Motorcycle Direct Reviews

26% of reviewers recommend Motorcycle Direct
3PM
3PM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Motorcycle Direct?

Tell us how Motorcycle Direct made you happy

"Cancelled my policy due to selling my bike and was informed that the pleasure to do so was going to cost me £100.24. Absolute rip off, never going to use this company again and i would urge anyone and everyone to avoid Motorcycle Direct like the plague!"
Are you Motorcycle Direct? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Took my policy out in December last year. Unfortunately I was involved in a serious motorcycle accident in march and MD and their partner with LV ripped my off. Had to pay £200 excess for just making the claim which I wasn't told. Took 4 months to get all excess eventhough I wasn't at fault which they new from day 1. Plus they said I could get refund but didn't because I used most of my policy. I only had policy for 3 months and they just cancelled it 3 months after accident. Exactly 6 months to the day when they canceled my policy. Made a complaint but handler was useless and try say I haven't got the case. MD are bunch of thieves. Had to fight even get my prove of no claims from them."
"I have been with MD for years, but when they tried to charge me £120 to change my bike on the policy I went with Bennetts. Then to add insult, they are charging me £130 to cancel the policy! They say it was pointed out on the T&Cs, but seriously, Motorcycle Direct - you are everything that is wrong with this country! Disgusting!"
"Unfortunately the site would not let me select no stars, I was forced to choose 1 star and even that is generous. Stay well clear from this company. My father had his £1500 bike stolen and he made a claim, they only ended up giving him £350 pay-out. So if you value your bike then please insure with someone else. To make matters worse they wanted to charge £86 to cancel the policy for a bike he didn't have any longer. So he ended up with £264 back for something he has saved his hard earned money for. My father is nearly 70 years old and retired so you can imagine how he feels. Stay well clear before considering this company to insure your bike."
"Never again will I use this insurance company. Terrible service and charged me £140 to leave. Bad experience with break down cover as I was left by the side of the road for 5 hours waiting for a recovery van. I urge you to stay well away from insuring with this company."
"DO NOT USE THIS AWFUL COMPANY. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. THEY WILL RIP YOU OF IF YOU NEED TO MAKE ANY ADJUSTMENTS TO YOUR POLICY. AND THEN THEY CHARGED £ 140 TO CANCEL. PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT USE. I WILL BE REPORTING THIS COMPANY TO TRADING STANDERDS."
"There having a laugh. They charged me £25 to to cancel a policy renewal I did not want, Tell me i should have called on the day they took the money but they are not open on a sunday. Will never use again."
"£75 admin fee to change the cover to another motorbike! Turns out there are lots of hidden 'non-refundable' details in small print which need to be paid. These guys do not feel like a genuine and honest insurer. Dread to think what it would be like to make a claim. Probably best to keep looking if you can."
"There having a laugh. They charged me £30 to alter my policy just 3 weeks after renewal, I wish I got paid that for tapping a computer keyboard. Top price 0344 phone number as well. Don't bother with them."
"premium phone line extended times on hold charged a fortune for a second bike high admin fees need I go on ? go elsewhere"
"Started Policy paid in full, only to find they were cancelling it as I had not provided any information they requested, they sell you a policy as Motorcycle direct and reply with another companies details. They cancelled the policy and kept 90% of the premium to pay for their charges which they caused!. Manager rang after it was all closed and offered an apology and small amount of cash back, only with company 4 weeks and it cost me £100 of a £124 premium. I told them never again and vowed to tell everyone to stay away."
"Trust me don't go near these bunch of modern day dick Turpin's.i got caught by them.wont be getting my custom again next year be warned."
"Had to make a change due to being made redundant. Charged £50 for the pleasure plus a premium increase. Then if I get a new job they will charge me this again to change it again. Asked to cancel and the pathetic refund was £80 on a policy value of over £200 in March. Pathetic. Rest assured I will not be using them again."
"Policy cancelled due to bike sale, £30 to canvel on a policy that only cost £70 to start with, would have charge me more but apparently arent allowed to charge more than value left on policy! Avoid and use somebody else!"
"Worse insurance company ever. Wouldn’t accept my full moped entitlement and charged me £25 for a cancellation fee. Going back to bike sure least they understand how it works. Absolutely disgusted with the service. Feel like con men to me"
"Conmen. Beware"
"I was sent an email two weeks after taking out a MC policy saying it had been cancelled while I was at work I use the bike for commuting, how did they think I was supposed to get home? After waiting for 20 minutes I got through, another 10 minutes and they said it was a mistake and confirmed I had sent a proof of no claims after all. I wanted to speak to a manager, but what a surprise, I got cut off before they were available......."
"Total rip off, their charges are unacceptable AVOID like the plague"
"I took out cover on the 16 Feb, find I have cancer, sold bike and cancelled insurance 06 March. Charged £75 cancellation fee!!! Had cover for 18 days. Premium £145.40 getting £40 back....... rip off."
"Honestly the worst insurance company I've used. They give you a price then double the price 2 months down the line"
(Motorbike Insurance) - Posted 10 months ago