MCE Insurance Reviews

62% of reviewers recommend MCE Insurance
Telephone

How would you rate MCE Insurance ?

"This is only based on my experience when making a Claim. Other than this my experience with them for anything else has been good. Even when my Bike broke down, they were really helpful in getting me picked up and taken home. In terms of claiming after an incident. The experience I have had hasn't been the best. At this moment in time I have recieved an offer from MCE/Plantec on behalf of the other party involved in the crash. Although I am contesting the amount being offered as I believe its too low based on the current market. Im being told to accept the cheque and the other company will "top up" the amount if they decide to offer more. This doesnt sit well with me. The other issue I have had is with speaking to people at MCE Claims. Yesterday I was on hold for 1 hr 5 minutes, I wanted to see how long it was gonna take, as the average is about 20 minutes."
"Avoid like the plague. In case of any issues you will have a nightmare dealing with them. The system is set up to delay you as much as possible, and they have hidden charges and numerous ways to not pay out! It might be cheap but if anything goes wrong you will regret the day you took out a policy with them!"
"Dealings on chat with Courtney Brown was excellent, query sorted quickly and efficiently, very impressed."
"Just called to pay 600 for my 1st year insurance on a scooter to be hung up on when I was trying to ask a question after payment had gone through, as thought they have my money and are now not interested! She regularly cut me off on the phone too and just didn't want to be speaking to me. not rally acceptable in a customer service role. Only reason they are getting 3 stars is because Abbie on the online support was polite and answered my questions. hopefully if I have to use them on a claim they will be a lot better or else I will be going else where!"
"Will never use this company again! Had an accident my fault , paid me hardly anything for my bike and took forever and still haven’t paid third party who are now taking me to court"
"I am really disappointed with MCE Insurance company, because i have my motorbike stolen and they wanted me to pay £2050 to activate it but I don’t have it, so I don’t have my motorbike anymore and also paid one year of insurance for nothing, for me this insurance company is rubish!"
"Hidden charges. Customer service is bad, when call to solve problems. Took an hour to be transfered to auto voicemail."
"14 days “Cool Off Period”, still charged me £62, even not even picked up the bike yet. Read the small print or ask customer advisor properly explain all terms and conditions. Don’t get caught like me."
"the advisor I spoke to was marc very nice and friendly person and also very efficient ive been with MCE insurance for a year I would recommend them to everyone"
"I thought mark and Nathan provided excellent customer service and the quote was fantastic. I’m now insured with these and soo happy"
"Worst customer service I’ve ever experienced they have threatened to cancel because they can’t take payment from a card that works perfectly fine slapped on a £40 late payment fee because they are unable to take payment!! Now I’m trying to ring them 6 days later been on hold every day for upwards of 20 minutes per time money robbing scum!"
"Very good customer service and experience from Sailesh patel helped me out with everything I needed today very quick with his help didn't keep me long on the phone got through the quote quickly and efficient happy customer would recommend!"
"Was very helpfull wiv me today 5stars"
"I took out a policy online for my second year with MCE and mistakenly renewed my policy a day later than when my old policy ran out leaving me uninsured for a day. Sailesh noticed the mistake and rang me to make the correction. He also protected my no claims bonus free of charge. For this, I am very happy with the service and I will look to continue using MCE in the years to come."
"Hi guy I had last year van insurance with you guys. And I need the my no claim bonus paper. Brittany has joined the chat. Brittany (03:28:45) : Hello welcome to MCE Insurance customer services, can I just take the first line of your address, your postcode and date of birth please Lucian (03:29:03) : Hey Lucian (03:30:08) : W25qu Lucian (03:30:16) : St Stephen's garden Lucian (03:30:32) : Nr 11 Lucian (03:31:07) : Still there? Brittany (03:31:58) : One second Brittany (03:32:44) : You have no years no claims bonus Lucian (03:32:55) : Why? Brittany (03:33:16) : You have a pending claim Lucian (03:34:08) : Not true Lucian (03:34:22) : I said last year I do not want to claim Lucian (03:34:39) : Can I please have a costumer number