MCE Insurance Reviews

63% of reviewers recommend MCE Insurance

How would you rate MCE Insurance ?

"Hi guy I had last year van insurance with you guys. And I need the my no claim bonus paper. Brittany has joined the chat. Brittany (03:28:45) : Hello welcome to MCE Insurance customer services, can I just take the first line of your address, your postcode and date of birth please Lucian (03:29:03) : Hey Lucian (03:30:08) : W25qu Lucian (03:30:16) : St Stephen's garden Lucian (03:30:32) : Nr 11 Lucian (03:31:07) : Still there? Brittany (03:31:58) : One second Brittany (03:32:44) : You have no years no claims bonus Lucian (03:32:55) : Why? Brittany (03:33:16) : You have a pending claim Lucian (03:34:08) : Not true Lucian (03:34:22) : I said last year I do not want to claim Lucian (03:34:39) : Can I please have a costumer number please? Brittany (03:34:49) : Okay, you would need to call 01933 3531361 Brittany (03:35:00) : Sorry, it is 01933 351361 Lucian (03:40:38) : Ok what Else is written there on the form. Like is pending for with? Brittany (03:40:53) : It is pending Lucian (03:41:08) : Guys are you serious Lucian (03:41:18) : I didn't don3 no claim Lucian (03:42:43) : pending ˈpɛndɪŋ/Submit adjective 1. awaiting decision or settlement. "nine cases were still pending" synonyms: unresolved, undecided, unsettled, unconcluded, uncertain, awaiting decision, awaiting action, undetermined, (still) open, hanging fire, (up) in the air, in limbo, in the balance, on ice, in reserve, in abeyance, ongoing, awaiting attention, outstanding, to be done Lucian (03:43:14) : Pending for what? Lucian (03:44:26) : Hello Brittany (03:45:15) : You have an on going claim? I cannot issue any no claims bonus Lucian (03:45:31) : I do not have any on going claim Lucian (03:45:42) : I did not claim nothing Lucian (03:46:06) : U wild like to speack with some one Lucian (03:46:36) : Who can sort out this miss understanding Brittany (03:46:41) : You need to call 01933 351361 Lucian (03:47:29) : I will save this chat conversation Lucian (03:47:43) : You wasn't very helpfull Brittany (03:48:32) : Lovely, I do apologise. Have a lovely day. Lucian (03:49:44) : I will complain and give you a negariv feedback based on my experience with you guys. Very easy to take people money away very very slow to sort out problems Lucian (03:49:58) : Thank you for your not help Brittany (03:50:28) : Have a great day now"
"I had an accident on 23rd May where truck did hit me when it was changing lane. My motorbike pegs and plastics in front were broken, fe. Indicators and lamp cover. After call to MCE requesting to recover my bike to my home 500yards from accident place. I was informed that It’s immpossible due to procedures in company. MCE customer service informed me that my comprehensive policy will cover recovery, storage and repair. Happy days! After a day in hospital I called MCE to ensure that my bike is safe and I don’t have to worry about cost of recovery, etc. I’ve been ensured everything is covered in my policy and I don’t have to pay for anything. When I left hospital 2 weeks later I recieved phone call from rude customer service of MCE telling me to „look after your property and take motorbike from storage, as currently I have to pay over £400.” Shock! I recieved contact details to storage, that I called straight away. The storage manager wasn’t able to release motorbike as it should be MCE who collect it and only MCE can request my bike being released. After days on the phone to MCE asking to release my motorbike. I been lied to that someone is dealing with it. They have no option to connect me to any manager who can deal with it and customer service not willing to help. Finally I got information that within 72h manager will listen to the calls and give an answer. 96h passed and no callback or e-mail so I called again MCE hours waiting but finally I got connected with customer service that says they don’t know anything. So im writing email to explaine situation after few days replay to my e-mail from investigation team of MCE, who didn’t even look info the case but accuse me of making up stories. So Rude! Writing again about Everything that happened and forwarding previous emails with customer service that „investigation” team didn’t bother to look into. Answer? MCE asked me if I can prove it? I can! I did record every single call and more than happy to play it in court. After this answer, MCE will take now 4+ weeks to find what happened, charging me £20/day for motorbike storage. Storage fee= £1200, motorbike repair cost= £300(if will get motorbike back) What a RIP OFF!! What a JOKE! Won’t recommend it to anyone. Just give me my motorbike back!"
"Had reasonable faith in contacting MCE as I've been with them before... just had my phone bill and and my attempt to get cover with them again has cost me £18.34!! Most of the time I was being robbed of this money was probably spent being told that my call was important and they were doing all they could to attend to me! Outrageous! You've lost a life long biker with 2 bikes to cover. Enjoy the £18 you short-sighted, grasping fools."
"Fantastic price and service, will recommend anyone!!!!"
