General Accident Reviews

General Accident have a Customer Happiness Grade of C-. Customers love their prices and customer service but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

54% of reviewers recommend General Accident

How would you rate General Accident ?

"It’s been a brilliant service and company 5 *****"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 23 hours ago
"This is the first time that we have used General Accident. The process to get a insurance was quick and easy. Hopefully, we will not need to make a claim on our insurance policy until then, this is when you find out when you are dealing with a good company"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 5 days ago
"After trying to reach them for a few months by phone and email with no success, they renewed my policy without even contacting me first! Right now I will contact Citizens Advice, I can't believe they can do this in a legal manner."
"I've had no issues with GA so I would recommend this company,."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 week ago
"I am perfectly happy with this insurer, but no reason not to be, as up to the present have had no reason to make a claim. Hopefully this how it will continue. Of course the only real test of an insurer is when something bad happens and you do need to contact them and make a claim."
"No problems as of yet"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 week ago
"Only online communications no paper policy which to me is very very important"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 week ago
"Not clear that you are not actually a member of the RAC when my battery went couldn’t take advantage if a members discount. Although I ticked hire car on go compare this wasn’t included and they didn’t accept my company car no claims."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"Arranged by phone. Service excellent. No problems throughout policy."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"Couldn’t have wished for a better service. Kept in contact through out claim and after. Efficient, very quick, outstanding staff what more can I say...Thank you!"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"General Accident very competitive on policy cover and price however poor on issue of proof of no claims , secondly l have no documentation!"
"Amazing company"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"WORST CAR INSURANCE COMPANY I HAVE EVER BEEN WITH NO ONE ANSWERS YOUR EMAILS AND YOU ARE LEFT HANGING ON THE PHONE FOR AGES AT YOUR EXPENSE GO ELSEWHERE"
"Good value for money"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 weeks ago
"Windscreen replacement - phone system transferred me direct to autoglass, denying me the right to shop around for a more convenient and timely replacement, resulting in having to wait 3 weeks for completion. To add insult to injury, in replacing the windscreen, the operatives broke a front quarterlight, meaning car was off the road up to 3.00pm the following day waiting for that to be replaced. All round poor show, from both General Accident and Autoglass, both of whom failed to allow me to speak with a representative."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 4 weeks ago
"Competitively priced, easy to join. Not had an accident(long may that remain) so no gripes whatsoever."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"Very easy to set up and use the website. 15yrs without a claim and then some silly person drives into the side of my car. Usual worries about claiming etc, which were soon found unnecessary when making a claim through their online system. Never had a claim dealt with so efficiently. Yet to find out if they will increase my premium due to non fault accident, I hope not as I would really like to stay with them as a customer. Thank you GA."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"They managed to mess up my direct debit payments and you have no way of contacting them by telephone to sort out any issues, that means i received a reminder each month. In all my time with car insurance (over 20 years) this is the only insurance company that managed to mess up my payment. I wrote to them on a few occasions to sort out the issue but never received a reply. I would not be using them again"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"Was no contact number online at all and you could only email them"
"No not yet"