RAC Insurance Reviews

59% of reviewers recommend RAC Insurance

Tell us how RAC Insurance made you happy

Telephone, Live Chat, Email
"RAC had decided To take virtually all aspects of my score down to 0 despite the car not moving! They are constantly taking my score down drastically, which would be fine of there was justification for it. When reviewing my journeys there are not reports of speeding or harsh breaking, yet my score is randomly lowered without explanation... also very high price point. Feels like one big money making scheme, attempting to make your score lower so that the charge increases in the following year..."
"They charge £25 to make even the tiniest of changes - like a date of birth. Total rip off for something that takes them seconds to activate. Shameful treatment of customers and unlikely to retain their loyalty."
"Would advise anyone to not use RAC insurance. They first of all allowed another company to take lead on sorting the claim as a 3rd party. They then reported they did not even know who this company was and took over as the lead 5 months later after numerous calls and complaints. My personal claim was handle very poorly, each time you phone there was no recording of previous conversations so staff had no idea what your claim was. To add to that, RAC then declined everything on the claim despite picture evidence, reciepts of black box fittings and stull refused to fund the amount that should have been paid out. The staff have been extremely rude and try to place the blame on the person not at fault if the it is their clients fault to get out of paying out. DONT NOT USE, I have heard so many stories they will not support you in a claim."
"We tried to claim on damage to our car from another vehicle that opened their door into our moving car. The culprit told his insurance its not his fault even after RAC saw that the evidence was, however RAC could only write a letter as to not rush the matter. We had to deal with the underwriters as RAC could not do anything... so absolutely useless in fighting your corner for a claim, as they wont"
"The policy was quick and easy to sort out and very reasonable"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 1 week ago
"Satisfied with the service"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 1 week ago
"Been insured with them 10 months after changing my car, my black box was to get fitted on the 20th of this month. After contacting them to advice them on the 19th that the car had broke down and was in the garage for repair. They told me to advice RAC insurance which I did and to reschedual for another appointment to get black box fitted, they have now cancelled my policy and refused to fit the black box at garage. They are also they are a nightmare to get through to on the phone, been on the phone the past 3 days 1hour at a time just waiting to get through to speak to someone. They have also took my NCB off me as I haven’t completed the full year even though I am not at fault it was them that cancelled the policy. On the letter of cancellation it is not the correct spelling of my name and the wrong ref number tberefor my insurance should not be cancelled as its not the correct details. THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU DECIDE TO GO WITH THEM!!"
"They seemed to offer a really good company at first but wanting to add or remove something off your policy is next to impossible I need business insurance for work they have told me my payment has gone from £137 to £334 a month which is disgusting and then told me my 7 month no claims bonus will start again it doesn’t count. So because this is no good to me they are requesting over £100 to cancel my insurance I have never missed a payment and had perfect score on my black box and now I need help they are basically telling me they is nothing they can do unless I pay out money I don’t have I would not recommend this insurance company"
"Awful customer service, originally quoted £30 a month, went upto £60 as my husband had claims against him, charged £25 amendment fee, then charged another amendment fee of £25 to remove him off the policy. Car insurance alone was still £45 a month, to cancel it's £55 + the rest of the month, and would still have to pay amendment fees. They wrote to me 3 weeks later so after cooling period had ended. They are theives, avoid at all costs. Plus the fact I was put on hold for 15 minutes. Complete joke of a company."
"This company is an absolute joke tried to get extra money out me because they said my NCB was not received I had posted and emailed it and they still said it had not been received and £55 charge would be put in place on top or cancelled Would never use them again"
"Does what it says on the can......just like RAC itself .....solid ,trustworthy and reliable"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"Upon being charged more for my insurance the originally quoted I immediately cancelled my insurance with them and requested a refund, I was reinsured that everything was cancelled and that the refund was processed and will take between 3-10 days to come back in, not trusting online companies after 5 days I contacted them again to make sure the refund had been processed as i was previously told turns out it hadn't and that i would have to wait up to a further 8 days to get this refund afterwards i reached out to them on twitter to 100% confirm i was getting my refund i was told to DM them my details and they would get back to me and surprise surprise they never did i can't believe how useless and uncaring they are when it comes to giving people their money back. if you have recently cancelled i would advise chasing them or they will all be having a nice holiday in our expense"
"Got charged extra for an "information only " comment posted by previous company on claim site. RIP off company who appear to extort extra money where possible. Cancelled immediately and went to a more reputable company."
"I found that the rac give you useful advice on driving and new laws in monthly emails were precious insurers just seem to want your money"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
"I am already with RAC & bought a 2nd car. As a customer with 7-years protected no-claims bonus & 55 years old, I called them for a quote after buying a convertible Mercedes. They quoted me £1100 plus. I went to Confused.com & quotes started from £252. Do not trust these jokers. They will take advantage of ongoing clients. This quote was without a 7-year no claims bonus as it can only be used on one car."
"Very efficient Very helpful Gave uncomplicated answers to any information request"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
"RAC car insurance sucks. The customer care sucks! RAC don’t actually offer car insurance, they are a broker! We sadly had to make a claim as some9ne hit my wife’s car. RAC passed the claim to a claims management company, who in turn passed the claim to another. The claim was never resolved. I could have contacted a no win no fee claims management company, I didn’t insure with the RAC for them to simply pass off my claim, I expected them to manage it. The RAC is a joke, you might as well not be insured!"
"Unsure if I could claim or not so I phoned up and the help and advice I was given was very good."
(Home Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
"My building insurance was set to automatically renew. I specifically asked this not to happen....The race have looked into it... And claim it's my fault... Beware of the fact and there underhand tactics ."
"Automatic recharging for home building insurance....Even through you don't want it .Very sharp practices ... Steer well clear ....."
RAC Insurance is rated 3.37 based on 454 reviews