Motorcycle Direct Reviews

Motorcycle Direct have a Customer Happiness Grade of C-. Customers are happy with their prices and customer service but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

28% of reviewers recommend Motorcycle Direct

How would you rate Motorcycle Direct ?

"Started Policy paid in full, only to find they were cancelling it as I had not provided any information they requested, they sell you a policy as Motorcycle direct and reply with another companies details. They cancelled the policy and kept 90% of the premium to pay for their charges which they caused!. Manager rang after it was all closed and offered an apology and small amount of cash back, only with company 4 weeks and it cost me £100 of a £124 premium. I told them never again and vowed to tell everyone to stay away."
"Trust me don't go near these bunch of modern day dick Turpin's.i got caught by them.wont be getting my custom again next year be warned."
"Had to make a change due to being made redundant. Charged £50 for the pleasure plus a premium increase. Then if I get a new job they will charge me this again to change it again. Asked to cancel and the pathetic refund was £80 on a policy value of over £200 in March. Pathetic. Rest assured I will not be using them again."
"Policy cancelled due to bike sale, £30 to canvel on a policy that only cost £70 to start with, would have charge me more but apparently arent allowed to charge more than value left on policy! Avoid and use somebody else!"
"Worse insurance company ever. Wouldn’t accept my full moped entitlement and charged me £25 for a cancellation fee. Going back to bike sure least they understand how it works. Absolutely disgusted with the service. Feel like con men to me"
"Conmen. Beware"
"I was sent an email two weeks after taking out a MC policy saying it had been cancelled while I was at work I use the bike for commuting, how did they think I was supposed to get home? After waiting for 20 minutes I got through, another 10 minutes and they said it was a mistake and confirmed I had sent a proof of no claims after all. I wanted to speak to a manager, but what a surprise, I got cut off before they were available......."
"Total rip off, their charges are unacceptable AVOID like the plague"
"I took out cover on the 16 Feb, find I have cancer, sold bike and cancelled insurance 06 March. Charged £75 cancellation fee!!! Had cover for 18 days. Premium £145.40 getting £40 back....... rip off."
"Honestly the worst insurance company I've used. They give you a price then double the price 2 months down the line"
(Motorbike Insurance) - Posted 5 months ago
"I had an accident that was entirely the fault of the car driver. Motorcycle direct have told me go to the underwriter Aviva who have told me to go to Motorcycle direct. MCD put me on to a third party claims manager 4-th dimension who immediately accused me of hitting the car even though I said the car hit me. And then washed its hands of the claim when I said I didn't want their courtesy vehicle. MCD has done its best to wash its hands of my claim. So has Aviva as the TP is also insured with them. Each has told me to go to the other ! Meanwhile I have a damaged scooter and helmet and an injury to my knee the doctor says is a torn ligament or cartilage. Insured with these ? it appears its a DIY job!!! Time for the ombudsman and court I think. !!"
"Always they try to con you on renewal, I always check on line and the price is lower. Had a claim in 2014 and they paid no problem."
(Motorbike Insurance) - Posted 6 months ago
"Avoid MotorcycleDirect insurance... wouldn't cover my new bike with the existing underwriter and then wanted over a grand for a year with a new firm when the next nearest quote was about £400. They then proceeded to charge me £120 in admin fees etc to cancel the policy and were incredibly rude and condescending on the phone. Absolutely criminal. I'm so glad I never needed to make a claim. What a bunch of cowboys!!!"
"I would avoid using this company, I just called to cancel my insurance policy, I was aware of the £50 cancellation fee, however they insisted on charging me £75, as the additional £25 was due to me using comparison site. It doesn't state this on their website, i did argue, however when you are charged an additional 7p on top of your standard line charge, it was becoming more expensive.... I won't be using them again and i suggest you do the same."
"second time with this company,quote competitive and no problems so far"
"Sold my motorcycle and charged £60 for an £89 yearly policy bunch of rip off merchants give them a wide berth ...... I for one will not use this company again"
"On the face of it, this company looked good in that the cost of insuring my bike was competitive and easy to buy. Where it fell down was when I came to change to a different bike and transfer the insurance, when a cool £50 "service charge" was implemented - about half the cost of the annual insurance! When I suggested that I felt this was excessive, the attitude was one of, "Well, that's what we charge - too bad!" (though not in so many words). I'll think twice when the time to renew comes around."
(Motorbike Insurance) - Posted 7 months ago
"GOOD LUCK IF YOU CHOOSE THIS COMPANY!! I found it this company in GOCompare and payed for the insurance for my motorbike. First arrived the contract with them,after 7 days arrived another contract from Europagroup (Bristol) and they created me a lot trouble. When i decided to search another insurance company i asked at AVIVA and they told me that my motorbike was already cover with AVIVA! MotorcycleDirect and the Europagroup are just the mediators,infact any details that you want change in your insurance or you sell your vehicle (close the Policy),you pay! If you don't pay they have your card details and they take your money without asking."
"All very good and good price except when I sold the bike the cost of cancelling the policy was more than the return value so I left the policy in force and and will not renew when it expires."
(Motorbike Insurance) - Posted 9 months ago
"I have been paying for a bmw sport that ant even mine I ride a bike just coz of 2 letters mixed up scuming c**ts just charged me £30 and said it was 75 to cancel it never go to them ant happy im only a 19 year that's still learning and trying to save and they do this 😢"
Motorcycle Direct is rated 2.20 based on 109 reviews