Legal & General Reviews

33% of reviewers recommend Legal & General

How would you rate Legal & General ?

"A total disgrace of a company, never replied to emails,phone calls , customer service is the worst I have experienced!"
"Next doors pipes burst and came into my house they admitted gilt and was insured with legal and general but I have to pay £500 aces, we have one room running through to lounge they ripped wall paper of one side and fire Brest witch was flock paper they will not put flock back on and they will only decarate one side / they renewed the dado rail with different style now it does not match I'm left with a nother bill , non of this is how falt and it's going to cost me around £1200 , bear in mind it was next doors pipe work that burst and came in Howe house , Ho skirting put on but in 5 picess not one or 2 looks verry bad ,so be awear when insuring what are you covers for .this just seams to be robbery on their behalf. Wood definitely not recommend had a lot of trouble with them and it's been 6 months now will think twice againe before insuraning againe , big firms like this just getaway with it 👎😡"
"I am writing so you can hopefully bring this issue to light as I know I am not the only service veteran this company has done this to . I left the royal air force after serving 15 years for which I was then entitled to my service pension at the age of 60 . When I left the service in 1990 I had various products with Legal and General and a member of there staff convinced my wife and I it would be beneficial to change my Service Pension to one of there opt out schemes he guaranteed my pension would be greater than my forces pension. I approached them to ask how to claim my pension as I am 60 next March only to be told I cannot have my pension till age 65 . My Royal Air Force pension would have been payable at 60 were I would have got approx £7000 per annum and a tax free sum 3 times my annual pension amount . My service pension is calculated by length of service / rank /trade . So not only do Legal and General say I wont get a pension till age 65 but will only get around £5500 per year and no lump sum , so my wife and I have been lied to and misled to cheat me out of my earned service pension . I have complained through there complaints process and told there is nothing they can do so I then called the Chief Exec but he refused to talk to me . I then asked for his contact details to be told NO . I then wrote to him at there head office only to get a responce from some one else . I then get a letter stating they have done nothing wrong and my pension stands as they told me ."
"Have so many regrets using this company to insure our pet. They argued over a period of six months before paying out for our three valid claims. During this time we had to act as 'go between' with L&G and our vets as they claimed to be unable to contact them. Many excuses were used to try and avoid legitimate payment and we had to take matters further with the support of our vet until payment was made. No department communicate with each other and it had proved a very unpleasant and stressful time for my partner and I after the already heartbreaking situation of losing our much loved young Boxer dog. Unfortunately had to award one star as it doesn't accept zero. Avoid this company"
"Your company is not good for people that smoke you so have a false information on Google. As it does not say that you wouldn't insure smoker's"
"Been informed if you travel to Turkey legal and general will not cover you despite paying policy for 5 years so check with them what other countries have they on their list"
"If I could give 0, I would , shocking long wait anytime I called ,staff communication with each other very poor ,worse with customer .I decided in the end not to proceed with making a small but very genuine claim as they make it nearly impossible to proceed .I have several different policies over last 15 years without ever making a claim with L and G ,will never re new again , disgusted !Daniel Chambers"
"If I could give 0, I would , shocking long wait anytime I called ,staff communication with each other very poor ,worse with customer .I decided in the end not to proceed with making a small but very genuine claim as they make it nearly impossible to proceed .I have several different policies over last 15 years without ever making a claim with L and G ,will never re new again , disgusted ! Daniel Chambers"
"On the death of my father legal and general refused payment of £4000 due for his burial fees leaving my mother upset and fearing how it will be paid legal and general showed no compassion what so ever . Saying dad lied to them about his illness which was copd but was only down as asthma . The truth is that is how it started but progressed to copd as the years went by PLEASE dont insure with legal and general look for a company that cares and is genuine to its customers death is a time for grieving not worrying that your so called insurance company are going to pay out ."
"Absolutely appalling customer services. Had buildings and contents cover with them (paid monthly), they took a lump sum out of my account of > £100, which they couldn't explain and returned, then they stopping taking my monthly direct debit. When I tried to resolve this and ensure I had cover in place, I made numerous calls over a 6 week period, spoke to three different people (Gavin ext 3187, Jason ext 1385 and Sultana ext. 3287) and each time I was promised a return call which did not happen. Gave up in the end and went somewhere else."
"It started when I set up my over 50 plan. You got the wrong starting date and I was charged twice. I went to track down my gift voucher and was passed from pillar to post without anyone giving me a definitive answer only to be told that because I had inadvertently gone through a broker to sign up with Legal & General that my gift voucher was null and void and I wouldn't be getting it. Even as I was looking for the "best company" to go with, no where did it state that I would not be getting the advertised gift voucher if I went through a broker. I also have home insurance and my wife has just taken life cover with Legal & General, which I will be looking to change. My complaint is not because of the money (£85 gift voucher) but more about the misleading way the voucher was advertised and about the fact that from the very first phone call about not receiving the voucher no-one seemed to know (or wanted to tell me) how this system works. Very disappointed with this."
"Had a poilcy for 6 month, tried making a claim they said ok grounds for claim! Then told i have not paid for the poilcy i told them i have paid up front they was adamant i never! Then they said i had to email a copy of my bank (really)statement????? I said no complained after many phone calls they admitted blame and apologised to me. The claim was for a damaged phone! I had to buy a phone due to i need it for work give up in the end! I was more concern over my house and if something happened. They gave me £50 compensation been with them a couple of years not any more such a big companie what a joke if i never persisted they would have got away with it!"
"took two payments for the same policy-still havnt refunded after five days"
"Warning !!!!! Avoid buying anything from legal and general at all costs. I have a critical illness policy with them which they won't pay out on. I have been critically injured. they are a dishonest company and wriggle out of making any payments, they're quite happy to take your money but when you need them they're not there. Don't bother buy insurance somewhere else, disgraceful company without ethics."
"Don't touch legal and general. we have a life policy with them that was unfortunately swapped over from Scottish Widows to legal and general by Santander. L&G lie they get things wrong they don't respond to your letters or calls, when you do try and make a claim with them they refuse the claim and wriggle out on any grounds they can this company is a joke they haven't even sent our policy through and we have requested it numerous times. Rubish"
"Put in a claim for damaged rhino flooring they use renew assessors and the cost if replacing with the same plus delivery fitting and lifting and taking away old vinyl is £440 told I'm only to get £250 less £100 excess. Your penalised for wanting a cash settlement to buy your replacement at your store of choice instead of from renew they say they can do the whole lot for that and we are pensioners and have to find £200 to make up the shortfall. I think this company is a disgrace"
"Excellent value for money House & Contents Insurance exceptionally competitive quote with market beating features."
"We had a terrible week with our van being broken into and all our tools a a few personal things stolen L&G were excellent found out what we could claim for and ere incredibly helpful kind profession staff"
"Very helpful and professional. Very satisfied with their service"
"I bought an endowment policy with them and dutifully paid my premiums for 25 years at the end of which they told me that their invements hadn’t performed as well as they had hoped and so they could only pay out 60% of what they had originally promised. I find it extraordinary that they can get away with such behaviour. We entered into a contract: I pay a fixed amoun set by them and at the end they pay out a fixed amount to me. Not: I pay a fixed amount set by you and at the end you pay me whatever you like! Quite extraordinary. I will never do business with dishonest, unprofessional L&G again."
Legal & General is rated 2.30 based on 257 reviews