"Helped me sort my son's insurance out with the best price"
"Charlotte Fordham provided a good service. I was charged twice for the policy, held on for a long time to speak to someone, got cut off, but Charlotte called back to apologise and alleviate my concerns. She processed my application and set processes in place to ensure I was reimbursed my overpayment. I was much happier in the end."
Christian Green
Unverified Reviewer
"Terrible company! Around 45 minutes waiting for my call to be answered for the 6th time because they want to cancel my policy due to them being unable to take payment from a card which is working fine, which I know from speaking to the bank numerous times and the transaction attempts haven't even reached the bank for them to be blocked. I asked for another way to make payment but they only take card payments, even though when on hold you are told to ask a member of their "expert" customer service team about setting up a direct debit, to which I was informed they only take card payments and direct debits are only offered to commercial policies as they are in the thousands of pounds. No it was then expected that I should use somebody elses card and then transfer them the money each month, just to have the privilege of a policy with MCE. End result my policy will be cancelled but they did inform me that i will need to disclose this fact to any future insurance companies which was nice of them."
"3 hours at roadside!"
"1st motorcycle claim ive had in 12 years, pushed towards an accident solicitor and the whole thing went to court 1.5 years later which I then lost. I had to claim on my insurance in the meantime, process was a joke I had to chase chase chase, Bike was valued low ( gsxr600 ) and £600 excess meant I hardly got much to repair bike, leathers and helmet insurance a complete farce as they have a £250 excess and the agent pretty much laughed at me. Then on renewal called up (after a 25 minute wait on hold) only to be rushed through a telephone quote at a million miles an hour. Rude aggressive staff, during the policy I changed banks, they didn't change the DD and sent rude letters charging me £20 each time, managed to get it sorted out and then the next month it happened again. Moved away from this company and I wont ever return. AVOID! I can honestly say this has to be the worst insurance experience i have ever had."
"I am a third party and one of your clients went into the back of my car and admitted liability. Neither I nor my insurance company nor their legal advisers are getting any answer from you. Disgusting. Do you ever pay out to third parties who have been hit by one of your clients?"
"Good Customer service"
"Four months after my bike was stolen and I still don't have a payout. Do not use: they take your money and don't provide anything in return."
"sailesh the customer advisor was brilliant, answered all questions and made sure i understood everything, fab would recommend."
"they charged me more than the quote never got a refund had some 17 year old dork on the end of the phone telling me one thing then emailing documents saying something completely different don't trust them don't go near them and for gods sake don't give them your bank details"
"Good staff"
Glynn Mellor
Verified Reviewer
"I recently had my motorbike stolen form my gated front drive, although I had secured my bike with an Oxford chain on the back wheel and a combination lock and chain on the front wheel they are repudiating my claim as the steering lock fitted to the bike was not set correctly. I feel this is a grossly unfair company to deal with and would advise anybody thinking of insuring their bike through them to think twice. They will happily take your premiums but when it comes to you making a claim they will try every technicality they can find to not pay you out."
"MCE are amazing! What an excellent quote I got! Super happy with them. I got a great deal. One person totally made my day and that was David Halliday. What an asset to your company he is. After a few calls from several other insurance providers; which can get quite stressful in its own right, it was so refreshing to speak to someone who took time to go through my application with care and patience. I didn’t feel rushed at all which is usually the case with insurance companies. He provided me with a quote with/without car extras, I never had my bank card to hand, I had to do a transfer whilst on the phone and he was just really patient with me. Thank you David, I was having a stressful time looking for quotes and you made it so much easier for me."
"Why can't you get your customer reception sorted and answer the b...y phones, both sales and claims totally out of sync with today's customer service I've a quotation to purchase and can't pay because you don't care about your customers"
"Adam at MCE was very helpful! He went out of his way to ensure i got the best deal. He contacted the appropriate teams (After care team) internally to save me time. Good work! Thank you."
"Ive been with mce now for over 13 years. You guys are great. Always reasonable pricing."
MCE Insurance is rated 3.58 based on 1,293 reviews