LV= Reviews

167 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about LV= in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Failing to process the insurance details, overcharging to change insurance, but most of all: NOT ANSWERING THE PHONE. I need to cancel my insurance as I've sold my car but cannot because they simply play highly irritating jaunty music and don't pick up. I'm completely stuck."
Perparim
"Very helpful. Excellent service"
"Purchased insurance with a perceived reputable company. the moment of truth only ever comes with the claims process. Simply appalling, I still have a boarded up window 7 days later, locks that aren’t for for purpose. No proactive contact , very poor service levels and when you do get to speak to someone they have very little service skills and take no ownership or accountability. On the converse my motor insurance company are outstanding...I was broken into house trashed and car stolen. Home claim dreadful, car insurance outstanding"
"I think even a 1 star is too much for the service I have received with lv. Me and my partner had our car stolen in Sep 2017 and it still hasn’t been sorted it would be nice to keep up dated on the claim not every time we have to phone them and ask for an update everytime you speak to someone all very rude staff funny how the sales team are very polite and very helpful. But the claims team soo rude and just money grabbing and treat us like criminals I would 100% stay away from this company people it has caused us soo much stress I have another policy on my car with them cannot wait for that to end and I will be finished with them as they are absolutely appalling. They “tried their luck” as one of the staff said to us to try and get the police report for free over the phone because the did not want to pay for the police report so I need to wait so they can try and be cheap and break the law without getting our signatures for data protection disgusting"
Jean Cottrell
Verified Reviewer
"I renewed my car insurance on 15th January 2018 (start date: 30th Jan 2018). Renewal Payment was taken on 15th Jan 2018. LV sent me a renewal confirmation, but after numerous calls and emails, I am still waiting for the Certificate of Insurance and the Insurance Schedule. In fact in reply to my email, they just resent the renewal confirmation again. I was told there was a 'computer issue', but it is now almost 2 months since I renewed the policy."
"Hello, I just have to say a huge thank you to LV. My car passenger doors were badly damaged by someone - don't know who - during snow/ice. I was/am going through the most dreadful personal time ever and I am elderly. On the phone I couldn't speak properly because I was sobbing with anxiety of another thing added to what I was/am suffering. They helped me through the call and I said I'd call back. I did about 5/6/7 weeks later to say yes I would hv repairs done with excess £300. Again I was in a state of high anxiety. I got a call back from Rob - team leader - who explained it was borderline to agree to repair my car as the repair would cost £2000 and that is what my car is worth. I couldn't stop sobbing again - also Just had hip replacement so no chance go find another car. He kindly saw that was just one of my severe problems and agreed to go ahead. Car Bodies of Banbury were kind, courteous n informed me along the way. Thank you to Rob thank you Car Bodies, and the kind teleoperators/ Catherine and Ben.I had my car back y/day."
"Oh my goodness. Ive just read the very bad reviews and I am glad my car insurance policy with LV did not go through just now. I was about to pay for the Policy on a monthly basis, however my address with the bank did not match theirs.....because my bank details had the county included in my address but LV's details of my address did not. The only option was to pay for the year. Bye-bye LV!!!!"
Hywel Thomas
Verified Reviewer
"I am 62 years old and have been licensed to drive cars and motorbikes since I was 18. Apart from the occasional speeding fine and one accident (a car drove into the back of me), I have never been in trouble with the police or had any problems with insurance in 44 years of driving. This came to an end in January 2018. On the way home on the M3 one night I was stopped by a police car and, sitting in the back, the officer told me I was driving without insurance. I was stunned. I buy my insurance normally every year and I remembered purchasing a policy from LV. I checked my emails and, sure enough, there was an email from LV confirming the policy starting at the correct date. The policeman was very kind and said there had obviously been an administrative error somewhere and, because he couldn't check the details with LV at that time, issued me with a HO/RT 1 form requesting me to present my documents at the local police station. He also let me drive my car home. The following day I called Liverpool and Victoria. After the usual delays, I was put through to a lady who told me my policy had been cancelled for non-payment. Why? I asked, I told her that the first payment had gone through correctly when the policy started and she said, yes, but the second one didn't. I asked her why I hadn't been told about the problem and it turned out the address on the policy was slightly wrong. (36 instead of 33) She said this meant the bank didn't recognise the address as being connected to my card and that their warning letters went to the wrong address. I was stunned; the policy was bought online through Compare the Market and the policy documents were all sent by email. When I asked why they didn't use email to warn me of the problem, she said it was not how they did things. (Their marketing department didn't have the same problem - I had a mass of marketing material sent to me by email.) I have now received confirmation that I am being fined £300 and will receive six points on my licence. LV have refused to issue an indemnity document, saying that I have should have checked the address in the letter that accompanied the policy document. The resultant effect of this shambles will cost me thousands of pounds in additional premium and it seems there's nothing I can do about it. Nightmare from start to finish."
