Lancaster Insurance Reviews

Lancaster Insurance have a Customer Happiness Grade of B-. Customers love their prices but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

30% of reviewers recommend Lancaster Insurance
04AM
4AM

How would you rate Lancaster Insurance ?

"Renewal made easy and at a competitive price, via a polite and efficient phone call."
"Almost impossible to get through on the phone,Still waiting for Documents dont know if I am insured or not Did manage to get through on phone on one occasion to cancel and no one was available on the cancellation line"
"dozens of calls pestering me to renew 4 times told them I had done so all ready, still they went on, they do not answer the customer service phone or e-mails unless u ring the number for renewals then strangely they are not too busy."
"Poor customer service was sent a letter asking for some information Tried calling them six times to discuss. Was on hold for between 45 minutes and on my final attempt 1 hour 20 minutes Only to be told they had cancelled my policy 4 days prior As said this was my sixth attempt calling There is only so long you can wait for a phone to be answered each day They had completely ignored all my emails prior to this Shameless"
"Sold our car, and the charges for cancelling the policy are ludicrous, BEWARE"
"£150 pound cancellation fee on a policy that cost £200 what a absolute joke would not recommend to anyone wouldn't let the policy run because I sold the car and all I got off the lady on the phone is " we have this problem alot customers complaints about the charge " well to me that means there is a problem with how they are selling insurance do not use this company (my opinion)"
"Attempting to cancel a policy I've had with Lancaster, quoted £140 to cancel a policy I'm only paying £27 a month on.. (5months worth of insurance to cancel!) worked out it's almost more beneficial to keep the policy running to gain a years no claims and discount on a new policy than to cancel. I appreciate there will be a cancellation fee but they really take the biscuit with the money they charge and abuse their position as a insurance company. Lesson learnt the hard way, will not use again!"
"Longest wait I’ve ever been in over 45 minutes just to speak to someone who tells me that I have to pay the full amount if I wish to cancel the policy, no policy cancellation fee just the full amount, wish I never insured through Lancaster, also spent 40 minutes on the phone yesterday on hold and gave up in the end"
"The agent Tom Eldering was most helpful, he took the time to explore all options for me, he negotiated almost £100 discount, the policy found for me was half the price of other insurers I had spoken to plus gave better cover. Very impressed thank you Tom"
"Used a price comparison site and answered all questions honestly, Lancaster came back cheapest price and took out cover online Wednesday evening, paid 2 months instalments as deposit. Received phone call from Lancaster Monday afternoon to say they couldn't insure my car as my other vehicle is a company car even though I selected this in the quote process. Advisor very condescending and patronising, almost to the point of arrogant suggesting that I lied on the quote request!! 5 days into the policy and within 14 day cooling off period I was charged £47. Very disappointing service, discourteous & disingenuous and left a bad taste. Case passed to financial ombudsman. TERRIBLE AND AVOID!!!"
"They will not answer the phone and you keep getting the same rubbish answer (due to high customer demand we are unable unable to speak to you"
"After a few problems with my claims history it was refreshing to deal with Lancaster insurance the comuncation was great and I was treated with respect and hope to return to them in the future. ! Nice people"
"Waited 45 mins on hold before having to end the call. Emailed mileage form 4 times to them, each time getting an acknowledgement auto reply and yet nothing done with the form by the office workers. Understaffed and unprofessional in this age. Stay clear!"
"Absolutely amazing company, they beat all my quotes for my classic car. Really helpful with the sales side of the company. Takes a while to get through to them on the phone. Dani at customer services is brilliant, she helped me with all my questions and was really nice person to just generally chat with. Highly recommend."
"Extremely unhappy with this company. I requested to cancel my insurance due to no longer having the vehicle. I was insured for a total of 21 days. My premium was £330 and I paid an upfront fee of £69 leaving £261 left to pay subject to interest for the monthly instalments. I received a bill for £159 to leave. This also included legal protection of which I never added on at the beginning. It looks as though they have added as much as possible. I have used many classic insurance companies over the years and never had this problem Lancaster Insurance are a bunch of rogues. If I remember I had a problem many years ago with this company and this has just reminded me. The reviews they have on their website is not actually a real review panel as I cant find access to leave on on there. Also check out their score on trustpilot."
"The initial quote was very good and I was happy with the price but after only having the insurance for just under 2 months I sold the car and cancelled my insurance it cost me a whole year's premium for two months therefore I wouldn't recommend this company."
"Looks like ALL of the poor reviews are from people wanting to cancel a policy. They need to understand that insurance is an annual contract so don't be surprised if you get charged a fee to cancel. My experience with Lancaster has been great. They came up with a really good price and the service was excellent."
"They were very easy to use and the price was great."
"My experience with this company is not good.. the quote I had from money supermarket was good yet they came back to me for all my documents and quickly ramped the price up even though one small bump that was listed on my account with money supermarket at a cost of ver minimum & covered by my excess twice over, I asked to cancel because other quotes would have been better & I’d only had this 2days & they wanted a ridiculous charge for admin.. they said I should have read the small print! Funny enough I didn’t get the small print until after I paid & wasn’t expecting the price to differ so drastically .. I past my test 34yrs ago & have never had a fault accident & drove for a living for over 12yrs clocking up 40,000 miles a year.. of experienced drivers like me have these issues then I hate to think how others manage"
"Absolute rip off - I feel mugged!!! I was forced to pay the full years insurance up front as I wanted to cancel the policy. I ended up paying a full years price when I only used it for 4 months cover. I would not recommend Lancaster Insurance for this reason, there are many competitors which only charge a cancellation fee."
Lancaster Insurance is rated 2.27 based on 119 reviews