RAC Insurance Reviews

65% of reviewers recommend RAC Insurance
Telephone, Live Chat

How would you rate RAC Insurance ?

"I'm not one to complain and feel sorry for the staff who have to work with the poor service they have to provide. Purchased van insurance paid full amount up front. Sent off details requested was not contacted to say it was all accepted. That was to phone calls to sort out poor system. Had to email info they never received another phone call so got totally dissatisfied with the service and requested to cancel the policy completely. Refund was very disappointing from my premium payed there was a £25 fee reduced from £75 due to personal reasons. The rest I work at about 18% of the amount paid for under 3 weeks of being on policy who does the maths! Not going to bother contacting them about this issue and I suggest you don't bother ever contacting them rubbish service. The staff on the phones were always very helpful just shocking service for what I thought was a reputable company. So glad I have always had breakdown with the aa and been insured to will not make this switch or mistake again"
"If you need to make a claim, they tell you to call Enterprise rent a car. When you call Enterprise, they tell you to call LV Highway Insurance, the underwriter. My car is still damaged!"
"Through comparison website my cost is 780 gbp . Renewal through RAC directly £1408 . Same company , same cover , same details . What a renewal rip off . I won’t be using RAC again on principle . Best quote was £680 through another provider ."
"Absolutely disgusting service ! Left me for 6 hours in blazing sun supposed to updating me but never received one call. Recovery truck came and I had to pay to get my car home which I thought was included in the service. Driver gave me a price then a manager called him stating he needed to charge me 52 miles when the journey was 39!! Feel totally let down by the experience left on my own at side of a busy country road with no updates then a manager trying to rip me off was just what I needed!! NOT ...was also promised a manager call....STILL WAITING!"
"Would not go with them this year my bank card playin up cause they couldn’t take payment on the day now i got pay £25 this as happen few time the money in my account for them to take not my fort the bank now on 9 August i got pay £25 more very Disappointing would like some 1 phone me to sort this out"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"Unfair charge/Very bad customer service I am trying to cancel the car insurance policy that I bought online on 13/07 that due to start on 04/08/18 because you changed the premium. I contacted you on the 20th to cancel the policy. I have been told I need to pay £25 for an arrangement fee according to your customer advisor it is the cost to arrange for the policy to be started on 04/08. Even worse, up to now I still haven't received the refund (I paid annual premium in full on 13/07). I phoned you on the 29th to find out when the refund will be paid to my account and found out it has not been processed. I requested to speak to the manager, the advisor told me the manager was not available at the time and will call me back the next day. However, no one contacted me. So, I called you again yesterday, despite the promise made by the customer advisor, still no call."
"Tried to change my vehicle details online through the RAC car insurance website. Got an automated response to say that instead I had to telephone their call centre in working hours! How old fashioned and not customer focussed :( Expect that I'll be on hold for a while given previous experience..."
"The online quotation system is useless! It failed to recognise my personal registration number of my car, it didn't recognise the original registration number either. The system asked me to call the customer service team, they were not much help as I could not give them a reference number they kept asking for. The call handler I spoke to also kept sighing as if I was disrupting her day! I was told reluctantly that they could do a quote over the phone but it would take sometime. I decided to go somewhere else!"
"avoid absolutely disgusting service tried cancelling my policy ! i resolved this then i tried to add a personalized number plate and the answer was we will have start a new 12 month policy with you and the price increased from £90 a month too £170 just due to private plate meaning i had to start my no claims again AVOID ! ABSOLUTELY AVOID CUSTOMER SERVICE IS APPALLING AVOID AVOID AVOID !!!!!! QUICK TO TAKE YOUR MONEY THEN KICK YOU IN THE TEETH."
"WORST INSURANCE EVER!!! Particularly the black box insurance, please no one go with this company, I have had nothing but grief and disgusting customer service from the beginning; wouldn’t tell my worst enemy about going with them! Trying to make drivers pay more and cancelling insurances based on inaccurate data!Scumbags!"
"Being a first time driver this insurance was extremely expensive but was the cheapest one out of the options provided to me by Go Compare. Apart from the ridiculous price everything was easy to set up, black box was installed at a location and date of my choice. They just take the money every month and that's that. Would recommend this insurance to any first time drivers but if you find an insurance provider that's cheaper go with that."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 4 weeks ago
"Very straightforward. .easy to pay"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 4 weeks ago
"Be very careful taking out RAC Black Box or Telematics Insurance. I had a policy and changed my car. Price went from £280 to almost £500 as they said the original underwriter wouldn't insure new cars. I asked to cancel and there's a £125 cancellation fee. I got new insurance for just £210. It was still cheaper to cancel but £125 is disgusting Check the small print"
"Hi, ive just helped my partner get a quote and then took out a policy. When we received the documents I immediately contacted the insurer because there were items not included. I was on the phone for a total of 28 minutes and the result was not satisfactory. I was told we would have to pay more to get the cover that we wanted, Breakdown Cover, Replacement car and key cover. Because we had only just taken out the policy 5 minutes earlier I asked to have the policy cancelled but was informed we would be charged £25, I said “we are within the 14 day cooling off period” but was told by Amy that its in their Terms & Conditions that they will charge this fee. We have had no alternative but to leave the policy in place but we are really unhappy with the whole experience. I believe we have been mislead by what was shown on the comparethemarket.com website and what we ultimately received from the RAC insurance (BISL Ltd). We would like to know what can be done about this please if anything?"
"Poor customer service. I"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"I was unfortunate to be involved in a none fault accident resulting in my car being written off, it was declared a category n so I was able to buy it back, from the moment I reported the accident to them within 1 hour I had been contacted by different departments of their team ie courtesy car (delivered that day) solicitors etc, anyway two weeks later I got the cheque for my car(which was more than I paid for it) minus the buying back fee. I can't praise them enough 5 star +!!"
"Stole my money and then refused to give it back. They took it without my permission and decided to charge me for a second premium. Absolutely appalling service, I would never go back to them or recommend them to anyone else. Worst insurance company ever."
"I had to telephone RAC Insurance to check some of the details in my GO Compare quotation. Their operative Derick was extremely helpful and I made some minor adjustments."
"No communication before a £25 admin fee on my credit card. No explanation why. Awful company."
"Total waste of time."