"I was insured with LV for four years no problem until a woman drove into my car , and I wanted my car repaired . The car is worth about £2000 the repair is £350 but they said they would write the car off !!!! I had full no claims comprehensive insurance , total waste of space . Like many other peoples experiences they don"y like paying out !!! Avoid at all costs !!!!!!!!!!!!"
"due to being given incorrect information by phone when speaking to lv operators i have now bean telling lies to other insurance companys trying to get a new quote disgusted and ashamed i have been put in this position"
"very quick to get your money very poor advice given over the phone a lot of staff training might help arrogant staff"
"Waste of money, useless company. Was paying for 3 years to be insured in case something happens, had an accident at work hurt my lower back. Now they say they wont pay as I had some pain in my neck in the past which is not related to my lower back problem however they say it affects policy and can't claim anything on my back. So being out of work left without finacial help. LV was happy to take mothly payments but when it came to pay back when you need it they will find a paragraph not to do that. Big dissapointment. Avoid this company"
"Truly awful, incompetant service. They're great until something happens and then you see what they're really like. I had a driver go into the back of me at a junction. Also had an independent witness. Gave all the details to lv immediately, but they never bothered to contact the witness until 2 MONTHS after the incident, by which time the witness obviously did not want to know. The other insurers attempted to claim I rolled back, which is laughable, but LV just gave in and settled 50/50. They have covered my excess and labelled it as no fault, but it really gives ZERO confidence in their ability to deal with any sort of a claim in future. I complained, but although I had specifically asked that they contact me by email, they attempted to ring me twice, leaving garbled messages that none of us could entirely decipher. They eventually replied by letter (not email for some reason), but didn't really answer my questions and it doesn't seem to have been registered as a complaint as they make no reference to this. They also made no attempt to explain things, or to encourage me to have any confidence in their service. The letter invited me to go back to them if I 'had any questions' but left no direct contact (email or phone) details. Avoid!"
"Very bad experience came with 9 years experience stayed 2 years played extra for no claim protection now decide to leave and they not giving me my no claim bounce being funny oh we only give 9 years if they don't why they made me pay extra for no claim protection not honest bunch of lair would not recommend"
"Cheap repairs at motofix Exeter now needs £4300 rectification work after went into this outfit 3 times but only got offered £1205"
"Bad repairs at mottofix went in 3 times and still requires £4300 worth of rectification work and Lv will only pay £1205 plus out of the 11 garage s I ve been to not one will take job on due to mess mottofix has made: avoid Lv and motofix"
"Cheap insurance rates at mottofix exeter"
"Stay well clear,good company until you need to claim,talk to you like dirt and communication is non existent ,they don't keep you updated on anything ,won't insure with then again,not recommended"
"Shameful company. Can stolen on the 2/3/2017 still not been paid out. Customer service skills would not go Miss. After countless phone calls and emails now have to get a solicitor involved as the settlement figure is not what was quoted when this was nicked. My company has suffered a huge loss and we will be looking to recover cost. Avoid at all cost worst company I have ever been with"
"Van went in to moto fix exeter 3 times and new needs £4300 worth of rectification work which I hav a quote for and was offered £1205 by Lv so I hav a van that can't be repaired .chris from customer care is like a puppet on a string told wot to do by someone above him .his number is 08000321710 A truly fraudulent company that need to be avoided at all costs"
LV= is rated 3.75 based on 167 reviews