please? Brittany (03:34:49) : Okay, you would need to call 01933 3531361 Brittany (03:35:00) : Sorry, it is 01933 351361 Lucian (03:40:38) : Ok what Else is written there on the form. Like is pending for with? Brittany (03:40:53) : It is pending Lucian (03:41:08) : Guys are you serious Lucian (03:41:18) : I didn't don3 no claim Lucian (03:42:43) : pending ˈpɛndɪŋ/Submit adjective 1. awaiting decision or settlement. "nine cases were still pending" synonyms: unresolved, undecided, unsettled, unconcluded, uncertain, awaiting decision, awaiting action, undetermined, (still) open, hanging fire, (up) in the air, in limbo, in the balance, on ice, in reserve, in abeyance, ongoing, awaiting attention, outstanding, to be done Lucian (03:43:14) : Pending for what? Lucian (03:44:26) : Hello Brittany (03:45:15) : You have an on going claim? I cannot issue any no claims bonus Lucian (03:45:31) : I do not have any on going claim Lucian (03:45:42) : I did not claim nothing Lucian (03:46:06) : U wild like to speack with some one Lucian (03:46:36) : Who can sort out this miss understanding Brittany (03:46:41) : You need to call 01933 351361 Lucian (03:47:29) : I will save this chat conversation Lucian (03:47:43) : You wasn't very helpfull Brittany (03:48:32) : Lovely, I do apologise. Have a lovely day. Lucian (03:49:44) : I will complain and give you a negariv feedback based on my experience with you guys. Very easy to take people money away very very slow to sort out problems Lucian (03:49:58) : Thank you for your not help Brittany (03:50:28) : Have a great day now"
"I had an accident on 23rd May where truck did hit me when it was changing lane. My motorbike pegs and plastics in front were broken, fe. Indicators and lamp cover. After call to MCE requesting to recover my bike to my home 500yards from accident place. I was informed that It’s immpossible due to procedures in company. MCE customer service informed me that my comprehensive policy will cover recovery, storage and repair. Happy days! After a day in hospital I called MCE to ensure that my bike is safe and I don’t have to worry about cost of recovery, etc. I’ve been ensured everything is covered in my policy and I don’t have to pay for anything. When I left hospital 2 weeks later I recieved phone call from rude customer service of MCE telling me to „look after your property and take motorbike from storage, as currently I have to pay over £400.” Shock! I recieved contact details to storage, that I called straight away. The storage manager wasn’t able to release motorbike as it should be MCE who collect it and only MCE can request my bike being released. After days on the phone to MCE asking to release my motorbike. I been lied to that someone is dealing with it. They have no option to connect me to any manager who can deal with it and customer service not willing to help. Finally I got information that within 72h manager will listen to the calls and give an answer. 96h passed and no callback or e-mail so I called again MCE hours waiting but finally I got connected with customer service that says they don’t know anything. So im writing email to explaine situation after few days replay to my e-mail from investigation team of MCE, who didn’t even look info the case but accuse me of making up stories. So Rude! Writing again about Everything that happened and forwarding previous emails with customer service that „investigation” team didn’t bother to look into. Answer? MCE asked me if I can prove it? I can! I did record every single call and more than happy to play it in court. After this answer, MCE will take now 4+ weeks to find what happened, charging me £20/day for motorbike storage. Storage fee= £1200, motorbike repair cost= £300(if will get motorbike back) What a RIP OFF!! What a JOKE! Won’t recommend it to anyone. Just give me my motorbike back!"
"Had reasonable faith in contacting MCE as I've been with them before... just had my phone bill and and my attempt to get cover with them again has cost me £18.34!! Most of the time I was being robbed of this money was probably spent being told that my call was important and they were doing all they could to attend to me! Outrageous! You've lost a life long biker with 2 bikes to cover. Enjoy the £18 you short-sighted, grasping fools."
"Fantastic price and service, will recommend anyone!!!!"
"Helped me sort my son's insurance out with the best price"
"Charlotte Fordham provided a good service. I was charged twice for the policy, held on for a long time to speak to someone, got cut off, but Charlotte called back to apologise and alleviate my concerns. She processed my application and set processes in place to ensure I was reimbursed my overpayment. I was much happier in the end."
MCE Insurance is rated 3.57 based on 1,307 reviews