General Accident Reviews

54% of reviewers recommend General Accident

How would you rate General Accident ?

"Unfortunately I had my first accident recently, it was not my fault at all but general accident were so easy to use, all online so even though it happened in the evening I could send all the details through when I finally made it home. I've had my car repaired and it was just so easy, I had the choice of my repairer which was great because I could find someone who had great reviews as I've heard some horror stories of repair centres."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 days ago
"Rang them to check details and would have not had the right cover from their poor quote system, policy wording and poorly trained staff who took 3 attempts to explain their policy and contradicted herself!!! I am in the industry and aware of some of the issues. Very unhelpful and potentially dangerous level of service"
"I found them very efficient and sorted everything professionally and quickly, you couldn't ask for a better service."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 days ago
Robert Arthur
Verified Reviewer
"did not realise it was totally on line only, may not have gone for it if known?. Had to get help to upload documents have never done this before."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 6 days ago
"Having been with them for 2 years when I finally try to make a glass claim I find I can't book an appointment with Autoglass through the system and every attempt to contact by phone to get it resolved results in minutes of recorded 'guff', a bizarre selection of music and absolutely no response by a human being. This has definitely put me off renewing - if this is what it is like trying to get a windscreen crack fixed what would happen in the event of a serious accident? No support or help whatsoever."
"i claimed for winscreen it took minutes to resolve no hazzal very happy"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 week ago
"very easy to book on line but pleased i have not needed to make a claim"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 week ago
"Very good insurance to be with never had any problems with them at all. I've bin with them for 1 year . cheap insurance to be with."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 week ago
"My wife and I wanted to check if we could do a multicar policy instead of renewing on her own as her policy is dew in 7 days now! Which also is cut off date for notice of termination for renewal. All I needed was someone to talk to me and explain the process, but after a month they're not contactable by telephone unless you are making a claim. When I clicked on the help boxes and tried to do the online thing,I could only get pre set answers none relevant.,..aaàggg"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 week ago
"They provided all the help and information that I needed. I would ask help from them in the near future."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"No contact with insurance what’s so ever. Once I had purchased the insurance I had no contact even when I wanted to add another driver."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"The GA Telematics app in itself is generally well designed (if a little slow here and there). Although what is totally unforgivable is the black box which is shoddy, to put it politely. Be prepared to be told that you were speeding and that you’re accelerating and braking is bad no matter how safely you drive. If you start your car and sit still for 10+ minutes then turn your engine off you will be given a score of 0/100 which is infuriating since they reserve the right to cancel your policy if you have a single journey score of under 50/100. The premise of a black box policy is sound, but in practice the gps it relies on is comically bad, my experience with this company has really put me off of taking out a black box policy in the future."
"first time i did online insurance pleased with the service i got"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"Can’t complain with the service I had when getting the insurance however if you need to speak to someone you have to do it online"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"Very easy to deal with. Mobile app is brilliant."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"Easy to set up. All done online to keep costs down, upload documents online and 14 day code to phone them with any issues otherwise phone through the claims number if there is an accident. Any chnages to your policy like change of address or add a driver is done online and tell you how much it would be to add them instantly. Good service haven't had to make a claim, but so good so far."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"I cancelled my policy on the 22nd of May 2018 online. I had a message of a Refund in 5 workings days. Up till now, they have not responded to my emails and I cannot ring them. I have not been refunded a penny! They are the worst I have dealt with."
"Good price but the lack of a call centre and the incomplete website on which your forced to depend can be extremely frustrating."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"Up Loaded NCD proof and the policy was cancelled with me being contacted or told that they needed further proof. They are impossible to contact and offer no solutions despite taking your money"
"I hit a pheasant and it broke my front grill. I had a quote from my preferred garage and then called GA. They were very helpful and sorted everything out from there on. I have nothing but praise, so unlike any other insurance people I have had to deal with. I didn't get past from one department to another and my claim got dealt with swiftly without any messing about. Well done GA, if your quote for my renewal is competitive I will definitely be using you next time."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 weeks ago