MCE Insurance Reviews

63% of reviewers recommend MCE Insurance

How would you rate MCE Insurance?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

1264 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Shane
Quick easy simple

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about MCE Insurance in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
Shane
"Quick easy simple"
"I cant believe every review is five star, not even John Lewis are that good. Why at renewal do they have to waste your time going though all the information about you they already have. every other insurance company/ Broker i have dealt with just ask if there have been any changes since last year. dealing with MCE is thirty minutes of my life i will never get back. dont expect review will appear as is not five star"
"Ask for proof of no claims bonus & they refused to send them to me. Complained to customer services but still refused they said they would only give them to me when my insurance was up for renewal"
"I’ve had MCE for the last 3 years and I’ve never had any problems with them there always polite on the phone and make things clear I would recommend mce to fellow true bikers not moped riders"
"Modern day highway robbery . Lies and delaying tactics rude staff very bad insurance Co . Worse I've had in 40 years of motorcycle insurance. Do not use as will cost you dear if you have to claim .seems good when you get a cheap quote . Pay more get treated better there robbing ----"
Alan Charnock
Verified Reviewer
"Be aware that this company will not refund any money if you cancel your policy. The customer service is awful and ive been lied to multiple times with contradicting stories, avoid at all costs!"
"Cheap Insurance. Really Poor service. I was bedazzled by MCE's prices when looking to cover my Suzuki SV650s but then when I had to make a claim as my bike was stolen, it was a up hill struggle. Every trick and delay they could think of was used for a simple claim. I had to keep a notebook of every single person I spoke to, times of calls, what was said, dates, etc. As they constantly claimed ignorance or promised call backs which never came. In the end I spoke to a friend who is a Solicitor who gave me some advice on the wording and what is acceptable and not, and they were very not acceptable! Will never use again. Don't bother, they will screw you over!"
"Will not send me my insurance certificate causing massive issues with collection of my bike the customer service were rude and did not want to help unfortunately I have paid them now so the wait continues for my proof of insurance only been three days so far"
"Mce insurance for scooter charging me each month £150 as a fast food delivery even I am for 4 years thier customer and I had no accident. Mce insurance for scooter is rip off and I'm not happy with mce insurance at all."
"No rating for MCE Insurance!! Bought a bike in May 2017 and paid £643.00 up front. Sold the bike this weekend (October) and apparently only get back £106.00 due to the T&Cs. Avoide at all cost!!!!"
"My dad passed away in a fatal accident that was not his fault. When reporting this they were very inconsiderate and unsympathetic. They were asking questions such as what speed was he going, are all of his MOTs up to date, has he got a full license etc. All questions that would have been asked when he took out the insurance or answers they would get from the police report. It then took months to get anywhere with them. I hope no one has to go through what we did. But I assure you it makes it much harder having to deal with a company like this. Don't do it to yourself or your family. Avoid at all costs!"
"Deliberate attempts to delay payment. Outrageous deductions, resulting in making a formal complaint. So far MCE have ensured they've used every single day of the allowed 8 weeks before I can refer to the Financial Ombudsman. . which is the next step. Still no payment of claim."
"if they could charge you for breathing, they would.. ridiculous cia.."
"Very poor, typical money grabbing brokers only interested in taking your money. I will not recommend MCE to anyone and suggest going direct to underwriters. Worst insurance company ever."
"i insured my spanish plated bike so i could get a mot to reregister on uk plates,mce sent me a email saying they didnt insure foreign regestered bikes, ive just phoned them to see if i can get a refund and was talking to a right prick. im going to tell everybody i know not to deal with ths company!!"
Robert Morris
Unverified Reviewer
"First year with mce quick and easy very helpful hope I can win v.i.p at British super bikes this year will be renewing with them next year very reasonable price and breakdown too!"
Michael Dowman
"Great good price"
Peter Exeter
Verified Reviewer
"""My son had the misfortune to be involved in a no fault accident back in April 17, he suffered crush injuries to his right leg as a result. The claim for personal injury is ongoing, however the claim in respect of his bike is still outstanding.....nearly 5 months later, as yet the bike hasn't even been inspected! The service to the customer displayed by MCE is truly appalling, I could kick myself for not reading the abundance of horror stories prior to my taking out cover with them. Never, never again, low cost as far as MCE is concerned equates to sub standard customer service, simple as that.....you get what you pay for!!"
The Keen Moron
Unverified Reviewer
"Price and cover options"
"Every thing poor service liars Ingnorant lazy cheats disrespectful thiefs the list continues"
MCE Insurance is rated 3.59 based on 1,264 reviews