Motorcycle Direct Reviews

31% of reviewers recommend Motorcycle Direct

How would you rate Motorcycle Direct?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

99 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
mark

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Motorcycle Direct in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"I had an accident that was entirely the fault of the car driver. Motorcycle direct have told me go to the underwriter Aviva who have told me to go to Motorcycle direct. MCD put me on to a third party claims manager 4-th dimension who immediately accused me of hitting the car even though I said the car hit me. And then washed its hands of the claim when I said I didn't want their courtesy vehicle. MCD has done its best to wash its hands of my claim. So has Aviva as the TP is also insured with them. Each has told me to go to the other ! Meanwhile I have a damaged scooter and helmet and an injury to my knee the doctor says is a torn ligament or cartilage. Insured with these ? it appears its a DIY job!!! Time for the ombudsman and court I think. !!"
"Always they try to con you on renewal, I always check on line and the price is lower. Had a claim in 2014 and they paid no problem."
(Motorbike Insurance) - Posted 3 days ago
"Avoid MotorcycleDirect insurance... wouldn't cover my new bike with the existing underwriter and then wanted over a grand for a year with a new firm when the next nearest quote was about £400. They then proceeded to charge me £120 in admin fees etc to cancel the policy and were incredibly rude and condescending on the phone. Absolutely criminal. I'm so glad I never needed to make a claim. What a bunch of cowboys!!!"
"I would avoid using this company, I just called to cancel my insurance policy, I was aware of the £50 cancellation fee, however they insisted on charging me £75, as the additional £25 was due to me using comparison site. It doesn't state this on their website, i did argue, however when you are charged an additional 7p on top of your standard line charge, it was becoming more expensive.... I won't be using them again and i suggest you do the same."
"second time with this company,quote competitive and no problems so far"
"Sold my motorcycle and charged £60 for an £89 yearly policy bunch of rip off merchants give them a wide berth ...... I for one will not use this company again"
"On the face of it, this company looked good in that the cost of insuring my bike was competitive and easy to buy. Where it fell down was when I came to change to a different bike and transfer the insurance, when a cool £50 "service charge" was implemented - about half the cost of the annual insurance! When I suggested that I felt this was excessive, the attitude was one of, "Well, that's what we charge - too bad!" (though not in so many words). I'll think twice when the time to renew comes around."
(Motorbike Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"GOOD LUCK IF YOU CHOOSE THIS COMPANY!! I found it this company in GOCompare and payed for the insurance for my motorbike. First arrived the contract with them,after 7 days arrived another contract from Europagroup (Bristol) and they created me a lot trouble. When i decided to search another insurance company i asked at AVIVA and they told me that my motorbike was already cover with AVIVA! MotorcycleDirect and the Europagroup are just the mediators,infact any details that you want change in your insurance or you sell your vehicle (close the Policy),you pay! If you don't pay they have your card details and they take your money without asking."
"All very good and good price except when I sold the bike the cost of cancelling the policy was more than the return value so I left the policy in force and and will not renew when it expires."
(Motorbike Insurance) - Posted 3 months ago
"I have been paying for a bmw sport that ant even mine I ride a bike just coz of 2 letters mixed up scuming c**ts just charged me £30 and said it was 75 to cancel it never go to them ant happy im only a 19 year that's still learning and trying to save and they do this 😢"
"£168 premium, on cover for 3 months and paid in full, having to cancel as now passed my full licence and not willing to insure me, cancellation charge of £75 (£25 insurer, £50 broker). giving me back £42 for 3 months premium!!! Not happy and think the cancellation charges are extortionate, was only referred to the terms of business that was never advised of or sent via email as stated on their pages. Will see what FOS has to say over this... Would've been easier for them to waive £50, its now going to cost them £500 at least. 0/10 Avoid at all costs!!"
"Really disappointing in that my bike has an alarm, an immobiliser, a tracker, disc locks, chains and an anchor and is locked in a brick garage in a gated area but none of this gets any discounts?!?!?!?!?"
"Call them to change my bike when was informed my request was declined and I HAVE TO CANCEL MY POLICY. They are charge me for cancellation and some extra fees about £90 Call them three times and every time somehow connection had been severed. Never ever again"
"Should be no stars... between MCD and Premuim Direct they couldn't organise.... themselves. No incentives for completing bike courses, fitting a tracking system to my bike or an alarm system to my garage. Then making payments the response was oh I don't know how that didn't work... I tried their website, their app, their automated payment system and I called in?? Dire."
Glenn Andrew
Verified Reviewer
"I had my bike stolen and made a claim, it was from this point that hidden charges became apparent. To call them you need to ring a number that costs 7p per minute. The final straw was they took a payment from my credit card as a final balance payment. This was taken under there TERMS and CONDITIONS and without my authority. I was under the impression that card details could not be retained by companies for long period of time??? I will never recommend or use them again. Why do they not offer a transparent service instead of hiding details. Therefore the online portal is not a true reflection of your insurance premium, they appear to be competitive until you come to claim."
MR R OTTYWILL
Verified Reviewer
"I BOUGHT A POLICY FOR MY HONDA CB250 THROUGH THE BIKE INSURER . POSTED OFF PROOF OF NO CLAIMS FROM MY PREVIOUS INSURER. THEY SAID IT WAS NO GOOD AND CANCELLED POLICY. SO IT COST ME 25 QUID FOR 2 WEEKS INSURANCE. RUBBISH COMPANY DO NOT USE!!!!!!! . MR R OTTYYWILL"
NOEL MCPARTLAND
Unverified Reviewer
"They are a Joke, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. THEY CANCELLED MY POILCY AND THEN WANTED TO CHARGE ME MORE MONEY TO RENEW THE POLICY. DO NOT USE"
"Very good"
(Motorbike Insurance) - Posted 6 months ago
"very helpful as they was understandable and let me know straight away what was going on"
(Motorbike Insurance) - Posted 6 months ago
"I was informed by customer services that they had attempted to call me to discus an over payment they had made for a credit ( balance of cover payment -£50 of course) and that these phone call attempts represent correspondence. I then get an email saying I had a policy cancelled 'on me' which may have serious financial consequences while seeking future cover. Over all, had they simply emailed me a couple sentences based on the facts requesting the return of the overpayment all would have been simple and stress free."
Motorcycle Direct is rated 2.31 based on 99 reviews