LV= Reviews

61% of reviewers recommend LV=
Over a week
Featured Review
This review is set as featured by the company.
"Had a minor car accident which was not my fault. Phoned LV first question was is every one ok? which was good cars can be repaired people take longer. Had a phone call after to go through the claim very easy to deal with was informed within a few hours that my car would be repaired FOC was up-graded on the loan vehicle and was kept informed of all progress. Car now back looking as good as new. Many thanks"
"Someone ran into the back of my parked car on 20th April causing considerable damage. Contacted LV who arranged for the car to be picked up for assessment. Called later to give them the police Scotland crime number so they could access information from police in order to proceed with claim. I was asked to get drivers details from police so LV could make a claim from other driver’s insurance company. Data protection does not allow this and LV know data protection does not allow this but obviously trying to avoid paying the small charge levied for accessing this information. I have made several calls to find out if my car is to be repaired or written off and every time I am told that someone will get back to me the following day to let me know what is happening but they never call. I have been without my car for 10 days now and would really like some resolution."
Hi, we're sorry to read of your experience. If you could email us your details to LVCares@LV.com then we'll look into this for you. Regards. Nick
"Appauling customer service. I was struggling with one payment after being made very I'll and hospitalised. The only option they gave me for missing this payment was to cancel my policy and no longer be insured. I would however be liable for the rest of the policy but could pay it in smaller amounts. The woman was abusive and bullying on the phone. As a vulnerable adult I feel appalled. in 2 years I needed help delaying one payment and they were only interested in destroying my credit score and threatening me if I don't pay. Appauling company"
Hi, we're very sorry to read of your experience. If you could email us your details to lvcares@lv.com we'd like to look into this for you. Regards. Nick
"Processed payment online, asked to confirm billing address - no screen to check personal details like address - only billing address. Called to advise the address is wrong, less than 5 minutes after payment to be faced with an admin fee to change. No thanks!! Now with another insurer that cost marginally more but actually gives a lot more cover and extras included in the price. Check what you’re buying, they may look good but you can find cheaper elsewhere. Woman on the phone couldn’t have cared less about losing my custom, no sense of value to paying customers so won’t consider again in future."
"Got given a quot payed the deposit, declined the payment 5 long phone calls later and I have apparently wait a few days for my money back when I need my car insurance within 2 days. Awful company. Don't waste your time and money not worth the stress."
"Paid for building insurance. Never mad a claim on any insurance in my life including when hit by another driver. Purchased a new home only to find some structural damaged hidden behind an old burglar alarm box. It would appear the damage is caused by a failed window lintel below. LV would not even send someone out to assess. "It's a wear and tear Issue, you are not covered" Since when has a stone lintel ever been subject to maintenance, preposterous! The building insurance not worth the paper it is written on, if I cannot claim when part of the building fails through no fault of my own."
Hi Mr Dean, I’m sorry to hear that we were unable to assist with the claim you were looking to make on your policy. If there are any questions you have regarding this or anything that our claims team didn’t address, please email your details to us at LVCares@LV.com and we’ll look into this for you. ^Charlie
"When LV sent my renewal It had increased from £147 to £242 an increase of 65% even though I had not made a claim with any insurance company home/ contents policy for over 50 years. I entered the identical details for LV on a comparison site and the quote was £67 cheaper. MY ADVICE IS TO GIVE LV A WIDE BERTH BUYER BEWARE"
Hi Mal, sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the experience you had with us. We do offer a further discount online which can often help to provide you with a more competitive quote. Thank you for your feedback. ^Charlie
"Very quick and easy to use. Saved myself money just doing a quick comparison and LV came up triumphs 👍"
"LV rates highly in most surveys. What the reviews don't tell us is that once LV has you as a customer and your policy is on 'autorenewal' they will put your premium up steeply at the end of the first year, banking on your reluctance to go through the bother of changing again. Last year, after reading a review, I took out motor, home, and travel insurance with LV . At the end of the first year, (last month), each premium went up by over 16%. When I complained to LV, the sales rep said, 'well, let me see if I can improve on that,' but it was too late. Insurers have to show some loyalty to their customers. I found another insurer."
Hi Chris, there is no additional premium applied for a policy that is on automatic renewal. This would be rated the same way whether this was included or not, however I am sorry to hear that the quote offered was not competitive for you. Please get in touch if there is anything that we can help with in the future. ^Charlie
"After 2 weeks of requesting some money from my isa and still not receiving it,guess I will now cash it all in as it's taking the Mick it's taking so long"
"Brilliant service, very pleased!!!"
"Your website is easy to use and allows me to manage the various insurance products that I purchase from you."
"The company dealt professionally and very promptly with buildings and contents claims, taking full control of repairs, and payments etc. Excellent cover provided for acceptable premiums."
"Good policy and customer service."
"Beware this LV scam! Got a quote for insurance three weeks ago and was fine with it. Called LV to start the policy but they said the price would now be almost triple what I had in writing! They said the value of my vehicle had been noted down incorrectly by them (so they claim), in this case about what you'd pay for a big mac meal. I mean who has a £10 car?!! The quote they send you doesn't show your valuation of your vehicle either so this scam has got legs assuming LV's sales staff are on commission this is a ca$$h cow for them. My new fake quote is almost three times what it was. Just sharing incase you come across, or have come across these dodgy dealings? All smells a bit fishy, so on that basis it's a scam avoiding, fishy smelling 1 star rating from me."
Hi Andrew, thanks for your review. It is correct that we do not record the value of your vehicle on our policy systems any more, which is why this is not shown on your documents. However, I would like to have a look into what has happened here. Can you please email me your details to LVCares@LV.com and I will do so. Many thanks, Jake
"After being in a car accident with one of their customers I have had non stop spam phonecalls regarding the accident and how I'm due compensation. They were the only company involved to have my phone number as I was only a named driver. The claims companies have said they received my data through a sharing company which buys its data from insurances T"
I can absolutely confirm that LV= would never pass on or sell your data to any claims management companies. All of our claims are dealt with by our own in-house claims team. It does however sound as though you may have been a victim of ‘Vishing’, and we’ve put together a page of information that may help you here https://www.lv.com/about-us/company-information/fighting-financial-crime/vishing. This page includes details of how to contact the Telephone Preference Service and the Information Commissioner’s Office who may be able to offer further advice. Many thanks, Jake
"Pretty shocking experience with LV, have been a customer for over 8 years with no claims. Made a claim for my laptop, the next day got a letter saying they were increasing my annual payment by over £200 bringing my up to almost £600 just for contents insurance on a 2 bed flat?! Bare in mind I haven't even gone through the claims process yet, literally only just logged it! I called and questioned the huge rise given that I can get insurance from almost anywhere else for about £100 a year, they have no interest in acting competitively and was just told 'this is how it is' so needless to say once my claim has gone through I will be off to another insurer. Absolute robbery."
I am very sorry to hear we’ve not been able to offer a competitive quote for your home insurance this year. If there is anything you’d like me to look into, I’d be happy to do so if you can email your details to me at LVCares@LV.com Many thanks, Jake.
"I tried to set up insurance and they quote they gave me changed within minuets and the reason they gave me was becuase I wanted insurance today if I wanted to wait a week then it would go down, even though in my quote i put for my insurance to start today."
Hi Bethany.

