MCE Insurance Reviews

63% of reviewers recommend MCE Insurance

How would you rate MCE Insurance?

1275 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about MCE Insurance in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Adam at MCE was very helpful! He went out of his way to ensure i got the best deal. He contacted the appropriate teams (After care team) internally to save me time. Good work! Thank you."
"Ive been with mce now for over 13 years. You guys are great. Always reasonable pricing."
"I had spent 3 hours trying various insurance companies and brokers, Kelly of MCE was a refreshing change who actually answered my questions and provided me with all the information I needed to make an informed decision. I will certaining be using MCE again in the future. Thanks for your help Kelly."
"After two attempts to call to renew i was then told to go online its fsster total joke will not use again"
"Kerry was very helpful and friendly person and professional"
"Was very friendly and gave me a call after I asked them to on the live chat and it all went smoothly no complaints or anything."
"I spoke to a woman called Kerry this week and I don't think I've come across someone more helpfully. Customer service skills second to none. Lots of good advice about the best ways to insure a brand new bike and the pros/cons of new/second hand(without having to sit on hold at all) If this is the level of service that mce provides I can see many happy years of my custom !!!!!"
"Thanks very much to Kerry for helping me out wos very polite an helpful"
Charles Small
Unverified Reviewer
"Dealt with Charlotte Fordham on the 5/4/18 at 7:50 and she was a star.. Great communication skills and was able to resolve an issue that someone else was unable to do .. thanks a million"
Derek Lawton
Verified Reviewer
"Good with infomation made everything clear and help in the best way"
"Tested my online quote with a telephone quote. My online quote was for 16 days before my renewal and MCE estimated £379.59. The telephone quote was for 4 days before my renewal and MCE estimated £414.00. They charge more for just in time renewals. Watch out peeps they're all the same, can't give you an honest quote whatsoever!!!"
Shane
"Quick easy simple"
"I cant believe every review is five star, not even John Lewis are that good. Why at renewal do they have to waste your time going though all the information about you they already have. every other insurance company/ Broker i have dealt with just ask if there have been any changes since last year. dealing with MCE is thirty minutes of my life i will never get back. dont expect review will appear as is not five star"
"Ask for proof of no claims bonus & they refused to send them to me. Complained to customer services but still refused they said they would only give them to me when my insurance was up for renewal"
"I’ve had MCE for the last 3 years and I’ve never had any problems with them there always polite on the phone and make things clear I would recommend mce to fellow true bikers not moped riders"
"Modern day highway robbery . Lies and delaying tactics rude staff very bad insurance Co . Worse I've had in 40 years of motorcycle insurance. Do not use as will cost you dear if you have to claim .seems good when you get a cheap quote . Pay more get treated better there robbing ----"
Alan Charnock
Verified Reviewer
"Be aware that this company will not refund any money if you cancel your policy. The customer service is awful and ive been lied to multiple times with contradicting stories, avoid at all costs!"
"Cheap Insurance. Really Poor service. I was bedazzled by MCE's prices when looking to cover my Suzuki SV650s but then when I had to make a claim as my bike was stolen, it was a up hill struggle. Every trick and delay they could think of was used for a simple claim. I had to keep a notebook of every single person I spoke to, times of calls, what was said, dates, etc. As they constantly claimed ignorance or promised call backs which never came. In the end I spoke to a friend who is a Solicitor who gave me some advice on the wording and what is acceptable and not, and they were very not acceptable! Will never use again. Don't bother, they will screw you over!"
"Will not send me my insurance certificate causing massive issues with collection of my bike the customer service were rude and did not want to help unfortunately I have paid them now so the wait continues for my proof of insurance only been three days so far"
"Mce insurance for scooter charging me each month £150 as a fast food delivery even I am for 4 years thier customer and I had no accident. Mce insurance for scooter is rip off and I'm not happy with mce insurance at all."
MCE Insurance is rated 3.60 based on 1,275 reviews