Lloyds Bank Reviews

48% of reviewers recommend Lloyds Bank

Tell us how Lloyds Bank made you happy

"I have had various problems with Lloyds and the customer advisers are rude and argumentative. I felt humiliated . I will be closing my account as this is the worst bank ever. Absolutely rubbish for customer service. Do not bank with them!"
"Iam not from Stevenage. I live in South Cambridgeshire (Whaddon) Born in Cambridge and always lived in the County."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 4 days ago
"Lloyds are a straightforward, efficient and a competitive company to deal with.No complaints!"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 week ago
"Lloyds Agriculture call centre offers a very poor service ,jobs worth attitude, not prepared to help in any way unless they can tick a box"
"It was easy and very quick and no problems at all"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 week ago
"Do not use for home and contents insurance absolutely terrible service"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 1 week ago
"Very easy process. Covered all my needs."
(Home Insurance) - Posted 3 weeks ago
"Their Commercial Banking system is hopeless. In fact it is actually getting worse! Now it's not putting in the value date automatically and it takes at least two goes to key it in! Often the program does not work fully or properly - I have no such problems with other banks. On top of all this, we now no longer seem to have a Relationships Manager! I keep being told to phone a call centre. I want a person with whom to inter-react. Our T/O is only £1.5 million pa, but surely we deserve better than this. All in all, over the years, I have found Lloyds flakey and dysfunctional. If you are thinking of opening a business account, never ever choose Lloyds."
"Staffs are rude, sarcastic and not helpfull."
"Sraffs are terrible. They do not like my accent hahahaha They block my bank payment becauce I did not understand question, what they asked me..... But what about accent which they speaking????? Who can understand? They can not spell my family name proper, I tald them - English is not my first lenguige - but are they bothered? They sad - if you do not like - go to another bank...... How rude it is....."
"The cheque imaging app/system is not fit for purpose, today I have been told by the business support call centre that because we have a different trading name to our limited company (both are on our bank account and have been since 2008) the system will not accept cheques issued in our trading name although their IDMs, deposit points and counter services will. The whole thing is a scam to play lip service to the instruction to speed up clearance of cheques. Bad service Lloyds, put it right or lose customers"
"I rang today to report unauthorised payments by a scam business that appeared on my account. First of all the agent got annoyed with me when I asked politely to repeat what she said. English is not my first language so during phonecalls sometimes I need extra second to process what was said or to hear it again as sometimes I find it more difficult to instantly make sense of the words and someone's unique accent during phone conversation than in real life. Also I have minor hearing issues which can be quite distressing. So when she repeated with this condescending tone I felt like an idiot. From there on her manner was exactly that - like she really didn't want to deal with me. She didn't listen what I was saying, told me to contact the company before bank can open despute, even though just a sentence before I informed her that I did call and emailed that company many times and they're basically ignoring me. Apart from one email I got as a reply that I should try to call them... So when bank agent said I should wait for them to respond I started wondering who they're protecting more? Me, a loyal customer with bank account, savings account and credit card, or a scam who tricks people into payments without notifying them? I tried to explain again and again that I waited long enough for them to refund my money and all the agent had to say was that they can't open a despute if the company didn't contact me to offer a resolution. I regret mentioning that this company gives only 14 days for their unwilling customers to request the refund and that I'm close to that deadline. Agent said that bank won't do anything until those 14 days passed!!! So I was robbed by some pathetic wannabe-company, then had to waste my time ringing and emailing THEM to "please give me my money back", just to be ignored and then told by my bank that I'm basically NOT PATIENT ENOUGH. I was in great need of that money as a student and a mother of 2 year old who actually meant to have a birthday party that week. Had to borrow money to be able to organise party for the little one. I've learnt from my mistakes and will be changing banks."
"Utterly diabolical, impossible to contact, no care for customers & works dragged out for months on end by inept contractors who aren't checked on by Lloyds claim reps TM. Six months for burst pipe fix (unbelievable"
"I would have liked to put no stars! I have been with lloyds bank over 30 years, had no missed payments or bad credit. My husband has had an accident and is unable to work for the next few months until he recovers from his operation , so we are down to just 1 wage, I rang lloyds bank to ask them if they could not charge any fees for a short period of time if we use my overdraft, I was put through to an advisor who went through our income based on the situation we are now in and our outgoings, informed me we will have more going out than comming in, I pointed out that I knew this which is why I rang for support, I was then put through to another dept and told as this was the case they have put a stop on my credit card and if we use the overdraft and don't clear it in 30 days they will close all our accounts! Shocking customer service, they need training on bieng a human. Obvious to say we are leaving them."
"Never ever have we delt with such a pathetic bank."
"We have three banks where I live and just to see how good these banks are I tried to get £200 in £2 coins from each one. Two I had no trouble at all with, but, after waiting 20 minutes, I was told this was not possible as I was not a customer there. I wasn't a customer at any of the bank, but Lloyds was the only one to refuse my request. Lloyds is not a people friendly bank and the service was terrible. Very abrupt woman at the till. I am very glad I'm not a Lloyds customer and the quicker they go out of business the better as far as I'm concerned."
"fed up with wasting all my time in call centres"
"Poor custoemr service"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"Very good"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"They are the worst bank that you can go. They make a lot of mistakes and they are not careful enough. if you need something and you contact them via email you need to wait a while for them to respond. i am very disappointing and i do not encourage anyone to open an account there."
Lloyds Bank is rated 2.93 based on 405 reviews