Lancaster Insurance Reviews

28% of reviewers recommend Lancaster Insurance
04AM
4AM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Lancaster Insurance?

Tell us how Lancaster Insurance made you happy

"I found them fairly straightforward. Yes, I cancelled a policy 6 weeks in and got no refund, but as the total paid was £94 for a year (classic policy) I wasn't expecting much. Most of the £94 will have gone into handling cost and commission - I think they quoted minimum £70 cost from the insurer and their own cancellation fee which exceeded what was left over, the excess being "waived"."
Are you Lancaster Insurance? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"""Pained to have to give them 1 star... I took out insurance with them after using a comparison website, answered all questions honestly and went on to purchase cover... Upon receiving the insurance documents, I noticed that they had classed my 2012 Toyota Yaris as a "Classic car" - I phoned them to query this decision and they tell me that I had mislead them as the [private] registration implied a much older vehicle and my policy was to be cancelled [by them!] that very day! I was left with a car, parked on a main road, uninsured and now have to declare to future insurers that I've had a policy cancelled which has increased my premium by more than £600!!! - Lancaster also kindly charged me a £70 fee for my trouble also... Please be careful if you want to insure with them, they may be cheap at first but I imagine their policies are worthless if you ever have to claim"
"Ripped me off when cancelling a car insurance policy - multiple categories of charges for cancellation - ended up surprise surprise I was entitled to no refund even though I had months of validity left on the policy - going to take the matter up with the financial ombudsman - my recommendation is don't touch this company with a barge pole buy your insurance from a firm that has morals and common decency"
"Was always impressed but recently have found always on hold and wrong information sent out to me. Am now seriously considering going elsewhere."
"Insurance broker told lies"
"Had a insurance policy sold car after 6wks, charged more for cancelling than cost of year. Really the worst company I've ever used and I've insured with a lot , but never have I had charges and excuses for these ridiculous charges like these. AVOID THIS COMPANY. I will never use or recommend this company"
"Cancelled after a month as I had sold the car. Time on risk for the month including cancellation cost more than the annual premium. Customer service is shocking with wait times in excess of 20 minutes. AVOID!!!!"
"On renewal forgot to mention an accident my wife had earlier in the year in another car (hit a deer so technically driver at fault!!??) Got a semi illiterate snotty letter from Lancaster demanding to know the details and why I had not told them but also "fining" me £30 (they call it an admin fee) for the mistake. I challenged them on this but they initially refused to waive the £30 so I complained and cancelled the insurance. Complaint was upheld and I did not pay the £30 and have now moved to Hagerty International where you get treated with respect although it is more expensive. Lancaster are cheap (in every sense) but will hit you with "admin" fees that are excessive."
"Went to cancel my insurance (3 months left) ( paid in full) told me they wanted to charge me £70 to cancel my fully paid upfront insurance and I am not entitled to any refund for the remaining months. perfect company until you want to cancel or amend anything.. RIP Off Merchants"
"Sold the car after 7 months they want to Charge me 59.97 it would have been better to leave the policy in place just a rip off. Will not use again"
"Have insured my classic cars with this company for many years, they have provided the best price backed up by a great service."
"good vakur no hassle brokers"
"Do not use these, Had a classic car for four months, sold the car rang to cancel and they charged me the whole year as it was over 120 days. Find another insurer"
"I accepted reasonable quote only to find that it was very difficult to prove my NCD to Lancaster Insurance. They wanted to charge me another £105.65 on top of the Insurance Premium already paid for £133.50 as they would not accept my No Claims past history. Although I have a Multi Car Policy with Admiral it is still on cover but shows a 9 year No Claim. I then sent Policy with Direct Line showing 8 Years and also a copy of Policy with Aviva showing 7 years No Claim but still they refused to accept that I have 9 years Plus. Previously, I had a Motor Dealer's Policy for 20 Years without any claim whatsoever. I'm Retired, 66 Years old, clean driving licence, no accidents at all over the past 25 years. The alternative they gave me is Pay the extra £105.65 and accept the non existence of No Claims or Cancel the Policy and pay for the 10 days cover plus a cancellation charge with a Refund of £87.27 from the original quote/charge of £133.50. In other words this has cost me £46.23 for 10 days cover! They also wanted to charge me an extra £46.50 for an Admin Charge for changing the total yearly mileage from 2,000 miles a year to 3,000 miles a year. I feel that I have been robbed, and that I my integrity has been questioned over my entitlement of No Claims. I couldn't believe the Reviews when I looked at the amount of negative reviews on this page and I wish I had read them before I paid Lancaster Insurance for car insurance. I "DO" have a No Claims Bonus of 9 years and all the other Insurance Companies seem to be able to accept my honesty, however I decided to cancel this Insurance rather than continue with what seems to me to be sharp practice. This was a horrible experience, and the tone of the E-Mails from this Company were appalling."
"Three different customer services representatives repeatedly asked for the same information,this despite having sent it the day I paid . I had to phone ( and give up on hold after ten minutes twice ) .Finally managed to speak to someone who even then could not see that I had accurately send NCD documents requested . No praise whatsover . I would not renew if it was free."
"LANCASTER INSURANCE THE worst company on the world please avoid this insurance if you Don't want lose money Rubbish Never again"
"Don't get quote unless you want to be harrassed! I got a quote online.. The next day someone called and I agreed for them to call me back the next day (tomorrow) when I will own the new car. Since then I have had 4 people all from the call centre asking me to complete the policy.. The price was good but not worth the hassle and other reviews say the same. AVOID."
"An absolute disgrace of a company. After having a windscreen fitted that was faulty, I am now 14 weeks in to the process of trying to get it replaced. After continual phone calls with Lancaster and Auto Windscreens, I have received no help from either company and during which I was brilliantly called a liar by the Auto windscreens manager (Judy) over the phone. Lancaster insurance have promised to call me back on several occasions but have failed to do so every time. When I have resorted to calling them back (again) they state they are just brokers so it is nothing to do with them. In my 25 years of business and customer service I have never been so shocked by such poor (disgraceful) customer service. I would urge all never to ever use this company."
"These people do not answer phone calls. Can't reply to emails. Yes they are the cheapest,but you get what you pay for. Managed to get out before anything happened. I was only insured for three days then got charged £30. Better to pay more money than use Lancaster. BIG mistake. Be warned!"
"used an online comparison site to get a quote which was the cheapest. Then we get bombarded with questions which we have already answered and which they already know as we have insured with them several times before. Then we get a threatening letter saying if we don't send them copies of our License they will suspend our Insurance and notify the Police our vehicle is uninsured. I am 57 have had a clean license for more than 35 years and never had an Insurance claim"
Lancaster Insurance is rated 2.18 based on 129 reviews