General Accident Reviews

55% of reviewers recommend General Accident

How would you rate General Accident?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

270 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
S. Armitt

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about General Accident in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"After two years of being insured they cancelled the insurance as it lapsed at midnight 19 Feb when the policy did not run out until 20 Feb. A common mistake, I tried to ring at 8am 20 Feb. having returned from holiday yesterday, but they would not accept this and stated a new quote required. I would not recommend this as those companies who value loyalty ring or email to ensure we do not want to renew. Also it is hard to keep track of automatically renewals so they at least should have honoured quote. Poor customer service."
"It takes a min of 20 mins for the claims dept to answer the phone (usually 30 mins). After my car was recovered it took 11 days to decide whether to repair or right off the car and then another 3 weeks to repair. The delays seem to be down to there sub contract engineers -Vizion, who do not seem to be able to cope with the work. When will companies learn that sub contracting to cut costs usually leads to worse customer service?"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 days ago
"I chose G.A for my car insurance, the procedure was very easy, and straight forward, I had no need to contact them further during the year. I hope to receive a favourable renewal quote"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 days ago
"no problems so far good."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 4 days ago
"Dreadful service!!! No reply to my emails, no assistance with a claim, no-one answers the phone!! I had to deal with the third party insurers myself. Avoid at all cost!"
"To much money for my age group!"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 week ago
"customer care service phone direct at list speak to someone to help you when you have a problem, when I don't have access to email ."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"Ok so far"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"Very good. Easy. No bother."
Bryan Lister
Verified Reviewer
"Terrible! Cannot get access to website to service renewal or speak to anyone."
"Good value for money"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"Cancelled insurance due to age"
"Bunch of scam artists"
"Very good"
"Happy with the service"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"the boy on phone was very very help me and nice and glad i got him to sort me out."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"I spoke to Lewis today from claims. He was calm patient and talked me through the whole process. He was very friendly and professional, just what I needed after an accident. I would recommend GA to everyone. A big thank you."
"awful service"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"Wouldn’t insure me because my brother had a claim which has nothing to do with me. Messed around with me for a week wasting my time. Useless pricks"
"ferry hard to get intouch with"
General Accident is rated 3.24 based on 270 reviews