Lloyds Bank Reviews

51% of reviewers recommend Lloyds Bank

How would you rate Lloyds Bank?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

287 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
john peskett

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Lloyds Bank in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"How the face of insurance has changed. There was a time when you could go to an insurer when you changed your car and it took five minutes to make an adjustment and they were happy to do this. Having changed my car recently for a smaller one with lower fuel consumption and less car tax I rang up my insurers, LLOYDS and asked them to change the car over for me only to be told that they couldn't do that. I would have to cancel my present insurance and start afresh. Get this though my new car was, despite being smaller in every way going to cost me more than the original one. Having gone to AVIVA for a quote they are prepared to cover the same car for nearly half the price. I have now had to cancel my LLOYDS policy at a cost of £48 and still I am saving money by going to AVIVA. We are frequently told about insurance cheats who make life very difficult for insurance companies but this works both ways. Will I ever go back to LLOYDS? Of course not! Do they care? I doubt that very much."
"I had a case where money was getting taken out my bank. All I had to do was give them one call and they gave me a full refund of everything."
"Terrible experience! My wife's car was hit by an articulated lorry whilst stationary, the driver hadn't seen the car (as his cab was so high) and his company filed a report to their insurers within a few days admitting liability. We were passed to a company called 'Enterprise' by Lloyds and they told us it could take up to 4 weeks for them to even make contact with the other parties insurer! Despite us calling Lloyds / Enterprise on numerous ocassions the car has still not been repaired 2 months after the accident. We complained and received a letter of apology from Lloyds Car Insurance and £50 in compensation, they then doubled my wife's insurance premium as her insurance was due to renew and she had an 'unsettled claim' (which they know is a 'non fault' claim!). The reason there was an 'unsettled claim' at the renewal date was due to the delays we suffered at the hands of Lloyds / Enterprise (for which they sent a letter of apology) however they refused to lower the renewal premium! My car insurance has also renewed recently and I am now also paying more as my wife is a named driver on my policy! Needless to say I'm NOT HAPPY AT ALL and wouldn't recommend Lloyds Car Insurance to anyone!..."
Luke Posnett
Verified Reviewer
"Do not use this insurance policy.... Pay cheap get cheap. Ive had a calim ongoing for 4 weeks now. Some one drove into the back of me while I was stationary . Lloyds refuse to help and have passed me onto 4 other people. I have had to re report my incident to an underwriter 4 weeks on. Do not use if you have a expensive vehicle you want to protect."
"Dreadful service, no reply to our letter of complaint. Made to feel like fraudsters when we made a small claim on our contents insurance. They are happy to take the monthly premium but adopt the attitude that it only covers "piece of mind" rather than anything else. Policy duly cancelled."
"Good price (for this year - introductory offer). Will be interesting to see what the renewal price is like, especially as I had to make a claim. Claims experience was really good as far as it goes. The stuff that could be sorted over the phone was done immediately i.e. some cash that needed to be reimbursed was done so straight away. But the claims handlers and contractors involved in doing remedial work in our house did seem to drag the process out for quite a while. We ended up without having a usable shower in our en suite for about 3 months! What started as just a shattered shower door ended up with the whole room being retiled."
(Home Insurance) - Posted 3 weeks ago
"Chose it on price, seemed to have all I required."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 weeks ago
"worst bank ever-arbitrary closure of accounts ...missing funds...unauthorized transactions thanx to criminal insiders in the bank etc...."
Poor Student
Verified Reviewer
"I was shoulder surfed by a fraudster who obtained my card and pin. Lloyds bank suspected fraudulent activity yet still let the thief make 9 transactions from my account, The last two transactions in LLOYDS BANK, no checks made just handed over the balance in my account. Bank think they have done nothing wrong and blame me for "gross negligence". One would think with CCTV being available at all 9 locations, thief would be caught. Bank deem it a "criminal act" and a police matter, Police are too busy to look into it and review CCTV."
"Gave lloyds bank a cheque for £30,000 and they lost it. Bankers"
"Easy to fill in and good for comparison"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"Very helpful for my car insurance never hear from them"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"Nothing went wrong - it was just Lloyds sheer GREED. They raise the price by £140 to a total of £458.88, but are prepared to drop it to £358.46 when I tell them that is the price offered to me by AGE CONCERN."
"Terrible customer service. Wouldn't allow me to add a car for a day when mine was in the garage. Automated answer when you call. Won't let you stop auto renew online."
VictimofLloyds
Verified Reviewer
"Lloyds Banking is, without a question, the worst bank I have ever had the displeasure of interacting with. I have put £500,000+ into the bank this year and, yet, despite being abroad due to illness, have been treated like absolute sh*t. From their enormous ‘foreign transaction fees’, to their ‘customer service’ and their ridiculous (and to my mind) criminal currency exchange fees, I have NEVER encountered such wanton incompetence and such a thieving, self serving attitude. STAY AWAY- or change to a decent bank like METRO (who I have no affiliation with) but are fair and upfront (as much as a bank can be)."
"Really pleased with this service"
"Smooth process"
"Satisfied"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"I called at Lloyd’s Bank in Raleigh Street in Plymouth to hand in some paperwork re setting up a business account with a colleague. The friendly and super-helpful staff were really busy but they never lost their professional and cheerful approach. I don’t have a personal account with Lloyd’s but I am considering it now."
Sharon Lambley
Verified Reviewer
"Try to claim on my policy but couldn't. Same old story. Extreme weather can only cause damage - not constant rain followed by flash downpours. Don't buy policy with this company."
Lloyds Bank is rated 3.01 based on 287 reviews