Thanks for your review, I am sorry to hear about the troubles you had with your quote. If you’d like us to take a look at your quote to confirm any details, please email me your details to LVCares@LV.com and we can do so. Many thanks, Nick
"Cheap car insurance in their on website rather than quoted in comparison websites."
"I have 3 policies in total with this company. 2 for my own cars and 1 for my wifes car (which is registered in my name, remember that bit) My son is going travelling and is leaving his car with me as he is not sure how long he is going to be away I wanted to insure the car in my name to keep everything legal and enabling me to regularly run the car so it is not sat still for the time he is away. I did think this would be a simple request but the service I received was border line incompetent and I will not be renewing with this company. The adviser on the phone asked me several questions repeatedly and just didn't seem to understand what I wanted, the impression she gave was that she did not want the business which I found crazy in the current economic climate and just wanted to get me off the phone! She put me on hold for several minutes and came back to me to advise I could not insure the car as I was not the registered keeper? I queried this as my wife's car is registered to me but she has an insurance policy with LV in her name. I was told I couldn't do it and I would have to transfer the car in to my name for insurance on the vehicle! So when my son returns I would have to transfer it back into his name which would register and extra 2 keepers on the vehicle! Absolutely shocking service and would not recommend to anyone, this was not what I was expecting having 3 policies with this company. I strongly advise you use another insurer."
Hi Chris.

Thanks for your review, I’m sorry that you were unhappy with our response to your question here. If you’d like me to take a second look at this to see if it would be possible for us to offer cover, please email me your details to LVCares@LV.com Many thank, Nick
"Not as cheap as shown on confused.com. hidden extras put prices higher rather than saving"
Hi Saghir,
Thank you for your review. The comparison sites give a basic price for initial comparison purposes. When you click through to our website, you can then pick and choose which extras (if any) you’d like to include. We do this so our customers can tailor their policies and don’t pay for cover they don’t need. If you’d like to discuss this in more detail, please don’t hesitate to email us at lvcares@lv.com.
Regards,