Lancaster Insurance Reviews

29% of reviewers recommend Lancaster Insurance
01AM
1AM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Lancaster Insurance?

Tell us how Lancaster Insurance made you happy

"Insured my land rover for 295 in Dec 18 and cancelled the policy January 18 probably drove a total of 100 miles. According to Lancaster my total cancellation fee was 295 all in oddly enough the same as my total policy. These guys are legitimate thieves do not under any circumstances insure with them. Pass any relevant information you have onto the ombudsmen or relevant institute, assuming you get any they have a tendency to hold onto documents."
Are you Lancaster Insurance? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Just from curiosity after having been seduced by Lancaster's low lead in insurance quote three years ago I googled to see if they were still trading. It seems so, and people continue to suffer at the hands of this cavalier company from all the complaints I am reading. I threatened them with a very big legal stick once alerted by DVLA my insurance cover was not adequate. I was like a dog with a bone and pestered all the head office numbers I could find before a supervisor saw sense and refunded my payment in full. It is time this cowboy outfit were closed down. Write to your MP. As for putting any money the way of this boiler room operation NEVER CONSIDER DEALING WITH THIS COMPANY."
"I sold my car with 6 months of tax and insurance still to run. Prompt refund of 6 months' tax from DVLA. However, Lancaster said I was owed no refund. Complained and they refunded £26 as 'goodwill' gesture. The actual insurer AGEAS refused to refund their part of the premium. For some reason, 70% of premium goes on first 6 months. So, as conciliatory gesture, I asked for refund of the 30% balance and still they refused. So have referred matter to Ombudsman."
"What a con they automatically renew your policy. Use a fraud signture and hand wrting keep the date from the last year . Take my money ignore my emails They have no rights in renewing your insurance it is not there choice ."
"Avoid I regret insuring with them. Very poor customer service. I requested my insurance to be cancelled mid last year and I could not due to to charges. I asked for it not to be renewed in sept 2018 because I did not call within their thirty day window I again got a fine for cancelling. They automatically renewed the policy. No amount of conversations with them on the phone persuades them other wise because I did not follow their policy. Within ten days of cancelling despite me setting up a payment plan they sent a letter stating that they were passing my details to a credit reference agency even though they had on file I was paying monthly. The letter was not accurate it said that they had made previous attempts to contact me. I asked twice to speak to a manager they are never available. During the insurance it was no good as well my car is a classic it had a fire and they would not pay out. I was insured with them many years longer than I actually wanted due to the black mail situation of cancelling. My father has four classic cars one insured with Lancaster I have it logged now to call within the 30 day window to cancel he will not be continuing with them and his three other classic cars these will be insured else where. Lancaster are to big and no personal service. Conversations I had with them were contradictory as well they did say they would remove the fine if I proved I sold my car I proved this the garage who brought the vehicle contacted them and this was still not accepted. I advise anyone to avoid this company in future I will be insuring with a smaller company who respect their customers."
"Company did not tell me that my policy had been cancelled!!! I was unaware that there was a problem with the NCD notice, and they cancelled my policy. They send lots of emails, that simply say "here are documents that apply to your policy", at the bottom, tucked away in the attachments (that don't always open properly on a smartphone) here you will find a document that says they have cancelled your insurance!!! I don't know why the don't actually tell you in the subject line of the email "Your policy has been cancelled"?? Its certainly not due to any legal reason, as the DVLA will send you emails saying your car is not taxed... And they want to apply a £100 cost to stop the £250 policy 2 months in. So it will have cost me £200 for 2 months insurance! Then, when I want them to sort it out and re-insure me, they have the cheek to ask for an "arrangement fee" for the new policy. This is very sharp practice from a very poor company. I would avoid them - they go out of their way to deliberately entrap you... I'll be going to the ombudsman and lodging a formal complaint."
"Renewal made easy and at a competitive price, via a polite and efficient phone call."
"Almost impossible to get through on the phone,Still waiting for Documents dont know if I am insured or not Did manage to get through on phone on one occasion to cancel and no one was available on the cancellation line"
"dozens of calls pestering me to renew 4 times told them I had done so all ready, still they went on, they do not answer the customer service phone or e-mails unless u ring the number for renewals then strangely they are not too busy."
"Poor customer service was sent a letter asking for some information Tried calling them six times to discuss. Was on hold for between 45 minutes and on my final attempt 1 hour 20 minutes Only to be told they had cancelled my policy 4 days prior As said this was my sixth attempt calling There is only so long you can wait for a phone to be answered each day They had completely ignored all my emails prior to this Shameless"
"Sold our car, and the charges for cancelling the policy are ludicrous, BEWARE"
"£150 pound cancellation fee on a policy that cost £200 what a absolute joke would not recommend to anyone wouldn't let the policy run because I sold the car and all I got off the lady on the phone is " we have this problem alot customers complaints about the charge " well to me that means there is a problem with how they are selling insurance do not use this company (my opinion)"
"Attempting to cancel a policy I've had with Lancaster, quoted £140 to cancel a policy I'm only paying £27 a month on.. (5months worth of insurance to cancel!) worked out it's almost more beneficial to keep the policy running to gain a years no claims and discount on a new policy than to cancel. I appreciate there will be a cancellation fee but they really take the biscuit with the money they charge and abuse their position as a insurance company. Lesson learnt the hard way, will not use again!"
"Longest wait I’ve ever been in over 45 minutes just to speak to someone who tells me that I have to pay the full amount if I wish to cancel the policy, no policy cancellation fee just the full amount, wish I never insured through Lancaster, also spent 40 minutes on the phone yesterday on hold and gave up in the end"
"The agent Tom Eldering was most helpful, he took the time to explore all options for me, he negotiated almost £100 discount, the policy found for me was half the price of other insurers I had spoken to plus gave better cover. Very impressed thank you Tom"
"Used a price comparison site and answered all questions honestly, Lancaster came back cheapest price and took out cover online Wednesday evening, paid 2 months instalments as deposit. Received phone call from Lancaster Monday afternoon to say they couldn't insure my car as my other vehicle is a company car even though I selected this in the quote process. Advisor very condescending and patronising, almost to the point of arrogant suggesting that I lied on the quote request!! 5 days into the policy and within 14 day cooling off period I was charged £47. Very disappointing service, discourteous & disingenuous and left a bad taste. Case passed to financial ombudsman. TERRIBLE AND AVOID!!!"
"They will not answer the phone and you keep getting the same rubbish answer (due to high customer demand we are unable unable to speak to you"
"After a few problems with my claims history it was refreshing to deal with Lancaster insurance the comuncation was great and I was treated with respect and hope to return to them in the future. ! Nice people"
"Waited 45 mins on hold before having to end the call. Emailed mileage form 4 times to them, each time getting an acknowledgement auto reply and yet nothing done with the form by the office workers. Understaffed and unprofessional in this age. Stay clear!"
"Absolutely amazing company, they beat all my quotes for my classic car. Really helpful with the sales side of the company. Takes a while to get through to them on the phone. Dani at customer services is brilliant, she helped me with all my questions and was really nice person to just generally chat with. Highly recommend."
Lancaster Insurance is rated 2.22 based on 125 reviews