horrendous service, unorganized company and not able to get through to anybody on the phone. I would avoid at all costs and have since reported to the Financial Conduct Authority."
Paul Sutton
"Had a nightmare deal with RAC. Not the best dealing with customer service."
"My wife and I are severely disabled boiler packed up been waiting Nearly two hours on hold for an emergency call out."
Rosemary Moore
Unverified Reviewer
"Wife had her bonnet come up due to failure of the bonnet catch and failsafe catch, damaged car whihc was eventually written off. We had protected NCB and the renewal cost has now gne up by 300%. They say they are honouring the NCB but the premuim has juped due to the "accident". They were difficult to deal with assessor was downright rude when dealing with us. Avoid like a dose of the clap"
Jackie
"Great service, good price and very friendly staff."
Susan
"I used the enquiry number for members, just one option after another to be selected taking an age to actually speak to a real person!"
"I have been with RAC for car insurance for about 6 years. They are not the cheapest on the market, but you only get what you pay for. I had a non-fault accident five years ago, and claimed via RAC. The procedure was quite straightforward. I received whiplash injuries after my car was struck in the rear. Because I had taken out Legal Cover, a firm called Minster Law dealt with my claim, arranged physiotherapy for my neck problem, and obtained a settlement for over £2000 for me. My car was repaired and returned to me and a hire car was available during repairs. Every firm will get five stars for arranging to take your money, but how many will give you the high class service that the RAC gave me when I needed to claim."
"I was paying 50 quid a month. I added my brother to it ( same experience, no car accidents etc) and it went up to 72 quid ( not to mention admin fees I paid). Now I want to take my brother off from the insurance and they told me it will go up to 92 quid if I want to keep it solo!! Now I have to wait for a contract to finish before I can leave those thiefs otherwise they would rob me of cancelation fee. Scammers. Worst car insurance in UK. Avoid like fire."
"We've been members for some years and not used their services, so had planned to stop it. However the direct debit didn't stop and we needed to use them 3 times within the first month. Great service by thoughtful, polite and professional people."
(Home Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
"I had a claim being struck by a lorry no fault to me at all the driver admitted liability whilst making a claim I was asked on the phone link 1) Do you want to keep your protected no claim bonus 2) Do you want to keep your access, obviously this is the case in a no fault accident, then you end up with a car rental "partner" company that will lend me a car and send mine to a breakers not happy, it took me 11 phone calls to actually contact the insurance underwriter direct and they sorted out my claim and repairs. Absolutely disgusting customer service. When renewal came up I was told my policy had gone up by over £100 owing to my accident when i rang up the idiot at the other end said that the accident was down to me and that was that, I actually contacted the underwriters directly AGAIN and they sent me a copy of the third party resolved claim for my records. What an absolute waste of space,"
Jackie. Edinburgh
Unverified Reviewer
"Spoke to an RAC representative about my policy as I had moved to a new address . Five mins away from my previous address. They managed to bump up my policy cost by an extra £14 pounds a month . Charge me a 25.00 admin fee and re-charge me interest for the new policy even though my existing policy was due to end in two months. Needless to say I will not be renewing with them in March . Nothing more off putting than being ripped off."
"I have listened to the blurb twice and it does not allow you to enter a quote reference number"
RAC Insurance is rated 3.73 based on 356 reviews