LV= Reviews

74% of reviewers recommend LV=

How would you rate LV=?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

159 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about LV= in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"I was insured with LV for four years no problem until a woman drove into my car , and I wanted my car repaired . The car is worth about £2000 the repair is £350 but they said they would write the car off !!!! I had full no claims comprehensive insurance , total waste of space . Like many other peoples experiences they don"y like paying out !!! Avoid at all costs !!!!!!!!!!!!"
"due to being given incorrect information by phone when speaking to lv operators i have now bean telling lies to other insurance companys trying to get a new quote disgusted and ashamed i have been put in this position"
"very quick to get your money very poor advice given over the phone a lot of staff training might help arrogant staff"
"Waste of money, useless company. Was paying for 3 years to be insured in case something happens, had an accident at work hurt my lower back. Now they say they wont pay as I had some pain in my neck in the past which is not related to my lower back problem however they say it affects policy and can't claim anything on my back. So being out of work left without finacial help. LV was happy to take mothly payments but when it came to pay back when you need it they will find a paragraph not to do that. Big dissapointment. Avoid this company"
"Truly awful, incompetant service. They're great until something happens and then you see what they're really like. I had a driver go into the back of me at a junction. Also had an independent witness. Gave all the details to lv immediately, but they never bothered to contact the witness until 2 MONTHS after the incident, by which time the witness obviously did not want to know. The other insurers attempted to claim I rolled back, which is laughable, but LV just gave in and settled 50/50. They have covered my excess and labelled it as no fault, but it really gives ZERO confidence in their ability to deal with any sort of a claim in future. I complained, but although I had specifically asked that they contact me by email, they attempted to ring me twice, leaving garbled messages that none of us could entirely decipher. They eventually replied by letter (not email for some reason), but didn't really answer my questions and it doesn't seem to have been registered as a complaint as they make no reference to this. They also made no attempt to explain things, or to encourage me to have any confidence in their service. The letter invited me to go back to them if I 'had any questions' but left no direct contact (email or phone) details. Avoid!"
"Very bad experience came with 9 years experience stayed 2 years played extra for no claim protection now decide to leave and they not giving me my no claim bounce being funny oh we only give 9 years if they don't why they made me pay extra for no claim protection not honest bunch of lair would not recommend"
"Cheap repairs at motofix Exeter now needs £4300 rectification work after went into this outfit 3 times but only got offered £1205"
"Bad repairs at mottofix went in 3 times and still requires £4300 worth of rectification work and Lv will only pay £1205 plus out of the 11 garage s I ve been to not one will take job on due to mess mottofix has made: avoid Lv and motofix"
"Cheap insurance rates at mottofix exeter"
"Stay well clear,good company until you need to claim,talk to you like dirt and communication is non existent ,they don't keep you updated on anything ,won't insure with then again,not recommended"
"Shameful company. Can stolen on the 2/3/2017 still not been paid out. Customer service skills would not go Miss. After countless phone calls and emails now have to get a solicitor involved as the settlement figure is not what was quoted when this was nicked. My company has suffered a huge loss and we will be looking to recover cost. Avoid at all cost worst company I have ever been with"
"Van went in to moto fix exeter 3 times and new needs £4300 worth of rectification work which I hav a quote for and was offered £1205 by Lv so I hav a van that can't be repaired .chris from customer care is like a puppet on a string told wot to do by someone above him .his number is 08000321710 A truly fraudulent company that need to be avoided at all costs"
"Claim since May, third party at fault with proof from dashcam and clear road signs yet nothing. No communication, no updates, phone bill increasing from me chasing them all the time. Constantly being told the policy is to wait 21 days every time they submit something to third party insurer. I have had to pay my excess apparently to have my car repaired so they can now chase for financial loss. I honestly have never had such bad service, they speak to you as if your annoying them when you call each month for your update. Like other reviews they prefer to keep everything on phone conversations rather than written. I have had enough I wouldn't recommend them to anyone and I most definatley cannot wait to leave!"
"I have had my car insurance with LV for a number of years and was very happy until last night. Rang to tell them of change of address. I am now living in a secure new build apartment. LV cancelled my policy because their system doesn't recognise my new post code!!! This is ridiculous. I have had no difficulty finding home insurance.I also get post delivered each day. Will never use this company again"
Hello, I'm sorry to hear of this. I would like to look into the details for you, if you would like me to contact you directly for this please email LVCares@LV.com. Kind regards, Rob.
"Unfortunate to have had lv in my corner when a third party hit my car from behind. Poor level of service from the moment I called them and no updates during the process. It was terribly stressful compared to a claim I had with another company a few years ago. I'd consider paying a bit more for cover from a reputable company."
Hi Pete, I'm sorry to hear of this. If you are still having troubles or would like me to look into the details please do email us on LVCares@LV.com. Kind regards, Rob.
Margaret. Thirsk
Unverified Reviewer
"Reported an accident and within 30 minutes everything was sorted. Third parties car was repaired with 36 hours. Collecting mine within a week. Thats what I call an excellent service. Even spoke to an extremely polite and helpful advisor. Very impressed, as are all my friends."
"Great until you need to make a claim, GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING They have been consistently competitive on price, so I have used them for many years, but then I came to make a no-fault claim. Another driver drove into my car whilst it was parked. Initially the service was fast and efficient to establish it was uneconomical to repair my car and I was not at fault. Despite several requests I have at no point received any written/ email correspondence form my claim handler. He clearly preferred to do everything over the phone. This may not have been a problem until the payment they processed for me was only two thirds of the agreed sum. All knowledge of the previously promised sum was denied. I have asked for recordings of all telephone conversations. They say that calls form the engineers (who give you the initial offer of compensation ) are not recorded. However I had mentioned the amount on calls I had made to the admin team (which are recorded) and these calls have not yet been made available to me. This will be going to the financial ombudsman"
Jacky Hayward-Wittwer
"The process was easy to follow. My subsequent phone call to change the number plate dealt with efficiently and speedy."
Martin Heffey